Unlock the Chi Master

Jurou

43 minutes ago, TeGeek said:

if you didnt know its been confirmed that we are not getting soul figher untill after the removal of siren/pirate path. this is because there is no path that way for soul fighter since they came after the removal of it in other regions. So its useless to farm stuff for that path.

Yes I am aware. im more just ranting. I know no amount of #unleashthechi will actually alter the release schedule... im just so annoyed that they remove the pirate weapon path, BUT leave the pirate ACCESSORIES as the only possible accessories path... we STILL have to grind bsh & poh for  stupid emblems or stupid accessories drops... so why in the world remove the weapon path? it seriously makes no sense -_-

And to make matters worse, we cant even stock up on nebula stones to make the future sf grind easier! They are char bound so i can get like 3000 nebula stones / emblems on my fm but when sf comes out? the event will already be over lol. This event was primarily designed for sf in kr. THATS WHY IT DROPS SIREN & PIRATE EMBLEMS :/ It was designed so you can get a ton of emblems on your SF in order to just quick buy the siren / pirate accesories so you dont have to grind old dead content. It also gives the nebula stone so you dont have to spend as much time gearing up.

And of course this isnt exclusive to SF u can do this with any new class. Im just really hoping people push hard for these stupid emblems & stones to AT LEAST be acc bound. there is no reason i can see why they lock it to one char. It simply turns people off to the idea of even thinking about alts, and without alts people will quit the game. Bns doesnt have nearly enough depth per class to just play one eternally. vast majority will get bored & play something else eventually since making an alt seems so danting & undesirable.

Unless you pvp as well you are going to wish you could make an alt..

This gear event  will end and SF will get released and there will be a torrent of threads of people saying exactly what im saying right now. Wondering why sf didnt come out with this event, and/or why did they do the event before sf release.

Sorry if i seem salty. Ncsofts content release schedule just makes no sense to me at all. back to back rng then a gear event? and no new class to take advantage of all this? lol

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TeGeek said:

if you didnt know its been confirmed that we are not getting soul figher untill after the removal of siren/pirate path. this is because there is no path that way for soul fighter since they came after the removal of it in other regions. So its useless to farm stuff for that path.

So now we have the full picture. There was something off about them not releasing Soul Fighter yet, despite it being in game since Silverfrost. It was something that made no sense to any of us, something we couldn't quite put our fingers on, and it was frustrating as hell. I think the wording Jonathan used was also very specific there. Almost like it was his way of telling us (without blatantly saying so and then getting told off by his colleagues) that it's coming when the weapon path is removed (June 1st).

It actually explains why they decided to remove the weapon path so soon, to enable the Soul Fighter for us. Still, I can't say that this wait has helped at all. The last time I logged in game was for about 10 minutes, and it was because of the "May 11th" troll post. I logged back out soon as I realised it was fake. I have not played the game for about a month other than that, which says a lot.

We all know the population has declined significantly, for all sorts of reasons. The subreddit is losing subscribers every day and the number of visits to said page are equally falling with each day (metrics). Twitch viewers are almost non-existant. Esports support has been dropped - Arena has barely any players, and low brackets are being matched against higher brackets (and vice versa) because nobody else can be found to match against. 6v6 is a wasteland, only premades. Queue times for any dungeon that is not a daily have increased. And of course we're seeing several servers become underpopulated, with people asking for server mergers to make up for the low population and its inability to get certain content done.

This upcoming patch is NCSoft's last chance to regain some ground. Summer is coming. If we aren't invested now, and NCSoft give us no reason to be, then over the course of summer we will simply move on to better things - that's just the way it is.

June 1st. NCSoft's last chance to give a crap, oh and Soul Fighter.

I would like to go further and suggest that NC Soft makes an uncharacteristically generous move and makes Accessories themselves Account-bound. They are the same for every alt, so there is no reason whatsoever at all why they should not be Account-bound. Particulary if shared storage is coming, that will make having alts worth-while.

If the money making is a concern, make it a sub feature, or let us pay to unlock each of the 6 accessories for an account. The transfer charms that are supposed to be coming just helps to switch a Main, and that's silly.

