Forums

How will you rate your gaming experience til now?

R2D2X2

Game 9.5/10, game presentation 3/10.

I enjoy the shit out of the game, I love the PVP in here, I love the pve and the story, the combat system makes me enjoy leveling alts through the same content, music is ***king amazing, the game looks gorgeous, but the issues are there and not going anywhere - the lack of client optimization and opened holes for hacking, the events that let people have too much and too soon (why not limit keys used per day? oh yeah, money) for too much, but most importantly the shadiness.

The shady management, lack of any real interaction with people except a few forum posts and twitter replies and streams with no real answers make it all worse. Nobody knows what's going on in NCSoft, nobody knows what exactly is worked on, what are the plans and perspectives, what's the next release date - hell, I feel like even the NCSoft employees themselves don't know that. At least not the ones who interact with the community.

I don't think the game will "die", but at this rate I believe the popularity will take a hit. And not because of the game itself at all, and not because of the bots - any mmo player should already be used to them and dealing with them long ago - but only and purely because of the game's presentation. I believe the publisher could learn a whole lot if you check how other companies, like indie companies, manage their games. Take Dungeon Defenders 2 - the way the developers and publishers work closely with the community and listen and respond to feedback makes the difference in management feel like heaven and earth. They're open about what they do, they're open to what they will do, they make community polls and respond to feedback and suggestions - even if negatively. Even if the game, in my opinion, gets 5-6/10, the management gets a solid 9 (- at least at the time I was following it).

Fortunately for me, I play because I love the game, and I love the PVP in it, so "p2w" money-to-gold doesn't bother me. Management doesn't bother me as much. But it's impossible to be unaffected at this rate. And now that my good friend and clan advisor left the game because of the latest events, I feel depressed. So have a 2/10 for the management after all.

Start to some point: 8/10
-pvp
-combat
-dungeon system
-bidding system
-upgrade system (one gear till end)
-weapon skins
-costumes
-hongmoon coins
-currency exchanger
-story
-24mans
-faction quest
-free skill respec as the the situation requires

Some point (now): 5/10
-Constant poor communication from management.
-Optimization didn't improve
-bots, hacks, AFKers no solution offered.
-UBER FAST content release without and adjustments/considerations on economical/mechanical/technical/mental&emotional impact on players.
-game guard T.T

10 hours ago, Enhance said:

Game 9.5/10, game presentation 3/10.

I enjoy the shit out of the game, I love the PVP in here, I love the pve and the story, the combat system makes me enjoy leveling alts through the same content, music is ***king amazing, the game looks gorgeous, but the issues are there and not going anywhere - the lack of client optimization and opened holes for hacking, the events that let people have too much and too soon (why not limit keys used per day? oh yeah, money) for too much, but most importantly the shadiness.

The shady management, lack of any real interaction with people except a few forum posts and twitter replies and streams with no real answers make it all worse. Nobody knows what's going on in NCSoft, nobody knows what exactly is worked on, what are the plans and perspectives, what's the next release date - hell, I feel like even the NCSoft employees themselves don't know that. At least not the ones who interact with the community.

I don't think the game will "die", but at this rate I believe the popularity will take a hit. And not because of the game itself at all, and not because of the bots - any mmo player should already be used to them and dealing with them long ago - but only and purely because of the game's presentation. I believe the publisher could learn a whole lot if you check how other companies, like indie companies, manage their games. Take Dungeon Defenders 2 - the way the developers and publishers work closely with the community and listen and respond to feedback makes the difference in management feel like heaven and earth. They're open about what they do, they're open to what they will do, they make community polls and respond to feedback and suggestions - even if negatively. Even if the game, in my opinion, gets 5-6/10, the management gets a solid 9 (- at least at the time I was following it).

Fortunately for me, I play because I love the game, and I love the PVP in it, so "p2w" money-to-gold doesn't bother me. Management doesn't bother me as much. But it's impossible to be unaffected at this rate. And now that my good friend and clan advisor left the game because of the latest events, I feel depressed. So have a 2/10 for the management after all.

This.

I hope NCSOFT will take action soon before majority of the players quit.

