Diamond in NA = low gold high silver in Korea?

Koter

Was talking to my friend who plays BnS over in Korea and he tells me NA ratings dont mean anything because of bots and he says most of the diamond players in NA wouldnt get anywhere near platinum and would probably be more like low gold if anything. Anyone know if this is true?

Warning: opinion based on streams

NA rating is probably highly inflated due to bot issue. I watched how AA Laguna reached platinum on BM just by fighting destro bots. I don't know how the current situation is, but i would say it is at least 200 points inflated. Just compare soulstone prices to determine bot activity between NA and EU.

Korea has a whole different skill level. The western player play for 3 months while korea plays for 3 years. They have HM20 and most players, unlike EU, have their HM skills unlocked. Even Jaesung is only gold on most of his classes.

• The inflation is pretty insane right now. It should fall off next season as bots have loosened their grip. I would guess that the largest portion of diamonds right now will land in gold again when all is said and done. That's our version, not theirs.
  • Escaping silver not particularly difficult on any version. It is not intended to be a major hurdle and can largely be brute-forced. Gold is the hurdle.
  • Most of the current diamonds would likely not make platinum in Korea. The reasons for that are a bit more complex, however. You will notice that ratings go up as a season progresses. More players inflate total player rating -- it is not a zero-sum game. This is part of why bots have such an impact. The somewhat declining player base in Korea makes it harder for players to progress, even as their aggregate experience grows.
4 hours ago, skelettbus said:

Korea has a whole different skill level. The western player play for 3 months while korea plays for 3 years. They have HM20 and most players, unlike EU, have their HM skills unlocked. Even Jaesung is only gold on most of his classes.

It's worth noting here that HM20 is not achievable for most Korean players, despite how obsessively some of them play. HM10 is a more achievable spot, especially for PvP players.

It has some truth in it yes but there are people playing on diamond in EU (and maybe NA) which would most likely even reach diamond in KR - getting this input if i compare the games jaesung is playing vs the games I am seeing in the impbns tournaments. 

Also EU rating currently is about ~+200 next to NA rating because our servers are not flood with billions of bots as in NA and Diamond in NA is like plat on EU currently. 

Kinda sad for NA but it is like it is... 

Archived