Jump to content
Forums

Need to slow content patches or lower upgrade costs


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, MooseWayne said:

Breaking news: MMO game encourages working with others in some sort of weird multiplayer fashion. Studies are showing that playing an MMO as it was intended to play somehow increases the efficiency of playing while decreasing the difficulty compared to players who try to solo every damn thing and then give up when faced with a little adversity

Breaking news: there are no people anymore doing those 2 24 men. Only very few premades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is *cricket*ing stupid.  not even a month after silverfrost and we already have new content inbound.  not all of us can grind 12 hours a day or swipe, and at the rate of content patches it's just

To the people saying "you don't have to catch up, there's no need":   You are missing the point.   You play an MMO to get a sense of progression (i.e. gratification). It doesn't ma

This. They need to fix upgrade costs for this release speed.

2 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Breaking news: there are no people anymore doing those 2 24 men. Only very few premades.

You missed the point. Find a guild or a group of players in the same boat as you and help each other with old content. This game isn't balanced around solo players

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the cost to upgrade your gear should be lowered if new content is going too come out so fast.

I would like too checkout the new content ( instances ) but I can't because my AP isn't up to par to do so and since my GF and I only have time too play for a few hours a day and it can take up to a week for us too make enough gold and gather the mats needed to evolve a piece of gear.

We did change our Main too a warlock which took just under 2 weeks too lvl to 45 but in doing so we did get items needed to evolve from the warlock challenge. Still though we are slowly managing too gear and if the cost/mats needed too evolve an item was lowered it would really help out and also maybe some of the players that has given up on the game because they have felt that they just can't keep up with the new content might have not dropped the game. OOH and too those saying find a Clan too help out with gearing up that is not always easy too do, We have joined a few clans but even though it had a good # of people in it everyone was doing their own thing and trying too form a raid group just didn't happen. Other clans that did do daily instance runs wanted you too donate gold/soul stones etc each day which well is hard to do when one needs that for evolving. Also atm very few clans are posting for members which makes it hard to find and join a clan on my server.

One nice thing is at least one is able too do the story quests/side quests without needing your gear maxed. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

This is *cricket*ing stupid.  not even a month after silverfrost and we already have new content inbound.  not all of us can grind 12 hours a day or swipe, and at the rate of content patches it's just not feasible to stay caught up.  we've had years of content thrown at us in 3 months, give us some *cricket* time to at least get true breeze.  either slow down patches or lower upgrade costs, or be prepared to see player counts drop hard.  some of my friends have already quit because they can't keep up.  i just barely managed truw siren accessories and i'm still in true pirate.

 

i'm still able to do all content but i can feel myself falling behind every day

I have the same feeling. This game upgrade is going too fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The updates are too fast. Was hoping the event would even things out, but nope. The rates are way too low for stingers/darts. The swipers already got the things they needed in the first day and won't need to anymore for the rest of it. Were just left with an event that crashed the ss market making it harder to buy the darts. Even exchange got destroyed that there will be no way for normal players to get whatever new outfit gets released in a week.

 

And lol at the people saying you don't need gear to keep up. Try doing grand harvest with a low ap alt, and everyone around you having 600+ ap. You ain't getting shit from the bosses ever.

Edited by Hongmoon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MooseWayne said:

You missed the point. Find a guild or a group of players in the same boat as you and help each other with old content. This game isn't balanced around solo players

Me? 
Oh no, I was already full pirate before Silverfrost.
But I see lots of people struggling with that.

Edit:
My alts though... they will probably stay at profane forever.

Edited by Fuz
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MooseWayne said:

You missed the point. Find a guild or a group of players in the same boat as you and help each other with old content. This game isn't balanced around solo players

That sounds good on paper, but in reality you''ll have a really hard time finding a good guild that fits best for your schedule. I'm talking weeks to months, in which by that time new content will be out... so you're just mostly left to flipping over tables until you find some insane reason to stay throwing yourself onto this massive grind wall.  I say this because this fall coming up will make it 10yrs of MMO gaming for me, and I'll tell that guild idea is thrown around too much to be relevant, for anyone. 

