To rupture or not to rupture?

LockEasymeef

Is it worth using rupture during siphon for the frost build?

I usually fire off my mantra after 2x dragoncall and wingstorm ( reset with imprison and use both again) and then alternate between rupture and bombardement.

lmb resets the cooldown of dragoncall by only one second but it goes off much faster than rupture so I am wondering if it's worth using as I am not experiencing focus issues.

I use the Ice build and I use Rupture a lot during syphoned. Mainly because it reduces the cooldown of your Dragoncall. The Ice build is relying on periods of burst damage, followed by spamming RMB > F > 4 (on 3 Spectral Orbs) and V (when off cooldown).

As far as I know, you should start off by casting 4, follow with 2 or X (if specced at least one point into it), follow that with F (Leech) and then 4 > V > 3 > 4 > V > F > RMB > F > RMB... until you get your 4 off CD, then 4 and continue with RMB > F for the above rotation. So I guess you do use it during Leech. As for Mantra, it's the only tool you will ever need to restore your focus. Make sure to pop it instead of Rupture when you reach the last hit on V and it will give you an ability to just spam your Bombardment for 6 or so seconds. Couple that with critical strikes of your Bombardment which make Rupture available and you're golden.

EDIT: I am assuming you are specced into Bombardment either T3S2 or T3S3 and Rupture T3S2 (Dark Build of Rupture) as that's the only way to go with Rupture. It's not only more viable but also deals more damage when Awakened Rupture buff is active.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.4.2016 at 6:42 AM, MBOmnis said:

A little offtopic, but why do you guys use 4 before V? I thought it would be better to use V first since it generates Shadow Orbs that, when used with 4, reduce its cooldown by 3 secs.

The dragons are so long around you that v anyways hit before even you press v after 4.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:52 AM, ThePrelate said:

I use the Ice build and I use Rupture a lot during syphoned. Mainly because it reduces the cooldown of your Dragoncall. The Ice build is relying on periods of burst damage, followed by spamming RMB > F > 4 (on 3 Spectral Orbs) and V (when off cooldown).

As far as I know, you should start off by casting 4, follow with 2 or X (if specced at least one point into it), follow that with F (Leech) and then 4 > V > 3 > 4 > V > F > RMB > F > RMB... until you get your 4 off CD, then 4 and continue with RMB > F for the above rotation. So I guess you do use it during Leech. As for Mantra, it's the only tool you will ever need to restore your focus. Make sure to pop it instead of Rupture when you reach the last hit on V and it will give you an ability to just spam your Bombardment for 6 or so seconds. Couple that with critical strikes of your Bombardment which make Rupture available and you're golden.

EDIT: I am assuming you are specced into Bombardment either T3S2 or T3S3 and Rupture T3S2 (Dark Build of Rupture) as that's the only way to go with Rupture. It's not only more viable but also deals more damage when Awakened Rupture buff is active.

Using T3S2 doesn't do increased damage during sb, all it does is change the type of damage to shadow instead of ice. Personally I use T3S1 rupture because I don't want to ever LMB instead of RMB/Rupture.

My rotation for the start of a fight is V > 3 > 4/4 > F > Tab > 4/4 > V > 4/4 > V > (F +RMB spam)

Archived