How will you rate your gaming experience til now?

R2D2X2

Rate your experience from 1 being the lowest and 10 as highest.

I'll rate it 5, the story is interesting, the combo on each class, the quest, the leveling are somehow great and the distribution of loot in terms of bidding is the best idea for me.

However, bots ruined it. Every map you will see bots, they are camping Area Boss, speedhacking on Soulstone Plains, they do dungeons and even daily quests now.  Sad part of this is that NCSOFT is not doing anything regarding the matter. This made me sad and planning to quit this game. It's very frustrating to see the one you reported is still there and hacking. If this will continue, I might as well quit the game. GL

Cf6zDe3W8AAoTSG.jpg

4.5/10

++++ Gameplay.

+++ PvP is pretty good. Balancing isn't the best but I've seen far worse.

++ PvE is fun for awhile.

---- Poor optimization.

---- Poor connection. Especially for EU.

-- Botting. Pretty big problem.

- Hacking. Not THAT many hackers, but still.

-- You have to PvE to PvP / PvP to PvE. I personally don't like it.

-- Grinding / Upgrading for PvE is or can be a problem.

- -- Game has become P2W (for now.)

/ Leveling. I personally don't like it, but that's just me.

/ Questing. Some are fun. Daily quests can become VERY boring.

Honestly, if the gameplay wouldn't be as good, Blade & Soul would be one of the worst MMO's I've ever played.

I would rate it at 7.

I knew what I was getting into after having played it for a month with friends in TW and leveling to 50 there. I was used to there being bots, though they did not invade dungeons as far as I could tell. It took me about 2 weeks on the TW server to figure out that the players running around saying yyyfffff or some variation were bots spamming y for chat and f to interact, lol.

I also knew there was a lot of grinding at end game to obtain materials to get gear leveled.

Things I love:

Costumes, Skill animations, Story, Most of the music, Quirkiness of some of the side quests/characters, Cutscenes, Hongmoon coin store

Things I don't mind:

Bots farming field bosses for me mean I don't need to waste time doing it and can buy the essences from market cheap

Things I dislike:

Afk bots/players in dungeons/arena 3v3, Too many soulstones required (TW crafting did not require nearly as many), Large portion of troll and/or elitist community (not really ncsoft's control so not sure if it really belongs here), Lack of clan records/customization, Premium locked wardrobe use

There's probably other things too that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but overall I enjoy the game. There are a number of issues and I do get bored from time to time, but in general I enjoy logging on to chat with clan members, do a few dailies, run a few 4-mans, costume hunt.

4/10

*Combat is fun but the game favor too much for range classes so I'll feel unrewarded to play melee.

*Story is meh! (nothing beat SWTOR or FFXIV story yet)

*Level a second character is a pain because most of thing are not account bound.

*Game extremely poor optimization.

*Nothing to counter those AFK leecher in dungeons.

*I generally care less about bots but now bots camping and zerg dailies mobs, dailies quests too and I couldn't complete my dailies unless I need to spend 30~45 minutes to get stupid 10 kills for the quest.

**Before someone tell me "don't like it then don't play it". I'm already in search for new game to spend my money.

7/10

Love:

Exotic setting; Landscapes, Monster Compendium; Combat System; Classes; Open World bosses/24 M instances; 1 vs 1 Arenas; Levelling Pace; Variety of gaming activities

Okay:

Story in Silverfrost; some plot-important NPCs

Don’t Like:

Female characters presentation; dissonance of the Caucasian looks of most of the NPCs and their Oriental names; 4th wall breakage; Story in Acts 1-3; Voice acting; need to PvE to PvP; Lyn and Yun races; racial lock-outs on classes

Hate:

no support for Alts/account anything; general alt-unfriendliness; Crafting System; RNG with unlocking chests; shoddy business with regional keys in surveys

Abhor:

Gear upgrade system; Rush2Patch for NA/EU

Pros

1. A game that doesn't force the player to complete 20,000 quests to level up.
  2. A game that allows players to do a decent number of dailies to earn ingame money.
  3. Wall Running and Gliding.

Neutral

1. In-game economy. Pretty much non-existent, but it's a new game in EU/NA. Still, most of the market is ruled by botters. That sucks, because they force some items to be expensive while undercutting others, to eliminate possible player competition.
  2. Storyline. Kind of "meh". Nothing to write home about, but still better than Twilight.
  3. NPCs and named MOBs. Occasionally interesting, other times confusing or outright annoying. 

