Is new event gona be p2w again?

Ghayatea

I  believe people spending real world money are going to have a pretty minimal impact on the economy.

For less than 19 gold, you can unlock the maximum number of expansion slots for the entire length of the event by just using HM Coin.  That's less than half a day of running dailies once, or close to a full day if you don't do any dungeons and just spend 30-40 minutes doing all the solo dailies.  That's a minimal investment, the advantage someone has for spending real world money on this is negligible.

For less than 1 gold per key, you can buy a key for another roll.  When using HM Coins, that's less than 10 gold per day for the maximum number of rolls.  That's a day's worth of gathering and crafting, or a couple of dungeon runs.  It's not nothing, but it's also not like it takes forever or anything.  It's  less effort than leveling from 1-45 like so many people did during the Warlock event just to get an outfit and some pirate emblems.

The only real game-changing advantage someone spending cash gets is that he can buy more than 10 keys per day.  10 keys is over $5, the event lasts for 14 days, that's $70 just to be even with someone who's grinding dailies to pay for their keys.  So the person spending cash only begins to see an advantage if he's willing to spend more than $70 in two weeks.

Are there people that will do that?  Sure.  But it's a small percentage of the player base, and those same people were almost certainly buying currency directly using CTRL-C and then using that money to buy darts with anyway, so shifting that money from buying gold to buying keys doesn't greatly impact the total demand for darts on the open market.  The small percentage of people willing to spend this much money, combined with the fact that even when they spend that money it mainly just shifts how they're obtaining their items, isn't going to add up to a big change in supply and demand.

EDIT: Yes, the overall supply and demand is going to change because of this event, I'm just talking about the additional impact of people spending real world money, since the topic is P2W.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Spring Treasure Trove Expansions can be purchased in the Hongmoon Store, and allow you to unlock up to 8 total slots, increasing your chances for rewards with each chest you open.
  • Spring Treasure Trove Keys can be bought in the Hongmoon Store, and allow you to open additional chests beyond your free unlocks each day.

Spring Treasure Trove Keys

08_Spring_Treasure_Trove_Key.jpg

Spring Treasure Trove Key

49 NCoin or 49 Hongmoon Coin (limit 10 per day)

Spring Treasure Trove Key (x50)

2,327 NCoin

Spring Treasure Trove Key (x100)

4,410 NCoin

Treasure Chest Slot Expansion Voucher

09_Spring_Treasure_Trove_Expansion.jpg

Spring Treasure Trove Expansion

199 NCoin or 199 Hongmoon Coin

09_Spring_Treasure_Trove_Expansion.jpg

Spring Treasure Trove Expansion (x6)

955 NCoin or 955 Hongmoon Coin

time for Ncsoft to Milk Milk those cows :D

52 minutes ago, Hustensaft said:

If you didn't notice - there are several Flawless Sparkling gems in these chests. They have 3-5 AP each. So compared to any other players, if you go full out, this allows for an additional 15+ AP, not counting the secondary effect these gems have.

Yes. It is most definately P2W.

uh? Instead crying about that...go farm them. There is a really nice dragon called BlackWyrm droping them or you can get them from merchant at misty woods.
this guy already have all ;)

http://eu-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=Diooo&s=202

Sorry to say but some pps here have real mental issues...

All u guys arquin p2w f2p etc. Let me ask u smt. If some1 comes and knocks ur door and then asks for free money will u give him?. So why do u expect ncsoft or another company to give u a free service.

And other then that why u insultin those "rich" ppls for bein "whales" "cows"? They are payin for u. If they are not here u cant even play this game.

Yes with this event those ppls will have max items(if they dont have yet?) pretty fast. Why do u care?. In any mmo those ppls can have max items. They can even offer u to buy your max character. So whats the point?. Are u mad cuz ncsoft makin money out of this? Grow up ppls. "You" are not the chosen one and ppls doesnt even care if u play or not.

7 minutes ago, Diebreath said:

Sorry to say but some pps here have real mental issues...

All u guys arquin p2w f2p etc. Let me ask u smt. If some1 comes and knocks ur door and then asks for free money will u give him?. So why do u expect ncsoft or another company to give u a free service.

And other then that why u insultin those "rich" ppls for bein "whales" "cows"? They are payin for u. If they are not here u cant even play this game.

Yes with this event those ppls will have max items(if they dont have yet?) pretty fast. Why do u care?. In any mmo those ppls can have max items. They can even offer u to buy your max character. So whats the point?. Are u mad cuz ncsoft makin money out of this? Grow up ppls. "You" are not the chosen one and ppls doesnt even care if u play or not.

Problem is not that they get maxx gear with it. I dont care if they do get it because it does not effect me anyway but what effects me is that items are sellable in marketplace. That literally screws players like me who do tons of cash with market and grinding. They should be account bound items so it would alone help that player who buys it and dont crash market.

