PLEASE allow us to boot bots and non-actives from groups

lilblaster

I've been doing a ton of cross server dungeons. A month ago, I didn't have too many issues with it. Lately, however, I've been seeing people who join the group, then just sit at the zone entrance, or, in the case of Naryu Lab., they sit at the entrance until it's cleared, then zone over to the next area and sit at the entrance to that area, and so on. They don't participate, and are basically ruining the experience for the rest of the group. Anyone who has done the Yeti knows how often the average cross server group works with only five people participating, especially when you see the profane weaponed 270 attack power join up expecting to be carried through. It doesn't succeed very often. Just today I have attempted to do the Avalanche Den several times, but half way through the zone the group has had to disband because there's someone not participating and just sitting at the zone in not responding to anyone's chat. It's getting old. I think that a change needs be made to allow the group to vote a person out who isn't just in offline status. We should be able to, as a group, kick anyone the majority of the group decides is a non-participating member, whether in offline status or not.

IMHO .

Leader party Open Vote , members vote . This Should be RESPECTED!

If ppl are AFK , Bot , bathroom or anything else ! If the vote says "OUT" this should be respected by System .

[ ]´s

Wasrriorhawk

But there is a vote kick.....

It's on the more tab when you click on the player name from the party list. My only gripe with it is when people DON'T  vote when you ask :)

As in a member DC'd and someone doesn't vote kick you're stuck with em. My experience with it though seems to be people not knowing how to do it.

But what if the group kick a person simply for the fun of kicking them? Or when they won a drop that another member wanted and he goes to vote kick? What people who run that dungeon for the first time and ask the group for directions or what he needs to do. Instead of educating him or giving him the advice the group decides to kick him?

I can see it can be and will be abuse if the vote kick option is there.

5 minutes ago, spongemike said:

But what if the group kick a person simply for the fun of kicking them? Or when they won a drop that another member wanted and he goes to vote kick? What people who run that dungeon for the first time and ask the group for directions or what he needs to do. Instead of educating him or giving him the advice the group decides to kick him?

Would much rather deal with bots then this.

They should implement something like this but only possible after the player to be kicked has been inactive (hasnt attacked any mobs) for x mins for example. I've seen the vote to kick system being abused countless of times, on other mmos..

While I do agree that we should be able to kick inactive players and bots from groups who just leech. Giving that option to us also enables elitist players to unreasonably kick fellow players who are well geared enough for dungeons, but only want people who have 490+ AP as though it is a necessity for every person to have that in order to clear content.

11 hours ago, lilblaster said:

I've been doing a ton of cross server dungeons. A month ago, I didn't have too many issues with it. Lately, however, I've been seeing people who join the group, then just sit at the zone entrance, or, in the case of Naryu Lab., they sit at the entrance until it's cleared, then zone over to the next area and sit at the entrance to that area, and so on. They don't participate, and are basically ruining the experience for the rest of the group. Anyone who has done the Yeti knows how often the average cross server group works with only five people participating, especially when you see the profane weaponed 270 attack power join up expecting to be carried through. It doesn't succeed very often. Just today I have attempted to do the Avalanche Den several times, but half way through the zone the group has had to disband because there's someone not participating and just sitting at the zone in not responding to anyone's chat. It's getting old. I think that a change needs be made to allow the group to vote a person out who isn't just in offline status. We should be able to, as a group, kick anyone the majority of the group decides is a non-participating member, whether in offline status or not.

+1 !!!
You might want to check also the following thread:

That request is a bit of a catch 22. You will get people to use the system responsibly and those that will abuse it which will just and another con to an already long list regarding this game. 

I dont like afkers or bots as much as the next person but the potential alternative is equally as frustrating; you know how much of a jerk someone can be when hiding behind a computer screen.

votes often wont work as many times players will multibox with one running the content and then having another logged in just sitting there, but getting rewards.  They ofc will not vote to kick their AFK.  Dungeons need to work at the very least like tomb of exiles and pigsty where you actually have to do a thing or two in the dungeon to get credit.  NC wants to be very inclusive it seems and they don't want to discriminate against bots, multiboxers or afkleeches so I doubt these things will be added (as they all help pad their user count).  Just make sure to report them all as bots so at least they get flagged and checked out.  AFK Leeches do get temp bans at the very least if enough reports go through on them so it does help.

16 hours ago, spongemike said:

what's worse is all it takes is one person in the group to check your gear and goes "OMGWTF! insert your character name, his gear sucks is not maxed out. He had no attack gems! Let's vote kick him!" Boom you got vote kick.

Then screeny and report him for harassment.

Simple.

I was running necropolis yesterday.

That was about to finished core activation.

Someone dced and didn't comeback for 10min.

So we decided vote kick him and manage to recruit.

And "BOOM!" Lv47destroyer joined and sit at start point didn't make any move.

It's been happened every fkin single day since that occured bot issue up.

Bot keep joining dungeon->dev doesn't take any action->can't enjoy game as legit player->no reason to pay for

I had a Sin and FM in Necropolis afk the entire dungeon, toward the end fighting the scorpion queen the mirage pouch dropped and I outbid them, they felt like they deserved it despite not doing a thing. I really wish there was an actual "Kick" function, there's too much abuse without it and puts parties in a terrible circumstance.

They didn't implement it because it can be exploited and abused.  Unfortunately you get problems with both situations.  Without the vote kick, you have to deal with bots and AFKs.  With vote kick you have to deal with griefers and scammers.

The best option is to locate a group of like-minded players, group with them, and do content together.

20 hours ago, spongemike said:

The kick feature can be easily modified to disable vote kick during combat and during bidding. Also, they should put in a field to provide reason for kicking the player, or some sort of box to be checked. As for education, you should, oh I don't know, watch a video of that instance in Internet. Especially if it's purple. But, even besides that, elitist will just leave the group if they spot someone with low gear, as always. As far as I see, not many people offer education anyways so you don't really have a reason to be afraid of vote-kick.

I don't really get it, why you people see this as means to abuse the system. I mean, it has worked pretty fine on many MMOs and why wouldn't it work here? Sure, you might get kicked from time to time, but in most cases, it's a win-win situation. You get kicked by some elitist group and don't have to listen to them whining about how bad your gear is, or how they could've finished the boss already if it wasn't for you. Or you get kicked by having just too low gear for the given dungeon and you spare yourself and people from running the dungeon for longer than it was necessary and even with a high risk of failing the boss encounter due to insufficient damage.

2 hours ago, PatchKid said:

They didn't implement it because it can be exploited and abused.  Unfortunately you get problems with both situations.  Without the vote kick, you have to deal with bots and AFKs.  With vote kick you have to deal with griefers and scammers.

Griefers and scammers? What?

5 people need to collaborate and "grief" and "scam" you out of the party. IMHO, as I mentioned previously, if 5 out of 6 people - meaning everyone except YOU - doesn't want you in their party, you have nothing to do in it and should leave. By votekick or by yourself.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, lilblaster said:

Hey Lilblaster, we know this has been a concern and we thank you for constructively suggesting a way to fix this. We've submitted these to our dev team. We can't always guarantee that everything we submit will get developed but we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!

Archived