Don't Implement "Vote to Kick" in parties

Fraou

Even if it seems convenient for AFK players etc, we all know from other games which have such system, how heavily is abused.

For example, 3 friends try to make a 4-man heroic. They find a decent geared player and they start. At the end they simply kick him, and they share the loot.

Come on now, we all have been there. 

2 minutes ago, Natello said:

Maybe the game should disable vote kick when looting.

This is how it works in FFXIV - no kicking while looting or bossfights.

For the abusing-argument: The fact that there is no way to kick someone is way harder abused than i ever had recognized abuse of a kickvotesystem in other games.

31 minutes ago, Natello said:

Of course ! That's how it was in WoW too !! It seems logical no ?? 

If they really don't want the kick option, why don't implement a system where a player inactive during the boss fight can't access the bids AND the gold share from the bids ?? That would f*ck off bots and leechers !! Just logical !

1 hour ago, Fraou said:

Even if it seems convenient for AFK players etc, we all know from other games which have such system, how heavily is abused.

For example, 3 friends try to make a 4-man heroic. They find a decent geared player and they start. At the end they simply kick him, and they share the loot.

Implying this happens more often than AFKers and bots in parties.

2 hours ago, CycLee said:

This is how it works in FFXIV - no kicking while looting or bossfights.

For the abusing-argument: The fact that there is no way to kick someone is way harder abused than i ever had recognized abuse of a kickvotesystem in other games.

FFXIV also will (in theory) ban people who use the kick function for trivial reasons. DF parties are expected to move forward as a group, or leave yourself and incur a penalty if you are unsatisfied. Of course, their support staff are as likely to ban you for daring to contact them, or maybe ban a completely unrelated person just because.

4 hours ago, Fraou said:

Should have a need to % of damage to boss to qualify for loot. If you qualify you cant get booted, otherwise vote to kick should be in game by now. Too many times do people just AFK for 90% of the dungeon tag the boss and die then bid on loot. 

4 hours ago, Fraou said:

A few simple condition on when vote kick can be use is all you need to keep it from being abuse, can it still be abuse, sure but these condition would make it harder.

And for the above, simply no kicking when looting or auction started, no kicking during a set period of time after the fight has ended, so how would that 3 friends kick the other player if those are in place. Sure they could make some excuse and ask the other player to wait and not open the loot, but hell that 4th player would have to be darn silly to actually wait.

4 hours ago, Natello said:

Isn't that already the case? I think I remember one time in Brighstone Ruins when my PT tried to kick a DCed player during a loot auction and it wouldn't let us. (Not sure if I remembered correctly. I've yet to find another opportunity to try it again.) 

6 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Should have a need to % of damage to boss to qualify for loot. If you qualify you cant get booted, otherwise vote to kick should be in game by now. Too many times do people just AFK for 90% of the dungeon tag the boss and die then bid on loot. 

I suggested that before, but someone made a reasonable counter; someone could just rush the boss and kill other party members so there would be less participants for auction.

2 hours ago, authyrtyr said:

Just make vote-kick available until all players in party have entered the dungeon.

This would eliminate the obvious bots, but not those players who really just like to screw around with a flawed system. They could simply walk into the dungeon looking all legit then AFK.

Bringing a vote-kick feature will do more good than harm at this point. NCSOFT is worried about potential abuse however, the system is already being abused as it is. Might as well favor the legit players over the bots & under-geared players expecting to be carried in a dungeon.

Vote Kicking should be fixed tbh it IS there it just needs to be repared to work like FFXIV's system where you can only kick if theres no loot being rolled on. Its sadly needed for the likes of bots or leechers unfortunately as much as people would hate this.

I personally think the system is necessary, As you see some dungeon requires teamwork & decent players. Let's take an example, Last night i was queuing for naryu on cross dungeon, My party consist of 1 afk, 3 fella that has no idea how to play & ap was like 230. It happens so many times until i would need to actually take 3~5 hours of queuing, leaving at first boss just to complete 1 full run

On 4/14/2016 at 8:39 PM, Fraou said:

The following constraints would be necessary:

You cannot votekick when:

-Combat is in progress.

-Loot is being rolled on.

-The exit portal is up. (The time it takes to get out of combat should be enough to open a chest and start a roll - but to avoid a situation where multiple Sins might pull you back and forth across the arena preventing you from doing so until the combat timer runs up and then the party kicking you, this might be necessary.)

There is absolutely no legitimate a reason a votekick option should not be in place.

Archived