Or maybe ill just spent my 3k gold to buy all darts for low price and sell them higher in next patch when theres no event anymore and rofl to ppl or something but anything that generates high end materials to game and allows players to screw market sucks

Just now, Hatsunya said:

Problem is not that they get maxx gear with it. I dont care if they do get it because it does not effect me anyway but what effects me is that items are sellable in marketplace. That literally screws players like me who do tons of cash with market and grinding. They should be account bound items so it would alone help that player who buys it and dont crash market.

Or maybe ill just spent my 3k gold to buy all darts for low price and sell them higher in next patch when theres no event anymore and rofl to ppl or something but anything that generates high end materials to game and allows players to screw market sucks

Well let me tell u this just for just weapon u will need another 1000 frozen venom darth on next patch. So if u can buy just buy and save. Cuz i dont expect them to get low anytime soon(after the event) The only problem is if bots can roll with every character? Those darths were like 60s on start. If we knew that we could buy all for profit.

16 minutes ago, Diebreath said:

Well let me tell u this just for just weapon u will need another 1000 frozen venom darth on next patch. So if u can buy just buy and save. Cuz i dont expect them to get low anytime soon(after the event) The only problem is if bots can roll with every character? Those darths were like 60s on start. If we knew that we could buy all for profit.

Actually i knew that they would go higher thats why i invested huge amount of money on them. And i know that we will need them later on.

If you think getting darts is so hard let me tell yeah with decent party and farming yeti 4man you can get a lot of them in day in short periods of time. Im doing duo farming and hitting like 120-150 darts per day with my partner so yeah

9 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Actually i knew that they would go higher thats why i invested huge amount of money on them. And i know that we will need them later on.

If you think getting darts is so hard let me tell yeah with decent party and farming yeti 4man you can get a lot of them in day in short periods of time. Im doing duo farming and hitting like 120-150 darts per day with my partner so yeah

So far i just did for 100 time achi :D Drop rates was really low like 2-3 per run. Didnt tried last days.

From the gems only the red(4 AP 2 Crits) and blue(6 AP 50 Life drain) are untradable BUT account bound.They bid on  equip so if you want them for future use just don't wear them.

I was skint but manage to grab 1k darts while they was cheap as I knew it was bound to happen :)

35 minutes ago, Diebreath said:

So far i just did for 100 time achi :D Drop rates was really low like 2-3 per run. Didnt tried last days.

Yeah usually its 2-4 but i've seen 15-18 drops too.  Pretty much avarage around 5 per run. Started grinding them like 4 days ago and friend of mine has true breeze weapon + awekened oathbreaker accessories. Most likely week or so and done with this patch

13 minutes ago, DragonAlex said:

If the extension-slots would be overall forever for every event in future like this it would be ok to buy, but only temporary for this single event NO!!!! Thats just greedy as hell!!!

Better fix you bugs and bot-problem!

Forgot to quote this one.

"fix bot problem" How do you suggest they would do that? :D Theres no fix for it

Yep. This is gonna kill the ingame market and everyone willing to spend IRL money on the game is going to get rich pretty fast. Players like me who actually do something to make progress are being absolutely *cricket*ed. I don't know if I'm going to continue playing. I'm unable to make real progress anyway and I don't even think about giving NCsoft any money when the only thing they want to do is getting the absolute max amount of money out of the game as possible. RIP Blade & Soul

1 hour ago, Purestic said:

Yep. This is gonna kill the ingame market and everyone willing to spend IRL money on the game is going to get rich pretty fast. Players like me who actually do something to make progress are being absolutely *cricket*ed. I don't know if I'm going to continue playing. I'm unable to make real progress anyway and I don't even think about giving NCsoft any money when the only thing they want to do is getting the absolute max amount of money out of the game as possible. RIP Blade & Soul

You're thinking about this the wrong way.  You should look at this event as people who are willing to spend real world money subsidizing you playing the game.

Soulstones were 30g a week ago, now they're 17g.  You still get the same 20g or so from running all the silverfrost dailies, that hasn't changed.  So as a free player, this event has let you buy almost twice as many soulstones as you could before.  Same thing with all the other items you need.  Essentially, you're able to upgrade your equipment much faster (maybe twice as fast?  maybe more?) as a result of this event, without needing to spend a single dime.

1 hour ago, Andrewgr said:

You're thinking about this the wrong way.  You should look at this event as people who are willing to spend real world money subsidizing you playing the game.

Soulstones were 30g a week ago, now they're 17g.  You still get the same 20g or so from running all the silverfrost dailies, that hasn't changed.  So as a free player, this event has let you buy almost twice as many soulstones as you could before.  Same thing with all the other items you need.  Essentially, you're able to upgrade your equipment much faster (maybe twice as fast?  maybe more?) as a result of this event, without needing to spend a single dime.

