Unlock the Chi Master

Jurou

3 minutes ago, Marronero said:

I'll just continue farming gold until then and become disgustingly rich so I can go instant true pirate or more.

Best thing to do, I did the same with with Warlock when I was waiting for it to come out. Get everything prepared to gear it out.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, TeGeek said:

a class is not content for the game. content is something you can do with your character ingame. you cant do chi master with another character but you can make a character have the class chi master. and the part you wrote that this post somehow makes the class into content just sounds stupid.

Call it stupid all you like, but refusing to call a class content, doesn't mean NCSoft is going to just drop the class in your lap. We're arguing semantics here, because you want something now, rather than later, and calling it content means it will go on a content schedule like everything else. Regardless of what you call it, I guarantee they will wait and bundle it in a content patch, and advertise the hell out of it, to try and attract new and return players. That might be on the 27th, or it might be in June, but  you can bet that is how it's going to play out. That's just business. FYI, I'm interested in the class too, so it's not like I'm trying to be a spoilsport--just realistic.

1 hour ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Call it stupid all you like, but refusing to call a class content, doesn't mean NCSoft is going to just drop the class in your lap. We're arguing semantics here, because you want something now, rather than later, and calling it content means it will go on a content schedule like everything else. Regardless of what you call it, I guarantee they will wait and bundle it in a content patch, and advertise the hell out of it, to try and attract new and return players. That might be on the 27th, or it might be in June, but  you can bet that is how it's going to play out. That's just business. FYI, I'm interested in the class too, so it's not like I'm trying to be a spoilsport--just realistic.

to make it simple im going to list some things about this

-Im not refusing to call a class content i just dont think class is counted as content.

-ive not said or pointed towards that ncsoft should or would drop the class in my lap because what i think.

-i dont know about you but in my country semantics is the study of mening or development, not talk about releasing a class that is already ingame just not available.

-it doesnt matter wether you call a class content or not it wont change how ncsoft has planned to release it or with what.

-atm its not listed in the patch on the 27 so its probably not going to be there, and ncsoft could if they wanted it (tho unlikly) wait to release chi master for like 2 more months since they controll when its going out and probably wont changed the planned date cause of us sadly.

2 hours ago, TeGeek said:

-i dont know about you but in my country semantics is the study of mening or development, not talk about releasing a class that is already ingame just not available.

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. We are arguing the meaning of the word "content ", as it applies to MMO's, and whether it also includes class. Arguing the minutiae of a words meaning such as this, is the very definition of arguing semantics. 

2 hours ago, TeGeek said:

atm its not listed in the patch on the 27 so its probably not going to be there, and ncsoft could if they wanted it (tho unlikly) wait to release chi master for like 2 more months since they controll when its going out and probably wont changed the planned date cause of us sadly.

Which is precisely the point I was making earlier, when you responded to me about the usage of the word, content. So, as it seems you agree with me otherwise, it appears arguing semantics is really all you wanted to do to begin with.

24 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. We are arguing the meaning of the word "content ", as it applies to MMO's, and whether it also includes class. Arguing the minutiae of a words meaning such as this, is the very definition of arguing semantics. 

Which is precisely the point I was making earlier, when you responded to me about the usage of the word, content. So, as it seems you agree with me otherwise, it appears arguing semantics is really all you wanted to do to begin with.

we could continue on this but i see no point in doing that. So lets just agree on disagreeing and let this post continue being what is was made for.

#unleashthechi

To all of those who claim for patience: being impatient is also good for NCsoft, because that shows them how bad we want to play the class, it shows that they made something appealing to us. When they release new content and new things, they expect people to be hyped about it. 

Imagine if you were a game developer, and everytime you release new things, players were like "meh, ok, I'll play it but we will see". I think you would be HIGHLY demotivated. So these kind of posts are good for them, it shows we care. It's GOOD to be hyped!

#UnleashTheChi

21 hours ago, Meiling said:

I hope I am right too lol, the next patch will probably be the end of next month, maybe the start of June so I doubt they will have us waiting any longer than that for the class knowing that people are waiting, it's just a bit ridiculous to expect it already. 27th we get asura so sorta expecting the class after that with a smaller update then the one after a bigger one. Although, I don't really know exactly how far we are behind other servers but yeah, I honestly believe it's next update and if not, it has to be the one after.

I just want the story though... Oh, and to change my DP already =(

I think you may be right the fact is in the KR/TW versions of vids posted on the Jinsoyun 6m fight Soulfighter aka Chi Master is present in fight so it might be sooner than later. Plus in NA/EU version we're far behind on story but it looks as if were following the "new" revised version of story, i much liked the old version where mushin ate the twilight sword to the neck buts that's just my preference.

