Unlock the Chi Master

Jurou

41 minutes ago, zoool said:

Nope no tendencies, its just illogical not to do them with all the stuff that u get.

Though it really does sounds like you want more than just the class unlocking?  as it sound like you want it unlocking and then you want them to hold your hand and make it easier for you with a levelling event.

Sorry but you will have to excuse me, as I did not realise  that if a new class is released(unlocked)  that they had to do a levelling event or anything of that ilk.

Xypherenc:

The difference here is that it has not been out that long and as such you can get away with a chapter release and new character unlock which will work just as well from a marketing perspective.

I can see a advantage of long time players getting insta 45 like they did in other game (though they had been EU released for years first)  if you met certain requirements. But if it was general and across the board surely this will only add fule to the current state of BOTs, also as its only been 3 month officially released  and it is a bit silly to do such a thing from a marketing/business perspective.

The requirement (that I know) from the promotion is that you have to have at least 1 character with at least level 45 and you can only get 1 insta level per account.

You may notice by now that they are trying to catch up with anything related to PvP to KR version (like our balance patch is more or less near or sync with the balance patch in KR) and Chi Master is PvP related) => releasing them in Fall/Winter is completely against their plan (as I see it according to their content releasing patterns).

About the leveling event stuff. You need something to stimulate your audience to try the new class. A new class by itself will not provide enough "buzz" and some people will even not bother to try them without anything rewarding for their efforts.

About the bots problem. As I see it, NCSoft may (and they should) release a huge ban wave like they did with Silverfrost => a lot of botters will not be able to abuse the promotion anyway.

Come to think of it, botters should have multiple account + the upcoming spring box event requirement is at least level 36 and above => if NCSoft release Chi right now => they have to (and they should, there are more negativity if they don't, believe me) do a promotion like other regions which is insta level 45 => Botter will abuse the **** out of this and have multiple characters to do the spring box event. So I believe they will release Chi after this event.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I had noticed that they were trying to catch up, but you should have also noticed that due to the feed back from the Warlock release and Silverfrost they have acknowledged that they may be moving to fast and as such they are re evaluating the EU/NA plan as they have to put in so many tweeks for us. compare this thread to how many the we want warlock thread had.

you would be surprised at how little  can be done to get people to try a new class, some just need a good video and they will make that class(see some of the posts in here), other will see someone playing that class ingame and go " sht that looks cool" and got make it, others will just make it for the sake of trying it on release.

A levelling event also does not always stimulate people to try new the new class, I know a fair few that will either make a summoner or the same class thier main cause they know they are the easiest to lvl for the piles of free sht.

you will be surprised how many bots are in the lvl area around 45

3 hours ago, Jurou said:

People. Who are these 'people'? I am an individual. I am asking for Chi Master, nothing more, nothing less. You're projecting your own sense of insecurity regarding the game's population and the game's current issues and twisting them into having something to do with me. I have not asked for anything before this and have no intention of asking for anything more after this. I don't work for NCSoft and I didn't create their release schedule. I am an individual, not 'people'. I did not ask for Warlock. I did not ask for Silverfrost. What does any of that have to do with me?

If you want to open a discussion expressing your opinion of 'people' asking for new content, 'until there's nothing left', then go and make a thread about it. This thread is about supporting the unlocking of the Chi Master. All this 'people' crap has nothing to do with this thread. I wasn't apart of any of that, and they were each done by different individuals. My gaming experience is my own, hence requesting the things I enjoy.

You're not a part of this community? Aren't the rest "people" who support (or not) the release of Chi Master on this current thread which "you, individually" created a part of this community? I'm pretty sure I don't see only your "individual" username on all these 3 pages. I don't care if you have requested anything else or if you will, I haven't and I'm not going to keep track of what you're doing or not doing eitherway, so I couldn't care less. Plus, my answer wasn't going to you "indivintually" and I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned your "individuality" anywhere, untill after you've quoted me. Its not my fault you take everything so personal.

Also, If you don't care what this community, which you're not a part of it appearantly but we are (yes, including myself), has to say about this or any other matter and you care only about your self "individually" send a ticket to the support with your request or ask from the mods to lock the thread right after your very first post, so only your opinion can be shown. As long as a thread is public and its not locked, everyone has the right to reply, either they agree with the OP or not. So, don't whine. 

1 hour ago, zoool said:

Yes I had noticed that they were trying to catch up, but you should have also noticed that due to the feed back from the Warlock release and Silverfrost they have acknowledged that they may be moving to fast and as such they are re evaluating the EU/NA plan as they have to put in so many tweeks for us. compare this thread to how many the we want warlock thread had.

you would be surprised at how little  can be done to get people to try a new class, some just need a good video and they will make that class(see some of the posts in here), other will see someone playing that class ingame and go " sht that looks cool" and got make it, others will just make it for the sake of trying it on release.

A levelling event also does not always stimulate people to try new the new class, I know a fair few that will either make a summoner or the same class thier main cause they know they are the easiest to lvl for the piles of free sht.

you will be surprised how many bots are in the lvl area around 45

I doubt people will gone mad over the fact that they release a new class and few more content that are intended for Silverfrost without introducing anything too extreme gear wise like Legendaries. Silverfrost introduced new tier for the weapon that requires new material from Silverfrost to upgrade. People went mad because they heard that other regions removed Siren path, forcing players to go on Oathbreaker path which is much more expensive. People went mad because they want more time to get on Siren path for cheaper upgrade and some of them want to have more time to catch up with high geared player.

