Unlock the Chi Master

Jurou

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Fat Cat said:

I agree.

The event we're getting is the same one Taiwan had on Soul Fighter's release back in february. Also, the fact that the weapon path deadline is June 1st, which is also the end date for daily dash, suggests that the next content patch is dropping on June 1st. I think I can safely say, without fear of backlash, that we will definitely, 100%, have Soul Fighter by June 1st.

Look here. This is the event in Taiwan, it's the same patch that Soul Fighter was released on. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see it says, " To celebrate the birth of Soul Fighter, further discounts are given." - it's the Soul Fighter's leveling event.

It's coming, man. Soul Fighter is finally coming. I'm calling it now...

Soul Fighter June 1st

Start saving your shit.

The Weapon upgrade event comes next week on the 11. i belive we may get soul fighter that day since they dont rly need to bring the class with content such as dungeons or quests. they can just have a patch with the soul fighter.

19 hours ago, TeGeek said:

The Weapon upgrade event comes next week on the 11. i belive we may get soul fighter that day since they dont rly need to bring the class with content such as dungeons or quests. they can just have a patch with the soul fighter.

We got WL well before we were suppose to even before 50 content lol. SF isnt tied to any specific story thing so they can easily put it in on the 11th.

Gems: check

upgrade materials: check

farmed wheel essences: check

outfit: check 

weapon skin: ready to craft, waiting for recipe added. 

preset done: check

money saved up: check

I'm ready for the Chi Master apocalypse!!! Bring it on cos my other characters inventories are chockers!!

Just now, Squirrelzzzzz said:

I'm ready for the Chi Master apocalypse!!! Bring it on!!!

I have to agree with you.

This weekend would have been perfect to get it, since i have a lot of spare time on my hands.

I think SF might come next week too. Pray for that class week announcement on Monday.

I mean, everyone knows SF is finished already, and the upgrading discount event is starting next week. It would be VERY rude to not let SF players make use of the event. "Oh, you're starting over with the new class and need gear? Too bad, you can't make use of this gear upgrading discount event. We'll release you afterwards instead."

13 minutes ago, Radeyzz said:

I think SF might come next week too. Pray for that class week announcement on Monday.

I mean, everyone knows SF is finished already, and the upgrading discount event is starting next week. It would be VERY rude to not let SF players make use of the event. "Oh, you're starting over with the new class and need gear? Too bad, you can't make use of this gear upgrading discount event. We'll release you afterwards instead."

Jonathan said on his twitter that Nebula Stones will work and stay until June 22nd, so we still can use the discounts until then. If SF comes out in June 1st, we still have time to use them. Of course I'd love to see the class next week :P but that's probably not gonna happen.

42 minutes ago, Marronero said:

Jonathan said on his twitter that Nebula Stones will work and stay until June 22nd, so we still can use the discounts until then. If SF comes out in June 1st, we still have time to use them. Of course I'd love to see the class next week :P but that's probably not gonna happen.

It would still not be cool. If they release SF on June 1, they only get to make use of half the event. If the event is the same as TW, it revolves around a new daily event dungeon, which means SF will get way less use of the event than other classes. You also have to add on top the time it will take to hit lvl 50.

The only one exception which would make it fine to release SF on June 1 is if the event items are account bound and not character bound.

And I mean, it just makes more sense to release a new class with an event like this. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's either May 11 or June 1, and I'm hoping for May 11 since it makes more sense.

2 hours ago, Radeyzz said:

It would still not be cool. If they release SF on June 1, they only get to make use of half the event. If the event is the same as TW, it revolves around a new daily event dungeon, which means SF will get way less use of the event than other classes. You also have to add on top the time it will take to hit lvl 50.

The only one exception which would make it fine to release SF on June 1 is if the event items are account bound and not character bound.

And I mean, it just makes more sense to release a new class with an event like this. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's either May 11 or June 1, and I'm hoping for May 11 since it makes more sense.

Releasing Soul Fighter next week would be a nice surprise, but I really don't see that happening at all - Warlock was announced two weeks in advance.

As it stands, looking through the client's files, the animation data sets are still limited to Gon/Yun, the voiceover on the class select screen is still Korean, and the video showcasing the class still has the Korean watermark. If we were getting it next week, surely we'd already be on the patch prepped for its release with an English voiceover, a video without the watermark, and of course the Jin animation data sets.

I think if Jin weren't apart of the release that we would have the class unlocked by now. It's funny, because I doubt anybody even gives a crap whether we have Jin or not on release. No other region had Jin on release anyway, and with the race/gender change coming in the future, they should just unlock Soul Fighter now and let people play with Gon/Yun, and then just release Jin at a later date with the race/gender change voucher.

