Unlock the Chi Master

Jurou

On 4/27/2016 at 4:12 PM, Marronero said:

Sadly, no, NCsoft don't wanna say a single word about it. They tend to do this kind of things, like they have done with the rest of the patchs. They say "no ETA, no info, no nothing" and then, 2 days later BAM. 

So, it could be anytime, I hope it comes in may, but if not, probably in june, or july at the latest.

They practice very good psy-ops. I wish I was joking. We are all suffering Stockholm Syndrome at this point, waiting for our beloved tormentors to throw us a scrap here and there so we can slavishly love them again in the way that abused children bond to their abuser. It's disgusting. I really wish the developers hadn't done such a good job on the game because I truly and deeply despise NC corporate with an unholy passion.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be released this month. The release schedule for Warlock went something like this:

1. Vanilla
2. Mushin 1-7 and Bloodshade Harbour
3. Warlock, Mushin 8 (continuation of story), and Naryu

So if we're still following that pattern, Soul Fighter should go something like this:

1. Silverfrost

2. Mushin 9-15 and Sogun's Lament
3. Soul Fighter, Floating Alter (continuation of story), and Sundered Nexus

Jonathon actually posted on Reddit a few days ago, commenting on loot dropping for the class. He said the following:

Yes they can drop and it is intended. However, we removed them from the loot tables for the cases where you need the particular weapon for breakthrough and evolution to alleviate frustration.

They will be re-added when we release Soul Fighter (no ETA)

All claims so far of the class being in game appear to be correct. It looks to be in the same state as Warlock was in Vanilla, in game but disabled. It also seems to be locked to Gon/Yun right now. On the last livestream it was said that once it is released we'll have access to the Jin race too, therefore it is logical to deduce that we're awaiting some additions from Korea's March patch. Again, reinforcing the idea that we'll get the class this month, along with March's balance patch for all classes.

In conclusion, i'm very confident that this month we will get:

Soul Fighter - Gon/Yun/Jin
Floating Alter (Chapters 33-38)
Sundered Nexus
+ KR's March balance patch/additional changes and modifications

I know that we're getting a patch on May 11th, but at this point, with content updates usually being announced two weeks in advance, that patch will most likely be a general service patch - bugs, performance, and cash shop stuff. So expect the Soul Fighter content patch to be sometime between May 18th - June 1st.

All signs point to this month. Believe.

50 minutes ago, Fat Cat said:

I think it will be released this month. The release schedule for Warlock went something like this:

1. Vanilla
2. Mushin 1-7 and Bloodshade Harbour
3. Warlock, Mushin 8 (continuation of story), and Naryu

So if we're still following that pattern, Soul Fighter should go something like this:

1. Silverfrost

2. Mushin 9-15 and Sogun's Lament
3. Soul Fighter, Floating Alter (continuation of story), and Sundered Nexus

Jonathon actually posted on Reddit a few days ago, commenting on loot dropping for the class. He said the following:

All claims so far of the class being in game appear to be correct. It looks to be in the same state as Warlock was in Vanilla, in game but disabled. It also seems to be locked to Gon/Yun right now. On the last livestream it was said that once it is released we'll have access to the Jin race too, therefore it is logical to deduce that we're awaiting some additions from Korea's March patch. Again, reinforcing the idea that we'll get the class this month, along with March's balance patch for all classes.

In conclusion, i'm very confident that this month we will get:

Soul Fighter - Gon/Yun/Jin
Floating Alter (Chapters 33-38)
Sundered Nexus
+ KR's March balance patch/additional changes and modifications

I know that we're getting a patch on May 11th, but at this point, with content updates usually being announced two weeks in advance, that patch will most likely be a general service patch - bugs, performance, and cash shop stuff. So expect the Soul Fighter content patch to be sometime between May 18th - June 1st.

All signs point to this month. Believe.

Gotta agree 100% with you.

On 01/05/2016 at 9:22 AM, Marronero said:

Gotta agree 100% with you.

To be honest, if it isn't released this month I'll probably quit too. Not out of spite or anything, just that I've already played the class on Taiwan, and even most of the content we don't have on the Chinese server - our region leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The content I don't mind not having, as it's all about progression, and our region is having difficulty keeping up with the releases, but for Soul Fighter I just feel like this wait is completely pointless. It's not a surprise or anything and only a small amount of people will even reroll the class. It's just such a pointless release schedule for a class. I would understand if the class was still in development like the 10th one we have yet to see, but it's not. It's right there, completely developed, translated, and already released in other regions. Like, what? It's just dumb and adds to the list of things that frustrate me about the game and NCSoft's handling of it.

The only reason I've even created a forum account is to bump this thread. Nothing else about the game even has my attention anymore. This is my last ditch attempt to get something put in the game that will actually hold my attention. Something that I'll actually enjoy. Sometimes I log off feeling angry and frustrated at how garbage the game is. NCWest's servers are cheap poo. Performance is absolute garbage. And I know there's nothing they're going to do about those issues. They'll blame their cheap servers on routing issues. They'll say that some people have no performance issues, so everything is okay. They'll say "no eta on this" despite it being right there in the game, locked behind a release schedule. Really? And the game is so unbalanced too. Ridiculouslessly unbalanced. I'm so close to quitting. I feel it every time I log off, the frustration building. Which is why I know, by the end of the month if there is no Soul Fighter, i'll throw in the towell. Call it a day. It's too much hassle for something I'm supposed to enjoy.

