Gem Hammers for Affected Players

AveryCloseCall

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

Thank you again for your patience.

this is not HELPING all of us.........

what about us the NOOB free players..........

i will not reach silverforst upgrades on my main + 2 alts i don't pay to progress......

i paid sweat and blood in all my 3 alts unlocking 4 slots for each.. gem hammers are not CHEAP for me.. and money don't Grow on trees.

so by the time i reach silverfrost upgrade it will be way long time for me... i alrdy unlocked for all my 3 alts 4 gem slots and u wanna tell me that i will lose THEM?

this is not fair you should pull all the 4 slot wepons that are not upgraded to silverforst....... that means Profain/Siren/and Pirate should be LISTED TOOO

why u wanna punish us the free players every person on the new silverforst upgrade(breez) is a cash player well most of them so your turning a blind eye ON US FREE PLAYERS?

I had to log in just to say this:

I love BnS - I want to play it for a long time, and I invest money into games I like too. It pains me to see this type of greed from ncsoft. People like your game..they will spend money - but if you keep screwing us over like this people are gonna leave.

I paid for my 4th socket. I probably wont get to breeze before the 27th though. So i'm screwed. I won't get anything back and i'll have to buy those again. While others get at least a little something back - this isn't fair at all. This makes me so pissed off! 

You need to sort out a better resolution to this problem. One of the following would work:

1. don't have a stupid cut off point for getting hammers back. Give a more fair timescale.

2. make it so the upgrade doesn't remove sockets! this probably is the most fair solution?!

3. ok so you cant do either of the above? ok well...make hammers more available in game then! I have literally had one drop from a box the entire time i've played. Make them more easily available - even if it for a limited period? say until the 27th like your cut off point for upgrades...then at least the people who dont make the cut off point will have a chance to earn their own hammers up until that time and if they havent managed to upgrade at least they had a period where they were able to get some in game and therefore can save them for when they can use them.

it's not hard to look after your players. I think you will find if you do so a little more...people spend more on your game. And stick around. Showing this type of greed only serves to have players around for a short while till they feel wronged and leave - telling friends to steer clear too....if you treat players right, they not only stay, but they encourage friends to play too...it's simple really. You look after us, we look after you.

We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

That is just absolute rubbish..........This system as been around for a long long time in Asian versions of the game........you know... the original version too.........which you state you are 'copying off'  but it works just fine there because of one simple thing..Gem Hammers are widely available in the game. just from playing the game.

The issue we have and we are always going to have is the FACT your strategy is to try and keep Gem Hammers near enough exclusive to the cash shop, THAT is the big flaw in our version and fixing that flaw is the only positive option and if you stay true to your statement would make our game the same as the others.

2 minutes ago, orianthi said:

The issue we have and we are always going to have is the FACT your strategy is to try and keep Gem Hammers near enough exclusive to the cash shop, THAT is the big flaw in our version and fixing that flaw is the only positive option and if you stay true to your statement would make our game the same as the others.

that's why it is pay to win.

gem hammers are nearly non existent by just playing the game, but maybe it is intended that you play years before you can unlock one or two sockets, but in that case a gem hammer should not be that cheap in the store.

15 minutes ago, DragonAlex said:

So as i understand now you can loose even more than one slot. Is it rly random? And is this luckgame from now on on each new weapon upgrade? 

copied from a reddit post a few weeks ago:

My True Breeze weapon when I had just upgraded it

It took 21 gem hammers (2.3g each on market) and ~6 gold to unlock all the slots. I previously had all slots unlocked on my True Pirate weapon.

It only happens 'currently' at these Evolve stages and only once in the silverfrost patch.......next big update..........who knows

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

18 hours ago, Hatsunya said:

Seriously? We're getting free stuff and you're complaining. They could've decided not to do anything and say its how it is and live with it. Be happy that we get 4 hammers instead of 0. This is good news personally i dont really care who should care about few hammers. tho im not poor who cant afford new gem hammers

Ah... thats kind of like being thankful they will only beat me 5 days a week instead of 7.  I should be greatful because they stop abusing me for 2?