I get discouraged by the amount of grind to be done. the event in place right now kind of remedies that but on the other hand... they could just decrease the amount of materials required for the upgrades, ain't nobody got time to grind whole life :|

3/10

1 point for bidding system

1 point for upgrading system

1 point for currency exchanger

1 point for OW PVP / ARENA

1 point for Storyline

1 point for f2p

0 point for customer support

0 point for community

0 point for update information(incomplete details)

0 point for policy / code of conduct /  terms and conditions ( update your customer if there any changes )

0 point for bots

0 point for taking action against hackers

0 point for security

0 point for NCOIN processing(incomplete details again)

0 point for ignoring people's suggestions(This game is nothing without us)

0 point for bugs / fatal error / memory leak / screen glitches

0 point for forum moderators / admin

0 point for time of update(EU)

If I had been asked this when I started BnS.. I would have said 8/10 or higher. The game was fun. But, for me.. and I have years of gaming experience, the bots are too much. The only other place I've ever seen this many bots, hacks etc was Aion. Aion still has these problems I am not spending any real money on anything until something starts being done about the problems. So, right now my rating is low, and getting lower everyday

Hm, let's see. The game has amazing scenery. There are a few things bothering me like invisible walls and terrain missing in the background but those are only minor obstacles. Also, some zones feel disconnected from the entire thing. Mainly, the transition Tomun Range- Scorching Sands is really bugging me because Tomun is lush and quite reminiscent of Viridian Coast and Scorching Sands are, well, a desert. Also, the background terrain of Skypetal Plains is off in terms of direction. They sticked the Skygate from Misty Woods to the South whereas it should be to the south-east. Also that tower going off in the sky, I don't know what it is but I like to think it's Mushin's Tower, which is also way off. But overall, the scenery is really well done. The amount of details game developers did for this game is simply amazing and better than most MMOs I have played to date. Hell even such big MMOs like, say World of Warcraft can stand ashamed next to Blade and Soul. A minimum of 9.5/10.

Next, the story. Some people find it stupid and dumb. I find it amazing and immersive. What's better, this system of instanced areas really makes the entire experience of this story feel like you are alone on his journey. You can actually feel unique in this story because all the key moments are instanced and you won't find someone else obstructing your special moment with that NPC or kick off a conversation that you want to savor. Even though, on that note, instanced areas in this game are too great in number. While I appreciate instances at key points in the story (because the game was clearly designed with story as the main selling part), having to pass between regions through a portal again and again is quite tiresome. But still. I like the story very much, also aside from the part where you look like a complete idiot, being dumped by people around you. I guess it's just the fault of bad translation. The story as whole is quite enjoyable and memorable and I even found few lines in character dialogue which really left an imprint on me. A minimum 9/10 (and only because the above mistakes).

The combat system is awesome! I really enjoyed the ability to chain my abilities into combos and weave my attacks in such a way that it also looks amazing on the screen (and does a lot of damage). Even though the game lacks (or better jet abhors) the 'holy trinity' of roles, it still does an amazing job of making every class feel unique. Every class contributes something to the game and feels different to play than the rest. Animations are also a big plus to the entire combat. So I would definitely say it's a clear 10/10.

Economy is... terrible. Aside from AH manipulation and farming something then selling it for a price at AH, there is no other way to earn money in this game. You can do daily quests, sure, but more often than not, you need a lot of time to finish them. Only at somewhere around 400 AP can you actually notice the increase in speed of completing quests and even after that, at the end of the day, it's nowhere near enough, considering how much time you have to put into it. The crafting and gathering system are limited to farming recipes and selling them at the AH to fools who would buy them and attempt to make things contained in said recipes. And that's ignoring the fact that those items would only net you 1 or 2 gold of income at the end of the day. Considering the game ups costs for equipment upgrade towards the end, this is nowhere nearly acceptable and basically harms the casual playerbase. When I add to it the fact that crafting and gathering takes a long time to execute, the inclusion of Soulstones and Refiners/Bowls into almost anything of worth in a profession, many gathering guilds gathering materials for no crafting guild, it extends to a pretty long and bad list. So that's basically a poor 3/10.

Communication on players-company is really... something. But something bad. Actually, it isn't. It's non-existent. With all the surveys and "we appreciate your feedback" attitudes, I thought this game would surely get it right. But guess what, it doesn't. As the matter of fact, I can't recall when last I heard of something actually improving in this game. I am very interested in reading Patch Notes but I couldn't find any for this game. Hell, even a moderator coming on these forums from time to time and writing something about what is going on with the game would be helpful and serve to cheer us up. But no. Instead, all I hear are talks about costumes. Well, costumes be damned, I am not playing this game for the costumes! I won't even add the fact that, last time I saw their weekly stream (which have since Silverfrost become mainly talk about their Arena PvP and costumes) there was absolutely no talk about game's performance and stability. As the matter of fact, all questions related to this topic that the community asked, were completely ignored. Seriously, 1/10 and I am being generous. What am I supposed to do, get my costume so that I can at least look good while I'm being pummeled by a horde of bots or invisible, teleporting hacker?

