Forums

Need to slow content patches or lower upgrade costs

TheRockmanEXE

This is *cricket*ing stupid.  not even a month after silverfrost and we already have new content inbound.  not all of us can grind 12 hours a day or swipe, and at the rate of content patches it's just not feasible to stay caught up.  we've had years of content thrown at us in 3 months, give us some *cricket* time to at least get true breeze.  either slow down patches or lower upgrade costs, or be prepared to see player counts drop hard.  some of my friends have already quit because they can't keep up.  i just barely managed truw siren accessories and i'm still in true pirate.

i'm still able to do all content but i can feel myself falling behind every day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know so many people who just got burnt out when 50 hit. You got so much gear early in 45 and then you come into 50 and feels like nothings changed. Same gear clears the content, upgrading is a huge grind, and you barely get anywhere before the next patch hits. 

Lets not forget anyone who wants to start playing the game is never ever going to catch up and are going to feel left behind. 

Just now, Leakyfaucet said:

Lets not forget anyone who wants to start playing the game is never ever going to catch up and are going to feel left behind. 

even players like myself are feeling left behind as people around me are swiping or grinding hardcore and have their scorpio shit while i'm still in pirate

Why exactly do you have to stay caught up? This game is still alive and kicking in other regions so that means they're still getting new players in. They're definitely not caught up to endgame content but it's not a problem to them. Take the game at your own pace instead of worrying that you won't get to do a new 4man dungeon the day it's released

My gear is quite nice for the current content but it takes all my time and resources just to upgrade something at least once per week or two. I mean if I do not do all possible daylies I feel like I'm loosing something. Not to mention it is rly hard to save up some gold for things I would like to craft or buy. Also it is funny, every time I reach AP level that I feel is more than enough for clearing some content (400, 450, 500) ppl demend 50+ AP more in dungs. I know it is a minority/elitists/lazy part of community but still, going with total randoms is just frustrating when you have a limited time to play.

Another thing is the amount of resources needed for upgrades. Gold/soulstones are easily farmable in set amount of time but things like Naryuu tablets or stingers are quite random or bid/RNG dependant. You can put as much effort as you want and still end up with nothing.

No we can't offend the few people who max ALL their gear within 1 week of update. We can't help the people who are still gearing for the PREVIOUS update. 

The cost to upgrade should become cheaper after a few updates, (and stuff if people complain over that you made choice to rush) to help others get ready rather than quit.

The cost to upgrade is getting crazy with the venom dart material requirements (2g x 170) and you need a GODLY amount to even think about getting to breeze let alone Scorpio. 

You are going to need way more AP than another other dungeon to even think about going in to the new ones. 550 AP will be the minimum if boss fight is anything like I have seen going around... 3x HP as Yeti (with a time limit to boot).

21 minutes ago, Leakyfaucet said:

Its even harder for them. After 4man merge in to 6man, even less materials drop, and their price is a way higher. 

22 minutes ago, KzE said:

Its even harder for them. After 4man merge in to 6man, even less materials drop, and their price is a way higher. 

And you can't have a reroll either, it's almost impossible to upgrade 2 characters, or even to change your class. Even a lot of people having rerolled a Warlock are still behind. 

The 3 years content in 1 year only strategy is useless for most of the players because of this. Except for the people able to play 10+ hours per day and doing several runs of 4 men dungeons daily (+ PvP, all the dailies...), the others don't have the gear or the money to keep up. If you fall behind, or if you dare stop playing for one week or two, you're f*cked, simple as that. 

Unless, of course, you pay a lot of NCoins for the current event and the exchange market. Maybe that's the real strategy behind this : losing 90% of the players but keeping 5% of huge farmers and 5% of people buying lots of NCoins to keep up. All the other people can leave, nobody cares. 

The cost of upgrading should be reduced to about 33% of what it currently is for each upgrade and the discount for premium on upgrade cost is a joke. The materials needed should be reduced to about 33% of what it currently is also. NCSoft is failing to think about some important things in a F2P MMO. Players come and go, new players join but I would think many new players will just uninstall when they find out how far behind they are from the start and how much time, effort, and gold will be required to even attempt to catch up. If a new player bought hundreds of gold, played 12 hours per day, it would still take them a long time to ever get caught up and by time they felt like they were catching up, they'd just see new content release and push them further behind.