 

@Thread

I'm at 492 AP 50%crit 63k HP, took me 3 weeks to go from True Siren to True Pirate. So for now i'm not QQing for the future update coming, I'm just saying its really daft of them to do this and im just outright exhausted, so i'm just going (edited) mode and take my time from now on.  

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Language.
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duzurix said:

Are you dumb?.. U need farm those daily bullshit 24 mans to get your break evo gear emblems etc... he said about premade "good for you" so thats basicaly means hes playing alone ...."with decent gear"....WTF man u cant be serious if u have decent gear u obviously dont need to do those zones jesus ...he has to do to get gear = he dont have decent gear = struggle with 2m+hp bosses.

 

 

 

Basicaly he said he have hard times in  old 45lvl 24 m dungeons coz they are empty now but he still need them to upgrade gear. Your answer is "W/e man it is easy with 550ap+ learn to play omg".....

You're not rocket scientist obviously.

 

When those places were fresh i was doing bosses as duo if there was not other players. Sometimes we managed to get bosses to 20% hp before someone showed up so you're telling me that you guys fail to do it with 2 man group at lvl 50 when you got more hp and other stuff. Top of that YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THEM. Go silverfrost path if you dont like doing them you can skip those places.

 

Silverfrost path yes is bit more expensive but its not time consuming as old path is so its up to you decide what ever you wanna run garbage 24mans or not.

Top of that

 

Stop crying like little kid and git gud. Heck even my friend with awekened siren and other stuff soloed 4man poharan back in days so yeah you cant beat 24man extremely easy bosses then problem is at your end. Top of that only boss you need from those places is last boss for weapon box no need for emblems or anything so yeah lets argue about issue bit more till you realise that problem is at ur end

Link to post
Share on other sites

upgrade costs need to be lowered. otherwise people are going to leave at some point. the amount of work to be done is horrid...get me right, I don't need to have the best gear because that is for the hardcores :<

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nattia said:

upgrade costs need to be lowered. otherwise people are going to leave at some point. the amount of work to be done is horrid...get me right, I don't need to have the best gear because that is for the hardcores :<

You dont need to have the best gear, as you said. But what gear do you expect to have or what gear to you believe you "need"?

True profane with some dropped gear (python necklace, ..) and a 25 AP gem will put you at roughly 400 AP. That plus a decent soulshield is enough for ... basically every dungeon. 

 

This is achieveable in a couple of days after hitting max level (or 49 since 50 just takes a while without story). From there on, some will progress faster, some will progress slower. Mostly due to the time they invest in the game. But even people who just play a couple of hours per day or week will eventually reach higher and higher levels of gear. True pirate with awakened accessories should be doable, but is completely overkill for the content we have right now. People need to understand that we are already a lot stronger than we should be for the content we have (which is why the HP of certain bosses was increased drastically).

 

So i dont really get the problem here. I dont think anybody can complain until true pirate. Sure, it takes quite some time, but it certainly is doable. And since that's more than enough for the content we have right now, there shouldnt be a problem. I would agree tho, that after that the upgrade costs increase is a bit to steep. Mostly due to frozen dart prices. Still, that seems to be the way the game is intended to be played. A slow progression which makes you stronger, while being able to achieve the point at which you can do most content more or less quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

we've had years of content thrown at us in 3 months, give us some *cricket* time to at least get true breeze.  either slow down patches or lower upgrade costs, or be prepared to see player counts drop hard.  some of my friends have already quit because they can't keep up.

Ask yourself, has NCS forced you to keep up? You need to play this game however you like. If it takes you the next 3 months to upgrade to Breeze, so be it. more power to you.

