Need to slow content patches or lower upgrade costs

TheRockmanEXE

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WheepingSong said:

To all you guys saying you dont need to upgrade as fast as possible. 

Problem is: next patch will bring 6v6 pvp content. So if you want to compete normally and not be stomped on by other players 24/7 you will have to upgrade. 

Oh... and this new 6v6 is not equalized and you have to do it to progress??

5 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

and you have to do this 6v6 why??

coz it can actually be fun? I remember good, old "Scenarios" in Warhammer. Those were fun! OFC all depends if we don't lag to death the moment someone else swings their weapon.

2 minutes ago, Bartas said:

coz it can actually be fun? I remember good, old "Scenarios" in Warhammer. Those were fun! OFC all depends if we don't lag to death the moment someone else swings their weapon.

Sold, great argument.

2 hours ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

even players like myself are feeling left behind as people around me are swiping or grinding hardcore and have their scorpio shit while i'm still in pirate

i am 530ap with a pirate weap.

i dont care about being behind.

40 minutes ago, WheepingSong said:

To all you guys saying you dont need to upgrade as fast as possible. 

Problem is: next patch will bring 6v6 pvp content. So if you want to compete normally and not be stomped on by other players 24/7 you will have to upgrade. 

uh... 6v6 isnt meant to be serious lol. gear is allowed... meaning allll kinds of goofy shennanigans & unbalanced nonsnese will go down. anyone taking 6v6 seriously is setting themselves up for disappointment.

1 hour ago, Negaimu said:

uh... 6v6 isnt meant to be serious lol. gear is allowed... meaning allll kinds of goofy shennanigans & unbalanced nonsnese will go down. anyone taking 6v6 seriously is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Its not a question of taking 6v6 seriosly. I would like to play 6v6 for fun and as a welcome change from 1v1 and 3v3. 

However it is not fun if you get smacked due to low gear.

should there be an mmr involved it may change everything as i might be able to outplay ppl with high end gear

I have been playing daily since Jan and cant make enough gold to get past Siren  weapon, i haven't even started on my accessories past 45's story yet, Theres just not enough gold to be made if you arnt lucky enough to get rare items drop (Which im not).

To those saying its not a race, clearly they arnt behind, Every try to solo BSH and Efleet? Nobody does them anymore on my server so theres little to no gold to be made there and nobody to do the bosses with.

Ever see those group who wont take anyone unless they have 50000+ AP? While rare, they are setting a trend and forcing the need for better gear.
PvP problems ofcrouse, the classes are unbalanced enough without coming up against someone 2-3 gear tiers above you. I see it all the time in SS plains, two people from the blue guild with maxed gear wrecking entire groups of reds trying to farm Stones, and doing so without breaking a sweat, repeatedly, to the point red has no choice but to give up, and going to misty woods is no better, its just a farm fest for a few maxed players blocking everyone else from progressing.

And lets not forget the number of times i have set up a group for Yeti or the others, just to have a endless stream of people quit group because "Oh so and so only has True Siren, what a scrub" even though they have completed it 100 times over with other groups with ease.

In the end i do believe the prices need to be reduced for previous tiers whenever new content comes out but lets face it, NCSoft doesn't have a good reputation for fixing problems, being fair to its player bases outside of Korea, or valuing its customer base outside of Korea.

NO havnt read every post in this thread but from what i have read , why is new content a big deal?

most games are very slow to add content and that  sucks,,

Why is there a need to  catch up (IMHO) slow down and enjoy the game i rushed my warlock to 45 and missed allot of cool crap i have experienced on my 38 force master

if the elite have 1000ap min on a dungeon then  leave them to it and  create a dungeon or join a random.

I wish i couyd  choose a lvl range  for my dungeon i dont really want the elite blasting through my dungeon i prefer to enjoy my game not  chase some idiot to the boss

I agree 100% that the upgrade cost is insanely stupid and should be address but not nerfed into everyone is the same.  most MMO's i have played  it can take a long time to get  one bad ass weapon or amour piece with seriously hard grinding. 

4 hours ago, KzE said:

Its even harder for them. After 4man merge in to 6man, even less materials drop, and their price is a way higher. 

Bs, I've seen 11 oils drop, 4 man and 6 man never dropped that many before.

Not to mention, its consistently 4+ oils now where before you could get as low as 1.

3 hours ago, Hatsunya said:

So what? Go with your own pace. Another post about crying over nothing. Do you know what is worst thing what can happen in MMORPGS? Player gets everything right away like wow and then theres nothing to do.

Yeah?
Try to do e.fleet and NSH now.

7 hours ago, MooseWayne said:

Why exactly do you have to stay caught up? This game is still alive and kicking in other regions so that means they're still getting new players in. They're definitely not caught up to endgame content but it's not a problem to them. Take the game at your own pace instead of worrying that you won't get to do a new 4man dungeon the day it's released

Certain content is going to become unpopular. Blackwyrm is only still being done because people rage quit the new faction area due to how difficult it is, speed hackers, etc. I expect once people grasp new dungeons, it's harder to get people to run the old content. And old content can still be too hard to shortman if your gear is still at that level. 