Which brings me to the next part. Hackers and Bots! Don't get me wrong, I am not asking for this perfect game where there are absolutely no bots and nobody wants to cheat, but the amount of bots and hackers in this game is so big that I can't even play normally anymore. And before someone jumps in and says that NCSoft is doing something, why aren't there any results jet? Like, if you can't ban those bots faster than they appear, then do something with the game that discourages botting. The Game Guard is clearly doing nothing to prevent it and just messes up your game performance which is already very bad. So far, I haven't seen any improvement in this field. NCSoft, if you are reading this, turn away from this thread and look deeper into forums, there are many threads with people giving actual ideas on how the game could combat bots or discourage botting. Since, obviously, the only thing you can come up with in this war is to manually ban them. 1/10 is too much to give.

To continue on game performance. This amount of lags, FPS drops and disconnections is the greatest I have ever seen. Actually, no, I have witnessed it before, on a private WoW server which didn't give shit about their players and was more of a hobby project for a group of people. This amount of said things tells the same of this game. And NCSoft calls itself a company? Please... What's making it even worse is the fact that this game is few years old in Korean market. By that logic they either should've switched to a more advanced engine, changed the game so that it can accommodate for these circumstances or develop the game so that it can handle the high amount of people. And maybe, just maybe, optimize the game for NVidia and Radeon graphics cards (and not that we, players, have to do this job for them). Add to this a fact that once again, we get the Treasure Trove, which not only ruined the game's acquiring of materials (because everyone gets their materials from there, leaving things like Soulstone Plains empty), it also has 'money grab' written on its forehead. And truth be told, this kind of marketing disgusts me and makes me think the company doesn't give a damn about its customers. 1/10 is once again too much to give. That's even without mentioning the fact that in order to be able to play, I have to 'remove' all factors that make this game good.

There are many more things bothering me with this game and this company but I think I have said enough about most pressing ups and downs of this game.

All in all, I am disappointed in this game. When I joined this game, I was amazed by what it looks like, by its story, characters and scenery. I was enjoying the combat and , although there were some lags, a crash here and there, it all changed with coming to the end game content which is basically only grind and grind and some more grind. Grind whole day, grind whole week to get those materials for your weapon or any other piece of gear. And what's even better, once you do upgrade it, all you get is basically a different weapon skin and very little in a way of stats, what makes you feel like you haven't accomplished much. What's making the matter worse are bots and hackers who prevent you from enjoying even that little much of game. And when you want to report these problems to NCSoft, expecting them to be solved, you are met with disappointment as the company either does nothing or very little regarding this problem. Instead, all they focus on are their costumes. Sad. Really sad.

Overall rating for this game: 4/10.

Additional notes: Don't even bother giving the game a try if you are new. You will just end disappointed sooner or later. Better sooner than later.

I would give it a 1 out of a 100. Bots are everywhere causing very bad lag and dropping fps very low. Don't hardly get any essence now soloed pinchy and got 2 with very bad rng for rolling. Costs way to much to upgrade gear for the amount of money you get. Skills do work right all the time. Like block that says resists knock down and a normal mob can knock you down. Story makes no since and is very boring. Don't like it where most classes is race locked. Only good thing about the game is the graphics, combat system and outfits. Wish never bought the 1 year premium. really think of going back to Tera least theres no bots or gold spammers everywhere.

10 out a 10.

Loving this game. I came from Facebook slots haha so Yeah I'm no pro.

Learning the combat is crazy awesome. I suck at the moment but I know one day, it will come easy.

My aim/goal is to pvp like the pro's :)

Game looked so beautiful at first glance, the end game content challenged the view I have of gaming in 2016, this should have never ended up in a enthusiast gamer's hands.

Pros

Pvp arena

Nice idea to have everyone in a same platform, which is only limited in your dedication in game, hence hongmoonlevels.

Unlockable skills, incredibly not balanced class skills which you will find out playing the competitive arena at high levels.

