Top Dps class?

Current content:

FM > SIN if boss doesn't get tanked by a KFM/BM and you have to either deal with aggroswitches or kiting FMs. 

SIN > FM if boss gets tanked properly.

Otherwise you can see the correct dps charts above anyway. 

Little sidenote:

SIN is only top dps if you can play it correctly and since its difficulty is very hard most ppl won't be top dps with sin ever. 

4 hours ago, GreenOwl said:

cat>FM>BM>SIN>DM>BD>WL>KFM.

Dat bullshit chart though... 

2 hours ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

srsly these random ppl without a single idea of how the dps mechanic works here are just so funny.....all you are considering is the skill amp%..... if thats true then FM beats Sin by far. This isn't just about skill amp%, flicker T4F3 has almost twice the atk spd as H.Stab, and go check out the skill amp of flametongue + LunarSlash T3F1 which are spammable every 2 and 4sec respectively, itll make sin's skill amp look like feces. The only reason SIN has good dps is NOT because of the skill amp, rather its the spammable HStab/D.Strike.

And lol....BnS isnt your average tank/dps/heal MMOrpg, BM/KFM CAN tank, but they dont follow the rule of having high def and low dps.....when can ppl realize this top dps garbage.... 

This is BnS, where every class has DPS potential.....

BnS isn't your average MMO, yes, we understand that, but regardless a role that is primarily a tank will not have as much dps potential as primary dps classes. It's simple to understand. I have a BM and SIN both lvl 50, but my SIN blows my BM's dps out of water. It's not even a competition. One of the main reasons being is that a BM's biggest DPS comes in bursts with their V>V>X>4>RMB>LMB rotation and then significantly drops after the chi regen wears off, and then you have to worry about chi management and can't ani-cancel effectively. Whereas, Sins can consistently pump out their max dps moves without worrying too much on chi regen, and their ani-cancels actually generates chi and deals more damage. But the drawback with SIN is that they do not have a spammable/reliable block so their survivability is low compared to a BMs, hence why SINs are horrible tanks. 

If there was class equivalance since BnS isn't your average tank/dps/heal MMOrpg, a SIN could tank like a BM, A BM could dps like a SIN/FM, a KFM could heal like a SUMM, etc, but that's obviously not the case. 

3 hours ago, Shiune said:

Current content:

FM > SIN if boss doesn't get tanked by a KFM/BM and you have to either deal with aggroswitches or kiting FMs. 

SIN > FM if boss gets tanked properly.

Otherwise you can see the correct dps charts above anyway. 

Little sidenote:

SIN is only top dps if you can play it correctly and since its difficulty is very hard most ppl won't be top dps with sin ever. 

Dat bullshit chart though... 

Maybe sin has the upper hand in single target dps when a BM or KFM is tanking, but each time i am running somewhere and i see a Sin's with a single mob while inviss to complete his quests and i just gather 10+ of them and kill them in 2-3 hits regardless of numbers, i chuckle a little inside.

Sin-cerely, your KFM tank.

11 minutes ago, Archess said:

Maybe sin has the upper hand in single target dps when a BM or KFM is tanking, but each time i am running somewhere and i see a Sin's with a single mob while inviss to complete his quests and i just gather 10+ of them and kill them in 2-3 hits regardless of numbers, i chuckle a little inside.

Sin-cerely, your KFM tank.

Well yeah we aren't the best aoe class out there thanks for pointing out the obvious... o.O 

Though we actually have 1 aoe combo which deals a massive amount of damage in a very short time (most probably the fastest aoe combo with the biggest damage of all classes together). 

Though it is on minimum 45sec CD. 

Also endgame PvE is all about single target dps anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Shiune said:

Well yeah we aren't the best aoe class out there thanks for pointing out the obvious... o.O 

Though we actually have 1 aoe combo which deals a massive amount of damage in a very short time (most probably the fastest aoe combo with the biggest damage of all classes together). 

Though it is on minimum 45sec CD. 

Also endgame PvE is all about single target dps anyway. 

Just tought idd point that out for you :p

Still idd rather take a FM / SMN over an assasin "if" i needed to choose, most Sin's are the ones that run inviss through the entire dungeon and wait, till we are all caught up, adding 0% damage to the group effort along the way or speeding it up to get there, for a few seconds of extra dps on the last boss and then some go and die on us, like dead assasins add dps or something.

Whereas FM's & SMN's can deal loads of dps while being practically braindead nor do they need to know almost nothing of the mechanics to make it through alive.

1 minute ago, Archess said:

Just tought idd point that out for you :p

Still idd rather take a FM / SMN over an assasin "if" i needed to choose, most Sin's are the ones that run inviss through the entire dungeon and wait, till we are all caught up, adding 0% damage to the group effort along the way or speeding it up to get there, for a few seconds of extra dps on the last boss and then some go and die on us, like dead assasins add dps or something.