I leveled up late in Taiwan. You should have seen how long it took to even find 1 or 2 people to run certain dungeons for the breakthrough or evolution item. And that one place that is not in cross dungeon was impossible. Nobody ever ran that, I had to solo (thankfully it is a blue weapon but the prices in Taiwan are inflated to hell as the population has a ton of gold). 

Sure. I can fluff about. And then have a hard time getting my items... The mats and the items to evolve. Or never have a chance at an outfit cause nobody runs the content anymore. 

Or I can burn myself out keeping up. 

Cannot win. 

7 hours ago, Bartas said:

My gear is quite nice for the current content but it takes all my time and resources just to upgrade something at least once per week or two. I mean if I do not do all possible daylies I feel like I'm loosing something. Not to mention it is rly hard to save up some gold for things I would like to craft or buy. Also it is funny, every time I reach AP level that I feel is more than enough for clearing some content (400, 450, 500) ppl demend 50+ AP more in dungs. I know it is a minority/elitists/lazy part of community but still, going with total randoms is just frustrating when you have a limited time to play.

Another thing is the amount of resources needed for upgrades. Gold/soulstones are easily farmable in set amount of time but things like Naryuu tablets or stingers are quite random or bid/RNG dependant. You can put as much effort as you want and still end up with nothing.

Or you could buy them on the marketplace. 

Just sayin. 

9 hours ago, Hatsunya said:

Both of them can be done with 2-3man group with decent gear. And why would i ever again step there? i hate those places :)

U need farm those daily bullshit 24 mans to get your break evo gear emblems etc... he said about premade "good for you" so thats basicaly means hes playing alone ...."with decent gear"....WTF man u cant be serious if u have decent gear u obviously dont need to do those zones jesus ...he has to do to get gear = he dont have decent gear = struggle with 2m+hp bosses.

Basicaly he said he have hard times in  old 45lvl 24 m dungeons coz they are empty now but he still need them to upgrade gear. Your answer is "W/e man it is easy with 550ap+ learn to play omg".....

Need to not-want-everything-in-an-instant. What would you do if you just started the game in the korean version? Cry about how there is to much content and how you cant have max gear in a month? As you said, this is years worth of content, why the *cricket* do people expect to have everything in the small amount of time we have between patches. That is beyong asinine.

Edit: Oh but i'm not arguing about certain things being to costly. It's just that these threads are getting stupid.

There does need to be something done to bring the weapon and accesories upgrades past infernal lord up to scratch and less of a hassle the real issue I can see right now is the requirement for Soulstones as well as transformation stones. Would be nice to reduce the costs to much lower levels or add some into the levelling rewards to make it easier or a combo of both. The fact is its an extreme difficulty jump in terms of upgrading past a certain point and what needs to be done is take a page from the FFXIV book and make it so that the last level of upgrade is hard and its much easier to say to get to the 3rd highest tier and normal difficulty to get to the 2nd highest with only the current highest level being hard or expensive. Biggest problem is were basically getting content that was balanced for a much longer period in design terms and basically railroading through alot of it at an extremely fast pace to catch up to korea and the strain is showing.

1 hour ago, Raiya said:

There does need to be something done to bring the weapon and accesories upgrades past infernal lord up to scratch and less of a hassle the real issue I can see right now is the requirement for Soulstones as well as transformation stones. Would be nice to reduce the costs to much lower levels or add some into the levelling rewards to make it easier or a combo of both. The fact is its an extreme difficulty jump in terms of upgrading past a certain point and what needs to be done is take a page from the FFXIV book and make it so that the last level of upgrade is hard and its much easier to say to get to the 3rd highest tier and normal difficulty to get to the 2nd highest with only the current highest level being hard or expensive. Biggest problem is were basically getting content that was balanced for a much longer period in design terms and basically railroading through alot of it at an extremely fast pace to catch up to korea and the strain is showing.

Totally agree with you here.

I play MMOs since 2004 and this game have the steepest upgrade curve that i have ever seen (past level 42). Some of the upgrade feel as plain gold sinks, where the first levels grant you lower stats and damage output then the previous version. In my opinion while leveling every wep upgrade should be accessible ( i don't mean plain easy, but can be done with some work), top tire wep and an upgrade to legendary status should cost tons of money and give marginal benefits (5%-10%). In the current System i need to spend too many hours farming in order to have the ability to pay more and farm a lot more. don't forget that the player in this game need  pay a lot more then other games in order to use found or purchased weapon/accessory (breakthrough + upgrades to take it to it's full potential).

Those of you who say that you don't need to upgrade to be in par with the rest of the players, ask the players to limit themselves to do the same tasks and not try anything challenging. What about the people who have a job and family and can log for 2-3 hours a day?

4 hours ago, Fuz said:

"we" means that you have a premade party.
GOOD FOR YOU!
Other people are screwed.

"lolz I got no issues so nobody haz them hurr durr"

Breaking news: MMO game encourages working with others in some sort of weird multiplayer fashion. Studies are showing that playing an MMO as it was intended to play somehow increases the efficiency of playing while decreasing the difficulty compared to players who try to solo every damn thing and then give up when faced with a little adversity

Archived