I like grind but...

SirNox

I must admit that I'm actually somewhat bipolar about leveling. While I LOVE the leveling part in games like WoW, SWToR and GW2 (the latter only after a long MMO break), I cannot stand it in the typical Asian grinders like Ragnarok Online or similar games. BnS is okay-ish in that regard, but I simply lack motivation and am easily grossed out by running dungeons (or worse dungeons xx times a day non-stop) or daily quests every day (only did it once in WoW to get the 5k gold flying licence during BC?, I think)

I downloaded the Blade and Soul knowing that it is NOT the Jade Empire in a MMO format (which is my wet dream of a game). But, I wanted to see what it was.

I truly got captivated by Blade and Soul’s artwork and combat system/classes in the first 5 minutes of gameplay.

Story-wise, the bulk of the game was so-so even after a generous accommodation for the simplification required for a MMO story. The Cinderlands babe-parade, the lame ending of Act 3, and the internal setting inconsistencies made me want to quit the game. However, the Silverfrost patch kept me with the BnS. It was far better paced and the story became more fun to follow. I got used to the omnipresent boobs and the equally obvious 4th wall demolitions. Now, I am actually looking forward to the next installment.

Gear-wise, to me, it feels like BnS is shooting itself in the foot, locking anyone but a dedicated guru who knows how to milk bulls from the very best of what the game has to offer – combat system, interesting classes and a beatific, quirky world.

If the quantity of each thinggie required for each upgrade was reduced by a factor of 5, I’d enjoy the game that much more, and, I hazard, that one simple change would bring in and retain far more players than it would disappoint. The delicate question is a matter of paying for the privilege of having fun playing. As of now, you can, and through the legal channels so far as I understand, but it feels like cheating, and I hate cheating.

I am F2P, I am not a pro at milking bulls, and just One of Many good people with a bad DPS, so that impacts my perception of how hard it is to gear a character out.

EDIT: All and all, I think BnS has an obsession with substituting quantities for the depth of experience. Four Guardians, Eight Masters, 180 Soulstones... but it is less memorable when the quantity drops to Just One.

If nothing else, this Trove event may motivate some to do their dailies for the silver/gold required for items, as well as lvling their alts enough to participate.

Also, since items can go anywhere from 10 silver to 1 gold, you'll really want to have at least Moonwater 24-man unlocked for ease of getting said money. Just being lvl 36 won't cut it if you don't have an alt to finance it or something.

Wow, a good thread for once :p.

For me at least, B&S and many other MMOs that have been out in the past 10 yrs have changed the way MMOs are viewed/played.  And by that, it's not good.

It started with "dailies."  Then it pretty much evolved into everything else, some of which was mentioned in this thread.

Like others, I am at that point to where all I do for any mmo is dailies then log off.  And when I can't even do that, it's more entertaining playing the game via forums haha.

There is only one mmo where I invested a lot of time and enjoy it dearly and that was FFXI.  The classic FFXI before they turned that into a solo game.

For me, that game had it all.....story, combat (strategic), crafting, drama, and more.  I never felt like it was a chore to log in to play.  I hate crafting in general, but while it took forever to level your crafts, the payoff was well worth it.

Like one other guy said, yes it's all about end game and gear which I partially agree with.  The rest I believe deals with the game itself (i.e combat, character progression) and the community.  FFXI pretty much forced you to play with each whether you liked it or not and despite all the hate that got, I loved it.

Now it's all about soloing and dailies.  However depending on how a game is built up, it doesn't have to be that.

So all I'm gonna say is there are too many flaws in B&S like all the other current MMOs out there and some of those things ppl have already talked about in this thread. B&S is just like pso2/psu/pso.  Fun for a while, but gets old fast.

Tho I consider those games better than B&S since I don't treat em as doing dailies and the other junk ppl mentioned here.

Would love to go on and on and be even more specific but I gotta be returning to work soon.  If I had a time machine tho, I'd go back in time where I was heavy in FFXI and other MMOs.

Now it's all about soloing and dailies.  However depending on how a game is built up, it doesn't have to be that.

