I like grind but...

SirNox

The grind in this game is literally just the same thing over and over again. Dungeons = fight mobs. Dailies = fight mobs. Level a new toon = fight mobs. PvP = fight more intelligent mobs. Other features are so broken or incomplete that I can't enjoy them, such as crafting and the story which I just ignore despite being interested because the voice acting and translation is just that bad. I knew this was themepark going in, but even GW2 and WoW has more variety. I really love the combat and world in this game and the PvP is interesting, but I feel like no matter where I am in the world I'm doing the same thing and that just really takes me out of the game not to mention it's boring.

This is coming from someone who usually likes grindy MMOs, but even those have different ways to grind and maps & dungeons are not the same thing copied & pasted with a new skin as with this game. This game hardly even has any grind spots, so I can't even get creative with how I fight mobs. I can only follow the single path the game has laid out for me. After playing for a few months there's just no enjoyment anymore, even though I am still very hyped for the game. Sitting here trying to convince myself to uninstall, but can't quite bring myself to yet. 

Not really sure what to do. Maybe some forum salt will convince me to press the button :x 

Surprised to see people agree with me on this subject. I expected replies with something along the lines of "well if you don't like the game why are you playing?" or something. Not sure whether I should be disappointed or relieved. 

Anyways, I did the deed... *ventures back into the outside word* Wow this game so good, such high graphics. 

Yeah I'm actually I bit confused. I was actually very happy with level 45 content despite it still being doing the same stuff each day. I'm not sure if it's due to me taking it easy or because I was always working towards upgrading my gear whereas now I'm just saving forever for one piece and so my attention is more focused on how repetitive it is. It's a big difference in opinion I've had in the game.

I find grind is annoying do to insane gold sinks more then anything else. In games like WoW or EQ its more or less about doing a dungeon for the right drop, and that drop is your upgrade. In BnS its more about a giant ass collection of a ton of items OH and then 100's of gold on top of that, its made worse when the MAIN ingrediant for most items is from PvP only. I LOVE this games lore, and its combat but that grind? its annoying as all sin, i just basically log in do a few dailys and slowly build up gold for the next upgrade... but its kind of a letdown... especially since i do enjoy the intense speed of combat, and all of the complexity it has. Iframes, and combos and all the CC combinations. Its interesting and fun!

But like most MMO's always that one thing that annoys the shit out of me... still its my go to mmo for the moment.

The grind isn't too bad on this game because most things can be bought with gold so you can really run whatever you like so long as you can earn enough gold from it but that would limit options some but not too much. I will say though that this game, although its combat is fun, that's mostly all it is, just combat. There's no proper 4man content and no 8man raids, instead we get mostly 6man dungeons which are typically really basic and not much to them but still fun. Many other MMOs provide more things to do inside of dungeons but also provide things like duos, 4man, 8man raids and some larger scale raids. The so called raids on bns would be things like nightshade but that's no more than a standard dungeon set up to resemble open world play.

I really like this game, it's fun but sometimes I think I only play because there are not any MMOs currently that I would want to play more since the ones I've played in the past, I left and have no intentions of returning to. Many MMOs stay online past their prime with a small population, making the game a shell of its former self and when we experience a game at its best, it's just hard to accept returning to it at its worst.

The grind in this game is difference from other games like Aion/lineage2 where I can just sit around a grinding spot (with friends or solo) and grind non-stop, tbh it's actually pretty interesting to watch my sexy toon in tights gather up mobs and spam flashy skills for hours....but in BnS....OMG the mob sniping.....the wait on boss to spawn...the wait for enough ppl to come and take down the boss during non-peak hours.....it's no fkin grind...its a fkin afk feast....and when im done afking....the boss is already dead....gg....continue to wait....or log off.......  ....   ...... welp...  ..  ....

The strongest point of this game is its combat system. If you like the combat and the feeling of power-up, you can ignore most of other shortcomings.

Its weakness is anything that are outside of combat. Crafting/Gathering is just an idle mobile game, nothing fancy and nothing to discover . Outfit collection is combat-gated and RNG-gated, and only strong/rich warriors has the right to be fashionable and pretty. Content is being rushed out to catch up with Korea as fast as possible for e-sport reason. The map is big and beautiful, but empty in-between quest hubs, and have nothing to explore.

