Forums

Gem Hammers for Affected Players

AveryCloseCall

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, werety said:

Upgraded to breeze way before the first April 27th gem hammer batch.

Lost 2 slots (4->2) and then unlocked them, plus one more slot to a total of 5 slots.
Opened a ticket after not receiving any yesterday and support just says "I'm not eligible for the hammers"?

Same here.  Support just straight up told me that I'm not eligible, even though I upgraded to the breeze weapon before May 11th, and lost gem sockets.

17 hours ago, Hime said:

If you were supposed to receive Gem Hammers for your weapons that you upgraded before the May 11 maintenance and did not receive the Gem Hammers, please submit a ticket. Our Support team can review and deliver the hammers if need be.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/

[removed: please do not post private conversations on the forums]

I upgraded after April 27th but before May 11th. Looking at the replies here your list is borked. 

• NCSOFT
20 hours ago, Neveroutgunned said:

I upgraded after April 27th but before May 11th. Looking at the replies here your list is borked. 

On 5/12/2016 at 4:50 PM, calvinguy said:

Same here.  Support just straight up told me that I'm not eligible, even though I upgraded to the breeze weapon before May 11th, and lost gem sockets.

To be clear, you unlocked the your weapon's gem sockets with Gem Hammers? We're happy to look into this further so please provide the character name and server that has the upgraded weapon.

It's not only this, I lost two sockets and got compensated with only 4 Hammers. In order to get back my 4 sockets I would need at least 5 Gem Hammers. So I contacted Support and they told me straight away that every player got the same compensation regardles if he/she lost 1 or 2 sockets. They knew this beforehand and did not tell us to wait until 11 May for the weapon's upgrade. In fact, they even encouraged us tu upgrade.

If you’re in the process of upgrading your weapon to the Silverfrost Mountains path, please feel free to go ahead and do so.

Nobody would have upgraded their weapon before May 11 if they had known that they might be in a disadvantage afterwards. This was done deliberately by NCSoft.

My Subscription is cancelled.

10 hours ago, Hime said:

To be clear, you unlocked the your weapon's gem sockets with Gem Hammers? We're happy to look into this further so please provide the character name and server that has the upgraded weapon.

This happened to me, character name werety, a blade dancer in Windrest.

On 2016/5/14 at 8:09 PM, Hime said:

On 2016/5/12 at 3:59 AM, werety said:

Upgraded to breeze way before the first April 27th gem hammer batch.

Lost 2 slots (4->2) and then unlocked them, plus one more slot to a total of 5 slots.
Opened a ticket after not receiving any yesterday and support just says "I'm not eligible for the hammers"?

This is what happened to me too I upgraded way before April 27th, the first time I submitted a ticket they told me to wait so I waited till the second distribution, still never got my compensation, then I submitted another ticket and they said I'm not eligible.. Character name is Chiyuki from NA Iksanun

• 2 weeks later...

It seems if you got lucky with the slots and didn't need to use a hammer, you are out of luck.

How it supposedly works now.

1) you get slots rolled at first weapon quest.

2) using gem hammers at low level is 1 per slot, and it's recommended you do so.

3) each gem hammer used on a pre oathbreaker weapon increases minimum slots for roll on silverfrost path upgrade by 1. so if you had 3 slots, and bought a fourth, you could get anywhere from 2 to 6.

4) if you got 4 slots, there's no way to protect them at all. so lucky now means unlucky later.

This means 1 slot starting weapons are best (fortunately they are most common)t, because you can add 3 perm slots, and if you actually got a 3 or 4 slot one you should buy a 1 slot and gem hammer it so it stays at 4 or higher If you somehow got a four slot weapon, you could lose three of them later and no way to prevent it at all.

just in case anyone did not create a new character recently, ALL weapons now have 1 gem slot from the beginning until you unlock the slots with hammers....my Sin still had 3 slots on profane , my summoner is stuck with 1 gem slot since the first hongmoon weapon and never got another opened.

• Liinxy locked this topic
  • Liinxy unpinned this topic

Archived