Sign in to follow this  
Jayrune

One major reason people hack/cheat in pvp right now

Recommended Posts

Jayrune   

I've seen a thread or two pointing out hacks (that were subsequently removed, cause don't post links to damn hacking sites people)  that don't understand why people are hacking in the soulstone plains.

 

So for those who don't realize, the reason is you can buy soulstones for prestige points there, like 100 for 10, 200 for 30, 300 for 50 stones if you have the pvp rank for the trade.

 

Those teleporting hackers who are bombing crowds with 2-4 bombs in a matter of seconds? They just farmed everyone's prestige points, and will now cash them in for stones.

 

i can't say i am really surprised at them, given the pvp imbalance that means only one faction can actually farm legit, the teleport hack bombing is one of the only ways for the other faction to get anything out of the plains.

 

Not saying it justifies it by any means, but i am pointing out that it is a design flaw that is providing motivation for people to cheat.

 

Soulstones are also the main reason for botters in the arena since zen beans plus a dragon cert means a soulstone pouch, but i think that one is more common knowledge.  The game is designed for soulstones to always be valuable since you always need so very many for just about everything and there are limits on how many anyone can get that are much much lower than the need, resulting in botters and hackers out the wazoo.

 

i wish i had a viable solution to offer, but i don't, i can only point out the source of the problem in hopes that someone else might be able to come up with a fix that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jayrune   
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Can you get dragon cert for prestige?

i don't think so, i think those still only come from dailies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only thing they can do is fix w/e the current hack/glitch is...

but just like in any game someone will always come up with a new hack/glitch so best thing you can do is report it, and hope they can fix it without having to get permission or wait for a patch from the owners of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
1 minute ago, Jayrune said:

i don't think so, i think those still only come from dailies.

Then do bots do the new dungeons for the certificates? I've never seen them in heroic dungeons, but I still had 15 bots out of 20 matches when went arena on level 30 bd (1500-1700, and EU is supposed to be less bot-infested), though I haven't seen any bots in a while after plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jayrune   
Just now, Enhance said:

Then do bots do the new dungeons for the certificates? I've never seen them in heroic dungeons, but I still had 15 bots out of 20 matches when went arena on level 30 bd (1500-1700, and EU is supposed to be less bot-infested), though I haven't seen any bots in a while after plat.

They certainly try, though i don't know how successful they are.  i know they moved a cert to junghado daily since bots seem to have a harder time finishing that one.

 

As for having so many bots in arena, i doubt bots have an automatic shutoff, so they are just going to keep farming up zen beans even if they don't have the certs i think.

5 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

only thing they can do is fix w/e the current hack/glitch is...

but just like in any game someone will always come up with a new hack/glitch so best thing you can do is report it, and hope they can fix it without having to get permission or wait for a patch from the owners of the game.

i agree, but that is part of what is so frustrating about the hackers, they do get reported, but they don't seem to get banned.  I know NCSoft seems to be big on protecting privacy and thus wont tell anyone when they do, but when it looks like you're doing nothing at all about a hacker because the same one is still identifiable days or weeks later, still doing the hacking, you lose legit players.

 

And then there are the ones who got wise and are using the mask that hides your player name, so how do you report them unless you right click and report them as a bot, which isn't actually true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jayrune said:

They certainly try, though i don't know how successful they are.  i know they moved a cert to junghado daily since bots seem to have a harder time finishing that one.

 

As for having so many bots in arena, i doubt bots have an automatic shutoff, so they are just going to keep farming up zen beans even if they don't have the certs i think.

i agree, but that is part of what is so frustrating about the hackers, they do get reported, but they don't seem to get banned.  I know NCSoft seems to be big on protecting privacy and thus wont tell anyone when they do, but when it looks like you're doing nothing at all about a hacker because the same one is still identifiable days or weeks later, still doing the hacking, you lose legit players.

 

And then there are the ones who got wise and are using the mask that hides your player name, so how do you report them unless you right click and report them as a bot, which isn't actually true?

yeah I agree it is a horrible arrangement all around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niten   

I was just trying to farm prestige before coming to forums. I died because tank classes dont come ssp anymore. :D 

 

Back to topic

 

I was planing to write a long comment but this company not worth it. I was playing NA Aion before BNS it was the same shit with different color.

- You will probly face with same hacker for months till he gets banned. (Most of the high ranking officers in Aion were hackers)

- They wont fix the stupid prestige system.

 

Good luck with ncsoft. Game is good, publisher is the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Can you get dragon cert for prestige?

For pouches bought with prestige you don't need anything but prestige. Certs are only for PvP pouches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   

we now also have hackers/bots farming dungeon like Brightstone ruins, moonwater tears are down below 20s selling in 100 packs, not long ago they were still worth 50 silver>.

 

i assume they just teleport to the last boss and kill him with a cheat too, a 20k life berserker with infernal axe probably wont kill the boss on a legit way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jayrune   
21 minutes ago, Arohk said:

we now also have hackers/bots farming dungeon like Brightstone ruins, moonwater tears are down below 20s selling in 100 packs, not long ago they were still worth 50 silver>.

 

i assume they just teleport to the last boss and kill him with a cheat too, a 20k life berserker with infernal axe probably wont kill the boss on a legit way.

yeah having 5 more levels has a big affect on that, and the fact that they added moonwater tears to the cash shop in 10 pack packages probably put a dent in the price as well.  whether or not lowering the price of the tears is good or bad, depends on if your buying or selling.

Edited by Jayrune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this