Need to slow content patches or lower upgrade costs

TheRockmanEXE

4 hours ago, Thandius said:

You play an MMO to get a sense of progression (i.e. gratification). It doesn't matter if that progression is necessary to clear a dungeon

Basicaly this ....

Progress of your character always was, is and gonna be the BIG part of playing a RPG game. It rly doesnt matter if u need it or not -- if dont see any progress, upgrade in visual or power way u just leave..its rly that easy. (btw u need gear to get rewards in ow events)

If true breeze is  designed as a lvl 50 opening weapon which need a BIG farm of material then be it. If u  gonna see a big change in power of your character after this upgrade so be it. If u actualy after this upgrade going to feel like u playing a lvl 50 content of NEW EXPANSION of the game so be it.   BUT u farm materials for this weapon for months!!! and u get crappy  +6 AP negative amount of piercing and negative amount of crit. Another imbecilic amount of time to lvl weapon up  to breakthrounght and level it to max...and then WHAT?..ANOTHER INSANE FARm of EXACTLY THE SAME MATS waiting for you but EVEN MORE! ... and wait for it...for another +15 AP... nah dude grind in this game greeeeeatly overhelmed a reward at the end..it is not worth of the time spend at all...not speek about alts-thats just nah.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone complaining about MTS mats nowadays? No, why? Because SF patch content gives them over 30G, and they can upgrade a lot of their gears from pre-SF with that.

I do! I had a day off yesterday, and the weather was sucky. So, I spent all the time I had on the game, a good 4 or 5 hours total. In that time, I ran every solo-doable daily through the Silverfox region, starting from the Basin. I even chased the monks kids in the monastery and found 5 plogs under rocks. I also sank some time in trying to do SSP (ended up with 11 ss) because the faction was actually doing the whole cycle & I wanted to see it (did not got credits for anything though, but lucked out and dragged one body home + usual trade off repair tools vs 8 Sentinel kills for 6 ss). I also run Mushin's tower till dreamy Hado handed me my sweet B right back.

The net result? About 12 gold. And, I felt absolutely exhausted afterwards and could not face loading the game after supper to do the Beach/Mistywoods. That's not even half of what people talk about for the gpd.

21 hours ago, Fuz said:

Breaking news: there are no people anymore doing those 2 24 men. Only very few premades.

It can be debated that the increased boss HP in Nightshade Harbor is now biting players in the ass.

Also compare their HP with bosses in Frostscale, Plog Sanctum and Beastbog, they are higher than those lv50 bosses.

Whose gonna go duo Ironmane with his 8m HP in Nightshade with 400 AP and crap critrate/dmg?

I think its wise to reverse their HP.

On 14.04.2016 at 9:55 AM, Leakyfaucet said:

I know so many people who just got burnt out when 50 hit. You got so much gear early in 45 and then you come into 50 and feels like nothings changed. Same gear clears the content, upgrading is a huge grind, and you barely get anywhere before the next patch hits. 

Lets not forget anyone who wants to start playing the game is never ever going to catch up and are going to feel left behind. 

Which is why they make those cash grab events(!) 

and the item feed is pain in the ass. that shitty necklace has to get a massive decrease in XP required and price when feeding after Infernal. at first evolutions it's the same as the other accessories, but when you reach Infernal the XP required for next evolution is doubled or tripled compared to ring and earing, the price to feed goes up, and as evolution goes up the XP and feed price increases. this is ridiculous. i spent like 2+ gold in feeding cost to reach Infernal necklace stage 10 from 5. that was helluva lot of expensive. the ring-earing didn't even cost 10 silver each. how much gold it will need later? i'm so freaking scared to know

I am just using Hongmoon Luck Elements from the Wheel to feed after True Prophane/Infernal. It reduces the costs to 1-3 bronze. And, I also heard that purple weapons + SS will also reduce the cost of feeding the insatiable weapons and accessories.

18 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

You dont need to have the best gear, as you said. But what gear do you expect to have or what gear to you believe you "need"?

True profane with some dropped gear (python necklace, ..) and a 25 AP gem will put you at roughly 400 AP. That plus a decent soulshield is enough for ... basically every dungeon. 

This is achieveable in a couple of days after hitting max level (or 49 since 50 just takes a while without story). From there on, some will progress faster, some will progress slower. Mostly due to the time they invest in the game. But even people who just play a couple of hours per day or week will eventually reach higher and higher levels of gear. True pirate with awakened accessories should be doable, but is completely overkill for the content we have right now. People need to understand that we are already a lot stronger than we should be for the content we have (which is why the HP of certain bosses was increased drastically).

