Forums

Gem Hammers for Affected Players

AveryCloseCall

• NCSOFT

**UPDATE** Please see HERE for updated information

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

Thank you again for your patience.

• Liinxy pinned this topic
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are only getting 4? that sucks because i used like 9 to get my true breeze i just made today equal to my  true pirate i had. So you are saying if i evolve into awakened scorpion it wont get rid of all my gems slots? Still 4 is better then nothing thank you for taking your time and explaining to us what happen/

While it's a nice gesture for those who by the 27th have upgraded their weapons. 

Everyone who has not done so by the 27th is basically screwed. 

Now the 27th would be a good time, had content not been shoved so quickly in the 1st place. Though with the amount of content many of the playerbase does not and probably will not have their weapons upgraded to get compensation from NCsoft. 

Gem Hammers being clarified on their description is a nice thing, and a good step. However all who had already purchased gem hammers should be compensated. not just those which have had the time to "upgrade" their weapons and lose the sockets. Especially since those who haven't upgraded, once they do will still lose their gem sockets. (Just they will get nothing to compensate, and many had socketed gem slots prior to the gem hammer description being updated.)

As for ramifications to other regions, do you mind me asking what they would be? If changing for the NA/EU version, what would be the downside for TW/KR, ect...? It would not effect them, as it would not be in their version. (Just as They have many things which are Free of charge, which NA/EU have to pay for.)

As for "Gem slot rerolling" being confusing, it is not confusing at all. It was completely unknown for the NA/EU, and had it been known at the start, many wouldn't have wasted their money buying gem hammers. They would have waited. 

So you basicly tell me, that I wont get anything back ....

I bought the Hammers weeks ago, as you told us that the new Silverfrost Update will take quite a while until release...

2 days later u released Silverfrost .... the worst addon I ever saw in almost 2 centurys of gaming history from the viewpoint of the performence and optimazions.

This keeps me from playing my Main Char with true Sirens weapon cause I cant finish great harvest story instance until this moment, cause my game always shut down/crash/dc after the cannons are destroyed ... without any help from support. except this conditions, even if I could play I had to farm/grind tons of stuff in a very very shot time to get my weapon to that state before April 27th, and this is what almost every usual/casual player wont be able in that time.

So you force us cause the pressure of time to spend even more real money to reach that milestone in time ... So hey I realy take my hat off to that "artful trick" There are a lot player out there, already buying a new set of hammers cause you just took so lang for any statemant from your side, and now you fool the playbase with "the complexity about bad luck" while upgrading ... If a bird from above poops at my shoulder THAT IS BAD LUCK. But definitly not this sort of "smart" programming and marketing ...

The new description for the hammers is even a slap in all our faces cause you were already KNOWING THIS long before.

2 hours ago, Mishi said:

-snip-

I got this problem pretty much. Max I can get in this time is True pirate due to having school and final exams soon. I cant no life rn to get to breeze just to recover the gem hammers that I spent money on :/ Hopefully they will consider doing something about this for the rest of us too.

6 hours ago, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much for your patience while we’ve finalized a plan and confirmed how we’ll execute it. The weapon and Gem Socket systems are pretty complex due to the variety of points at which players can transition to the Silverfrost weapon path and variety of different Gem Hammer prices depending on socket number, weapon stage, and weapon type. After looking at a lot of complicated alternatives, we’ve come up with a plan to help make players feel better about potential bad luck when upgrading.

You can choose one of three points that randomizes your Gem Sockets. Because of the various paths you can choose from our weapons progression guide, the randomization of your Gem Sockets will only occur once during the Silverfrost weapon path.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • True Siren > True Oathbreaker
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

With the planned maintenance downtime on April 27th we will be performing a one-time data pull of all characters who have used Gem Hammers and have already upgraded to the new Silverfrost weapons by that time. Within the next week, we will be granting four Gem Hammers for each character on that list. We realize that not every character will have time to upgrade by that point, but feel April 27th is a reasonable compromise that gives time to reach the new weapon path without delaying too much longer.

We recognize Gem Slots being rerolled is confusing, and for that reason we’ve already updated the descriptions of Gem Hammers to help clarify. We’re also working with the development team to see what overall improvements can be made to this system to make it more intuitive, and as you can imagine that is a complex challenge with possible ramifications to other regions. For that reason, we can’t yet describe or promise any changes, but we are working on it with your feedback.

Thank you again for your patience.

So all who are now on Awakend Pirate and can't get to True Breeze till 27. April are doomed and get nothing?

Thats a big amount on Money and Mats to True Pirate and from this Point to True Breeze. 

You just want to troll us again! ;(

Why not just change the system and prevent the weapon upgrading from taking away our gem slots? ._. I don't think i will manage to get True Pirate and True Breeze in few weeks and after that if there is a chance to lose my gem slots I am not sure if I even want to upgrade.

