Top Dps class?

Single-target, poison / dark strike Assassin. AoE, FM. Basically, if you want overall single-target DPS, follow this order:

SIN > FM > SUM > WL (depending on how you shade Soulburn value) > BD > DES > KFM > BM.

In terms of how your offense benefits your team, though, you'll find Warlock's Soulburn as well as Destro and BD grabs doing more than their fair share. You can't necessarily break it down into just raw DPS all the time. IMO, I would build ideal 4-player group against a static melee boss with KFM tank / WL support / Sin DPS / Des grab. However, certain mechanics may make it better to run other classes. A theoretical boss with lots of PBAoE while immune plus multi-hit attack spam, you might run WL/BD/FM/BM instead. The DPS would be slightly lower from a theoretical standpoint, but in practice, if you can't keep attacking, you're not doing any damage at all.

@HUnewearl has the correct answer. I have a SIN and FM at lv50 but I chose SIN to main since for me a melee class is way more fun to use. I currently have 476 AP on my SIN and i can do about 11-12k dmg/second (crit x 2 hits) while in stealth in dark build, and about 18-19k dmg/second (crit x 2 hits) with my buff. And keeping poison on deals a lot of DOT. 

SIN for melee

FM for ranged

But really, just play the class you have the most fun with. Watch some youtube videos to make your decision. 

2 minutes ago, Meiling said:

This is more of a preference for me, in a 4 man group, I would take an FM over a sin. I can get the same buff from a KFM that would tank.

Fighting Spirit can be alternated between two characters. Resistance lasts 45 seconds, cooldown is 90 seconds. More than 2 with Fighting Spirit is a waste.

18 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

Fighting Spirit can be alternated between two characters. Resistance lasts 45 seconds, cooldown is 90 seconds. More than 2 with Fighting Spirit is a waste.

I'm well aware of that. However, I prefer to have a KFM, sum, FM and WL. I rather have just 1 buff with a summoner than 2 with no summoner. Like I said, it's a preference and I just rather not have an assassin in a 4 man group.

Play what you like. Ignore all the hype on a class because it does 2% more dps than anther (etc).  You will get more stuff done on a FM ESPECIALLY in SSP though so take that into account before you pick purely on "Top DPS" A person who KNOWS his class will help more than someone who just rolls because "Top DPS kappa"

9 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

Single-target, poison / dark strike Assassin. AoE, FM. Basically, if you want overall single-target DPS, follow this order:

SIN > FM > SUM > WL (depending on how you shade Soulburn value) > BD > DES > KFM > BM.

In terms of how your offense benefits your team, though, you'll find Warlock's Soulburn as well as Destro and BD grabs doing more than their fair share. You can't necessarily break it down into just raw DPS all the time. IMO, I would build ideal 4-player group against a static melee boss with KFM tank / WL support / Sin DPS / Des grab. However, certain mechanics may make it better to run other classes. A theoretical boss with lots of PBAoE while immune plus multi-hit attack spam, you might run WL/BD/FM/BM instead. The DPS would be slightly lower from a theoretical standpoint, but in practice, if you can't keep attacking, you're not doing any damage at all.

Have you even played BM with the improved skills from the lv50 patch? With the build: [Flicker T4F3], [Lunar Slash T3F1], [Honed Slash T2F3], you do realize that with the correct rotation this build gives BM perma Focus and Spammable Flicker right?

Its such a joke to see ppl who doesn't even understand the basic build for each class giving others random garbage insights....

All in all, there is NO WAY to say for certain which class has the highest dps unless we have dps meter dummies like those in GuildWars.

i'd *assume*, since the Lv50 patch, every class has the same dps potential with little discrepancy.

7 minutes ago, kv2004 said:

there is difference between dps on dummy or on boss.

for dummy maybe it is sin or other melee class but for boss it is 100% fm.

Just started playing FM.. Level 10 now. So he can have 2 builds fire and ice? Sorry but i have never played Bns before :D

1 hour ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

Have you even played BM with the improved skills from the lv50 patch? With the build: [Flicker T4F3], [Lunar Slash T3F1], [Honed Slash T2F3], you do realize that with the correct rotation this build gives BM perma Focus and Spammable Flicker right?

Its such a joke to see ppl who doesn't even understand the basic build for each class giving others random garbage insights....

All in all, there is NO WAY to say for certain which class has the highest dps unless we have dps meter dummies like those in GuildWars.

i'd *assume*, since the Lv50 patch, every class has the same dps potential with little discrepancy.

I don't think you realize how high the multipliers are on Assassin attacks. Dark Strike is 9x, Heart Stab is 5x. Flicker is 3x.

The game is balanced around their combat roles. KFM is a tank, not a DPS, and therefore does less damage than a class which cannot tank so that the two are balanced. I suggest you get out and try more than one character before you run around spewing vitriol.

1 hour ago, kaisersozeeee said:

Just started playing FM.. Level 10 now. So he can have 2 builds fire and ice? Sorry but i have never played Bns before :D

You can change your skill build any time you are not in combat.

1 hour ago, HUnewearl said:

I don't think you realize how high the multipliers are on Assassin attacks. Dark Strike is 9x, Heart Stab is 5x. Flicker is 3x.

The game is balanced around their combat roles. KFM is a tank, not a DPS, and therefore does less damage than a class which cannot tank so that the two are balanced. I suggest you get out and try more than one character before you run around spewing vitriol.

You can change your skill build any time you are not in combat.

srsly these random ppl without a single idea of how the dps mechanic works here are just so funny.....all you are considering is the skill amp%..... if thats true then FM beats Sin by far. This isn't just about skill amp%, flicker T4F3 has almost twice the atk spd as H.Stab, and go check out the skill amp of flametongue + LunarSlash T3F1 which are spammable every 2 and 4sec respectively, itll make sin's skill amp look like feces. The only reason SIN has good dps is NOT because of the skill amp, rather its the spammable HStab/D.Strike.

And lol....BnS isnt your average tank/dps/heal MMOrpg, BM/KFM CAN tank, but they dont follow the rule of having high def and low dps.....when can ppl realize this top dps garbage.... 

This is BnS, where every class has DPS potential.....

Twice the atk speed of Heart Stab? I don't think so, as Heart Stab is instant when in stealth/with 5 poison stacks/HM skill.

With HM you can even spam Heart Stab without poison/stealth.

With perfect rotations and same stats, BM will never do more damage than a Sin. When Sins get their Flower-HM Skill, which almost doubles their damage during that buff, there is just no chance at all that BM can even get close to Sin-DPS.

Archived