Actually, the silverfrost patch got released so fast, as it was the next release in line, to release something from MULTIPLE patchs ahead of the current games time requires bloodlusts Permission as NCSoft West and NCSoft KR have Nothing to do with one another on that sort of level, so no, they cannot fast pace release it out of no where, because they'd have to go through procedures to provide a argument for NCSoft KR to approve and allow, the likelihood this sort of Permission is granted AFTER a patchs Details are already released, is very unlikely, reaching out to a Patch SO FAR AHEAD of the current game would also be hard to provide a good enough argument either.

saying "the community want it now" wont force KR NCSoft to agree, at the end of the day KR had these things released on them with 0 Previous experience or knowledge of the class and had Invested in their classes miles ahead to suddenly have these classes dropped on them.. and then having to do it from scratch Because they hadn't saved having years of Knowledge like we do. if KR can grind classes out then suddenly Reroll and do the Entire grind again, we can also.

not against the Chi Master being released, but I find it very hard for NCSoft to get it out this patch...

32 minutes ago, Dray0s said:

Actually, the silverfrost patch got released so fast, as it was the next release in line, to release something from MULTIPLE patchs ahead of the current games time requires bloodlusts Permission as NCSoft West and NCSoft KR have Nothing to do with one another on that sort of level, so no, they cannot fast pace release it out of no where, because they'd have to go through procedures to provide a argument for NCSoft KR to approve and allow, the likelihood this sort of Permission is granted AFTER a patchs Details are already released, is very unlikely, reaching out to a Patch SO FAR AHEAD of the current game would also be hard to provide a good enough argument either.

saying "the community want it now" wont force KR NCSoft to agree, at the end of the day KR had these things released on them with 0 Previous experience or knowledge of the class and had Invested in their classes miles ahead to suddenly have these classes dropped on them.. and then having to do it from scratch Because they hadn't saved having years of Knowledge like we do. if KR can grind classes out then suddenly Reroll and do the Entire grind again, we can also.

not against the Chi Master being released, but I find it very hard for NCSoft to get it out this patch...

Are you sure that NCwest and NC KR doesn't have anything to do? That sounds EXTREMELY strange since they are the same company. Maybe KR is like "the boss" here, but since they already said that we will be on pair with KR for the tournament, it's because they already have an agreement, and probably the whole schedule is already planned and aproved.

Of course the class is not coming on 27th patch, because it is not in the announcement, but we might get it on may's patch (I really hope we do).

And about your words " if KR can grind classes out then suddenly Reroll and do the Entire grind again, we can also.". I have a huge grinding spirit and I don't mind farming all I have to farm, but have you checked the forums? This is not korea, this is western market, and people get tired if they must repeat something 3 times. There's a gazillion post complaining and crying about gear being too expensive and people quitting because of this and bla bla bla.

Also, they didn't get the class out of nowhere man, they even announced it in the G-star in november, and then they had 2 weeks since the announcement in the web.

#UnleashTheChi

On 4/17/2016 at 3:21 PM, Meiling said:

Best thing to do, I did the same with with Warlock when I was waiting for it to come out. Get everything prepared to gear it out.

Besides the 5 AP gems

2 HMN skill books 

the materials for the 15 AP soul

and all the materials for the weapon/accessory upgrades is there anything else we need to farm?

Since we do not know if we are getting it at lvl 1 or 45 does anyone have a list of items we will need to use to get from true profane to breeze, for accessories and weapon 

like 45MTS, 2k soulstones, etc?

#UnleashTheChi

39 minutes ago, Karaneth said:

Besides the 5 AP gems

2 HMN skill books 

the materials for the 15 AP soul

and all the materials for the weapon/accessory upgrades is there anything else we need to farm?

Since we do not know if we are getting it at lvl 1 or 45 does anyone have a list of items we will need to use to get from true profane to breeze, for accessories and weapon 

like 45MTS, 2k soulstones, etc?

#UnleashTheChi

Mmm I don't know about the list, but I'm pretty sure someone must have done one. Probably we will have the lvl 45 event too, since every other server got it too.

The picture of the class selection was from our client. The picture of the translated skills was the Taiwan client with NA/EU's translation files. You don't actually have to use another client to see the translations, you can unpack the localisation files and see for yourself that all of the skills are already translated. In fact, every text related to the class is translated. All of the animations are there. All of the sound files are there. The class id, and all its respective skill id's are there, and correctly reference their translations. The class itself can have its character creation enabled by turning a 'use-soulfighter' option in the config files to 'true', however the server doesn't allow its creation.

