Why would you bid for other class weapon?

Passel

I dont normally run BSH because it take forever when you pug in.

However, because of the pirate weapon I have to and guess what? I felt lucky when MM drop an Axe and I am the only destroyer.

But why a summoner bid for it?

He cant use or sell it.  This is really lame.

some ppl salvage them for dusts to craft elements or a direct lvl up offering.

BUT u have those who are willing to make u pay for ur weapon just to get some profit out of it and if u just pass on it they will just discard it. 

those ppl are most likely dead/afk during the whole run, ppl that are worse than afk bots.

Dungeon equip usually gives higher upgrade bar then "offering" items, hence actually being cheaper. EG: A purple may also need 2 soulstones, and may give you 2-3 bars min, the same level offering item may only give you 1/10 bar, and you will need to use 20-30 to achieve the same. At 10s per feed, you might come out much cheaper with the purple and soulstones path.

1 minute ago, DomiSotto said:

It is still bad manners to deny the class weapon. I t would never occur to me to bid on a weapon for another class, when that class is present and needs an item.

A. It's a pug run everyone ran it so everyone can bid (please run with friends or a clan if you want certain items)

B. People use them for elements

I have ran bsh when the skills drop several times, and everyone always throws the biggest fit when I bid on the skill... sorry hun but I don't know you and I'm not playing the game to miss out on easy reselling gold.

In my experience most folks in the pugs are the have-nots, with neither the clan, nor gear, nor gold. Running the dungeons in this game is so pointless. Easier to grind the gold solo and buy off the market, because the bid price pretty much breaks even with the sales w/o all the unpleasantness. And if you can't even get the weapon, why bother.

22 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

A. It's a pug run everyone ran it so everyone can bid (please run with friends or a clan if you want certain items)

I have ran bsh when the skills drop several times, and everyone always throws the biggest fit when I bid on the skill... sorry hun but I don't know you and I'm not playing the game to miss out on easy reselling gold.

You can get free element powder by salvaging weapons from vendors in Silverfrost, there is no reason to ever bid on another class weapon if someone needs it.

1 hour ago, Puppy Pie said:

its just people being an ass thinking they can profit from it.  

Books are a different story, because as you stated you can resell, and unless your on my friends list, i aint a charity case, so im with you on bidding as high as 80% market value on the said item i can flip.  

However character bounded weapons is an asshat move.

And mostly they do it to the point where its not profitable, and if you pass on the said item, they leave party so they don't need to pay. 

This is why i never "pass" on a hot item. And if someone is trying to troll me like that i will troll them as high as i can get, and then flip the cost on them.  

But they take a gamble on it, thinking you will pay a lot for it.

Archived