Jump to content
Forums

Gem Hammers for Affected Players


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While it's a nice gesture for those who by the 27th have upgraded their weapons.  Everyone who has not done so by the 27th is basically screwed.    Now the 27th would be a good time, ha

LMAO,     4 Gem Hammers per affected character !  It cost 3 Gem Hammers PER socket at Profane, so which ever way you look at it, the players lose money.  I have seen players with all 4

We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ram

50 minutes ago, hawkulay said:

haha, this game is just a joke....u need to farm too much to got item and now u told us that u can lose the time u past to farm it....what a shame where is the pleasure ?

 Yes, but ..........you can buy them back with cash even if you already previously paid cash for them, and dont worry we stand firm with our promise we will not make this game pay to win :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

  • True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

 

Thank you again for your patience.

 

 

i won't be able to upgrade till then and i will lose the money i spent? you're not gonna get a single cent from me from now on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it just be easier to make it so once you hit Breeze weapon you get a survey to get 4 hammers free? Which basically just tells you "Congratulations for getting to Breeze?"

That would help those who get there later, and also those who get there now. Give out to everyone who is at breeze and put this in the 27th update so they don't loose out on buying hammers...

 

Not that complicated, really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kitah said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to make it so once you hit Breeze weapon you get a survey to get 4 hammers free? Which basically just tells you "Congratulations for getting to Breeze?"

That would help those who get there later, and also those who get there now. Give out to everyone who is at breeze and put this in the 27th update so they don't loose out on buying hammers...

 

Not that complicated, really.

they should be in daily dash and more available within the game from just playing like they are in other versions, instead of trying to nickle and dime every single part of the game to the point of it ruining the basic progression the game was originally designed to have, and then still saying its not pay to win

 

 Yeah, "technically" this game is pay for convenience, but that's  "technically".............but practically it is far from it and it gets further from it with every weeks maintenance and so called "bug's" that also happen to also create revenue while they are broken....... lol

 

Edited by orianthi
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2016 at 3:23 PM, Hatsunya said:

Seriously? We're getting free stuff and you're complaining. They could've decided not to do anything and say its how it is and live with it. Be happy that we get 4 hammers instead of 0. This is good news personally i dont really care who should care about few hammers. tho im not poor who cant afford new gem hammers

Free stuff?

Please make me understand how a person who used 5 hammers to get a gem slot before silverfrost update and then lost that particular slot in the silverfrost upgrade path is getting the hammers for free?

Because clearly, he/she lost something he/she paid for.

 

Moreover, NCSoft won't be compensating players like these properly. They would give 4 hammers, although, the player lost a slot that cost 5 hammers.

 

The only way someone would get it for free are the ones that got lucky and did not lose a slot.

 

So, please, maybe use your brain a bit before you jump in to speak in the favor of NCSoft on every thread.

On 4/14/2016 at 7:22 AM, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

  • True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

 

Thank you again for your patience.

 

 

So, why are you guys not giving back the amount of slots people lost, instead of giving them 4 gem hammers which will not help them get back the slot they lost?

 

For example, if someone lost 1 slot, instead of giving him/her 4 hammers, why not just give him/her the slot back?

 

Why 4 hammers? I mean why the specific number 4? Every one knows very well that 4 hammers won't give back the slot people lost. Why not 5 hammers?

 

I am sorry, but I can not help but feel that this is another cashgrab idea by exploiting human psychology. Give people 4 hammers and most of them, if not all, will be tempted to buy the last hammer, thus, generating a bit of revenue.

Because the 4 hammers you are providing did not cost anything, but for every 5th hammer people purchase to get back the slot they lost, you get money.

 

So, my question still stands - Why specifically 4 hammers and not 5 hammers? Or rather, why not just give back the slot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, orianthi said:

they should be in daily dash and more available within the game from just playing like they are in other versions, instead of trying to nickle and dime every single part of the game to the point of it ruining the basic progression the game was originally designed to have, and then still saying its not pay to win

 

 Yeah, "technically" this game is pay for convenience, but that's  "technically".............but practically it is far from it and it gets further from it with every weeks maintenance and so called "bug's" that also happen to also create revenue while they are broken....... lol

 

I agree with this. But bearing in mind I doubt they'd part with any money at all my suggestion is the least they could do so no one looses the hammers they rightfully purchased.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NN13 said:

Free stuff?

