Is new event gona be p2w again?

Ghayatea

8 hours ago, Andrewgr said:

You're thinking about this the wrong way.  You should look at this event as people who are willing to spend real world money subsidizing you playing the game.

And you think NCS need maney to maintain this bad server run!? ( so naive)

This event just milking ppl but this game still not P2W

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Negaimu said:

People really need to get educated on what p2w actually means... P2w means getting insanely ridiculous items EXCLUSIVELY for money. As long as those things can be obtained through normal gameplay its not p2w.

Pay to progress or pay for convenience is not a bad thing. stop being salty because people get things cause they have money to burn. The game is not a RACE. You shouldnt feel bad cause someone else gets something without working for it why would it affect your experience? why even play the game if you care so much how other people get things?

fyi i dont spend much money on bns either. I just dont understand why people get so up in arms and throw the term p2w around without actually knowing what it means.

Maybe you are the one that needs to get educated. Pay to win has always been intended either as being able to buy exclusive items/gear for money OR to be able to acquire said items/gear faster than everyone else by using money.

If it's like you said, I dare them to put legendary weapons in the game gated behind months/years of farming and in the ncoin shop, for $200.

1 hour ago, YukiNagato said:

You should educate yourself: http://it.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win&defid=5577668

This definition is accepted since UO private p2w shards came out.

*Edit*

New generations? I'm almost 40, please, grow up.

ALMOST 40, STILL new to internet. maybe more duped.

so let's say.

i buy premium, u dont.

we both spend our ENTIRE gaming time killing 1 kind of mob.

at the end of the premium i will get "tons of money" because premium gives me gold per kill. you won't.

you will be level "N". i will be level "N+20" because of premium exp boost.

pay to win.

you will get stuff faster

i started playing this game in february.

u started yesterday.

because of the fact that i got things "before you" i payed to win!!!!!

do you know what is grinding my gears about p2w stuff that i try to convince myself has a way of escape: HONGMOON GEMS.  they are almost pay to win.

almost = i hope that everyone, in the event time, will have the chance (and will obtain for sure) to get it from the RNG event.

also, p2w: we have NCcoins that can be bought exclusively with REAL MONEY.

but we have hongmoon coins, that can be bought trading IN GAME GOLD.

which can buy keys for the event.

so, urban dictionary guy, use your brain more and believe internet less, because every single stuff there is in the game, have different facets.

it is up to you to inform and give yourself  "a moral"

7 minutes ago, Shukran said:

ALMOST 40, STILL new to internet. maybe more duped.

I'm on internet since 1990, before that I was playing doors games in BBS, don't try lecture me with your personal opinions, as I've heard talking about p2w probably way before you was born.

Now you all new generation youngsters need alternative version of terms you find "politically incorrect" because you deem them offensive.

Now, please, 0x90 yourself.

Funny how people are using the literal meaning of the words. p2w in an mmo is any gear that you can get from spending real money, ie op gems or even getting hm10 in one day. Heck nc's own definition of p2w is items that require so much gold/effort that people are forced to buy it with real money. It's why legendaries were removed, they said it was too p2w. But then they release gems that you can't really get unless you p2w.

4 hours ago, YukiNagato said:

Maybe you are the one that needs to get educated. Pay to win has always been intended either as being able to buy exclusive items/gear for money OR to be able to acquire said items/gear faster than everyone else by using money.

Exactly this.
Early internet adopter/old MMO player here too.

14 minutes ago, Shukran said:

didnt even got the effort to answer to all my post. 

there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

And you're the most ignorant of all of them.

Now look one or two patches ahead when we get the 6vs6 pvp stuff?

Who will win?

Obviously the people that "payed to progress", because their gear is vastly superior.

That's pretty much the prime definition of pay to win.

When the gap between paying and not paying players gets to big - you are in the realm of pay to win. And we've reached that state.

Just keep being ignorant, you're not helping yourself or anyone else here.

The whole event is a borderline greedy cash crab. Know what a good company would've done?