6 hours ago, Kuronee said:

We are only getting 4? that sucks because i used like 9 to get my true breeze i just made today equal to my  true pirate i had. So you are saying if i evolve into awakened scorpion it wont get rid of all my gems slots? Still 4 is better then nothing thank you for taking your time and explaining to us what happen/

Seriously? We're getting free stuff and you're complaining. They could've decided not to do anything and say its how it is and live with it. Be happy that we get 4 hammers instead of 0. This is good news personally i dont really care who should care about few hammers. tho im not poor who cant afford new gem hammers

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

Why not just change the system and prevent the weapon upgrading from taking away our gem slots? ._.

Thats called foreward looking marketing. Now they changed the hammer description so if u are one of those unpatient players you need to pay twice.

Just now, Hatsunya said:

Seriously? We're getting free stuff and you're complaining. They could've decided not to do anything and say its how it is and live with it. Be happy that we get 4 hammers instead of 0. This is good news personally i dont really care who should care about few hammers. tho im not poor who cant afford new gem hammers

we are getting something for FREE ??? you serious ? we already PAID this stuff and we lost them cause the info politics ....

1 minute ago, Hatsunya said:

Most of Playerbase get ZERO so dont play Fan-Boy from NCsoft here or are you on a Fake-Account and in real a NC employee? ;(

7 minutes ago, DragonAlex said:

Most of Playerbase get ZERO so dont play Fan-Boy from NCsoft here or are you on a Fake-Account and in real a NC employee? ;(

I dont care what ever they give gem hammers or not. Also im not fan of Ncsoft more like one of the worst game companies i've ever seen but i dont see point of complaining about every little thing. 

11 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

yeah congrats to you for 1. getting the hammers because a lot of ppl will not get them and 2. for having a lot of gold

The ppl who don't get the hammers are the ones who are to slow because they don't have the gold to upgrade that fast. (and time)

So they have to pay twice for not having a lot of gold ....

yeah totally fair

6 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

i dont see point of complaining about every little thing

First of all it is not a littly thing, just imagin how many ppl are playing bns and how many of them already paid for those hammers cash. now u see how much money they made just with this "little thing"  and second is, if no one is complaining about anything nothing will change, or did u realy think that they would gave us just a single hammer (or anything else) back or would fix any problems/bugs if no one would ever complain ?

Just now, Latarius said:

First of all it is not a littly thing, just imagin how many ppl are playing bns and how many of them already paid for those hammers cash. now u see how much money they made just with this "little thing"  and second is, if no one is complaining about anything nothing will change, or did u realy think that they would gave us just a single hammer (or anything else) back or would fix any problems/bugs if no one would ever complain ?

Actuall its small fraction what players are paying for their gear. Gem hammers is smallest problem.

Lets look at other mmorpg games where player gets new item they need to do new enchants buy new gems and other stuff before they can use that item which can literally means hundreds of golds before item is usable. Now paying 10-20gs for new slots oh bohoo so big problem.-

Loosing few gem hammers is no big deal at all.

First you guys complained about randomized gem slots in new paths now that they give us hammers and change how it works and other stuff you guys start complaining about we dont get enough back bohoo.

Seriously.. There is no limit how much BnS community can cry. When earth runs out of water we can just put you guys to pool and let the tears fill it so humanity can drink tears of BnS community. Its really ridiculous how much this community complains and cries over everything how about tune it down and play the game more fun that way

29 minutes ago, Elmala said:

yeah congrats to you for 1. getting the hammers because a lot of ppl will not get them and 2. for having a lot of gold

The ppl who don't get the hammers are the ones who are to slow because they don't have the gold to upgrade that fast. (and time)

So they have to pay twice for not having a lot of gold ....

yeah totally fair

Everyone has same chances of making lots of gold even if you're doing everything horrbily wrong and only doing dailies. Each day you would get like 40gs? from dailies so in 10 days its 400gs in month its 1200g which is more than enough to get player from true profane to true pirate.

Might be bit off how much you can do from dailies due im not doing them so you're saying ppl cant get gold? So if you're saying that players cant afford few lousy gem hammers then well own fault

Dude Im almost sure u have no idea what u talk about ... ALL of us payed for the hammers, no matter for gold or cash, cause they are cash only in shop so someone needs to buy them and sell them again for gold, they got a hugh load of money only cause of those stupid hammers ... FACT is, they already knew that the slots Would DISAPPEAR after levle 50 update, and they sold them WITHOUT any info towards the playerbase ... Now alot players couldn wait any longer and paid a second time for there hammers, and now as they finaly got enough complaining posts they present us a solution that ISNT A solution for everyone with clear mind. Now we have 2 weeks to  "solve" the "mistake" (if I call it friendly) that NCsoft did months ago ... and pretty the most of us wont be able to get this in time, so NCSoft can keep the most of our money and call this a compromise ?? and u are defending this ?

We dont get the hammers back

We cant send free mails to our account

We cant salvage any sort of clothes for fabrics

We need 1500€ for FIVE !!!! Clan Clothes ?!?!?

We have a Free2pay Event where u pay to unlock slots wich will just poof if the event ends

Feel Free to add more "ripp-offs" I forgot to mention for now ...

I realy dont get it, how u can defend this.

Archived