Gem Hammers for Affected Players

AveryCloseCall

I dont really mind if we not getting gem hammer free or not.

My problem here is simple:

- There was Gem hammer in the NC store at launch and was there, now since this patch, GEm hammer gone from ncstore and legendary one are there.

Not everyone out there has legendary weapon READY.

So please can We have an explanation why no more gem hammer in the store.

and have it back there? the RNG to get it from the reward chest of some dungeons is insanely LOW.

and I refuse to buy gem hammer in Market at 5 gold, while There used to be one in NC store.

So please can we have it back, for our silverfrost path

thank you

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cipro said:

I dont really mind if we not getting gem hammer free or not.

My problem here is simple:

- There was Gem hammer in the NC store at launch and was there, now since this patch, GEm hammer gone from ncstore and legendary one are there.

Not everyone out there has legendary weapon READY.

So please can We have an explanation why no more gem hammer in the store.

and have it back there? the RNG to get it from the reward chest of some dungeons is insanely LOW.

and I refuse to buy gem hammer in Market at 5 gold, while There used to be one in NC store.

So please can we have it back, for our silverfrost path

thank you

Erm, are you high on something or drunk?

I have just checked ingame and Normal Gem hammers is still on the ingame store.

4 hours ago, Bardo said:

Erm, are you high on something or drunk?

I have just checked ingame and Normal Gem hammers is still on the ingame store.

let me check once again, cause i checked it twice this morning and didnt see any... just saw legendary one...

EU server

On 4/14/2016 at 6:52 PM, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

Thank you again for your patience.

upgrading is a *cricket*...it cost a arm and leg just to upgrade one item let alone 4-5 pieces. also its hard to make any xtra money cause 95% of the item we find are non tradable or sell. game and graphic is great but the economy is fk up. you guys need to make material for upgrading and other stuff more easier to obtain to balance out the economy. and do something about these non tradeable crap..not only does it takes up space in our inventory and storage but we can't make any money of of them..

Quick question, is the amount of gem hammers needed to unlock 4th socket going to be changed from 5 to 3? What will happen to people like me who already got the 4th socket with 5 gem hammers? No refund of 2 gem hammers?

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone, we have another development to share with you.

It took a lot of work, but the process of upgrading non-Legendary weapons should soon be made much simpler and more fair. Your feedback has been a crucial part of getting these changes prioritized, so thank you very much for your input.

Apologies for being silent so long; weapon Upgrades and Gem Sockets touch a lot of different game systems, and it took some time to confirm we'll be able to accomplish them. It's my hope that, with your help and understanding, we can continue to make Blade & Soul a game you both love to play and are proud to support.

Please take a look at this article for more details and answers to some of your questions... and thank you again.

Weapon Path & Gem Hammer Changes

• NCSOFT
22 minutes ago, DreamPhreak said:

Quick question, is the amount of gem hammers needed to unlock 4th socket going to be changed from 5 to 3? What will happen to people like me who already got the 4th socket with 5 gem hammers? No refund of 2 gem hammers?

The number of Gem Hammers to unlock Gem Socket 4 on non-Legendary weapons will change to 3, regardless of what stage that weapon is. We can't refund old Hammers used, but we can make it better moving forward.

• NCSOFT
4 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

why cant i give rep for a mod post DX

its a quick and easy way to say thanks for the post but it cant be done!  Facedesk

Seeing a positive response like this is even better! ^_^

1 hour ago, AveryCloseCall said:

The number of Gem Hammers to unlock Gem Socket 4 on non-Legendary weapons will change to 3, regardless of what stage that weapon is. We can't refund old Hammers used, but we can make it better moving forward.

So, in my case that unlocked my gem slots on my true breeze weapon from the third to the fifth slot what? I have spend 11 gem hammer aka 55gold, I don't need the refund of the gem hammer since price gonna drop now, I want my gold back, yeah sound selfish and I know you are trying to improve the user experience but this was a robbery to all those players that used ncoin to buy they gem hammers again since drop rate of this things from boxes is like 0.00000001%

I hadn't read this thread until now, and was very surprised to see that when I upgraded my True Pirate weapon with 4 gem slots yesterday, it turned into a True Breeze with 2 gem slots. Especially because I didn't know about upgrading gem slots early on, so I spent a considerable amount of hammers, bought with NCoin on these slots.

Honestly, you can't sell people digital goods and then just take them away again without prior warning. There was no indication anywhere, that if I bought and paid for an extra socket, it would suddenly disappear in a later update. That's fraud, pure and simple.

The result of your practice is that I am now a lot less likely to spend money on any item in the game, as I don't trust that NCSoft won't just take it away again without re-imbursing me. NCSoft needs to fully re-imburse all players affected by this, hammer for hammer, and make it so that if you upgraded your weapon prior to you announcing this mechanic, those sockets are now holy and cannot be removed in any future weapon upgrade.

Finally some thing been done or at least has been said will be done in the future,  only took over a month, although many players still lost real money over this issue and it still does not resolve the real cause of the issue in the first place, the lack of available Gem Hammers within the game,, just from playing, like there are in other versions.

There was no need to change our game with altering the amount of Gem Hammers required if the availability issue had be corrected to how it was designed to work and does work in other versions, but I guess they still want to keep the Hammers primarily in the cash shop.

Anyways 8 hour maintenance to look forward to now, I hope there are some noticeable changes on the positive side this time

So, the ppl who has upgraded from true pirate to true breeze "after" the last patch we gonna got a refound x4 Gemm hammers or not? im being patience with this thing, but in dont know what the staff are going to do for us.

43 minutes ago, Evero said:

So, the ppl who has upgraded from true pirate to true breeze "after" the last patch we gonna got a refound x4 Gemm hammers or not? im being patience with this thing, but in dont know what the staff are going to do for us.

To be eligible for the 4 x Gem Hammers refund you have to have purchased Gem hammers and used them on a weapon and then either upgraded to Oathbreaker from Profane OR to True Breeze from True Pirate BEFORE 27th April patch.

I'm aware about hammer issue, i upgraded my weapon to breeze the same day with another guy from my legion, we both had 4 slots unlocked, i lost 2 slots, he lost 1 slot, what a creative living bug :O

Archived