Please make me understand how a person who used 5 hammers to get a gem slot before silverfrost update and then lost that particular slot in the silverfrost upgrade path is getting the hammers for free?

Because clearly, he/she lost something he/she paid for.

 

Moreover, NCSoft won't be compensating players like these properly. They would give 4 hammers, although, the player lost a slot that cost 5 hammers.

 

The only way someone would get it for free are the ones that got lucky and did not lose a slot.

 

So, please, maybe use your brain a bit before you jump in to speak in the favor of NCSoft on every thread.

So, why are you guys not giving back the amount of slots people lost, instead of giving them 4 gem hammers which will not help them get back the slot they lost?

 

For example, if someone lost 1 slot, instead of giving him/her 4 hammers, why not just give him/her the slot back?

 

Why 4 hammers? I mean why the specific number 4? Every one knows very well that 4 hammers won't give back the slot people lost. Why not 5 hammers?

 

I am sorry, but I can not help but feel that this is another cashgrab idea by exploiting human psychology. Give people 4 hammers and most of them, if not all, will be tempted to buy the last hammer, thus, generating a bit of revenue.

Because the 4 hammers you are providing did not cost anything, but for every 5th hammer people purchase to get back the slot they lost, you get money.

 

So, my question still stands - Why specifically 4 hammers and not 5 hammers? Or rather, why not just give back the slot?

Because NC will make so still a bit of money out from it. You must at least buy 1 hammer! Or all 5 or more because you can loose more than 1 slot i heard!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get someone to answer why the *cricket* its good idea to only give back hammers to those who make 50 weapon (True breeze and similar)?!? How hard would it be to return to those who bought no matter what gear -.- This is bullshit! Giving back only to % of people why others can *cricket* off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DragonAlex said:

Because NC will make so still a bit of money out from it. You must at least buy 1 hammer! Or all 5 or more because you can loose more than 1 slot i heard!

Yes, that is exactly what I said in my post as well. You are right. Even I can not help but think that they are trying to exploit human psychology. Give people 4 hammers and most of them, if not all, will be tempted to buy the 5th one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lesson to be learned from NCWest Offices is that you CANNOT TRUST THEM. Anything in NA becomes all about the dollars they can carve... 

If OP was not some official from West offices I'd say you all have been trolled hard.

Sad thing about it... is all true

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hammers, with a time restriction? *cricket*ing joke. Doesn't even cover the hammers used, much less the gold - and we have to wait weeks for it. You literally stole from us on this one.

 

Seriously, boo this man. Get off the stage. Bad show.

 

So what else in the store are you planning to steal from us later? We going to find out costumes disappear when we hit HM10?

Edited by Lurkios
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hammers is lame,  I appreciate that this is a difficult thing to fix due to time constraints but as someone who lost 2 of 4 slots I can tell you that 4 hammers kind of just makes me angry. These things are like 8g in game atm btw, at least lift the 5 hammers per day purchase limit (for a 2 week patch or something) so the price will fall in game on these. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2016 at 9:52 PM, AveryCloseCall said:

 who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

Are you serious? Some people are struggling to finish their siren/pirate gear that they put so much time into, they aren't going to dump it to move to the new weapon path. This is NOT acceptable. If you can "pull" the accounts that used gem hammers AND upgraded to the new path, then you can just pull the users that used gem hammers, and just refund the gem hammers used period. You need not add extra strings because you want to rush players into rushing into something they have worked hard for all along.

 

Also aside from saying you will be giving hammer to the select few that choose to rush to the new upgrade path, it makes it sound like you are forcing that upgrade pth onto all on the 27th and removing the option to continue to work on siren/pirate paths?

 

Look it is simple, this is NA, not Asia, so refund the gem hammers used with no strings attached, and don't pull a "bait and switch" (legal term for illegal activity this gem slot thing falls under in USA [to my understanding with the past things Sony has gone through legally with their MMOs]). It really is that simple, jsut refund everyone their gem hammers since that is what was lost because some new fangled mechanic being "introduced" that was never warned about due to poor translation.

 

Step 1. "pull" accounts that used gem hammers

Step 2. refund those gem hammers

Step 3. watch PR get filled with "Thank you letters" for doing the right and simple thing

Step 4. Maybe win back some customers you lost in the process and some trust from ALL of your players in NA/EU.