The grind in MMOs is normal but it's so poorly done in this game. In a lot of MMOs, we can work the marketplace, find things to craft to sell for reliable profit, farm certain things to sell but in this game there are so many bots, prices on many things drop and the bulk of earned gold is from dailies which is pocket change when you look at the materials and gold you'll need for each and every upgrade on each item. The amount of materials and gold needed for each upgrade needs to be reduced a lot, not just a little but a lot. New players will quit when they see how much time will be required of them to progress just one character much less considering alts and existing players wanting to keep up or run alts will find the same problem.

This is no way to run a MMO and keep it well populated long term. The small percentage of people buying lots of Ncoin is no way to try to crutch a game on. I can't remember al the cost involved offhand but let's just say around siren or oathbreaker, you'll need let's just guess here... I'd say probably 50-75g per upgrade and let's say siren, 2 of those and well 4 including breakthroughs so guessing probably roughly near 200g then 5 accessories so unless you no life it and live on here, you could be weeks and weeks on just upgrading each piece of gear one time, not even including breakthroughs and this also isn't including fodder cost. So if the average person would take 3-4 weeks to upgrade each piece of gear 1 time, stage 1 through 5, then they'll be hit with new content and still behind on their main character which means don't even think about logging into an alt because it just isn't going to happen.

The materials needed and gold needed for each upgrade needs to be reduced a lot, seriously a lot or this game's population will eventually drop and new players experiencing this will not stay. I'm not being negative, I'm just saying how it is.

If they are going to keep the content pace for now, they could at least make upgrade costs for previous tier content's gear a little less (say going 2-3 tiers back) to ease the pain for people left behind.

Look at it this way, if you are leveling a single character (don't have help from a pre-established main) by the time you hit 45 through normal questing you probably have  profane or regular pirate weapon and inferno accessories. so they are basically ready for Poharan level stuff.  But no one stops at 45 to progress through  Poh, BSH/Tower, Lab properly for a month so they naturally level through to 50, usually ending up with true pirate and random non-hongmoon jewlery.

At this point they are at the endgame but probably only have  have ~350 attack, 34k life, and base line amount of defence/offensive stats. (About what all my alts ended up with).  To be blunt, that is not enough to do anything but get 2-shotted in any of the purple dungeons or SSP hence all the stupid AP requirements, ditching of groups, etc.

Content wise they are here----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\/

Done story to lvl 45 | PoH |  BSH | Lab/Tower | Blue lvl 50 dungeons | Purple lvl 50 dungeons | April 23rd Content

Gear-wise they are here /\ , 4 or 5 tiers behind where they should be.

So throw them a bone and make life for them and everyone else a little better. Make gear upgrade costs (particularly the gold and soulstone requirements) for up to the start of Lab/Tower cheaper so they can at least half-arse prepared for where they are. Maybe increase the hp on the silverfrost heroic soul shield peices so they end up with 42-44k hp to give them a little more survivability.  They wont have a free-ride to the end of the road, but at least the bridge over the gear gap is crossable at that point

I just want to throw in that i also was thinking about quitting the game when i was stuck on True profane ind infernal trinkets for about 2 weeks and didn't see how to get out of this depression, at that time you could get about 6 gold with daily quests and one transformation stone alone cost that much, i could barely beat Junghado with my blademaster at that point too.

Profane to Siren weapon upgrade cost like ~60-70g if you include the soul stones.

and since i could not craft my own Transformation stones because the recipe was completely overpriced at that point as well (~30-40g), this situation was totally depressing, 

I missed something. at wat point in time did the point of this game became a race...? why does it matter if you are "caught up" with the people paying to progress faster or play many hours a day? I dont get it lol.. When did the level of enjoyment of the game depend on how close you can dry hump the gear cap?

stop pretending this game is a race and just play it at your own pace already. whether the content comes out fast or slow doesnt really change how fast or slow you will take to gear up...  you will have the same rng, the same amount of hours to play etc etc.