 

When I was playing FF14 ARR, the exact same sh*t happened. Whenever new iLevel gear came out, the l33t rushs to BiS, and 2-3 months later SE comes out with another patch and pushes the iLevel up a bit more. Guess what? L33t players that rushed to BiS within the initial weeks got screwed because what took them hundreds of hours of farming, became do-able by the general population in less then 10-20 hours.

 

Truth is, NCS needs to push out the content so we can be on par with KR, and maybe the player base can then actually start to have some know-how in the PvP eSport event they are pushing so hard on.

 

Personally, I take the new content as more option for me to farm what is currently very limited resources, hence IMHO the more the merrier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Ask yourself, has NCS forced you to keep up? You need to play this game however you like. If it takes you the next 3 months to upgrade to Breeze, so be it. more power to you.

 

When I was playing FF14 ARR, the exact same sh*t happened. Whenever new iLevel gear came out, the l33t rushs to BiS, and 2-3 months later SE comes out with another patch and pushes the iLevel up a bit more. Guess what? L33t players that rushed to BiS within the initial weeks got screwed because what took them hundreds of hours of farming, became do-able by the general population in less then 10-20 hours.

 

Truth is, NCS needs to push out the content so we can be on par with KR, and maybe the player base can then actually start to have some know-how in the PvP eSport event they are pushing so hard on.

 

Personally, I take the new content as more option for me to farm what is currently very limited resources, hence IMHO the more the merrier.

So in other words your gear is maxed or close too it and you have a ton of free time to play, a lot of people feel like it is going too take ages for them too get to where they are able too exp. the epic instances and with new content coming out on the 27th they will feel even more left behind

 

Edited by Drakor
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AttacKat said:

If it takes you the next 3 months to upgrade to Breeze, so be it. 

Yeah, because it's so fun spending 3 months doing the same content over (or NOT being able to do it because basically nobody does it anymore, like e. fleet and NSH) and over while updates and new content are released. 
Also, costs were ok then (being pirate endgame), but they're not now.
If you think people will stay in game for 3 months without being able to progress, you're wrong. This will lead to desert servers.

Edited by Fuz
Link to post
Share on other sites

To the people saying "you don't have to catch up, there's no need":

 

You are missing the point.

 

You play an MMO to get a sense of progression (i.e. gratification). It doesn't matter if that progression is necessary to clear a dungeon. If you don't progress in regular intervals acceptable to the majority of players, people won't feel satisfied by their playing experience and leave.

 

People already made a good point about having not even enough time to play an alt because of this.

 

And if you really need a disadvantage pointed out: Imagine you are behind the curve in Soulstone Plains - you will get way less prestige than those players with Breeze and Scorpio up to the point where you won't even get drop/quest credit. If you are a melee class that can right now even happen to you if you are around 500 AP and get unlucky enough to have many FMs in your zerg, that have no problems hitting a dashing-around Grindtooth.

 

So yes, that gear matters - both as a psychological motivator and in a very real balance sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thandius said:

You play an MMO to get a sense of progression (i.e. gratification). It doesn't matter if that progression is necessary to clear a dungeon. If you don't progress in regular intervals acceptable to the majority of players, people won't feel satisfied by their playing experience and leave.

It's a basic skinner box mechanism.
There *has* to be a good balance of punishment/reward, or it doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drakor said:

So in other words your gear is maxed or close too it and you have a ton of free time to play, a lot of people feel like it is going too take ages for them too get to where they are able too exp. the epic instances and with new content coming out on the 27th they will feel even more left behind

 

LOL, you totally didn't understand my post.

 

What I am saying is, no one is forcing you to rush other then yourself. This is a MMO, there is no set time limit on when you need to be at XYZ. The game will still be here 12 months from now. If you feel things are too expensive now, and that is because the lack of necessary content for you to get the items and has nothing to do with requiring you to farm 500 hours for a given item. The devs needs to push on *new* content (new for us, but seriously really old by KR standards) so we can have the necessary content to farm the materials. IOW, we aren't being force into a corner, what NA is trying to do is basically playing catch up in <12 (<9 now) months what other regions already have had for 2+ years.