So i dont really get the problem here. I dont think anybody can complain until true pirate. Sure, it takes quite some time, but it certainly is doable. And since that's more than enough for the content we have right now, there shouldnt be a problem. I would agree tho, that after that the upgrade costs increase is a bit to steep. Mostly due to frozen dart prices. Still, that seems to be the way the game is intended to be played. A slow progression which makes you stronger, while being able to achieve the point at which you can do most content more or less quickly.

I meant the accessories specifically... Throw 20 gold there, 20 gold there, bazillion of ingredients that require days of farming... I mean if not the current event, I think I would have given up, there's too much hard work to be done, and I truly hate repetitiveness.

I've got a warlock... all profane and awakened infernal gear... just one Siren belt... The costs for the upgrades are expensive. Getting soulstones is a drag with the lag in PVP, Trying to get money by using the crafting provided in game and the PVE that I can do. 

Believe me, the content with all the Soulstones and everything, it's expensive... and obtaining everything, well it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience of which I don't have that much. :P

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

And, I also heard that purple weapons + SS will also reduce the cost of feeding the insatiable weapons and accessories.

It does. That useless purple of from the chest you wasted your key on, with 2-3 soulstones, often can grant you as much as 2-3 bars, whereas you will need about 20-30 blue offering of the same level to gain one bar at 7-10s per click. 2-3 soulstones at 30s, vs 20 clicks at 7s, you can do the math. ;p

Soulstones are about 15-20s now, so even more cost-effective. I really need to learn how to run at least one purple dungeon for L50, as I'd rather do arenas than Mistywood/beach/ and waste my time getting nowhere in SSP. But I am really afraid of purple dungeons, so... yeah. Sucks.

3 hours ago, Nattia said:

I meant the accessories specifically... Throw 20 gold there, 20 gold there, bazillion of ingredients that require days of farming... I mean if not the current event, I think I would have given up, there's too much hard work to be done, and I truly hate repetitiveness.

Sadly.. it might be that mmorpgs are the wrong game for you then. Mmorpgs are basically about grinding stuff (if you are in for the pve content), which is by definition repetitive. There are some mmorpgs that tried to go away from this tho. For example gw2.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Soulstones are about 15-20s now, so even more cost-effective. I really need to learn how to run at least one purple dungeon for L50, as I'd rather do arenas than Mistywood/beach/ and waste my time getting nowhere in SSP. But I am really afraid of purple dungeons, so... yeah. Sucks.

15-20s in your server. on my server they are way more than 30s

27 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Sadly.. it might be that mmorpgs are the wrong game for you then. Mmorpgs are basically about grinding stuff (if you are in for the pve content), which is by definition repetitive. There are some mmorpgs that tried to go away from this tho. For example gw2.

you are wrong, Tera doesn't have such grind and it's a really good game. I just prefer visuals here. but I wish gearing up was as easy as there :|

On 4/14/2016 at 11:59 PM, MooseWayne said:

Why exactly do you have to stay caught up? This game is still alive and kicking in other regions so that means they're still getting new players in. They're definitely not caught up to endgame content but it's not a problem to them. Take the game at your own pace instead of worrying that you won't get to do a new 4man dungeon the day it's released

On 4/14/2016 at 1:14 AM, Negaimu said:

I missed something. at wat point in time did the point of this game became a race...? why does it matter if you are "caught up" with the people paying to progress faster or play many hours a day? I dont get it lol.. When did the level of enjoyment of the game depend on how close you can dry hump the gear cap?

stop pretending this game is a race and just play it at your own pace already. whether the content comes out fast or slow doesnt really change how fast or slow you will take to gear up...  you will have the same rng, the same amount of hours to play etc etc.

I am not saying you are wrong to play at your own pace, actually I am all for it. But the sad truth for this game, the mechanics put casual/new solo players at a great disadvantage. Both on leveling and equipment upgrades.

There are several things I would like to point out as of now.

1. POH 24men: I am only mentioning POH because I still run it, cannot confirm for BSH, but suspect the same for it. This  old 24men is pretty much empty, except for bots. And please do not give me that a new one will form, if one channel reached max. 24. Because I see the same bots in there running in the same area, KO the same mobs, at lest 3 times the past week. For a new/causal players with low AP and gears, w/o a good amount of ppl in here, you can't complete dailies in POH24, You can just run the x-server dungeon, but it will drastically cut down your gold income (3g?) and mats you need for upgrade. FRUSTRATION

2. Field bosses/Wheels of Fate: basically the same thing. You mostly see bots farming essences, you have to feel appreciated of them, because w/o them, you can't or hardly able to KO the boss by yourself. FRUSTRATION

3. X-servers Dungeons below Lv.45: I've been running Altar of Champ, here and there. The last 5 or 6 runs, never once had my party full, at peak hours. And this is because I wanted something from the daily quest, imagine the dungeons you encounter lvling up that you need to party up, but no one wants to do it anymore. FRUSTRATION

4. PvP: for new players that came in thinking this is a pvp game (or from GW2), well you have to lvl up your characters to unlock skill points, Entering PvP arena just equalizes your stats and equips. Which circles the problem around. Unless you are exceptionally good and knows your class well, you really don't stand a chance.