The game shoots itself not in the foot, but actually higher, right where it really hurts by not letting the players to enjoy the best thing it offers - the classes. Chi Master or any other one of the 10. Why the heck have all those classes if you get locked into one for life the moment you managed to get past Oathbreaker?

Just checked out the Soul Fighter, and OMG it's awesome! FM + KFM?! Friggin heck yes! Only question is will it be available for Gons as well as Jin? Because I'd hate to be forced back into character creation trying to recreate my character...seriously, do you have any idea how much effort I put into making my character? 

Anyway, I just got a weapon for Soul Fighters just yesterday, so ya #UnleashgTheChi!

3 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

Just checked out the Soul Fighter, and OMG it's awesome! FM + KFM?! Friggin heck yes! Only question is will it be available for Gons as well as Jin? Because I'd hate to be forced back into character creation trying to recreate my character...seriously, do you have any idea how much effort I put into making my character? 

Anyway, I just got a weapon for Soul Fighters just yesterday, so ya #UnleashgTheChi!

we are getting it for gon and yun. we might be getting it for jin also. not confirmed yet tho

If they really plan to release on June 1st then it's a gonna be a huge loss. Overwatch releases on May 24th, so a lot of competitive players will head there with nothing to hold them back here.

8 minutes ago, Kaal said:

If they really plan to release on June 1st then it's a gonna be a huge loss. Overwatch releases on May 24th, so a lot of competitive players will head there with nothing to hold them back here.

overwatch and bns are 2 diffrent types of game lel. but thats for another thread to dicuss about #releasethechi

1 minute ago, TeGeek said:

overwatch and bns are 2 diffrent types of game lel

Can't you read? I wrote "competitive players". A bunch of my friends, myself included, are waiting for the release so we can ditch this game for good due to the PvP scene here dying out before it could flourish. All thanks to poor servers, no support for pvp, bots, hackers, level difference in pvp, missing HM skills and etc etc.

26 minutes ago, TeGeek said:

overwatch and bns are 2 diffrent types of game lel. but thats for another thread to dicuss about #releasethechi

I don't think it really matters if they're different types of game, people move on from things they do not enjoy, to other things that they do enjoy. I know some people already moved on to Black Desert Online, others to The Division or Dark Souls III, a few even to DC Universe, a handful simply uninstalled the game and took a break from games completely, and many more will move on to Overwatch. It's just the reality of the situation.

I don't think this tactic of denying it all, that many of the remaining players have adopted, is going to end well. When somebody criticizes the game or NCSoft, it isn't out of hate, it's out of frustration. So to say that "everything is okay", or in your case "2 diffrent games lel", when clearly a lot of people are complaining and criticizing, and proceeding to leave the game for "diffrent games lel", is the epitome of ignorance.

Also, as much as I'd like to stay on topic, I think we've reached the end of the road. NCSoft knows we want the class, it's in their hands. The interest in the class can only fall now, it's reached its peak; they've already left a bad taste by releasing the Soul Fighter event before the Soul Fighter itself, so either they take advantage while it's hot, or checkmate. June 1st or bust.

To be honest, guys, if WL teaches us anything, it's that the original classes are better. And calling this game alt-unfriendly is an understatement of the century. All and all, if there is a game that captures your attention, and Chi Master is what holding you to this one, I'd think it's better to get into another game, particularly if it is new ASAP. My hopes for a Chi Master is that just for a few weeks it will be a bit more populated in the low level areas, but I am not even sure of that. Chances are, the Force Master will continue to be the ultimate class.

Well, I just know that I will play this class whenever it releases tomorrow or in 6 months, it will most likely be my main. I will just farm gold and materials in the meantime. The longer it takes to release, the faster I will be able to level up her. #UnleashTheChi!

3 minutes ago, Jospx said:

Well, I just know that I will play this class whenever it releases tomorrow or in 6 months, it will most likely be my main. I will just farm gold and materials in the meantime. The longer it takes to release, the faster I will be able to level up her. #UnleashTheChi!

thats the spirit we want from fellow soul fighters!! #UNLEASHTHECHI

13 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

To be honest, guys, if WL teaches us anything, it's that the original classes are better. And calling this game alt-unfriendly is an understatement of the century. All and all, if there is a game that captures your attention, and Chi Master is what holding you to this one, I'd think it's better to get into another game, particularly if it is new ASAP. My hopes for a Chi Master is that just for a few weeks it will be a bit more populated in the low level areas, but I am not even sure of that. Chances are, the Force Master will continue to be the ultimate class.