 

Some players will feel they need to stay BiS all the time, great, let them. But seriously, don't let that give you a false sense that you need to and must do the same. Personally, I don't see the why I need to farm 200 hrs so I can be BiS since everything will all be outdated in <4-8 wks anyway. And it will be like this until we catch up to KR. If you don't understand my logic here, please re-read my FF14 ARR example.

 

BTW, my best gear is only at 468AP, so I am far from being *maxed* out as you have stated it. LOL, I don't even qualify to run 6 man Yeti if we go on the current l33t AP demands.

Edited by AttacKat
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that I would have enjoyed the game much more if the material requirements for every update after True Profane were unilaterally cut down by a factor of 5.

 

This is not because I really require BiS, it is more that when I look at the mats lists I realize that I simply do not want to re-run the same content the number of times it requires me to and having to run the content of the difficulty that I am uncomfortable with.

 

Basically, my ideal playstyle would be having 2-4 characters of the simpler classes, running the story, arenas on like a Silver Tier and the blue-level tier content, while still being able to play through the story and the new content. Currently, while I can join the raids like GHS and SSP, I do not get quest completions for doing it. Also, if I play arena PvP, I feel that I am at a disadvantage because I do not have a way to unlock the 4th tier of skills and to get the Small Dragon Certificates. I also have no idea what the soul is and what it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

How are we almost done, if KR has VII Acts, and we have just started the IVs?

at the rate the patches are coming out we will be done by mid-late summer.

 

Which is fine with me, but I enjoy the arena so I am excited to compete at the same level KR is at

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Herbes said:

You dont have to go to the new content on the first day... Its not forced..

And if most of you "cant keep up" there should be enough ppl to run lower dungeons every day.

You'd think so, but it seems that most folks try to go for the more lucrative newer content instead. For comparison, a run of the Silverfox Dailies is more beneficial than the run of the East Fleet and Nightshade but takes as much time. So, now you are faced with a dilemma of trying to do the EF/NS for mats or Silverfox for gold on any given day.

 

It is really not fun to be cut out of the SSP and GSH.

 

Finally, the inventory is overflowing with all the Breakthrough and Evolution Items you can't yet use.

Edited by DomiSotto
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

You'd think so, but it seems that most folks try to go for the more lucrative newer content instead. For comparison, a run of the Silverfox Dailies is more beneficial than the run of the East Fleet and Nightshade but takes as much time. So, now you are faced with a dilemma of trying to do the EF/NS for mats or Silverfox for gold.

Take yourself back to pre-Silverfrost (SF), what was the major complain people had? MTS+mats being too costly and cannot upgrade. What is the current complain? SF mats is too costly and cannot upgrade. Basically the same complains, aren't they?

 

Is anyone complaining about MTS mats nowadays? No, why? Because SF patch content gives them over 30G, and they can upgrade a lot of their gears from pre-SF with that.

 

You cannot upgrade to Oathbreaker? So what? You and 90%+ of the population. Current content doesn't require Oathbreaker anyway. But no worries, because SF mats will be as worthless as MTS mats now in the next few weeks.

 

Edited by AttacKat
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Take yourself back to pre-Silverfrost (SF), what was the major complain people had? MTS+mats being too costly and cannot upgrade. What is the current complain? SF mats is too costly and cannot upgrade. Basically the same complains, aren't they?

 

Is anyone complaining about MTS mats nowadays? No, why? Because SF patch content gives them over 30G, and they can upgrade a lot of their gears from pre-SF with that.

 

You cannot upgrade to Oathbreaker? So what? You and 90%+ of the population. Current content doesn't require Oathbreaker anyway. But no worries, because SF mats will be as worthless as MTS mats now in the next few weeks.

 

Uhhhh... no. People are still complaining (and even more than before, since prices are higher and there's less people to do that content) about MTS-related upgrades.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...