Cons

1. Insane amount of zone transitions. With today's technology - I mean, seriously? WOW could do a seamless transition ten years ago, for *cricket* sake.
  2. Visual disconnect of zones. They just don't mesh together to make you feel like you're in a living world. They also feel limiting, like a canyon flight game.
  3. Dungeons are not rewarding at all. Dungeons and raids are the pinnacle of MMO PVE. In BnS, they're more like an afterthought.
  4. Very little motivation to team up with others. I've hit max level without ever teaming up or finding a clan. Dungeons are easy to PUG, and the lack of positive motivation ingame is turning it into a single-player game that coincidentally also has other players in it.
  5. Bugs in skills, positioning, invisible walls, AOE telegraphs.
  6. Equipment progression has obvious diminishing return, final stages force players into endless grind.
  7. Resource gathering and crafting is ridiculous. I just don't have another word for it.
  8. Bots. Bots. Bots everywhere. And gold spammers. Did I also mention bots and gold spammers?

Grand score: 3/10 .. Verdict: "Cricket, Don't Do It!"

Already looking for another game. Don't really want to go back to those that I already played, but WOW is still the undeniable king of the hill as far as PVE is concerned. Or RIFT. Or maybe back to EVE ... Oh well. 

I would probably give pretty big 9 for my gaming experience. I know nothing better than what my laptop can do and I find this pretty better quality than my other MMO that was bound to crash like every 30-90 minutes (crashing was really part of it and for everyone and yeah still loved the game to the core until I got everything I possibly could get). I don't mind bots nor the high costs as all I do care is to play with my boyfriend a game we both enjoy to the fullest. We could probably grind 24/7 if our schedules would allow! Only - for me is probably the soulstones and forced to pvp part.

5/10  stopped playing last month and won't renew premium.  May return at a later time, they do need more time to finish adding 3 years of content.  The Game is not complete.  

NA patch jobs are band aids.   The MMO model is going the way of the dinosaurs.  MMOs favor the younger generations.  Move along, nothing to see here. 

For me

Game is fantastic i like it a lot but once again game company screws things up.

Game itself without ncsoft is about 7,5/10 but thats because how poorly its optimized or well not poorly optimized but 32 bit client and DX9. Otherwise i would give 8.5,

but then if i add NCwest to this then points go down to 5/10 and if i add community to this it will go to 4/10

Things that i dont like about Ncsoft (not in any sort of order)

-Their communication between departments and missinformation is worst that i've seen ages

-They're controlling prices in market just by doing these ridiculous events that could be more fun and enjoyable if almost everything was not sellable in market and causes market to crash everytime they put event on.

-GG most likely worst decision that they've ever made but hey lets think positive side they most likely cant do anything worse than that

-Horrible maintenance times for EU players tho last one would've been decent if they did not have to extend it once again which does not suprise and if i recall remembering that first maintenance was supposedly long and after that they would do it in couple of hours but quess what none of them been in couple of hours.

-Translation / dubbing. I've NEVER understood point of translating oh maybe thats wrong term i know why. Its for lazy NA players who dont want to read so lets dub but sadly every dub that ever made IS HORRIBLE PURE SHIT and waste of resources. Top of that item names keep changing like every other patch. First its poharans perfume then its gun oil then its back to poharans perfume and so on. Can you guys already make your mind or do it right at first time?

-Security of accounts seems to be in questionable stage but most likely thats because players screwed things up but NCsoft still could have better options for how someone can change emails, pincodes and other stuff.

-While Ncsoft is company like any other which purpose is to make money still they're one of the biggest money hungry what i've ever seen. Milking 15 euros for just a costume is absurd. Even skins in MOBA games where skin is just more than costume costs 4-10 euros and many of them even do weekly sales where players can buy stuff for discount  -25%-50%

Community

-I've never seen or atleast not for years this big cryfestbaby community as this one is. Everyday i see 10 threads popping out about bots hackers and so on. Then i see another few threads about how ncsoft keeps merging / deleting coexisting threads like things about bots. Then i see player who dont understand the fact that Ncsoft is actually doing something but they still cannot win against bots / hackers because there will always be so many of them around.

-Have not seen so low skilled community for ages. When Silverfrost came and i was doing Yeti runs at each run i had to explain tactics to players and they still ignored everythin i said and either used resists/escapes on crabs or insta escaped when they were knocked down and so on. Same with frozen fang. Had groups that just simply refused to move boss to totems or kill them even after multiple times saying kill the damn totems and move boss there. Or top of that players who charged in against training dummies and aoeing everything while ranged could just attack it once and it would jump to your group but nope too hard

-Then there are players who keep asking simpel questions about everything. Instead of trying to google answer which would take 15 seconds they keep spamming questions about something for minutes till someone answers.