Interest for Soul Fighter is at its peak right now, not releasing the class this month would be a mistake. That's for sure.

Dear NCsoft

Game is full of laggs, bugs, bots, cheats, exploits, optimization and game design problems. Please release this new class quickly; it will do us good!!!!

sincerely

People in this thread

#UnleashTheChi

56 minutes ago, Caolite said:

Dear NCsoft

Game is full of laggs, bugs, bots, cheats, exploits, optimization and game design problems. Please release this new class quickly; it will do us good!!!!

sincerely

People in this thread

#UnleashTheChi

You arent very smart if you think the team that pushes a button to unlock a class already in the client, is anywhere near the same team that deals with ANY of that other stuff.

There are teams DESIGNATED for different rolls in the dev process... lol the people who make classes, the people who test them, the people who bug fix, the people that deal with cheaters & spammers, the people that draw assets, the people that deal with PR, the people that manage the budget... etc... the list goes on. Unlocking soul fighter or not unlocking soulfighter will have NO EFFECT on how fast the  anti cheat people at ncsoft handle the hackers or the bug fix people handle the bugs...

You are a perfect example of an ignorant person who thinks the dev team is just one large glob of people that can all do eachothers jobs and just switch around as they please lol. Not even AAA development studios with 600+ people operate like you think they do.

2 hours ago, Caolite said:

Dear NCsoft

sincerely

People in this thread

#UnleashTheChi

I don't have lag, bugs are minor and I can totally deal with them, there are no exploits atm, I run the game smoothly after nvidia configuration, and there are less hackers than few weeks ago. I honestly enjoy the game a lot.

Am I weird? Should I be crying for everything like 80% of the community? Excuse if I'm happy and have fun playing the game. Seems like the trend now is complain about every single thing that is going wrong instead of being excited for new things.

I'm truly excited to play this class. YEAH!

EDIT: Life lesson, take it or leave it : Try enjoying the good things instead of focusing in the bad ones. You'll be happier.

I don't have lag, bugs are minor and I can totally deal with them, there are no exploits atm, I run the game smoothly after nvidia configuration, and there are less hackers than few weeks ago. I honestly enjoy the game a lot.

Am I weird? Should I be crying for everything like 80% of the community? Excuse if I'm happy and have fun playing the game. Seems like the trend now is complain about every single thing that is going wrong instead of being excited for new things.

I'm truly excited to play this class. YEAH!

EDIT: Life lesson, take it or leave it : Try enjoying the good things instead of focusing in the bad ones. You'll be happier.

Its not that its a trend, its just that the whiners have the loudest voice. The truth is that the game is actually  Stabilized lol at least mushin has. on every gaming community the negative players always have the loudedst voice and it gives off the illusion that 100% of the fanbase is just like them. where as it couldnt be further from the truth. Hopefully the may 11th measures against hackers actually work so people can stop spamming the same threads over and over pointlessly.

Cant wait for the new class >: )

13 hours ago, Negaimu said:
4 hours ago, Negaimu said:

Its not that its a trend, its just that the whiners have the loudest voice. The truth is that the game is actually  Stabilized lol at least mushin has. on every gaming community the negative players always have the loudedst voice and it gives off the illusion that 100% of the fanbase is just like them. where as it couldnt be further from the truth. Hopefully the may 11th measures against hackers actually work so people can stop spamming the same threads over and over pointlessly.

Cant wait for the new class >: )

anti cheat people at ncsoft

I'm sorry that's probably because it's usually easier to say bad things about games. Plus I don't have recent ingame experience from the past few months  either. Just thinking about coming back so I checked out how things are going and most of the posts are talking about the bad stuff so I assumed it's bad.

I'm playing FM and KFM and I heard chi master is a mashup of those 2 whereas I'd be looking for different playstyle in a new as alt so I don't care about the new class sorry. :(

edit: Quote works funny idk why.

As far as the complaints gotowards the release of chi master only creating more bugs and issues than the current game already has to that I just respond 'meh'. Why? Because there's always going to be something messed up with this game and now I'm so used to it they've warn me down to tolerating it so I may as well tolerate that bullNshit with the class I enjoy playing the most.

1 hour ago, RavTH said:

why Soul Fighter should be unlocked, when they need to first "balance" it xqqqqqqqq

Like other classes are balanced in west? Don't make me laugh.

