NCSOFT can't restore my accessories

Yuiko

I was recently one of the many who got hacked. In addition to getting hacked, I lost a lot of my stuff. Thankfully, because my weapon has gems in it, the hacker wasn't able to salvage it. However, all my accessories are gone. The other items I lost, while I'm upset about, don't really matter to me as much as my accessories.

Aside from being unable to play the game for the four days it took NCSOFT to recover it, I've lost the ability to play the game the way I used to because support is unable to restore my accessories. I can't run the four mans I used to run, and regardless of experience, I lose out on dungeons because of AP requirements. My accessories, by the way, were True Siren necklace, earring, ring, and Awakened Oathbreaker bracelet. I was given 167 gold, which was how much the hacker had gotten from selling all my stuff.

167 gold doesn't actually do anything, really. Though I appreciate it, and though it does help a little, it doesn't bring me back to where I was. I have to start from scratch by farming valor stones to purchase Hongmoon accessories, run and purchase the necessary materials (going to old, lowbie dungeons, farming old 24-mans, moonwater transformation stones, soul stones, etc) and whatever upgrade costs and upgrade materials I need.

That's a lot of stuff, and definitely not enough to bring my accessories back to where they were before I lost them. I honestly don't even think it's enough to upgrade one accessory to Awakened Siren. To put it into perspective, it cost me roughly 360 gold to upgrade my accessories from Awakened Siren to True Siren, and to upgrade my Pirate bracelet to Awakened Oathbreaker. For these upgrades, I had the necessary Machismo and Gun Oil, but now I don't, so I'd have to factor in the addition 50~ silver per item, and I need tons of them!

In order to get my bracelet back, I need to farm Siren Emblems because the 6-man doesn't have that high of a drop rate anymore, and I'd need to fight someone who probably has been farming it for however many days. And he probably just wants to progress too. I'll need to farm Pirate Emblems as well to purchase the necessary items that I didn't get from running 6-man. Fortunately, for 299 NCoin, I can purchase x10 of either emblem. Once a day. So I have to spend actual money for a game that shafts me. I'm paying them for this situation I'm in.

I can understand that the system is there to prevent abuse and all, but it's incredibly unfair to those who were hacked and lost months worth of progress. It makes it so that all the profit I see from here on doesn't go to actually upgrading my gear, but getting it back instead. For the next week or two, instead of saving money and materials for upgrading my weapon (or, if I had my old accessories, money that would be saved to upgrade those), I'll have to go use the gold I earned and sell the materials I've gathered only to fund my accessories getting back to the way they were. All because NCSOFT is unable to help me in restoring these items that I wrongfully lost.

The gold doesn't matter to me. I would rather have my accessories back so I can play the game normally again. I want to have fun playing this game and I'm being prevented from doing that. My progress in this game has been halted and I have to work from the start to get back to where I was. I can't actually look forward, because I need to look backward, and that's kind of stupid.

Be happy they gave you gold. My boyfriend got hacked, when they restored his account, not only they didn't restore his gold, the hacker also took 7k NCCOINS THAT NCSOFT NEVER RESTORED NEITHER so I am STILL BEYOND AGGRAVATED about it

At that point, better to quit because you are not getting the satisfaction guaranteed and it shows how lazy or unreliable their system is. Some games don't even have a history/log of your account actions regarding gear which I am "assuming" here.

@Yuiko That sucks man.

Getting to infernal should not cost you over 20 gold. After this you are hosed, really. 

You should have those breakthrough accessories from leveling to 50 to use until you can get situated again. HOPEFULLY you still have Pirate / Blackram emblems or you are in for a really bad time or a trip to F10. Accessories are a pain in the ass now, drop rates gutted and ffs if you have to roll on it it might as well be a outfit or hm skill or something. 

I would search my computer for screenshots of my character sheet or look up your character stats online and hopefully evidence of your old gear can be found. I am fairly confident that if you can prove it with a picture, ncs would do a lot more to fix the situation. 

@KatHead I've been trying to dig up any trace of proof, but have only been able to find old screenshots of when I had Awakened Siren accessories. It might help to send it to NCSOFT, but because none of the items have any descriptions... who knows.

3 minutes ago, Yuiko said:

@KatHead I've been trying to dig up any trace of proof, but have only been able to find old screenshots of when I had Awakened Siren accessories. It might help to send it to NCSOFT, but because none of the items have any descriptions... who knows.

its worth a shot and that is better than going back to scratch !

that sucks man. if this happens to me and I know that I am not responsible and NCSoft refuses to restore/compensate for the inconvenience considering real money spent, I will take legal actions.

This is a service and quality should be assured including security, if it is not being delivered properly they are already in bad faith.

BTW, Ive watched a streamer whom was also got hacked and NCSoft compensate for his gears with triple the value of his gears as he said: Check the top comment.

PS: to the moderator, what part does the peeps getting uncivil?

If it was a second time the person was hacked i would understand ncsoft , but if it's the first time the person was hacked they should reroll the account and minimize the damage done to the account , in my point of view is a obligation by ncsoft do that , not only that but track down who was benefited by this account stealing, if they steal accounts it means it is profitable somehow , so NCsoft should address this to not let any account hacked be a font of profit for the stealers they are not aiming only credit cards here , they are messing with in game items ... 

After sending in pictures showing I had the items on me, I got the response:

Upon investigating our logs, we found out that the items you mentioned below are already salvaged. However, Support Team does not have the option to restore items that were salvaged by the hacker. I Hope that clarifies your concern, We apologize for the inconvenience.

So it looks like there's nothing else I can do other than complain and be confused as to why they can't recreate or restore my character to the previous state it was in.

Archived