However, did those 2 previous patches made NCSoft reconsiders their pace? Maybe. Is there other way to keep up with their intended pace but also able to avoid the previous tantrum that the player base threw? Yes, by releasing minor content or just the class itself for example.

Yes I know that you don't need to do much to rally people to try new class. However, it does not mean that you do not try to do as much as you can to achieve the best possible outcome that you can get. Trying a class and actually invest into one are different things.

And yes I do know that there are many bots who are higher than level 45. Thus, the ban waves.

Edit: Saw their upcoming patch announcement. I do really hope that they will talk about Chi in the next overview. Players who intended to main Chi Master will only suffer more and more if they keep delaying it.

It's not in their patch description, so no. I doubt it. If i had to guess i would say that it comes next patch tho. People start to get annoying asking for the class, so they will most likely release it asap to shup them up xD

22 hours ago, Jurou said:

If Chi Master isn't here in two weeks I'm done, I'll quit altogether. I'm not being stuck behind, the game takes too much effort to progress. Forget that. I'd rather move on with my life and play another game.

then don't waste your time playing this game and quit from now. there's no way we will get another class so soon. the devs on livestream said that we recently got Warlock and there's no date for the next class. someone said mid-late summer for release. i was thinking exactly the same

EDIT: on April 27 the new update will be released and we won't get Chi Master. since there's no new class coming out in 2 weeks and you'll quit, can you give me your account after you quit? it's a shame for 900g to go to waste. or you can just mail me the 900g. i have no problem

18 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I often simply fool around with friends in game. Recently I started playing on KFM and loving it. Tried both FM and KFM and when I heard about Chi Master was something like mix of them I really got hyped for that!

the Chi Master only has Ice spells of FM, and skills have long CD's. once you do all skills, the only thing you can do in range stance is spam LMB+RMB. ubber boring. also there's no rotation or combo in range stance. you just cast all your Ice skills at once and then switch to melee stance. not really hyped about the class with how it's played. i'll stick to FM

44 minutes ago, ShandraManaya said:

They also said there was no date for Silverfrost in the livestream that happened 3-4 days before the release of the expansion.

but they have done livestream for Silverfrost so we knew it was coming. on the other hand we don't know anything about the new class. btw, in April 27 update there's no Chi Master coming out

4 hours ago, Jurou said:

Are you honestly suggesting they give no rewards for a leveling event just because you feel you won't be able to control your impulses? That's ridiculous.

and you think they will release the class earlier cause you will quit if it's not released after 2 weeks? this is what ridiculous looks like

20 hours ago, Jurou said:

It's in game. They can turn it on at the flip of a switch. You must be a troll. Such ignorance aboslutely must be a troll...

Who cares? It's in game. Patient or not, it's in game and they could turn it on this frickin' wednesday during maintanence if they wanted. The fact is I have lost interest in the game. I only have interest in playing Chi Master. If it's not here in 2 weeks then I'll no longer have interest in playing at all. Just straight up facts.

Maybe you have all the classes you can enjoy and the game is great to you. In which case why are you wasting your time in my thread? Go enjoy your game. Some of us don't have that luxury, as our class is locked behind some garbage release wall.

Flip the damn switch NCSoft!

not a troll just telling you what they said in a stream.... don't be ignorant

I'm so sad with NC not releasing the class yet. I hope we can do the next content with true pirate, because I'm not gonna spend a single gold on my FM now, since I won't even touch it when Chi gets released (I am a 1 character player), and that would be totally wasted gold. If I can't do the content, I'll just stop playing for a while or do the lower content until it.

I don't understand why they keep it locked, when all the data is already in the game. It's like they are forcing us to play with a class we don't enjoy 100%, and waste all our gold on it. Then, when I'm totally gold sinked, I will start playing with my Chi, and be condemned to play without my friends for months because they are doing the higher gear content. It's so sad.

If only we could have an aproximate date or any word from NC....!

26 minutes ago, Kyotheman101 said:

OP is really excited for Hybrid class? its basically KFM and FM combined, not really original, kind of lazy you ask me, might of been better they mix FM with BM, have cool glowing sword with fire, ice, lightening would been amazing.

and the FM part is not even that good. it only has the Ice skills and 1(the counter skill) and Z-V skills don't change. as for playstyle while on range stance, you cast your Ice skills all at once(there's no combo or rotation), and since skills have long CD and you can't do anything else than just LMB+RMB, you switch to melee. i watched some gameplay and i find it extremely boring. dunno how an FM wants to quit his FM and main this. i would never do this

51 minutes ago, Ginki said:

and the FM part is not even that good. it only has the Ice skills and 1(the counter skill) and Z-V skills don't change. as for playstyle while on range stance, you cast your Ice skills all at once(there's no combo or rotation), and since skills have long CD and you can't do anything else than just LMB+RMB, you switch to melee. i watched some gameplay and i find it extremely boring. dunno how an FM wants to quit his FM and main this. i would never do this

doesnt matter, the earth stance makes up for it and you say its like KFM well not really, maybe they both have the same style/way of fighting, but Chi master has less CC and way more DPS than a KFM, apart from the buff.

also the fact that you have good dmg and good ways to deal with many mobs (fm stance) and solo target (earth stance) makes the class fun to play, and thats the most important thing when you main a class, that you dont get bored playing it. :)

4 hours ago, Meiling said:

Chi master is like a KFM and a FM, it's a freakin mixture of both after all. Anyways, it'll probably be out next month just wait. Not like we have to wait 3 years for it, have patience. 

They won't even play it when it comes, just like the warlock

New Class -> ignores -> Plays Summoner

Archived