Also, I find it funny how people complain about ppl asking for chi master. As if the same people worked on bug fixes, infrastructure, content and marketing... I don't even.

1 hour ago, FilipeKun said:

^ maybe my last comment i do about soul fighter, yeah i apologized OP because i was way rude to him.

Hope u guys understand and open u damn eyes.

this is also a msg for NCSoft

If nothing is done, than rip soul fighter, and a wonderfull game!

Maybe this will be my last post about soul fighter.

Never stop posting about SF

(。⊙ ౪ ⊙。)

13 hours ago, FilipeKun said:

gosh .... 1 june ... already? still too early

perfomance? - worst

lag? - bad

game ready for support soul fighter? - more or less, but more for nope

-sigh-

but what can i do? is more ppl asking for the new class instead against it, yeah, everyone is impatient as fck (oh kr bns released new class, saw it, must have right nw)

welp the class just got released few months ago? (1~2)?

WL was released years ago? and was released here on EU 3 months ago?

i think u guys should think twice, don't forget, adding a new class will bring more bugs, hope is that what you all impatients want ^.^, yay more bugs to the game, since the old ones isn't enough C:

-sigh-

i do want to try the new classe, but not like this game state

I don't think you have much understanding of the way we've received content so far. The client build is very up-to-date, and its compatibility is almost on par with Korea in terms of functionality, engine, and potential for content implementation. We aren't at the most recent Korean build, but we are almost there. Most of the functionality is simply disabled, for we do not yet have the content implemented for the respective functionality.

The client build we are currently on, is equivalent to Korea's January client build at the least (it also has some internal/ptr functionality disabled, like damage meters which is very recent) this is why the Soul Fighter is already in game but disabled. It had to be implemented prior January's balance patch for the balance patch to be implemented without complication or issue, as the patch itself includes adjustments to the Soul Fighter; said patch, and all patches beyond that point may include adjustments to, or changes dependant on the Soul Fighter's implementation prior, which is why we already have the class in the client.

Technically, if we use Korea as comparison, our version of Soul Fighter is in fact late. On the other hand, if we use Taiwan for comparison, then Soul Fighter is due during the Nebula event that starts tomorrow; the window being May 11th - June 22nd (my guess is June 1st).  So, we're way passed the point of the class being released "early", we are due the class, it isn't "early" anymore, therefore its release should be iminent.

Anyway, my point really is that if the class was unlocked today, we would have no new bugs. They'd be the same bugs we currently have, unless the class itself at the equivalent point of release (client build) in Korea had bugs in its playability, those would be the only new bugs. Other than that, it's really as simple as NCSoft clicking "Unlock Soul Fighter" - enabling it in the client and updating their server to accomodate and accept its character saves. It's really no big deal, and has no relevance on any other aspect of the game, at all.

If you're unhappy with the game then I advise you to make a thread about that. This thread is for Soul Fighter love.

#UnleashTheChi NCSOFT

щ(゚Д゚щ)  THIS EVENT Was mainly to help soulfighter in KR!  Why give it to us early... and not make the nebula stone and pirate / siren emblems account bound! -_- i bet soul fighter comes out right after this event and we get to go through the lovely process of grinding poh & hae endlessly to get the stupid pirate accessories.

Why remove the pirate WEAPON path but not the accessories path lol. I still cant comprehend that logic. you remove entire content lines from bns by taking the weapon out, making bsh 24m & poh 24m pointless, but you leave the stupid pirate accessory tree in so people still have to grind pirate dungeons anyway  lol.

Please make the nebula stones account bound so we can at least stock them up as well as the siren / pirate emblems -_-

#UnleashTheChi NCSOFT

щ(゚Д゚щ)  THIS EVENT Was mainly to help soulfighter in KR!  Why give it to us early... and not make the nebula stone and pirate / siren emblems account bound! -_- i bet soul fighter comes out right after this event and we get to go through the lovely process of grinding poh & hae endlessly to get the stupid pirate accessories.

Why remove the pirate WEAPON path but not the accessories path lol. I still cant comprehend that logic. you remove entire content lines from bns by taking the weapon out, making bsh 24m & poh 24m pointless, but you leave the stupid pirate accessory tree in so people still have to grind pirate dungeons anyway  lol.

Please make the nebula stones account bound so we can at least stock them up as well as the siren / pirate emblems -_-

if you didnt know its been confirmed that we are not getting soul figher untill after the removal of siren/pirate path. this is because there is no path that way for soul fighter since they came after the removal of it in other regions. So its useless to farm stuff for that path.

Archived