Jump to content
Forums

Probably gonna stay afk against FMs.


Recommended Posts

Former 2080 Destroyer here (before reset yesterday).

 

The sad part is that Destroyer is actually favored in this matchup provided you know how to play your class and aren't a total noob.

Just not a lot of good destroyers out there.

 

They key to FM is simple, aggressive offense, CC/charge at every opportunity, and don't give them room to breathe.

Put 2 points into both Searing and Scorching Strike, run parry Hurricane which stuns them when they hit you, go for grab and quick slam, and wait for your opportunity for that fury combo, watch your focus and don't get caught without it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Fm myself i eat almost all destros unless they are super good or like Rockbridge say aggressive. We have 4 sec oppening when your Tab is disabled for that time we (or at leas i) cant do more than 60 % dmg, also 70 % of the destros are playing super predictable today when i reached gold i didnt met any good one then i met one guy who raped me with his axe like for real. I find destros to be a lot harder to beat if the player knows what hes doing than a BM, but then again if the FM can move around the destro without getting caught its a lot harder to be killed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww, so you can't spin2win your way to victory huh? Such a tragedy. Guess you'll have to actually, you know, learn how to play your class like the rest of us had to with ours.

 

That's the problem with EZmode, tends to make you lazy after a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zorz767 said:

Haha, thx for all feedback. I know you guys are right. Things just get frustrating sometimes.

Meh, we all get salty sometimes. At least you fessed up to it like a boss, now get out there and spin to win !

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rockbridge said:

Former 2080 Destroyer here (before reset yesterday).

 

The sad part is that Destroyer is actually favored in this matchup provided you know how to play your class and aren't a total noob.

Just not a lot of good destroyers out there.

 

They key to FM is simple, aggressive offense, CC/charge at every opportunity, and don't give them room to breathe.

Put 2 points into both Searing and Scorching Strike, run parry Hurricane which stuns them when they hit you, go for grab and quick slam, and wait for your opportunity for that fury combo, watch your focus and don't get caught without it.

Former 2200 Destroyer player (on my level 45 alt last season), and I  have to say the matchup is definitely not favored towards destroyer.  They can pierce your parry, and break all your grabs. Any decent FM wouldn't hit your into your parry, and if they didn't know how to time their attacks, they have skills to pierce parry. 

 

That's not to say you can't win, you certainly can, but the match is most definitely favored towards FM. You shouldn't run Fury either, unless you're much more skilled than your opponent. No sensible FM would let you get away with running just one escape. 

Edited by PhiKing
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the FM matchup and I rarely lose to one. I've never felt the need to run Persistence on any FM because I don't often get caught in those situations like BM or KFM gets me in. Anytime I get locked down by FM it's because I made a stupid move. I run Fury because all I need is one opportunity and if nothing else popping it makes them panic and blow freezes early. I'll take that trade any day because I don't have to have it. I can whittle them down or lock them down by other means.

 

They can pierce some parry but they can't do it constantly. If they are at a distance they are going to want to hit you and eventually the parry will connect a few times and every disruption of their offense is a chance for you to close the gap.

 

One good scorching strike is all I need to get in and force them to blow their escapes.

 

The only danger I have with FM is running out of focus and not being able to spin or get in, that's when I'm screwed. That situation is mostly preventable however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rockbridge said:

I love the FM matchup and I rarely lose to one. I've never felt the need to run Persistence on any FM because I don't often get caught in those situations like BM or KFM gets me in. Anytime I get locked down by FM it's because I made a stupid move. I run Fury because all I need is one opportunity and if nothing else popping it makes them panic and blow freezes early. I'll take that trade any day because I don't have to have it. I can whittle them down or lock them down by other means.

 

They can pierce some parry but they can't do it constantly. If they are at a distance they are going to want to hit you and eventually the parry will connect a few times and every disruption of their offense is a chance for you to close the gap.

 

One good scorching strike is all I need to get in and force them to blow their escapes.

 

The only danger I have with FM is running out of focus and not being able to spin or get in, that's when I'm screwed. That situation is mostly preventable however.

If you're on EU, could you spar me a few dozen times so I get some experience and learn to play against good destroyers? I'm probably gonna lose every time though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If you're on EU, could you spar me a few dozen times so I get some experience and learn to play against good destroyers? I'm probably gonna lose every time though.

Sorry, I'm on NA.

 

Seriously the only matchups I think Destroyer is bad against is KFM, time-out-to-win Sins, and recently BMs with HM skills (but this one may be a learn2play issue since I'm not use to it yet).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...