1 hour ago, MooseWayne said:

Why exactly do you have to stay caught up? This game is still alive and kicking in other regions so that means they're still getting new players in. They're definitely not caught up to endgame content but it's not a problem to them. Take the game at your own pace instead of worrying that you won't get to do a new 4man dungeon the day it's released

If it's anything like my server all regions before silver frost are pretty much dead now so yes there is pressure to stay caught up and as someone who started a character half way through the Warlock event with only a few hours to play it's starting to feel like a struggle :)

I'm just glad I made it through then because good luck finding people for the 24 mans now... Plus the drop rate is abysmal. I'm lucky I got the emblems from the level event otherwise I'd be stuck and ready to give up.

i actually think it is a good thing that you have to play through all the game to progress your character, unless you run out of players and then don't find people to do low level dungeons anymore at some point, for example if you want to do Blackwyrm now, good luck finding people for it.

So what? Go with your own pace. Another post about crying over nothing. Do you know what is worst thing what can happen in MMORPGS? Player gets everything right away like wow and then theres nothing to do.

You guys should enjoy when you have things to do and reason to play. I've missed game like BnS where i did not get everything in 1-2 weeks and had something to look forward. Back in TBC i was never bored i had something to do now after that i've hardly ever felt that but now with BnS it feels like that again.

Also top of that you're always working gear that matters not just getting some random shits before you get to point where you start getting stuff that is important. Each stage is important which leads to legendary weapon. So enjoy the ride and take your time its not wasted time like many other MMORPGS

Also they need to push content faster than others. We're supposedly playing at WC 2016 which means we need new class + all HM skills and levels before that. Till those arrive we will get new patches at fast pace and then it slows down.

Just now, Hatsunya said:

So what? Go with your own pace. Another post about crying over nothing. Do you know what is worst thing what can happen in MMORPGS? Player gets everything right away like wow and then theres nothing to do.

You guys should enjoy when you have things to do and reason to play. I've missed game like BnS where i did not get everything in 1-2 weeks and had something to look forward. Back in TBC i was never bored i had something to do now after that i've hardly ever felt that but now with BnS it feels like that again.

Also top of that you're always working gear that matters not just getting some random shits before you get to point where you start getting stuff that is important. Each stage is important which leads to legendary weapon. So enjoy the ride and take your time its not wasted time like many other MMORPGS

Also they need to push content faster than others. We're supposedly playing at WC 2016 which means we need new class + all HM skills and levels before that. Till those arrive we will get new patches at fast pace and then it slows down.

Really glad to see so many people on the same page as me : ) I thought my post would be the only one like this lol. People care way to much about being at the gear cap and dont realize they can simply play the game and enjoy it at their own pace. Fast content release is not bad at all.

I'm a bit half and half on this....on one hand it is a players choice to try to hit every max. When you give less then 3 squirts, life is good. But that is just me so eh. You aren't forced to do this and that and there are plenty of people who don't from what I have seen. It's folks individual choice to go for it or say "*cricket* it i'm doing me"

But on the other hand the point of all this content is to absorb it and that is a lot to take in. Seems like piling more and more food before someone finishes the last plate. Even more so when the content will pretty much need the best of the best crud to do it. Or at least acceptable crud.

But still at the end of the day it comes down to a persons ability to just stop. This all is a personal issue being made against someone else. Folks feel the need to excel and keep going. Then again the content is behind a power wall that needs to be met in a shorter amount of time. 

Overall I think item requirements were a bit much to begin with.

I don't get this concept of "caught up"..

Caught up to who or what?? caught up to Korea?? caught up to people who no life it??

If you started the game today or a week ago, would you quit tomorrow because your not "caught up"??... I don't get it.

1 minute ago, WheepingSong said:

To all you guys saying you dont need to upgrade as fast as possible. 

Problem is: next patch will bring 6v6 pvp content. So if you want to compete normally and not be stomped on by other players 24/7 you will have to upgrade. 

Most likely have mmr in place so eventually youll be staying quite close to ppl with your gear and so on. Ofc thats only if mmr actually does what it supposedly do

Archived