Animation cancelling

LuxMaxima

Hello fellow assassins. I just made an assassin and so far am having fun. One question regarding animation cancelling, is it just RMB+F for maximum dps? (discounting the other skills we need to keep chi up etc.) I'm not sure as to where the problem lies because  I cannot seem to do it as fast as the videos that I'm watching. It could be  1) Still a noob or 2) latency issues which I'm not entirely sure how to check. Any input would be great, thank you.

First of all RB+F actually is no real animation canceling because you aren't really canceling an animation - you are just spaming 2 skills which have close to 0 animation.

But that's just for your clarity and I have absolutely no problem with sins calling RB+F animation canceling (even i do so). 

Real animation canceling for sins is RB+LMB though. 

An example of real anicanceling: 

About your problem:

Are you RB+Fing sith Lightning Pierce or Lightning Crash? (pierce is if you put 2 points in it). 

Because the lighting pierce animation is slower than the lightning crash animation... but it does more damage. 

Maybe this is your problem. 

Or like you said already you are still a noob and need to practice it. 

And last but not least the ping:

If your ping is not low enough (i'd say around 1-70) your execution is much lower too. 

Where do you live and on which server are you playing? 

You can see your ingame ping with WTFast (ping booster program) for example. 

I definitely notice a difference in how fast I can rb-f if I don't cancel rb's animation time with f and f with rb. Try just spamming rb, and you will see that in order to cast the next rb you will have to complete the entire rb animation. It becomes quite slow. 

6 hours ago, Shiune said:

That's actually me and i'm not using any macros at all^^

How do you anicancel Dark Strike? I used to anicancel with RMB R before Dark Strike since it was WAY faster than with LMB RMB, but I can't manage to anicancel with RMB R F. RMB LMB F is just too slow, any tips?

LMB+RMB anicanceling is better done by replacing LMB with R. I started doing it recently as a Destroyer and, believe me, it does get results: it's a lot easier to pull off than with just the mouse alone. Something about buffer/input time differences between keyboard and mouse, I forgot the technical details, but suffice to say using R instead of LMB is more responsive. Including F is merely a fact of using another finger to press F, I'd say, so try that.

On the flip side, it does strain your left hand more quickly (or whichever one you use to press R :P), so I highly recommend taking a 5-10 minute break for hand+wrist exercises for every 60 minutes of playtime. You don't want to have them sore for days, trust me.

Take it from someone who REALLY hates the concept of anicanceling being a necessity to improve DPS.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

LMB+RMB anicanceling is better done by replacing LMB with R. I started doing it recently as a Destroyer and, believe me, it does get results: it's a lot easier to pull off than with just the mouse alone. Something about buffer/input time differences between keyboard and mouse, I forgot the technical details, but suffice to say using R instead of LMB is more responsive. Including F is merely a fact of using another finger to press F, I'd say, so try that.

On the flip side, it does strain your left hand more quickly (or whichever one you use to press R :P), so I highly recommend taking a 5-10 minute break for hand+wrist exercises for every 60 minutes of playtime. You don't want to have them sore for days, trust me.

Take it from someone who REALLY hates the concept of anicanceling being a necessity to improve DPS.

Yeah, but if you press R and F you're not really able to move anymore with WASD, are you?

1 hour ago, Purestic said:

Yeah, but if you press R and F you're not really able to move anymore with WASD, are you?

If you are to move, chances are you won't be anicanceling anyway. Gotta know when to stop it to move around (usually with Hurricane as a Destroyer to move a bit faster while also dealing some damage) to resume anicanceling. It's a constant back and forth between both things to compromise between dealing damage and not dying. You really want to avoid the latter so you can keep doing the former, otherwise you become a deadweight holding other party members back.

Again, speaking as a Destroyer. I'm presuming it's a similar deal with Assassin.

17 hours ago, Purestic said:

How do you anicancel Dark Strike? I used to anicancel with RMB R before Dark Strike since it was WAY faster than with LMB RMB, but I can't manage to anicancel with RMB R F. RMB LMB F is just too slow, any tips?

I am actually anicanceling with my LMB and not with R.

I'm doing my complete rotation with my mouse. RMB+LMB normally and F with my left sidebutton in the mouse. 

Was never a fan of anicanceling with R - especially because I do very good with my mouse. 

Archived