Whereas FM's & SMN's can deal loads of dps while being practically braindead nor do they need to know almost nothing of the mechanics to make it through alive.

All about preference... 

Though in the current content there is nothing better than having a good assassin in Avalanche Den and Awakened Necropolis with you. 

Avalanche Den: Clearing the way thru the minibosses is the fastest if an assassin goes thru it. 

Also it can solo the 2nd boss in no time while the rest of the group can chill and ignore the adds. 

Awakened necropolis: No class can deal as easy with the minibosses on the 3 thingys(forgot their names) as an assassin.

But whatever it doesn't matter let's finish this topic - it's all about preference.  

5 minutes ago, Shiune said:

All about preference... 

Though in the current content there is nothing better than having a good assassin in Avalanche Den and Awakened Necropolis with you. 

Avalanche Den: Clearing the way thru the minibosses is the fastest if an assassin goes thru it. 

Also it can solo the 2nd boss in no time while the rest of the group can chill and ignore the adds. 

Awakened necropolis: No class can deal as easy with the minibosses on the 3 thingys(forgot their names) as an assassin.

But whatever it doesn't matter let's finish this topic - it's all about preference.  

Its true, its all about prefered group composition, as i am not perfect and my framerate isnt either, a good or bad SMN can help me stay alive when i screw up or a FM can just kite it around when i cannot recover from a freeze frame of 5 seconds etc etc ...

But i once had 2 assasins in Awakened Necropolis and they insisted to go together to the same camp, they kept wiping....so it also depends allot on the quality of the player, same with KFM put someone braindead guy behind it and it will perform really really bad, so betting on a class todo well where the player does not have to be really good is what i sometimes prefer.

And lets face it, if yeti dies with 16 seconds left or 2 minutes is not going to matter much for your daily completion, now if you are running it all day you are going togo in with a dedicated party anyways and you know those people are good at their class.

9 hours ago, kaisersozeeee said:

Just started playing FM.. Level 10 now. So he can have 2 builds fire and ice? Sorry but i have never played Bns before :D

Yes, you can alternate between them. I wouldn't worry too much about optimal DPS for now, which fire build provides. It's really not that important when lvling. Besides, you're pretty hard-pressed for skill points early on anyway, so you should alternate between damage and survivability. As a FM, you'll be mostly doing LMB/RMB spam + F when available for extra DPS. You'll hardly ever have to do much else early on because it's either unneeded or inefficient.

Also, once you're able to distribute points to the skills, make Frost Fury your top priority so you have a skill that can heal you (at least Tier 2 Form 3, but aim for Tier 3 Form 3 so you can take advantage of critical procs), then spec your LMB and RMB however you wish and Backstep to T1F1 to let you move a greater distance for a shorter cooldown. That's the more basic stuff I consider a must. From there, it's pretty much preference.

Really, it's not until lvl 30+ that FM REALLY becomes versatile with extra evasives and healing options, plus you'll also have more skill points to spare so you can get started on the fire/ice builds for real, with more variety to your skill rotation. Speaking as someone who made FM recently, currently at lvl 31. You may feel FM is a bit too one-note early on but trust me, it gets better.

8 hours ago, Archess said:

I did qualify that as single-target, to be clear. Assassin has pretty terrible AoE DPS all told. If you want AoE builds, you'll have to consider BDs and Shadow Destroyers as solid performers, which is weird.

First i want to thank you all for recommending fm. Realy loving playing fm <3

can someone pls guide me a frost/ice build? Few guides i have found are outdated or fire build. 

12 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Yes, you can alternate between them. I wouldn't worry too much about optimal DPS for now, which fire build provides. It's really not that important when lvling. Besides, you're pretty hard-pressed for skill points early on anyway, so you should alternate between damage and survivability. As a FM, you'll be mostly doing LMB/RMB spam + F when available for extra DPS. You'll hardly ever have to do much else early on because it's either unneeded or inefficient.

Also, once you're able to distribute points to the skills, make Frost Fury your top priority so you have a skill that can heal you (at least Tier 2 Form 3, but aim for Tier 3 Form 3 so you can take advantage of critical procs), then spec your LMB and RMB however you wish and Backstep to T1F1 to let you move a greater distance for a shorter cooldown. That's the more basic stuff I consider a must. From there, it's pretty much preference.

Really, it's not until lvl 30+ that FM REALLY becomes versatile with extra evasives and healing options, plus you'll also have more skill points to spare so you can get started on the fire/ice builds for real, with more variety to your skill rotation. Speaking as someone who made FM recently, currently at lvl 31. You may feel FM is a bit too one-note early on but trust me, it gets better.

you are right my friend.. I played sin and summoner lvl 26 both but i liked fm most.. Even at low level i feel like i'm doing better than sin and summoner. Maybe they don't suite my playstyle. 

Archived