3v3

Cons

No real balance between classes, skills seem to be just locked behind to reach their full potential.

No customization for EU/NA class balance whatsoever regarding us being behind in patches.

The Lag, gtx970 3570k should not have any issues running with *OPTIMIZE FOR COMBAT*

From the beginning 10/10 my hype blinded me... went all in with a masterpack and 1 year premium bought all the costumes available mostly. Now I would just say 5/10 as of now.

Cons:

-I hate the slow costume rotations 2 weeks 2 outfits... this pass rotation has been the only week since valentines outfits release that I've actually bought both available outfits. Most rotations since then have been very lackluster. With the costume library blade and soul has i see no excuse for this.

-BOTS... yea other mmos have their fair share, but I haven't seen any that bad to this extent. I've always gotten private messages or mails from them but never have I actually seen them running free as they do here.  Also this bank account robbery... never seen this before on a MMO and I've played a long list.

-The eternal combat glitch that has been here since the beginning and still not fixed making us waste time running back praying you don't get hit again to 7/10 get stuck in combat again with the escape option on a 30 minute cool down.

-Most importantly how the progression works not complaining for myself... but in the future how are new players suppose to catch up? This game is not new player friendly whether people like it or not it will affect our player base in the long term. Compared to the first 2 months of release the new starter bots outnumber actual new starting players already. Progressing a new character with the help of your main is easy because u have easy gold to funnel into the new character. I don't think we can say the same for people who are just starting out and this could be a huge turn off.

-This game caters to hardcore only, if you don't put job like hours into the game you will never catch up without funneling some kind of real cash into game. Not saying to hand people gear and stuff. The people who grinded their gear to BiS do deserve it and I'm definitely not saying to put casuals at their level. But usual a lot of money comes from the casuals/semi hard core who are grown up and work(who else could afford 15 dollars per outfit?) I feel like the game pushes these kind of people away and thinking long term you don't really want to push anyone off the boat.

-Elitism+Community gets a 1/10 for me I can understand having a preference AP for the higher dungeons Yeti and so on since you don't really need anything from there unless your gear is good and u finally need items from there to progress. But it's just sad people dropping POH and BSH when new players are trying to get things they need like the weapon they need for upgrade,belt, and bo pae to get themselves started and the Elite treat them like the plague. It's truly heartbreaking most of the time people try to cry that the publisher killed a game... no YOU killed the game with the rest of your digital high horse community who refused to lend a pinky finger to new players and you chased off any chance of new blood coming into the game.

PROS

COSMETICS GAH <3 -girly scream- when stuff I do like comes out it makes me very happy!

-combat of course

-character creation <3

-customer support i'll give 8/10 if you go into detail with your situation they solve things pretty fast compared to other mmos, think I've only had one problem with them which was just the Headstart Mushin transfer fiasco but that was understandable.

Right now blade and soul is like that voluptuous classy lady in the office that gives you that look to come do her in the printing room, only to find out some months later that she has full blown aids. Now you're living that good ole aids life.

I give the game a score of 4/10.  The game has potential but as it's currently being managed, that potential is being squandered.

Pros:

+Art style

+Environments

+Quick leveling

+Quests are pretty good even if they are rather cookie cutter in design.

+Lyns

+Wide variety of outfits that have good detail and physics to them.  Lot's of them can be had in the game without shelling tons of money.

+Soul shields and your weapons / accessories are the basis of your stats rather than the costumes.  This allows you to wear whatever costumes you'd like without affecting your stats.

+Highly customizable character creation

Cons:

-Low textures in many areas of the game.

-Invisible walls

-Poor optimization for newer hardware

-Rubberbanding on terrain

-Bots

-Hackers

-AFK'ers & Leechers

-Poor crafting system

-Poor gathering system

-Weapon evolution is rather expensive for character progression

-RNG boxes

-Gold for HCoins

-Abuse of the loot system in cross server groups changing the loot rules as a boss dies to ninja loot everything.

-Outfit transmutation pouches - quite frankly, this is a legal gray area being forced to use real money on something that isn't clearly identified as what is more or less gambling with a chance that it can fail costing you a lot of said money.

-Poor controls in place for NCoin purchases leading to hacked accounts having any linked bank account info drained of real money.

-High concentration of toxic / elitist players.

-Inconsistent voice acting

-Poorly translated tooltips

I'm sure there's more, but these were just the ones off the top of my head.

Archived