Actually, the single most profitable thing you can do in this game is to grind the dungeons with a dedicated group and a gentlmen agreement. When I pug, I see people paying over the market prices for bids (I drop bidding at about 60% market price). The only time I got to run with 2 guildies through the same god-awful Blackram Supply, both of us who needed the life-poisoning Poharan's mats got two of the drops, and it cost us 6 coppers. If even a Noob #1 like me could harvest benefits from a clan run,  imagine what the peeps who organized from the start can achieve by doing higher level content in this game where everything costs. Grinding solo is the least time and cost efficient way to play this game. But you gotta herd the cats.

One of the worst p2win event i've seen in a mmo. Whats the point in me doing hundreds of yeti runs..hundreds of blackwyrm runs,  those boxes have everything in it. 

@Blade & Soul can you guys also add achievement points in those boxes? its the only things thats missing there .

1 hour ago, Denpa said:

One of the worst p2win event i've seen in a mmo. Whats the point in me doing hundreds of yeti runs..hundreds of blackwyrm runs,  those boxes have everything in it. 

@Blade & Soul can you guys also add achievement points in those boxes? its the only things thats missing there .

if i cannot buy 100golds for 3 silver is not enough

The problem is there are no real options here. You can either pve a purple dungeon or pve Mushins tower, or do the pve that is supposedly pvp content. It's all the same.

The crafting sucks, no housing, no real battlegrounds, no real profiting from the AH, no gathering, no sea battles, no ships, no loot drop from enemies, no creating outfits from individual pieces, no unique drops (not worth getting excited over at least) no pvp territories or guild battles, no real titles, no, no, no, no, no.

This game has the best combat system I have ever played, coupled with the worst end-game options.

If they'd give us the 6 man battlegrounds and lower the asinine requirements to level up our weapons and jewelry so it didn't take a f'ing MONTH to achieve a tiny taskit wouldn't be as tedious.

Z

The main reason I slacked off on this game is because of the pace of updates which essentially makes it impossible to gear up and enjoy multiple characters without having endless hours to spend on here each day, which I don't have but even if I did, there will always be things in real life that I enjoy and make time for over games also. If I were ok with, let's say, 400AP on each alt, that would be easy to achieve and not much time spent but then each alt will hit that wall. It's the wall where you choose an upgrade path where one is considerably more expensive while the other is cheaper but requires getting lucky drops or slowly obtaining emblems each day to buy needed items from merchants. When Efleet and Nightshade were packed in several channels, it still wasn't a fast process with doing them each day and even more time consuming to consider them on more than one character because after that you'll have several dungeons.

Some HM skills are really good but are expensive to buy, could take forever farming hoping for the rare drop or the long drawn out achievement point grind. Even if someone dumped real money into this game and bought a lot of gold and had endless amounts of time, it would be difficult if even possible for the person to gear up several characters. Being able to properly gear up and enjoy multiple characters is what keeps a MMO fun for me. Any time I have to choose one character and push it to have any chance of attempting to keep up with gear and get everything done daily that I need then that's just when I begin to lose interest. I really like this game so I just hope I don't get too tired of the content rush and drawn out gear grind before they slow down.

I know they're trying to catch NA up for the esport shit and all that but eventually the content will slow down to how it's supposed to be in a MMO and give people more time to have fun with the game and gear up but until then I just don't know. On a good day, I might be able to spare 3-4 hours in game and normally less than that so often I'll get on my WL and run the top 3 heroic dungeons then run some other things but it simply doesn't even provide me with enough time to make good progress on one character which completely leaves my alts sitting, never being used which is not good.

Yeah well so far most mmos that i have played so far ware similar at least those from east and two of them ware ncsoft games so you could say that they following their tracks.

Basically every new update extends the grind wheel and that really becomes problem if you lag behind as reaching new standard becomes really hard.

And this game is just not made for alts as nothing sharded beside sub bonuses which just brings you back to that question, are you ready to spend MOAR money?

It's frustrating that to "play" the parts of the game we WANT to play, we first have to do the more tedious things we DDON'T want to do. It's like going to school or work all morning, then enjoying the hour of lunch 4 hours later.

Z

On 4/13/2016 at 2:58 AM, Ghayatea said:

This is mmo about martial arts. Do you really expect to build your house and made up a farm with animals and vegetables to care off?

Without variety you have boredom.

If your game is nothing but sit here and kill respawns until your eyes bleed and your boss fires you for missing work so you can kill respawns, then you as a game developer have failed. And NC has been failing for over a decade. At this point I'm not even sure they remember how to make a game, even if they ever knew. They seem to know only how to make artwork and an infinite respawn killing simulator.

Archived