Thought im still having fun with the game while i see problems just piling up but still game is fun when im just ignoring 80% of stuff that i hate and try to not get too focused on shit what goes on.

+game play

+design

+music

++outfits

-optimization

-lag

--bots / hackers

6/10

bots cheaters and hackers are ruining this game. I understand that there is a complicated process involved to remove them but that does not change the fact that they are there and ruining everything. I understand, it's difficult to remove cancer. Leave it alone or move too slow and it will kill you.

On the actual game: 7.5/10

-It lost points on being poorly optimised for combat, lack of forethought into outfits "clipping", FPS drops due to memory leak from the game, also repetitive dailies.

On the publisher: 4/10

-Bots running rampant, lack of publisher doing anything about it. 

-Hidden patches which publisher doesn't know about beforehand. 

-Publisher not communicating with community effectively to better the game. 

-Rushing content to the player base, while the majority of the players are not able to keep up. 

-Publisher going back  on their word once game launched to what they said prior to launching the game.

-Horrible "anti-bot/hack" prevention

Community: 5/10

-Bots, bots and more bots.

-AFK players/Leechers

-Elitists, who refuse to work with anyone under "their" gear.

-Spammers/Gold sellers

-Hackers

Overall, my experience has been: 7.5/10

(Mainly because I love playing with the friends I've made, and the guild I'm in..)

The game isn't the best, nor the worst. 

5/10

Not going in detail for the pros, but will explain my cons.

Pros:

- Combat system

- Fight mechanics (bosses)

- Decent balance of solo and group activities (Mushin tower - ability to solo/low man dungeons)

Cons:

- RMT/Bots: bots and rmt exist in every game you can't get rid of them. But my problem is the sheer amount of bots and the time that action is taken on them. Same bots can be on soulstone plains teleporting around for 2 weeks without getting banned (Yes I report them but I'm getting tired of it as I see no action taken against them). RMT friend spam from the same character lasting for weeks on end, the same 3 characters been sending me friend request and whispers for over 3 weeks (character history - "p" key - you can see who whispered you even if you blocked them already). Crafting being dependent on quartz which are camped 24/7 by bots in cinderland/moonwater - I haven't seen bots for silverfrost yet but there's players camping then 24/7.

- Hacks: hacks that break the game mechanics, teleporting, speed hacking, infinite resist/invisible, why aren't these detectable. Especially in PvP where this game is an e-sport in the East.

- Nothing to discourage people from AFK/Leeching in dungeons. So far every MMO that I played before had some sort of a kick system, whether it is vote kick or party leader kick. I am beginning to see people coming into pre-made groups, people with 500+AP come in dungeons to AFK at zones, and only move when required to go to the next zone.

- Translation: poor translations and not even talking about the censoring/changed parts which I also found disappointing. Skill descriptions are bad in alot of cases, the same thing can be mentioned so many different ways. ei) Thorn strike poison and weed whack poison on skill description, but when you put it on the enemy - they are all ivy poison? There's alot more than just this skill. Also, NPC names being called differently. Yehara - Ye Harang, Waido - Wa Ido, Jan Wong - Jan Woong, Wu Fee - Wu Fei, alot of the blackram mini-bosses in e.fleet name doesn't match up with names in quest description. And this is just the start, there's a lot more. It is like no one proof-read any of it.

And other things that are just preferences:

- Vertical progression with extremely linear path: you are always grinding that same 2-3 top tier dungeons for the best gear (soul shields and materials in this case).

I miss the horizontal progression games in the old days like FFXI, there is so many things to do for end game and not forced to run the same thing over and over again everyday. In fact some of the things have like 72hr or weekly lock outs, or items that you just can't farm that fast enough to do the event repeatedly.

- Premium membership: I'm really just using it for the wardrobe, and maybe the small extra income on quest/mob drops. Exp bonus is ok - but you will eventually cap exp and it becomes useless. Discounts/extra market slots - barely noticeable in the hongmoon store and also putting stuff on the marketboard, I don't use it that much to need all the extra slots on marketboard and currency exchange. Chi restoration/windstride cooldown - doesn't save that much time, a few seconds on chi restoration when you most likely going to die anyways on a boss fight unless 2 other players assist and windstride not really needed that often. Log in queue - there is none. Additional hongmoon coins, as if you get to see venture tokens that often, once every 2 weeks maybe? And then you got the flat out annoying windwalk animation and premium icon that makes you stand out. Some people may think it is well worth it, but I would not get it if it wasn't for the wardrobe.

The only saving grace is really the combat in this game, I'm enjoying it alot.