There must be many other things in game that I miss to point out, but I can't think of it atm. And on a side not, I was rather depressed doing Grand Harvest when Silverfrost 1st launch and I was in the 400 AP range. A solo player with that AP? You don't stand a chance of completing  that daily quests. Because everyone basically out dps you and soloing it just lowers your chance and speed of finishing the quests one go; you may be to come back 2/3 times to finish it. FRUSTRATION.

If I didn't join an active clan, I would've given up on the game. Because I was doing BSH, POH, and Naryu every night, at my own pace, but it was also boring after three days. With random ppl, you do not always win bids on items you need. And you might even encounter afks/leech. I had clannies that helped me, but for a new player/casual less fortunate, under this current trend of BnS. Well only few results comes to mind.

If none of these issues matters to you, then there is no reason to try and get caught up. But if these issues do make you frustrated, as much as I would love new players. You might be frustrated to hell toward BnS.

What I am seeing that some people are missing is that for a lot of us the game is no longer fun too play because all we are doing is grinding. My GF and I log in each night for a few hours after work and dinner too enjoy our self playing a game but all we do anymore is dailies for gold and mats which we need to progress our gear and nothing else. Sure every game has it's grind for gear but I have too say that this is the 1st game we have played that has so much grind.

We start too feel at last we are getting somewhere in the game then BAM new content is released and with it more grinding, it just seems endless to us and many others. In China, Japan and Korea new content I am sure didn't come out every few weeks which let them progress in upgrading their gear but here new content is being released so fast for those that only have so much time too play that we just feel we are being left behind by NCsoft. It's great for those who don't have a life or can spend huge amounts of cash buying gold and therefore can progress in the game but for those who are casual players it will be week/months before our gear allows us too do those epic instances and then new content is released and we are even more behind.

There must be many other things in game that I miss to point out, but I can't think of it atm. And on a side not, I was rather depressed doing Grand Harvest when Silverfrost 1st launch and I was in the 400 AP range. A solo player with that AP? You don't stand a chance of completing  that daily quests. Because everyone basically out dps you and soloing it just lowers your chance and speed of finishing the quests one go; you may be to come back 2/3 times to finish it. FRUSTRATION.

Or SSP. I actually really enjoy the whole camaraderie and the process of that battle, but I get zero rewards. 40 min in this game with zero to show for it? Yakes.

If I didn't join an active clan, I would've given up on the game. Because I was doing BSH, POH, and Naryu every night, at my own pace, but it was also boring after three days. With random ppl, you do not always win bids on items you need. And you might even encounter afks/leech. I had clannies that helped me, but for a new player/casual less fortunate, under this current trend of BnS. Well only few results comes to mind.

I cannot find an active clan so far. I am starting to play alts and an SP version of this game. My gear is good enough to go on with the story, and that's that. I do not want to play dungeons w/o a clan, and a line-up of the things to do: Mistywoods, SSP for killing 8 Sentinels, and all of the Silverforst dailies done by a single player take more time than I have per day to play through.

They are the only things I can do efficiently in my gear set that bring in any kind of income and mats, and I do not want to do it day in, day out on the same char. So, I am going to run up alts and free up time to do a few arenas here and there to make my experience a bit more variable.

Overall, an hour of play of this game has too low of a compensation in terms of game's achievement, hence the bots thrive.

Yeah finding a Clan too help with the grind is really hard, iv joined a few and though it's members were well geared trying too form a clan group for one of the lvl 50 epic instances or too do SSPs or one of the group dailies well just didn't happen because everyone was doing their own thing and there was nothing planned.

On 4/15/2016 at 9:56 AM, DomiSotto said:

I do! I had a day off yesterday, and the weather was sucky. So, I spent all the time I had on the game, a good 4 or 5 hours total. In that time, I ran every solo-doable daily through the Silverfox region, starting from the Basin. I even chased the monks kids in the monastery and found 5 plogs under rocks. I also sank some time in trying to do SSP (ended up with 11 ss) because the faction was actually doing the whole cycle & I wanted to see it (did not got credits for anything though, but lucked out and dragged one body home + usual trade off repair tools vs 8 Sentinel kills for 6 ss). I also run Mushin's tower till dreamy Hado handed me my sweet B right back.