I don't think that they will rethink their decision ... in some weeks the ppl will just buy the hammers because there is no other way and they made their money ...

Is it easier to get those hammers in Korea etc? Or are they having the same problem?

You have got to remember this weapon system as been live in Asian versions for a very long time, it is not new over there,  when I played on CN (4 years) I never paid for Gem Hammers,they dropped from random dungeon box's at all levels, quite regularly too , also from daily dash and also guaranteed from a daily quest, they were very common in game, my main character on CN servers has over 150 Hammers in its bank, so yeah, the availability was very different, Even if they recently changed their own system to how ours is there would be no problems as there is already a large abundance of gem hammers already in the game and all players have stocks.

You 'could' also buy them in the cash shop on CN, but on CN servers you can buy just about everything in the shop, but you dont need to, just playing the game will get you most materials and supplies you need to progress through the game without having to wait and hope for luck for certain drops. Not like here, were things like hammers, pirate emblems, siren emblems etc and many other items you will require in large quantities just to progress 'normally' are slowly but surely 'disappearing' in game and appearing in the cash shop, yes....ok, some of these do still drop in game, but not anywhere near the quantities you need to progress, 

Alot always claim CN servers were heavy pay to win, but our version takes a whole new approach to the 'normal ' game progression

11 minutes ago, orianthi said:

You have got to remember this weapon system as been live in Asian versions for a very long time, it is not new over there,  when I played on CN (4 years) I never paid for Gem Hammers,they dropped from random dungeon box's at all levels, quite regularly too , also from daily dash and also guaranteed from a daily quest, they were very common in game, my main character on CN servers has over 150 Hammers in its bank, so yeah, the availability was very different,

You 'could' also buy them in the cash shop on CN, but on CN servers you can buy just about everything in the shop, but you dont need to, just playing the game will get you most materials and supplies you need to progress through the game without having to wait and hope for luck for certain drops. Not like here, were things like hammers, pirate emblems, siren emblems etc and many other items you will require in large quantities just to progress 'normally' are slowly but surely 'disappearing' in game and appearing in the cash shop, yes....ok, some of these do still drop in game, but not anywhere near the quantities you need to progress, 

Alot always claim CN servers were heavy pay to win, but our version takes a whole new approach to the 'normal ' game progression

if hammers were this commen here people would not even mention the problem i think.

I played AION and Wildstar and i am fascinated how they always manage to ruin their game for NA and Eu players, i really thought they have learned from previous published titles.

So based on the in game  economy as of today it cost a player 1000-1200 Gold to get from true pirate to True breeze ....so you have 11 days now to make 100g a day and hope prices don't  on any items needed to get to true breeze before then or you wont make it.

My problem with the loosing of gem sockets is people paid real money for gem hammers to open sockets and the game can take them away, this to me is the same as stealing and I think this is the 4 gem hammers being offered are a total slap in the face.

I like many other put off upgrading our weapons hoping that this would be resolved before we went to true breeze because we don't like having out money stolen. I myself have been focusing on crafting, accessories, my soul and soul shield fusion and spent a lot of in game gold doing so only to be given 10-12 days notice that i have to find 1000-1200 gold to get back 4 gem hammers if i loose sockets. 

Basically you are stealing people money as gem hammers drop so rarely in game the only way to get hold of them is via the cash shop.  

2 hours ago, Arohk said:

I played AION and Wildstar and i am fascinated how they always manage to ruin their game for NA and Eu players, i really thought they have learned from previous published titles.

It is the same with EVERY great korean game that gets brought over to the west and 'westernised' I could list at least 20 titles that were huge and still are in Asia but died within months in the west all because of the business model changes to the original game.