4 minutes ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

The grind in this game is difference from other games like Aion/lineage2 where I can just sit around a grinding spot (with friends or solo) and grind non-stop, tbh it's actually pretty interesting to watch my sexy toon in tights gather up mobs and spam flashy skills for hours....but in BnS....OMG the mob sniping.....the wait on boss to spawn...the wait for enough ppl to come and take down the boss during non-peak hours.....it's no fkin grind...its a fkin afk feast....and when im done afking....the boss is already dead....gg....continue to wait....or log off.......  ....   ...... welp...  ..  ....

although I partly disagree with this statement, as I wouldn't say the grinds that much different in concept in other KR Sided MMOs, the idea behind his reasonings pretty spot on to the problems.

ALOT of the ingame content is Purely World boss or Dungeon based, bringing a very high Dungeon Demand, in my honest opinon, No evolution items should be in Group content, this because it is a MMORPG Yes, its intent is for a More social gaming experience, it doesn't appeal to western markets, we have ALOT of players who enjoy achieving their goals solo, and enforcing them to group.. or more importantly Repeatively run 1 dungeon on a RNG Chance of their weapon dropping will increase the likelihood they leave.

theres no REAL Solo pve in this game outside the Trash Dailies, but even then in the New end daily place and the one in the Orginal game, both enforced Masses of players to take down the bosses for the rewards to some of the dailies, which again locked players out who weren't on in peak hours or couldn't find the players to take them down, it gets boring because the Content is locked behind this thing.

to truly westernize this game, they need to take the RNG Out of the Weapon evolutions, farming mats etc etc provides ENOUGH grind for a Westernized market, theres no need to continuously badger them with repetition from level 20 throughout levelling process to get these weapons. add More Solo content, add Events that happen throughout the year for both a Solo andf group crowd. yes, this is a Korean MMO and it was obviously built to fit that crowd of players, but if NCSoft west want to Westernize this game Long term, they will need to look into getting More western content into the game..

Saying this.. i'd say the Continous loops of More and More content on a Monthly bases Introducing new upgrades and content faster then some players can get through current content, makes the grind More endless and Much more annoying, once we've caught up I think this problem will naturally fade away and as NCSoft will be able to relax from this Continous work on Releases I think we'll see more QoL Fixs etc etc.

10 hours ago, SirNox said:

The grind in this game is literally just the same thing over and over again. Dungeons = fight mobs. Dailies = fight mobs. Level a new toon = fight mobs. PvP = fight more intelligent mobs. Other features are so broken or incomplete that I can't enjoy them, such as crafting and the story which I just ignore despite being interested because the voice acting and translation is just that bad. I knew this was themepark going in, but even GW2 and WoW has more variety. I really love the combat and world in this game and the PvP is interesting, but I feel like no matter where I am in the world I'm doing the same thing and that just really takes me out of the game not to mention it's boring.

This is coming from someone who usually likes grindy MMOs, but even those have different ways to grind and maps & dungeons are not the same thing copied & pasted with a new skin as with this game. This game hardly even has any grind spots, so I can't even get creative with how I fight mobs. I can only follow the single path the game has laid out for me. After playing for a few months there's just no enjoyment anymore, even though I am still very hyped for the game. Sitting here trying to convince myself to uninstall, but can't quite bring myself to yet. 

Not really sure what to do. Maybe some forum salt will convince me to press the button :x 

Personally, i hate quests & dailies even more, i liked the MMO's where it took me half a year to maximum level, then when a new expansion came out that added 10 levels that took another few months to finish, you know where i am heading....EQ & EQII and if you don't know look em up.

Sadly, Wow changed all the MMO's to themeparks with dailies at its endgame routine, like hamsters on a wheel...

But when they make an mmo that really makes it a journey to level cap, people will *cricket* & moan about how long it takes to end level and quit...even BDO only takes a solid weekend to endgame and lo-and-behold what is there todo....grind

I think you misunderstand what most MMO's are about. It isn't about leveling or roleplaying, it is about endgame and getting maxed out gear. That's just the way it is. I'm certain there are other MMO's that have a real journey.. maybe check out GW2? It is very fast aswell but has a pretty long and cool story, which is unique to every race/class/choices you pick.

Honestly, I think leveling already takes too long. I'm just not the kind of player who likes any kind of leveling. The time it takes to level another character is time I lose on my main / time I lose on gearing up the new character.

