NCsoft Gold Market failure

Arc1s

I know theres supply and demand so my concern isnt regarding "low rates" however its that rates arent matched for the amounts of gold we put on the market and this is causing the gold selling market to be flooded with hundreds of listings at 1gold.

This is the problem - you let us list at 1g for 40hmcoins (fine) but when you sell upwards of 5g at a time the conversion rate ends up being 1:45 at the lowest possible allowed listing. Meaning ppl are flooding the market with 1g listings that are 1:40 to sell their gold faster.

Please let us match ratio amounts for larger sums of gold. Im sure people who buy gold would also not like to click 20-50 times for best value.

this is a serious problem since yesterday -.-

atm it is impossible to buy or sell some hongmooncoins from the market cause the 1 million 1:29 bids from bots or whatever.

please do something about this bullshit :(

greetings 

I wish they would adopt the Gem-Gold exchange that Guild Wars 2 employs. The rates go up and down depending on how much the population exchanges - we don't actually have to list gold or buy from other players... The system does it for you and keeps a relatively stable currency exchange system.

I think the HM coins to gold exchange should be made static in order to fight the gold selling, GW2 system means that when more people buy gold the the price rise, A system like this will only encourage players to buy more gold for less money from gold sellers. In my opinion the price of the HM gold exchange should be roughly 75% -50% of the gold sellers price.

well the market gold exchange market blew up after the event started cause so many people didnt prepare for it before and decided to flood the exchange market thus making the rate from gold to hm coins go down by alot and the amount of people selling gold now doesnt match the amount of people wanting to buy gold. its that simple. its not the failure of ncsoft this time its cause people are stupid and not preparing for events like this before they are released and thus *cricket*ing up the market.

It becomes a failing of NCSoft the moment it reaches community wide problems: Obviously in a game people will rarely prepare beforehand for an event, and if the result is that a function of the game effectively locks up and a shadow market develops then there was same mistaken thinking going on their part when they designed the event parameters.

A lot would improve if the Currency exchange would adapt quickly enough: I hear the shadow market trades coin to gold at 10:1 at the moment, But the Currency exchange cannot adjust to that, because the constraints are recalculated based on actual sales happening. But since the prices are not fitting to market, no transactions take place so there's no adjustment. :(

There was actually a problem when the new costumes came out. It continued when the new content was announced.

Also, theres not much that can be prepared for when they tell you only 2 days ahead of time that stuff is coming to market.

The gold market is failing and it is their fault for the reasons above. I cant even filter listings to show the largest pile of gold for sale to the snallest.

When u click it, all it says is 1g for X hongmoon coins. There's like infinite listings clogging it up at all times and it's ridiculous.

You can filter it by gold amount, e.g. 5-1000 instead of 1-1000. That will get rid of the 8 pages of 1 gold stacks.

Seems the 1-gold-is-always-cheapest twist has been corrected since yesterday noon, so now we just need a slightly faster  adjustment of rates and things become viable again. ^_^

Is stupid.... now is 1:30 but u cannot put offer for more than 1 Gold cuz minimun price  is not 30 anymore is 32, so ur offer is totally knockdown under  like 5 pages of 1:30 offers... and even if u put offer 1 by 1 until u get the amount you need is useless cuz next day will be even cheaper than that... this need a serious stop and put some hard min-max prices or somethin or this going to be the start fo the end.... Im quite sure all that offer 1:30 right now are most bots.... which are working to make this happen make the price go gown and gown everyday....

^yep i saw that, its just driving it down and the gold market is completely useless now. NCSOFT, i know you read user posts. One of your systems is broken and this is ridiculous. At least respond to your community here. having 100's of 1gold selling posts cant be how you envisioned this to work.

Also for the hell of it i tried to sell 3 1 stacks of gold like that, it didnt sell. So it really is completely broken.

Archived