Edited by Shadzar
looking for reference on term i used, but couldnt find it after all searching.
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KatHead said:

I appreciate that this is a difficult thing to fix due to time constraints [...]

No... no it's not. It would have been easy to avoid, it would be easy to fix. It has nothing to do with difficulty or time constraints, it has everything to do with greed.

 

Potential fixes (in order of viability):

1. For affected players, refund the exact number of hammers used, plus the gold.

2. Don't re-roll gem slots.

3. Replace the gem slots for affected players.

4. Re-roll between 4 and 6 gem slots.

5. Send out a new +1 or +2 gem slot item to affected players.

6. Send all affected players 45 gold and lift the buy restriction for a few weeks.

 

This isn't any sort of viable income, this is theft. NC has stolen from us. They sold us an item, and then they took it away. Pure and simple thievery. There is absolutely no excuse, and there is absolutely no viable action on NCs part aside from an apology and an immediate restoration of ALL stolen items.

Edited by Lurkios
Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely want more than 4 gem hammers! look at this bullshit. I just upgraded from True Pirate to True Breeze... and i got 1 fking slot left out of 4 slots...

Edit: Means i have to get 6 hammers to get to where i was with true Pirate weapon. This is just plain stupid.

 

Screenshot_160420_000.jpg467qr9ucf

Edited by MinaTakashi
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Step 1. "pull" accounts that used gem hammers

Step 2. refund those gem hammers

Step 3. watch PR get filled with "Thank you letters" for doing the right and simple thing

Step 4. Maybe win back some customers you lost in the process and some trust from ALL of your players in NA/EU.

Edited 15 hours ago by Shadzar 
looking for reference on term i used, but couldnt find it after all searching.

"Market manipulation is a deliberate attempt to interfere with the free and fair operation of the market and create artificial, false or misleading appearances with respect to the price of, or market for, a security, commodity or currency." wikipedia. Which is illegal in most countries. It can also be treated as a type of "market spoofing" (finance)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gashanatantr said:

"Market manipulation is a deliberate attempt to interfere with the free and fair operation of the market and create artificial, false or misleading appearances with respect to the price of, or market for, a security, commodity or currency." wikipedia. Which is illegal in most countries. It can also be treated as a type of "market spoofing" (finance)

Yes but that's just a game so they can troll us how they want....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MinaTakashi said:

I definitely want more than 4 gem hammers! look at this bullshit. I just upgraded from True Pirate to True Breeze... and i got 1 fking slot left out of 4 slots...

Edit: Means i have to get 6 hammers to get to where i was with true Pirate weapon. This is just plain stupid.

 

Screenshot_160420_000.jpg467qr9ucf

LMFAO. Sorry, not laughing at your situation...I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of the "randomization" of gem slots after inevitable and necessary upgrades. This picture showing all but one gem slot being an unfortunate case of "randomization" really highlights the absurdity of the gem slot situation. What's even more infuriating from this picture is that it alone is enough to be a caricature of NCSOFT's business model. 

 

If you really think about it, the gem hammer handouts is just ncsoft pulling out and inserting itself through the backdoor for round 2. Hmm, not only are we going to take away the slot/hammers you bought before it disappeared, but now we're going to pretend like we're compensating by giving out 4 gem hammers when in reality we want you to upgrade to true breeze so you lose all your gem slots and will be forced to buy even more gem hammers. LMFAO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that random slot stuff is really bullshit, especially when you think about it, you get two slots when you first get you hongmoon weapon, you get another slot when you upgrade to blight weapon. after that you don't gain any more slots if you don't buy gem hammers. However, i did loose not just 1 slot i lost all my slots except for the first one, which makes my weapon basicly a higher AP hongmoon beginner weapon. I mean seriously, that randomization is also taking away slots that were already unlocked by the game itself in past upgrades? Which stupid moron of a developer did think about this option? That guy should be instantly fired and requested to refund his already paid loan.

 

From the solutions that i read so far i can agree with the randomization being made between slot 4 and 6. So if you upgrade you would either gain slots, which would be nice or you just loose that one slot and not like me loosing every single freaking slot. Also for the refund of the gem hammers, honestly i partially agree to the past mentioned solutions. Refund the gem hammers to those that paid real money for it aka those who bought the gem hammers for Ncoins. Everyone that got those hammers through ingame marketplace paying gold did not loose that much. Paying real money for it and now loosing that money is just worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Liinxy locked this topic
  • Liinxy unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...