On 27/04/2016 at 0:12 AM, Marronero said:

Sadly, no, NCsoft don't wanna say a single word about it. They tend to do this kind of things, like they have done with the rest of the patchs. They say "no ETA, no info, no nothing" and then, 2 days later BAM. 

So, it could be anytime, I hope it comes in may, but if not, probably in june, or july at the latest.

it only happened once

june 1st.

weapon path gets reworked again,,, to fit soul fighters class TBH in  other regions i believe they had did away with pirate and siren paths before soul fighter came out so its possible we will see it on june 1st if not a teaser / trailer but its hard to say basic a months wait to see whats coming  beside  that john guy said  * it will just show up with little to no anouncment at all.

What do we make of this then, it was taken down shortly after it was posted on the BnS website, i could only manage a screenshot before it was taken down but could this be accurate in anyway?eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Nkbi5kaXNjb3JkYXBw

1 hour ago, Karaneth said:

What do we make of this then, it was taken down shortly after it was posted on the BnS website, i could only manage a screenshot before it was taken down but could this be accurate in anyway?eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Nkbi5kaXNjb3JkYXBw

If this is true, I'm gonna scream like a lady. If this is a fake, I'm gonna kill you with lazors wherever you are.

EDIT: OK you are a troll, I just read the first paragraph. Too much photoshop.

43 minutes ago, Marronero said:

EDIT: OK you are a troll, I just read the first paragraph. Too much photoshop.

I don't think it's Photoshop. Probably just rewrote the text in the page source and took a screenshot. Either way, a crappy thing to do.

11 minutes ago, Fat Cat said:

I don't think it's Photoshop. Probably just rewrote the text in the page source and took a screenshot. Either way, a crappy thing to do.

Yeah anyway. I don't know what's going on in this guy's mind. It must be something like "I'm so bored, I have free time but I can't do anything to help myself, so I will spend it trolling and messing with people, yeah that's much better". 

Some people are just miserable.

Just now, Kayo Masumi said:

Soul Fighter release confirmed? Or was this just a lucky get?

vgMPXhc.jpg

This has been dropping since silverfrost patch on March 23. They already confirmed it's coming, so it's probably coming with next patch, which seems to be on 1st June.

Just now, Kayo Masumi said:

Soul Fighter release confirmed? Or was this just a lucky get?

vgMPXhc.jpg

Its been known the SF files have been in the client since before the Asura patch. it was called chi fighter though, then when asura patch happened the skill book stuff & weapons were re translated to soul fighter.. so idk. the same thing happend with poharan perfume turning into gun oil then back to perfume.

Signs point to SF coming out this month regardless since WL we got announced literally a week before it went live. so who knows =/

2 hours ago, Karaneth said:

may 11 next weds. thats quick if u ask me this is suspect but its hard to say  and the spelling error im not surprised either considering NC cant word there posting correctly look at the mess the weapons path post is causing, and are you the only person to see this has anyone else seen it to confirm other wise

3 minutes ago, Teijin said:

may 11 next weds. thats quick if u ask me this is suspect but its hard to say  and the spelling error im not surprised either considering NC cant word there posting correctly look at the mess the weapons path post is causing, and are you the only person to see this has anyone else seen it to confirm other wise

Dude it's a troll, just read the first paragraph. It talks about "shrek fighter" and that "has the power to penetrate your friends"

Just now, Teijin said:

yea i guess your right but either way june 1st still has its smoke and mirrors

Maybe, but they wouldn't say "soul fighter is coming" if they weren't planning on releasing it on next patch. People would go mad and bash them. Including me ^^.

2 hours ago, Karaneth said:

If this is really photoshoped, you should be banned for editing screenshots from official website and giving out wrong informations to all of us. 

2 minutes ago, Chayton said:

If this is really photoshoped, you should be banned for editing screenshots from official website and giving out wrong informations to all of us. 

It is, in fact, the image at the top is the same as the "shattered empire store update" announcement. Just go there and check it.

I also think he should be banned, just to give him a life lesson. If you are gonna invest your time in others, help them, don't *cricket* them.

3 hours ago, Karaneth said:

:O Jonathan is that you trolling us cos people are still annoying you about Chi Master release on Twitter?!?!? :P

jokes aside that's a pretty lame troll Karaneth. What if it was your fav main that wasn't released yet? 

1 hour ago, Chayton said:

I agree.

The event we're getting is the same one Taiwan had on Soul Fighter's release back in february. Also, the fact that the weapon path deadline is June 1st, which is also the end date for daily dash, suggests that the next content patch is dropping on June 1st. I think I can safely say, without fear of backlash, that we will definitely, 100%, have Soul Fighter by June 1st.

Look here. This is the event in Taiwan, it's the same patch that Soul Fighter was released on. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see it says, " To celebrate the birth of Soul Fighter, further discounts are given." - it's the Soul Fighter's leveling event.

It's coming, man. Soul Fighter is finally coming. I'm calling it now...

Soul Fighter June 1st

Start saving your shit.

Archived