Blade & Soul User Agreement and Website Terms of Use: Conflict?

Elliot

A friend messaged me and asked if he could try playing a level 50 summoner for a bit on my account. I told him I'd check the TOS and let him know tomorrow. While reading the legal documentation, I found some conflicting information and would like to clarify before allowing or denying my friend's request.

First, the articles in question in their entirety:

Blade & Soul User Agreement

Website Terms of Use

Now, the specifics.

From the B&S User Agreement page, I noticed this stipulation (I will refer to this as Image A):

kxAmsru.png

From the Website Terms of Use page, I noticed this seemingly conflicting statement (I will refer to this as Image B):

vGTDKzZ.png

Image B seems to imply that we can share accounts as long as we have "the express permission and consent of the holder of that user name, password or account." The only warning it gives is simply that "NCSOFT cannot and will not be liable for" anything in that scenario.

Image A, however, is extremely clear that "each account may only be used by one person."

Considering that the account is the same across the website and B&S, this seems like rather conflicting information.

Would a representative of B&S please clarify the details on these prohibitions and their conditions?

I ask because I play with my significant other and my real-life friends and would like to check if letting a friend or a loved one play on my account in the future would be considered a violation of the User Agreement. If so, then it simply won't happen.

Thank you for your time.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

Account sharing is a serious violation of the User Agreement, and will lead to the account in question being closed entirely.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation for you.

As I understand it, that's also not technically allowed, though there's no way to verify it one way or another. Still, I'll hedge my bets on this and tell him to level his own summoner, given the waves after waves of people complaining about banned accounts for [insert reason here].

Thanks for the suggestion, though! Sorry I won't use it!

20 minutes ago, Elliot said:

As I understand it, that's also not technically allowed, though there's no way to verify it one way or another. Still, I'll hedge my bets on this and tell him to level his own summoner, given the waves after waves of people complaining about banned accounts for [insert reason here].

Thanks for the suggestion, though! Sorry I won't use it!

Its a summoner, they are op and easy. Its a no brainer to tell him / her to just level one. If he / she doesnt like it, they will still have a excellent farm character for ssp.

5 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Account sharing is a serious violation of the User Agreement, and will lead to the account in question being closed entirely.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation for you.

Hello Lock6,

Here is a tweet from Blade and soul Ops that says otherwise... Your policy on this is very confusing. So account cant even be shared between family members/significant others? And by shared I do not mean multiple people playing on the same account on a daily basis.. I'm talking about things like being away from the computer for a while and having the other person do certain daily or put up stuff on marketplace or little things like that while you are unable to access the computer.

Realistically you cannot be banned for logging in from a different IP or computer hardware ID. You can be accessing your account from a lounge, or school, work, et cetera and it will always be different. 

You'll be fine. It's standard moderation to give you an up front

"We do not allow it" to prevent any repurcussions that may follow from potentially being hacked later down the line. 

Archived