EU Maintenance times...

QRob

yes maintance during night is nice, but I am someone who was playing NA Aion so I am just used to it during day.

Doing maintnace that starts at 9am is way way better than the one that starts at 1pm. so I am way more than ok with this earlier maintance. back to bed :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And? They have to do maintenance sometime and since NC west is primarily based in america with just one UK branch, it makes sense they would do maintenance during times when americans are sleeping. They are not dense. You are just entitled and need to go outside and get some fresh air for a few hours while maint goes on.  

I sure am entitled, im a customers in this company that sells IT service at world wide scale.

Theres many thousands of customers like me, living in a place called EU, we would also like them to have sense and have our maint times during the night...

would it suck for some employee that he has to come in at off hours to do it ? sure, but hey they are selling IT service at world wide level, they knew they had to do this, any other large IT company does, hell i worked with stuff like this, noone cried when they had to come in at night to fix servers or do maint.

Guess all that Crying and salt throwing actually paid off. Yes this is the BIGGEST problem with adjusting a maintenance to suit 1 timezone a little better, IT CAN MESS UP THE OTHER TWO. And you don't want MT during YOUR play time, well i'll be a selfish turd too and say the same (AUS MT went from 10pm to 6pm). However it HAS to happen some time during the cycle and it lets you enjoy ALLLLLLL the rest of the time until next one with no MT/downtime (unless unscheduled).

I have complained before about EU maint. times; now I think they got it right though, let me explain:

- Kids are at school this time, so they won't lose playtime (talking about 16-21yrs)

- Adults are usually working this time

So yes, this is way much better than the one before, whereas you had 4pm-ish, everyone already at home and maint. was still going on. If you are not working / at school, go out, have some fresh air, you know... I think most people will be pleased with the new timings, and I am certainly thankful for NcSoft to change it finally.

its better sure, but theres no reason we cant have maint. during the night, other than some employees convenience and how can a few employees convenience, which they will get paid for, outweight the happyness of thousands of costumers?

Theres many players that have days off, take days off, have time for whatever reason to be on in the morning, its retarded that this problem even has to exist.

Put maint. from 3 am to 7 am, or something like this for all regions and see the complaints disappear.

NA and EU are LINKED. Only the gameservers are in EU, the rest of the infrastructure is in NA (Login,Daily Dash, Market, etc). That's why we will never have different maintenance times for NA/EU. Live with it.

Hello Vexthal!
Thank you for your feedback. We would love to accommodate both NA and EU with maintenance times however at this very moment that is not feasible. We will forward your concern to the head development team! Thank you

42 minutes ago, Vexthal said:

So you move the maint. times, great, now US players have it almost like it should be and EU players, well they get dumped on again.

How can you not understand, we dont want maint. in our playing hours? We want them in the middle of the night, not in the morning, not in the afternoon and certainly not in the evening.

God how can an IT company, working with IT on a world wide scale in 2016, not have some guys come in at night to do the maint, any other IT company with that span does.

I cant understand how you as a company can stand, pissing off many thousands of costumers week after week and its not like we havent complained, its been happening since the very first maint. you did.

God its just unbelieveable you can be this dense.

Regards 

Vykoz

"hold it at the night so u can *cricket* other crowds off who arnt me"..

Lol it isn't Dense, its a ACCEPTENCE that not EVERYONE plays at the EXACT same hour, for example. I'm a Night worker I play during the Night as my routine is Sleeping throughout the day, it'd annoy me and PLENTY of others who do Play at these hours just like it annoys you now, tbh... 8am on a Wednesday, wtf u on about?.. Everyones working, apart from players who are off today.

but should that Minority of Players who Suddenly have today off come above the Minority who work nights?.. no,  u CANNOT place Maintiance without Pissing off a Certain amount of Players, that's Just how it is, its actually more acceptable in the day.

the Minority who actually have today off and are missing play hours, could either 1) have a Lie in. 2) Clean ur house/do chores BEFORE playtime or 3) go out with friends etc etc, a Nigfht worker whos up at 3am, Physically cant do anything, go to bed? Breaking routine infuriating the problem further, Clean? What while everyone in the house is asleep. go out with friends? again we're a Minority there arnt Many who will happen to have the same day off not to mention anything to be open for you.

the Maintiance time is CLEARLY set on a Off-peak hour, 8am is the MAJORITY of peoples Work/school start, Majority of players are Uneffected of this, while it was midday I could understand, but Now its first thing in the morning, ur just QQing for no reason Look around No one else is QQIng on this patch theres 0 bad feedback but yours, so what u on about People QQing, Most people are qworking or still asleep right now

end of the day, No one seems to be fighting against this. and tbh its MUCH Better as a whole.

Just now, Lunakitty said:

Did the maintenance start btw since no one updated the info that it would have started?

it should have started 1h ago, though i am not ingame, so i am not sure if it has, and yeh, i've been checking twitter but they didnt say anything

6 minutes ago, QRob said:

it should have started 1h ago, though i am not ingame, so i am not sure if it has, and yeh, i've been checking twitter but they didnt say anything

I only noticed that I got login error when trying to login so I really hope it was due to the maintenance and nothing else.

5 hours ago, GroundZero said:

actually utc's an hour behind gmt atm , but yeah 8 am then it'll be, thats better

Actually it's not. GMT and UTC do not change throughout the year as they are actually reference times set by the international standards institute (well UTC really as GMT stopped being a standard in the 70's). During summer time countries on GMT change to GMT+1

Archived