Reward their subscribers, i.e. "subscribers get all 8 trove slots for free", while f2p players have to buy the remaining slots for a value a little bit lower than a montly sub price.

I mean, it doesn't even affect the end outcome in cash. People will just buy more keys, instead of having to waste money on unlocking slots.

ignorant me?

like: u lived under a rock till now?

OWPVP is gear based. since the age of times.

so what?

pay to skip will have upper hand on the nolifer free users which will win against the real lifer user.

you are just whining about something that is already in game. but u must join the flock against the premium users.

i already stated what i am worried about.

not denying p2w at all.

still i prefer to vbe called ignorant by sheeps.

Just now, iCream said:

Like all f2p games. someone need pay ur free game u know?

It would be better if the game was p2p but sadly, is not.

then they should give premium accounts more benefits, why not everyone with premium get extra rolls for loot each day, like the daily dash.

Guess what, several people now have complete Yeti soulshield sets because of this event, and they haven't even beaten Yeti once!  

The event can even offer 100 soulstones for 3 silver (depending on rng)!

lesse, what else...

them sparkling hex gems for 10g a pop.

gold bars for a couple of silvers, that sell to npc's for a full gold each.

those rare foods, the honey and mushroom and root things that you need to unlock one of the hongmoon skills, for a gold a pop.

naryu tablets, frozen stingers, and the naryu fragments for silvers (30 to 50 silver for 1-5 of them, depending on rng).

oh, and breeze gear, the accessories and the weapon chest, all for a gold a pop.

and, of course, the two outfits that are just minor re-skins of existing outfits.

8 minutes ago, iCream said:

Like all f2p games.

Nope.

Just to make a simple example: the biggest F2P game now in terms of revenue now is League of Legends. Not P2W at all, the only things gated by cash are costumes. Rest is farmable very quickly.

This one is questionable...

On one hand, the event isn't dropping anything non-cosmetic you can't get by playing... On the other hand, it's dropping WEEKS worth of materials for hours worth of gold...

So, p2w? Well... no, not really - I don't feel like that's accurate. p2... progress?

(On the other hand, it's doing a lot to bring material costs around which I really appreciate - so overall I'm loving the event regardless.)

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

the only reason for this event:

giphy.gif

The only reason NCsoft created the game. 

Srsly guys get real for once in your life. 

NCsoft is a company. Companies want to make money. Easy as that. 

2 minutes ago, Shiune said:

The only reason NCsoft created the game. 

Srsly guys get real for once in your life. 

NCsoft is a company. Companies want to make money. Easy as that. 

Ofc they want to make money, everone does, but there are good ways and bad ways to accomplish that.

people that dont enjoy this kind of event usually some kid or jobless people or hobo or old man still living in his parent basement, because they dont have money to pay....

ofc these people will mad because they no longer feel OP or stand above people that actually PAY the game with real LIFE MONEY WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT for NCSOFT to PAY EMPLOYEE SALARY, SERVER MAINTENANCE, CREATING NEW CONTENT, EMPLOYEE PENSION, TAXES, BUILDING RENT and ALSO THEY NEED TO MAKE PROFIT which is VERY BASIC THING TO DO in BUSINESSSS.

so your suggestion to make profit only sell COSTUMES????? where DA fuk is da PROFIT???

i bet people that has REAL LIFE and WORK THEIR ASS OFF in REAL LIFE not gonna complain this event, because it help them to PROGRESSS

therefore i say this event is PAY to PROGRESS, 

PAY to WIN=MEANING SOME ITEMS ARE NOT OBTAINABLE IN THE GAME OR YOU CANT WIN AGAINTS PEOPLE THAT PAY WITHOUT PAYING

PAY to Progress= MEANING HELP YOU PROGRESS OBTAIN SOME ITEMS WHICH ARE OBTAINABLE IN THE GAME

NOW YOU WHINER GET A JOB INSTEAD WHINING IN FORUM get SOME REAL $$ and HELP YOUR PARENTS FOR ONCE dont JUST SIT IN FRONT OF YOUR PC

Archived