2 hours ago, Purestic said:

Honestly, I think leveling already takes too long. I'm just not the kind of player who likes any kind of leveling. The time it takes to level another character is time I lose on my main / time I lose on gearing up the new character.

lvl'ing takes too long? that's not even it's final form. wait till we get 15 or 20 hongmoon lvl. forget about lvl'ing another class besides your main

3 minutes ago, Ginki said:

lvl'ing takes too long? that's not even it's final form. wait till we get 15 or 20 hongmoon lvl. forget about lvl'ing another class besides your main

I know. I'm not even speaking about HM levels. The normal levels are already taking too long for me.

25 minutes ago, Purestic said:

I know. I'm not even speaking about HM levels. The normal levels are already taking too long for me.

Goes to show you really don't know what 'too long' really can be for MMOs. Trust me, BnS is nowhere near as bad as it gets in terms of lvling.

HM lvls and gearing up, on the other hand... THESE can take too long, no denying that.

13 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Goes to show you really don't know what 'too long' really can be for MMOs. Trust me, BnS is nowhere near as bad as it gets in terms of lvling.

HM lvls and gearing up, on the other hand... THESE can take too long, no denying that.

I know and that's why I don't play these MMO's. I just don't like leveling and I think it's just there to delay real gameplay.

1 minute ago, Purestic said:

I know and that's why I don't play these MMO's. I just don't like leveling and I think it's just there to delay real gameplay.

I disagree. I think lvling is slowly getting you ready to the real gameplay rather than delaying it. It's another matter entirely if that progression is handled smoothly in BnS.

If you still think it's delaying, then games where lvls are tied to unlocking abilities and/or features required for, as you put it, real gameplay probably aren't for you, I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

I disagree. I think lvling is slowly getting you ready to the real gameplay rather than delaying it. It's another matter entirely if that progression is handled smoothly in BnS.

If you still think it's delaying, then games where lvls are tied to unlocking abilities and/or features required for, as you put it, real gameplay probably aren't for you, I'm afraid.

I understand your point and agree that leveling is probably a good thing for the majority of players. I wouldn't want to do endgame stuff with absolute beginners. For me though, I didn't really learn anything new while leveling. It was just a couple of boring hours I've spent doing the same thing over and over again without any kind of real reward except unlocking the absolute basics of your class. I mean, you do the same thing over and over again in endgame too but atleast it's kind of challenging and you get rewarded for doing it, may it be an upgrade or a new skin.. atleast it's something that "counts".

I don't know. I simply can't understand people who like leveling. Honestly, I would like to like it too. It's pretty stressful to rush through leveling content as I was doing it.

I couldn't play these asia MMO's with a level cap of 100 where you need to spend like a 1000h to even get from 70 to 71. That would be a game where I would seriously think about botting, but why should I even play it then.

I don't know how it's gonna get with HM15 and 20. I mean, the HM levels aren't really important at this point anymore.. I have all the skillpoints I need, more are just nice to have I guess. The PvE stats are something worth getting, though.. I think. I heard that we'll get HM-XP charms, I hope that makes it easier. Do you know anything about these charms?

Just now, Purestic said:

I don't know. I simply can't understand people who like leveling. Honestly, I would like to like it too. It's pretty stressful to rush through leveling content as I was doing it.

Yeah, that's the thing: I don't rush lvling. Well, at least not as hard as some do. I'll do dailies and progress with story quests (I rarely skip dialogue and cutscenes, BTW) when I got time while making sure I catch up gear-wise (if it's nothing too ludricous as it becomes starting with Siren), but that's about it for me. I can feel the progression when I get some key new skills and combat is decent enough to keep me invested, so it all works out by taking my time. I get my share of fun and accomplishment from the whole process in moderate doses.

Rushing things is just an easy way to burning oneself out and getting bored quicker. It's frankly a self-defeating and less fun method to play games like this if you don't pace yourself properly and instead treat it like a rat race. Slow and steady seems to be the less frustrating of the two methods IMO.

this game to me feels like work, so much grinding and dailies it get bored after a while I only got like 4hr to play on weekdays and by the time I finish dailies already time for work. can't really enjoy much. crafting is shit takes 1-2days just for one item, pretty the only other way to make money if u don't want to do dailies every single day but dang time require for one item to finish crafting takes forever. almost everything in this game is a turn off for me nowadays I just log in to go afk and look at the scenery in game.

Archived