Honestly, I don't care.

If NcSoft wants to maximize their profit by absolutely milking out this game on NA/EU, then fine. I remember when they said they won't ever release P2W stuff and only stick with constumes and so on, but even back then it was clear that that's a lie.

If you don't participate in this event, you're just undergeared. Good luck getting these GG gems or enough gold (besides farming gold to upgrade weapons, accessoires and buying the HM-skills) to buy them. Good luck on getting all the upgrade materials, sure you can get Venom Darts for 1g now.. but good luck farming 130g when everything you could farm to sell isn't even worth it anymore. Good luck catching up with them in terms of HM-Xp without these 100k charms you can get.

Doesn't matter if you play 16h a day for weeks now. You won't be able to catch up with P2W heroes throwing money at NcSoft like they're in a stripclub.

If this game wasn't dead yet, it is now.

Edit: I think it isn't clear. I wouldn't mind if they'd release 10 costumes a week or if they would even release instant lvl50 services. They can even give us wings, mounts or whatever. Something that doesn't really impact the market or endgame upgrading. They can and should make money out of the game, absolutely - but not by releasing unlimited RNG "throw money at us & get maxed out" events.

1 hour ago, Purestic said:

Honestly, I don't care.

If NcSoft wants to maximize their profit by absolutely milking out this game on NA/EU, then fine. I remember when they said they won't ever release P2W stuff and only stick with constumes and so on, but even back then it was clear that that's a lie.

If you don't participate in this event, you're just undergeared. Good luck getting these GG gems or enough gold (besides farming gold to upgrade weapons, accessoires and buying the HM-skills) to buy them. Good luck on getting all the upgrade materials, sure you can get Venom Darts for 1g now.. but good luck farming 130g when everything you could farm to sell isn't even worth it anymore. Good luck catching up with them in terms of HM-Xp without these 100k charms you can get.

Doesn't matter if you play 16h a day for weeks now. You won't be able to catch up with P2W heroes throwing money at NcSoft like they're in a stripclub.

If this game wasn't dead yet, it is now.

at least p2w heroes you said above help support to keep the server alive , you know running a server not cheap thing to do  and not to mention creating new content, translating requires lot of money....

what f2p heroes like you have done to server except playing free???? do you mean by playing free can keep the server alive???? yeah right....

business is business, who wants to run business with little profit???? do you???

5 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

at least p2w heroes you said above help support to keep the server alive , you know running a server not cheap thing to do  and not to mention creating new content, translating requires lot of money....

what f2p heroes like you have done to server except playing free???? do you mean by playing free can keep the server alive???? yeah right....

business is business, who wants to run business with little profit???? do you??

Oh, no. I'm willing to spend money on costumes and whatever, but not on P2W stuff. You can whitewash this all you want, it simply isn't good.

This isn't about server costs either. NC makes enough money out of this game to pay for servers AND make a profit. The profit just isn't as big as they'd like it to be.

Edit: I can't even believe that people are used to stuff like this. Man, the F2P-MMO-market is *cricket*ed up.

7 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

business is business, who wants to run business with little profit???? do you???

true dat, enough said imo

So you want to say that it's absolutely fine to make all endgame upgrading materials available for money simply because "it's fine if a company wants to maximize their profit"?

Man, they could give us 10 costumes a week or make this game b2p. I wouldn't even care about that. There are other ways to make more money, but releasing a P2W event is simply wrong.

5 hours ago, Purestic said:

So you want to say that it's absolutely fine to make all endgame upgrading materials available for money simply because "it's fine if a company wants to maximize their profit"?

Man, they could give us 10 costumes a week or make this game b2p. I wouldn't even care about that. There are other ways to make more money, but releasing a P2W event is simply wrong.

so which one do you choose if you run a business, maximize profit or minimize profit??????? just be realistic man, not everybody got time to farm all day sit on their arsses at home, people got works too..... i prefer farm REAL LIFe money or REAL life item with real life money you can buy almost everything you want including the stuff you want in game and also its not p2w more like p2skip progress.

People really need to get educated on what p2w actually means... P2w means getting insanely ridiculous items EXCLUSIVELY for money. As long as those things can be obtained through normal gameplay its not p2w.

Pay to progress or pay for convenience is not a bad thing. stop being salty because people get things cause they have money to burn. The game is not a RACE. You shouldnt feel bad cause someone else gets something without working for it why would it affect your experience? why even play the game if you care so much how other people get things?

fyi i dont spend much money on bns either. I just dont understand why people get so up in arms and throw the term p2w around without actually knowing what it means.

Archived