I don't agree. I love all class. Even new ones like BD and WL. And I watched videos about SF and I'm sure I'll love it too! :o

19 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

My hope for Soul Fighter is just that I will get to run the dungeons in groups of all Soul Fighters. Blackram Narrows with an all Soul Fighter group would be too much fun. Same with Bloodshade, Supply Chain, Yeti, and Asura. It will probably be the most fun I will ever have in the game, if i'm still here that is. It'd be so much fun if somebody made a Soul Fighter clan and did all content with only Soul Fighters too. I'd join it, for sure.

My hope for Soul Fighter is just that I will get to run the dungeons in groups of all Soul Fighters. Blackram Narrows with an all Soul Fighter group would be too much fun. Same with Bloodshade, Supply Chain, Yeti, and Asura. It will probably be the most fun I will ever have in the game, if i'm still here that is. It'd be so much fun if somebody made a Soul Fighter clan and did all content with only Soul Fighters too. I'd join it, for sure.

They say the ultimate challenge is 4 man with 4 soul fighters :P

On 5/14/2016 at 6:45 AM, Fat Cat said:

Oh, that sounds kind of cool! I am just looking forward leveling an FM  while CM's are levelling. I leveled Summoner while folks run the WL's, it was really good time for it. Lots of non-WLs things for sale on the markets, reasonable prices, and lots of people running lower level content. 

On 4/11/2016 at 2:34 PM, Jurou said:

We know it's in game. We know the skills are translated. We know the item database and loot tables are up to date. We know its character creation can be enabled in the config files. We know the balance patch we're on from January includes changes to the Chi Master. So what the hell is the hold up? At this rate I'll quit before it unlocks, seriously.

It takes a lot of time and a lot of gold to upgrade gear in this game. It's gonna take 2k+ gold to catch the class up to current gear levels. So what the hell is the hold up? The game is not friendly to new characters or alts. The longer it takes you to unlock it, the further behind we will be stuck. I've stopped playing the game completely because there's no point investing so much time and effort into a class if I'm rolling Chi Master.

If Chi Master isn't here in two weeks I'm done, I'll quit altogether. I'm not being stuck behind, the game takes too much effort to progress. Forget that. I'd rather move on with my life and play another game.

Flip the damn switch! Unlock the Chi Master.

Special mention:

They are already releasing content extremely fast. look how quick they brought out silver frost. We will get chi master when we get it. Most mmos in america need to wait 6 months before getting the most recent content, and we dont have too so your lucky. You have plenty of things to do untill the class comes out .

So, new patch in 1st June, still no soul fighter. We even get content that was released in korea at the same time as the class, but ok. I assume they just want to mess with us. Even when they said "soul fighter is coming" in livestream, now I know they just wanted to troll us.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Sorry to hear that guys, but perhaps they are just dividing the story update and the new class to keep things exciting over the summer?

All my excitement just went to 0, since my hype went to maximum when they said that the class was coming. I'm completely demotivated now, and totally bored of farming for 2 months (I haven't improved my gear since the silverfrost patch due to farming for SF, still at true pirate). Just gonna log out and let it go for a month, two, or whenever the *cricket* they want to click the button and enable the class.

we are getting hm lv increased to 15. more grind waiting for people that wanna reroll to soul fighter when it comes. we are also getting more dungeons, which probably has new breakthrough or evolve items, which means even more grind waiting for people that wanna reroll to soul fighter. this pile of grind is just stacking the longer they wait to release the class its just stupid the people that will reroll will be so far behind everyone else when it comes out its just silly.

Why won't you finish mushrooms? It's the best thing that happened in the game since I started playing.

then there is the new chapter, and by the time you'd finish that, there will be new class.

plus, I have read that you can start it on level 45.

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Why won't you finish mushrooms? It's the best thing that happened in the game since I started playing.

then there is the new chapter, and by the time you'd finish that, there will be new class.

plus, I have read that you can start it on level 45.

Finishing a new story chapter takes a few hours, and leveling to 45, 3-4 days. I don't think there will be a new class in 4 days after the patch

Archived