Low FPS/Stutter Fix (Nvidia)

Archess

3 minutes ago, MsPeepers said:

As far as the Nvidia vs. AMD gpu question (assuming BnS can utilize it):

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/mantle

This may be why we hear nary a peep out of folks using newer AMD cards.

There is no way BnS is written to take advantage of Mantle. The engine is too old. You can actually see on that site the few supported games.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

There is no way BnS is written to take advantage of Mantle. The engine is too old. You can actually see on that site the few supported games.

I was only putting it forth as a possible reason, not quoting it as gospel. Also, just because an engine is old doesn't mean it can't be modified. However unlikely you think it is it is still possible (however remotely).

I myself was suffering from terrible FPS lag and stutters ever since Gameguard got turned back on. SSP and Harvest were literally a nightmare. i would have to turn on "Optimize for Low End PC" just to not crash or be frozen the entire time.

Tried contacting support multiple times which did nothing. Today I decided out of no where to download Windows 10 because of the free upgrade, as I heard it runs BNS better than what my current windows version was. After upgrading 10 a while ago I just finished doing harvest. I was able to do Harvest at 25-35 FPS with "Combat Optimization" turned on with no freezes or stutters and was able to get all boss loot with ease.

I was using 8.1 before I upgraded. By my own personal opinion if you are using 8.1 upgrade to 10. It is a huge improvement in performance.

Hope it helps someone.

1 hour ago, Biscuit Krueger said:

I myself was suffering from terrible FPS lag and stutters ever since Gameguard got turned back on. SSP and Harvest were literally a nightmare. i would have to turn on "Optimize for Low End PC" just to not crash or be frozen the entire time.

Tried contacting support multiple times which did nothing. Today I decided out of no where to download Windows 10 because of the free upgrade, as I heard it runs BNS better than what my current windows version was. After upgrading 10 a while ago I just finished doing harvest. I was able to do Harvest at 25-35 FPS with "Combat Optimization" turned on with no freezes or stutters and was able to get all boss loot with ease.

I was using 8.1 before I upgraded. By my own personal opinion if you are using 8.1 upgrade to 10. It is a huge improvement in performance.

Hope it helps someone.

AMEN! Windows 10 is a lovely gaming platform

1 hour ago, OneYouHate said:

AMEN! Windows 10 is a lovely gaming platform

Yeah Windows 10 is meant to have a quite a few background optimizations that depending on the title could make a difference in some games and apps. Everyone should get the free upgrade while they still can.

9 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Yeah Windows 10 is meant to have a quite a few background optimizations that depending on the title could make a difference in some games and apps. Everyone should get the free upgrade while they still can.

Nice I can do the upgrade too from 8.1 can someone plz confirm if upgrading to Windows 10 makes the fps better on sap and ghs

22 minutes ago, GlowLight said:

windows 7 have the best performance, 10 is pretty bad and unstable imho.

That would depend on the age of your computer's parts... DX 12 alone makes it worth the upgrade, I have never had a stability issue running Windows 10 Pro. IMHO Windows 7 has to many vulnerabilities in it, risking not only personal information, but any game/email and social account information isn't worth the risk if your machine can run Windows 10 you should be doing it. 10 uses less resources and operates using less system processes, so many advantages are presented not to take advantage of it. 

11 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

That would depend on the age of your computer's parts... DX 12 alone makes it worth the upgrade, I have never had a stability issue running Windows 10 Pro. IMHO Windows 7 has to many vulnerabilities in it, risking not only personal information, but any game/email and social account information isn't worth the risk if your machine can run Windows 10 you should be doing it. 10 uses less resources and operates using less system processes, so many advantages are presented not to take advantage of it. 

im sure the privacy issues windows 10 have is worth the risk

ill leave this here since it it more likely to help those that are having stuttering or freezing issues. since the freezing and stuttering in large fighs are either the CPU being pined at 100% and not getting new instructions till the old ones are finished or you have your gpu switching power states.

and if you are a SLI user stuttering just press alt and tab at the same time untill the screen goes black  for a moment and you will be in true fullscreen mode and sli will be enabled and you wont have a micro stutter every other frame.

Im using a laptop that used to be considered gaming laptop before 4 years and usually its still going pretty okay for its age. Recently i had to change my HDD (got mad hitted the keyboard and broke the HDD :D). I bought a brand new SSD and HDD, my original harddrive was 5400rpm and now the HDD im running is still 5400rpm. I installed windows on the HDD and Bns on my SSD now i have no problem at all the fps stays between 20-25 in crowded areas and when im doing solo in dung or arena its around 50 all the time. I would suggest if you can afford getting an ssd even 120gb one get it its huge improvement and if you cant well then if u are using win 7 disable everything about the themes get the windows 95 look and the fps will rise a bit. Keep your games (if possible) on separe HDD not where the windows is installed. Im sorry for my english im using my phone now!

17 hours ago, Sudako said:

ill leave this here since it it more likely to help those that are having stuttering or freezing issues. since the freezing and stuttering in large fighs are either the CPU being pined at 100% and not getting new instructions till the old ones are finished or you have your gpu switching power states.

and if you are a SLI user stuttering just press alt and tab at the same time untill the screen goes black  for a moment and you will be in true fullscreen mode and sli will be enabled and you wont have a micro stutter every other frame.

SLI doesn't work properly in full screen mode either. I have two GTX 970s which I need for some games because I play at 1440P. If you watch the gpu usage after alt - tab the second card never gets it's fair share of the load.

would you like to see SLI working properly in true fullscreen mode not the fullscreen windowed mode that BnS uses?

1 hour ago, GreenDestiny said:

SLI doesn't work properly in full screen mode either. I have two GTX 970s which I need for some games because I play at 1440P. If you watch the gpu usage after alt - tab the second card never gets it's fair share of the load.

uhRF25W.jpg

http://imgur.com/uhRF25W

r6rOBUx.png

nope sli does not see  identical load across both cards in the care of blade and soul we only get 20% load on the second card in the case of 980 ti's

16 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Unless I am misreading your charts the first GPU is receiving far more of the load than the second. If SLI is working as it should the gpu usage would be identical between them.

5 hours ago, Sudako said:

nope sli does not see  identical load across both cards in the care of blade and soul we only get 20% load on the second card in the case of 980 ti's

5 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

either taking some of the workload off of the primary card or sitting @ idle it looks to me it is very much working.....

That is why it is not working! SLI is meant to split the load 50/50. Nvidia needs to provide a specific profile for this game. It is better to use one card at max load until they fix this if they ever do.

3 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

That is why it is not working! SLI is meant to split the load 50/50. Nvidia needs to provide a specific profile for this game. It is better to use one card at max load until they fix this if they ever do.

Since you want to see perfect scaling  here you go  i took this tonight still by the same method listed in my in my tips and tricks

if any one else would like help they are welcome to it. Green you can keep telling yourself something doesnt work over and over for all i care any more.

i spent almost all of my sunday helping people if you want help as well you can have it but you are going to have to be open to trying and a bit of effort

I don't know what's causing low fps and the "feeling" of low fps even when you have over 60, but it's annoying as hell. One day the game works fine, next day it's barely playable. Same dungeon, same people in the party... I mean seriously, why does my fps drop by half from one day to the other ?

Then something very mysterious that I still can't understand is why does the game show 60-80 fps, but it feels like playing at 20 ? It's even hard for me to explain.

I guess there's only one explanation: spaghetti code.

It's very sad that the only ones able to use the graphics engine properly is the engine developers themselves...

Archived