It was discussed alot years ago when news first spread that BnS was coming to the west everybody was concerned about who would be publishing it and how they change it to suite their own business agenda, When it was announced NC them selves were going to publish it there was a huge sigh of relief from old Asian server players as they thought the game would be kept as near to original as possible, instead of being in the hands of some independant money grabbing publisher, but...how things have changed.............

2 hours ago, OuchThatHurt said:

So based on the in game  economy as of today it cost a player 1000-1200 Gold to get from true pirate to True breeze ....so you have 11 days now to make 100g a day and hope prices don't  on any items needed to get to true breeze before then or you wont make it.

I dont see the 'panic' or rush to upgrade, after all, you 'might' not lose any sockets, but you could lose 3, its RNG,  and no matter what happens if you upgrade before 27th you will only receive 4 Gem hammers free which will not unlock 1 slot........so.............why bother.

I like NC's  statements to make everything look like they are doing the players a 'favor' when it is in fact the opposite.  right now upgrade mats and the evolve process from True Pirate to Breeze is very expensive and no doubt in a months time when the economy calms down it will cost half the amount, so this recent statement is only there as a huge gold sink and to promote more Ncoin sales etc, it is not anywhere near any compensation or help for players who paid for Gem Hammers with real cash, which it should have been, after all this issue is  yet another huge mistake by NC themselves NOT the players, but the players are and will pay for it.

Like I previously posted the problem in our version is caused by the fact that NC are near enough making Gem Hammers availability exclusive to the cash shop, this is the issue and this is what makes this not work,  the only solution to this issue is to make the availability the same as other versions, were this system works fine and as never had any issues, 

47 minutes ago, orianthi said:

You have got to remember this weapon system as been live in Asian versions for a very long time, it is not new over there,  when I played on CN (4 years) I never paid for Gem Hammers,they dropped from random dungeon box's at all levels, quite regularly too , also from daily dash and also guaranteed from a daily quest, they were very common in game, my main character on CN servers has over 150 Hammers in its bank, so yeah, the availability was very different, Even if they recently changed their own system to how ours is there would be no problems as there is already a large abundance of gem hammers already in the game and all players have stocks.

now I'm kind of depressed ... but thanks for the Information ^^

What to say people, you've been screwed. I hope you've learned something from this and won't be reaching into your wallets next time when you hear anything has come from NCSoft. I certainly will do a thorough investigation before donating a single cent to this company.

52 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

I wonder if people will do a charge back or raise paypal disputes because NCWest stole from them? 

Well, the problem we have as consumers/customers is even though NC are very clearly in the wrong, maybe not right now but at the time of the patch and the pre patch misleading information given followed by the lack of promised follow up info they were, players dont not want to lose their accounts, as NC are perfectly within their rights to refuse their services to anybody and at any time, so with this in mind, players are upset , they know they been done wrong to and know NC are at fault, but they want to keep their accounts, so NC wil get away with it , yet again.

And more than likely these posts will get removed,  1, because they know it is true,  and 2. because they dont want new players to see any issues.

17 hours ago, orianthi said:

It is the same with EVERY great korean game that gets brought over to the west and 'westernised' I could list at least 20 titles that were huge and still are in Asia but died within months in the west all changes to the original game.

It was discussed alot years ago when news first spread that BnS was coming to the west everybody was concerned about who would be publishing it and how they change it to suite their own business agenda, When it was announced NC them selves were going to publish it there was a huge sigh of relief from old Asian server players as they thought the game would be kept as near to original as possible, instead of being in the hands of some independant money grabbing publisher, but...how things have changed.............

I honestly cant think of a single Western publisher that I havent seen pull this garbage on their playerbase. The fact they're even riddled with incorrect pre-patch information despite the patch already being live elsewhere ... its pathetic and so disturbingly commonplace. As a player you always have this fantasy that the staff actually plays the game and has some interest in it but often they dont know anything about the classes, quests, or items which is clear in this case by NCSOFTs decision to grant 4 hammers when a single slot requires 5.

People talk about the difference between FTP and Subscription models and imho its this garbage.

Archived