Group Consequence suggestions

Vesurian

I've been doing this for weeks now and I'm fed up. I log in I que for my daily expert dungeons and two to three hours later I rage quit because I haven't accomplished anything. Either people troll through groups and go offline right before a pull, leave as soon as the group enters combat, or refuse to learn/follow the fight mechanics. And to make things worse, there is absolutely no consequence to this behavior. People can leave groups with impunity and jump right into another group to do it again like it's a ton of fun just to group hop for the hell of it. There need to be consequences to this behavior. As for offlines, the system should be able to recognize this and remove them, so tired of spmming party chat for ten minutes to get people to vote, or maybe just give party lead the power to directly remove afks and offlines. As for the most frustrating group of people, the ones who refuse to learn a fight, spend a few minutes on youtube or ask some questions, there is no shame in not knowing only in allowing your ignorance to cause a group wipe because you didn't speak up. I have no problems helping people out or sticking with a group that is genuinely trying. A 15 minute group ban on people who leave for no reason should be implemented though, this is retarded that myself and others want to stop playing this otherwise great game because the playerbase is full of trolls and idiots... Thank you for reading my rant.

You mean similar to Tera's dropout buff so you cant queue for 15 min after quitting a party or battleground?

I could see this work, then again, it would also punish the ones who leave because they dont like the group.

If you queue by pressing "LFP", you deserve it Sir. Go for a pre-made group (on the top-left side of Lobby), or make some friends/join a guild. LFP-ing should not be a solution; I do not even see a valid point for it apart from gathering bots/afkers.

On 4/11/2016 at 4:29 AM, Franny said:

If you queue by pressing "LFP", you deserve it Sir. Go for a pre-made group (on the top-left side of Lobby), or make some friends/join a guild. LFP-ing should not be a solution; I do not even see a valid point for it apart from gathering bots/afkers.

But that's the thing. Isn't it strange that using a basic feature is considered not even a viable option because of bots etc;. Not everyone has people on hand to run things 24/7 for their convenience. And some of us gear in ways that are just as effective/moreso without satisfying premade group requirements. 

12 hours ago, lnvisibleOne said:

But that's the thing. Isn't it strange that using a basic feature is considered not even a viable option because of bots etc;. Not everyone has people on hand to run things 24/7 for their convenience. And some of us gear in ways that are just as effective/moreso without satisfying premade group requirements. 

Right, and no problem with that at all; create your own group with your own requirements, and get people in in an instant. I know it's bad enough not to use LFP, but we all got used to it by now I think.

Archived