The loot tables and item database(s) for the class were implemented with the class itself in the Silverfrost patch. The balance patch that we're currently on even includes adjustments to the Chi Master. The class is done. Complete. In game. All of the arguments I've read throughout this thread opposing the unlock are nothing more than ignorance and white knighting, honestly.

Continue the fight, my fellow Soul Fighters, this thread is yours now - I think I've logged on once since the Trove started. The game is dead to me. I'm done.

Take this parting gift:

Goodbye.

4 minutes ago, xCandyBear said:

wtf we don't need new classes just upgrade/boost our main classes especially melee discriminated classes

Maybe you don't need. Doesn't mean others don't. I've got captured by this class even before NA/EU launched.

57 minutes ago, Kaal said:

I've also stopped playing actively. Just how much longer do we need to wait for a class 100% ready to be launched? What kills me is that they don't even set an ETA.

I have been farming hours a day everyday for my Chi since silverfrost patch, but seeing that we don't even have a single comment or announcement, I got totally demotivated and stopped playing actively too, only logging in to do dailies. Playing Dark Souls 3 in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Marronero said:

Gon and Yun. Some people say that in a recent patch in Korea, now it can also be Jin, but I'm not sure if that's true

It's Gon, Yun and Jin.

IDK why Jin is getting all of these "supposed" exclusive classes for other races though, I prefer  some races to have at least SOME kind of class exclusivity.
Might as well give Jin Summoner too while they're at it.

38 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

It's Gon, Yun and Jin.

IDK why Jin is getting all of these "supposed" exclusive classes for other races though, I prefer  some races to have at least SOME kind of class exclusivity.

Why not? I'd like Jin summoner to have Lyn for a pet. Oh the things I'd make it do...

4 hours ago, TigerKFM said:

It's Gon, Yun and Jin.

I think they decided to add Jin because in the trailer of Soul Fighter when they announced it on november, it was a Jin, and people was expecting it to be Jin. Anyway, I'm gonna stick to my Gon, because after making my Gon FM, it turned out to be my favourite race, outfits looks so freaking cool on him. It's such a badass.

I don't know why Jin can be KFM too, I mean, look at those arms, Jins have never visited a gym in their life, how can they punch people with the strength of a Gon? :D. 

4 hours ago, Marronero said:

I think they decided to add Jin because in the trailer of Soul Fighter when they announced it on november, it was a Jin, and people was expecting it to be Jin. Anyway, I'm gonna stick to my Gon, because after making my Gon FM, it turned out to be my favourite race, outfits looks so freaking cool on him. It's such a badass.

I don't know why Jin can be KFM too, I mean, look at those arms, Jins have never visited a gym in their life, how can they punch people with the strength of a Gon? :D. 

Was Bruce Lee a bulky muscleman? Gon having kung fu master class is what I find weird, not the other way around.

12 hours ago, Kaal said:

I've also stopped playing actively. Just how much longer do we need to wait for a class 100% ready to be launched? What kills me is that they don't even set an ETA.

who told you that the class is 100% ready? it's clearly not 100% ready, and devs haven't said anything. the one who said it's 100% ready uploaded pics from another version, and not from EU/NA. the devs have said multiple times on livestream that there's no ETA for the class

11 hours ago, Marronero said:

I have been farming hours a day everyday for my Chi since silverfrost patch, but seeing that we don't even have a single comment or announcement, I got totally demotivated and stopped playing actively too, only logging in to do dailies. Playing Dark Souls 3 in the meantime.

the devs have said multiple times that there's no ETA for Chi Master. here's your announcement

55 minutes ago, Ginki said:

who told you that the class is 100% ready? it's clearly not 100% ready, and devs haven't said anything. the one who said it's 100% ready uploaded pics from another version, and not from EU/NA. the devs have said multiple times on livestream that there's no ETA for the class

the devs have said multiple times that there's no ETA for Chi Master. here's your announcement

we dont know if the class is 100% ready but it should be since the class itself is already done cause we get everything from the asian regions and all that ncsoft has to do for Eu/Na is to translate all the text and sound to english and other languages used in Eu/Na region. But it could be that they just dont care and have not started on the translation yet and thats why we dont have the class yet or an ETA. and its because we dont have an ETA that people who wants the class are getting annoyed.

Archived