The net result? About 12 gold. And, I felt absolutely exhausted afterwards and could not face loading the game after supper to do the Beach/Mistywoods. That's not even half of what people talk about for the gpd.

Okay...so do the party dailies, they give a lot more gold.

But to the topic, I'd say the bigger issue is that not enough materials drop. Even though the upgrades aren't huge, I don't mind going for them. What I do mind is grinding for hours for materials and barely having anything to show for it. This makes me not even want to farm, because I don't feel my time invested is worth the "reward".

Apparently they're addressing the low stinger drop rate. Hopefully, they increase the naryu tablet drop rate a bit as well. If they do that, then I'll feel a lot better about having to farm materials for not so great upgrades. Just make farming feel rewarding, so that people will want to keep at it, thus, not leaving the game entirely.

On 4/14/2016 at 5:20 AM, Miku Lyn said:

I don't get this concept of "caught up"..

Caught up to who or what?? caught up to Korea?? caught up to people who no life it??

If you started the game today or a week ago, would you quit tomorrow because your not "caught up"??... I don't get it.

It's not about being caught up it's about a feeling of getting somewhere in the game. The Grind for casual players can be over whelming and when you start too feel like you are long last getting somewhere in the game a new patch is released and you feel like why bother playing B&S when there is so many other games out there with less grind. Grinding non stop isn't fun and if people aren't having fun playing then they quit the game and go elsewhere. It's easy too tell that many of the community is getting tired of the BOTs, Hackers and the grind and are leaving the game. If this keeps up soon a good game with one of the best stories iv seen will soon be dead.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Or SSP. I actually really enjoy the whole camaraderie and the process of that battle, but I get zero rewards. 40 min in this game with zero to show for it? Yakes.

I cannot find an active clan so far. I am starting to play alts and an SP version of this game. My gear is good enough to go on with the story, and that's that. I do not want to play dungeons w/o a clan, and a line-up of the things to do: Mistywoods, SSP for killing 8 Sentinels, and all of the Silverforst dailies done by a single player take more time than I have per day to play through.

They are the only things I can do efficiently in my gear set that bring in any kind of income and mats, and I do not want to do it day in, day out on the same char. So, I am going to run up alts and free up time to do a few arenas here and there to make my experience a bit more variable.

Overall, an hour of play of this game has too low of a compensation in terms of game's achievement, hence the bots thrive.

If it will bring you some consolation, I actually went by 4 or 5 clans before I landed on the current. I didnt really care if I was in the winning faction or not, I just care clan affinity matches well with me. But the reality on Hajoon was that Ceru faction is completely dead (when I was one, 2/3 weeks ago). Not one talk in faction chat, u can only see bots spamming. And I didnt join Crimson so I can steamroll the Ceru players, but Crimson were the ones recruiting new players. When I do SSP, I do the PvE side of it. What I do see now, as many has pointed out, is speed hackers.

I am not sure if NC will even see/care post like this, but I guess only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Mistia said:

If it will bring you some consolation, I actually went by 4 or 5 clans before I landed on the current. I didnt really care if I was in the winning faction or not, I just care clan affinity matches well with me. But the reality on Hajoon was that Ceru faction is completely dead (when I was one, 2/3 weeks ago). Not one talk in faction chat, u can only see bots spamming. And I didnt join Crimson so I can steamroll the Ceru players, but Crimson were the ones recruiting new players. When I do SSP, I do the PvE side of it. What I do see now, as many has pointed out, is speed hackers.

I am not sure if NC will even see/care post like this, but I guess only time will tell.

We actually have really cools SSP on Iksanun, both factions do it, and it is awesome in terms of people communicating, and chatting. That's the only thing I really wish I could be a part of, but won't because my gear will remain inadequate. Oh, well.

Okay...so do the party dailies, they give a lot more gold.

I don't like doing purple dungeons, and my rule in gaming is that I simply do not play what I do not like. I am horrible at speed running, wall climbing and gliding. Even if I join a clan that does them, I doubt many people will have patience for me falling down all the time on the glides. Besides, the only dungeon I am geared for is Blackram Supply, maybe nightshade... so not much gold there.

I dunno, some people find PvP or OW PvP unappealing, I don't want to do end-game dungeons :) I found my way to play the game to accommodate my preference and I am pretty pumped about it. Yep, I won't get much, but I don't need much.  

I mean, I miss playing with others, but I am not that great of a player, so maybe it's wrong to do group content anyway.

Archived