Only bad part imo is the costs on getting the skills unlocked (people need those skillbooks, they shouldn't be super unique or expensive to get) and costs on weapon upgrades (mmos survive by players and players with alts).

I have friends leaving because they don't want to wait a year to be at today's top point that will be a low point in that years time :p

There is only one problem. They wanna catch up content super fast, but we dont have buffed gear progression for that. Gold and materials are limited. And how to get gold fast? Bots, hacks, elitism... 

So the gear progression need to be fixed for this speed of content release.

Pros:

-Eye-catching and thrilling combat system

-Equalized PvP where skills matter.

-Nice dungeon design and boss fights.

-Good power-up feeling through equipment progression

-Nice blend of Western and Eastern Culture

-Pretty graphic

-Awesome music

-Beautiful outfits

-Nice story

-Cute Lyns

Cons:

-Typical MMORPG with end-game dailies of killing X mobs, killing that Y boss, and speak to Z person.

-Rare outfits are mostly combat-gated. Only the strong has the right to be pretty

-Crafting system is just an idle mobile game. You order and wait.

-The map is beautiful, but empty with nothing to explore between quest hubs

-Botting. A lot of them, and everywhere, from pve to pvp.

-Unpractical premiumship with too many unnecessary fluffs. I'm seriously considering about dropping it.

-Bad client optimization.

-Rushing contents to catch up with Korean.

-P2W elements have started to show up, even though NCWest promises to have none of them. Treasure Trove is just a beginning - only the bots with quantity and the whale with huge wallet truly benefits from it, while the free players will get some 'charity' rolls per day, hoping to get something nice. Can't wait to see how the game fares when Legendary weapons which may take years to grind finally implemented in this game.

-Lyn ears clip a lot into headgears.

Here’s my feedback but just to let you guys know, this is coming from a solo player who hasn’t played MMOs in a very long time.

Pros

·         Awesome combat system. Very.

o   Balance is also great but not perfect.

·         Character customization provides a lot more to offer than most MMOs I’ve seen

·         I’m a sucker for even the slightest anime-ish artstyle

·         Ninja-striding

·         Beautiful maps

·         Faction stuff is interesting. Some people even take it too seriously.

·         Cinematics were also awesome.

·         Cool story (Not great, but cool)

o   Brother Hajoon and Grandma will forever be in my heart.

·         Thrilling PvP

·         Great music

·         Cross-server dungeon makes party-finding easy with so many game servers.

Cons

·         Optimization has many rooms for improvement.

·         Phenomenal amount of bots & hacks.

o   Not surprising, but the countermeasures are lacking

·         Stronger In-Game GM Presence would be great.

·         Miscommunication between staff needs to be worked on.

·         Miscommunication between staff and public needs to be worked on.

·         Crafting & Gathering lacks any sort of enjoyment… at all.

o   Crafting is also almost completely useless (economically-wise)

·         Everything is so linear. (Story, equipment, etc.)

·         Transition of equipment upgrade & acquisition difficulty gradually gets inconsistent.

o   Upgrades later pushes you to PvP or work twice as hard in PvE for materials.

·         Lack of variety of things to do, everything is just about hitting stuff (Makes me feel the game is just a boot-camp for the World Tournament… especially when quests keep throwing PvP paper at your face.)

o   P.S. When do I get my own dojo and when can I use my kung fu for building stuff? Where is my Asian tea ceremony?

·         Predictable AI patterns

·         Macro is allowed in PvP

·         No Oceanic Server

Overall Score: 6.5/10

I  rate this 8+ out of 10

Though ratings don't really mean that much without a baseline which usually come from "play time".

I can only play 4 hours a day and during them 4 hours I totally enjoy what I can do. which invole

planning upgrades and order of crafts that I need to do

Running instance for materials and gold - I have different dungeon rotations when farming matts

main 3 heroics and some quick pvp missions(farm SS)

then dong different dailies and helping guildies out

and doing a level or 2 on a alt - as they come in handy for making money

this 4 hours I think is a happy medium as I can get stuff done and equipment upgraded with some consistency, without feeling as if I am not getting anywhere.

People who play less suffer from not being able to progress with gear

people who play more start to suffer from boredom as the pool of thing to do is not great enough to have that much change each day.

Though the crafting is simple, to me it fits perfectly in with the games style -  jeez imagine if the crafting was like SWG - it would be great but imaging the moaning then.

never played a MMO that was not linear and had balance. As such this a good thing here.

what I don't like it the rushed content and new classes being dropped in all at once as you know once you got it all,  people will then complain there no new stuff ect ect

Archived