Giant Hole in the Gaming Community

Kamne

12 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Bots are there because there is a demand. The demand is there because the game pushes the player into the non-fun territory too aggressively.

All the actions taken so far to make the bots’ lives harder make the real players’ lives even harder, so it creates more demand for bots’ services in turn.

If the game views a Successful Player as a very bot-like, running and rerunning the content in the most efficient way for as many hours per day as possible, we will continue to have bots. I, the human being, with a couple of hours per day, and my likes and dislikes in the game. I am a cottage industry kindda player, but the game wants me to become a factory worker.

The main problem is that the end-game is not flexible enough to be fun. You do not outsource that which is fun for you to do. If gearing was easier, gods see, there is enough things to pick and chose from that you WANT to do in the end game, not that you HAVE to for months to get gear.

My solutions would be: 

1.       Reduce the amount of materials required for each upgrade of the weapon by the factor of 5. Getting one Transformation stone, 10 soulstones or 6 Poharan Perfumes is reasonable, but getting 5-10x that is just too too much for basic end level gear

2.       All purple dungeons are taken off the Cross-server queues, and provide mats for improving the basic gear. Then the leets can go on and run the 6M and 4M to get their perfect gear and go do solo or whatnot. And the rest of us play what they want in the ‘good enough’ gear and level alts, and have fun, and know that they are not dead-ending because of it and will be provided the way to upgrade the basic gear again with the next installment.

OR

3.       Introduce additional drops for the subscribers for doing dailies in the dungeons with a decent amount of the crafting and upgrade mats.  In other words, give subs tangible benefits and turn the game into Subscription model game.

4.       (Optional) Collapse the crafting to fewer professions. Food and Silver Cauldron can be amalgamated, and so are the Earthseers and the Blacksmith. Crafting needs serious revisions, because the way it is now it’s the circle of doom where you never have the supplies to craft anything. Either eliminating or equalizing the OW nodes will be a great idea as well.

1. rework the game is not cheap.

2. im not sure what is the meaning. cross server means bid-fest. what's wrong with cross server dungeons? bid is the base of the game. it seems you want to rework the game in a easy-mode version of it.

or

3. would became too close to "p2w" bad reputation bad players are already giving it. my personal view. let's say im neutral in it.

4.  let's say im neutral.

all in all: how are those suggestions helping with the bots problem? how is a "complete rework" cheap and easy to make?

If there is no X-Server queues, bots will not be able to leech on the real players. But having an easier gearing mode allows the leet to play leet content, while the non-leet do not have to, and still can continue playing the game once the next chapter is published. Right now, someone who does not want to do harder content has to, and have to gear up because otherwise s/he will not be able to play next chapter of the game.

4 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

You know there's more than one server? Right?

huh? what the heck are you talking about lol?

This was directed towards the OP for his 1st page comments about his sources... not sure what you are trying to say. You took a wrong turn somewhere :P

11 hours ago, Kealuo said:

Cause NCsoft is a company that only Believes in Profit, 

LOL.. You do understand what the purpose of a "company" is, right? To make a profit. These aren't a bunch of selfless monks in Tibet developing this game for you to play for free.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

4 hours ago, Puppy Pie said:

it's 15.987665% bots please don't ask me about my source just look on reddit...

There's no way its this low on Poharan. Maybe close to 20% the day after a ban wave. But probably more than 30% on regular basis.

Guys Just drink some coffee and chill out. I know topic is boring and you guys want have some trolling and fun but don't miss the point please. Yes people asking how did I came up with 35 percent bot for Angler's Watch server since I not part of the dev. team I cannot just show you this is my source because it's not a legal thing to do. Statistics including number of player in servers basically populations. What all I do some math and  calculate the bot percentage and as you all know I never said this is official number for bots. if you really wonder go and check reddit.com and do your calculations which is I don't even need calculation I know bot's number very high in servers because I've seen it. I will keep fighting until there is no bot's in this game.Thanks for all the reply Cheers :-)

19 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Bots are there because there is a demand. The demand is there because the game pushes the player into the non-fun territory too aggressively.

All the actions taken so far to make the bots’ lives harder make the real players’ lives even harder, so it creates more demand for bots’ services in turn.

If the game views a Successful Player as a very bot-like, running and rerunning the content in the most efficient way for as many hours per day as possible, we will continue to have bots. I, the human being, with a couple of hours per day, and my likes and dislikes in the game. I am a cottage industry kindda player, but the game wants me to become a factory worker.

The main problem is that the end-game is not flexible enough to be fun. You do not outsource that which is fun for you to do. If gearing was easier, gods see, there is enough things to pick and chose from that you WANT to do in the end game, not that you HAVE to for months to get gear.

My solutions would be: 

1.       Reduce the amount of materials required for each upgrade of the weapon by the factor of 5. Getting one Transformation stone, 10 soulstones or 6 Poharan Perfumes is reasonable, but getting 5-10x that is just too too much for basic end level gear

2.       All purple dungeons are taken off the Cross-server queues, and provide mats for improving the basic gear. Then the leets can go on and run the 6M and 4M to get their perfect gear and go do solo or whatnot. And the rest of us play what they want in the ‘good enough’ gear and level alts, and have fun, and know that they are not dead-ending because of it and will be provided the way to upgrade the basic gear again with the next installment.

OR

3.       Introduce additional drops for the subscribers for doing dailies in the dungeons with a decent amount of the crafting and upgrade mats.  In other words, give subs tangible benefits and turn the game into Subscription model game.

4.       (Optional) Collapse the crafting to fewer professions. Food and Silver Cauldron can be amalgamated, and so are the Earthseers and the Blacksmith. Crafting needs serious revisions, because the way it is now it’s the circle of doom where you never have the supplies to craft anything. Either eliminating or equalizing the OW nodes will be a great idea as well.

I disagree.

The demand is there because people are too impatient in a game that is weighted for a reason and designed upon repeditive game play and this style of gameplay is not for everyone, thus people buy gold.

What then compounds this issue is, when the people who buy gold figure out that they just bypassed hours of gameplay, they then turn around and whine there is nothing in game to do.

Circle of derp life.

I don't really want to presume on behalf of other nebulous 'people'. I have never bought gold, and will not, because there is no point in doing it for me, as I like winning only by the rules.

However, in my personal experience, the game is too demanding on the amount of paraphernalia for every upgrade. I have been sitting on trying to either accumulate enough Poha's pees to upgrade my weapon to the 2nd step in Oathbraker (but wait! I miss the Fiend Staff from a dungeon that also costs 3 gold or I need to try that dungeon undergeared)  OR spending time earning 10 more gold (after I managed to secure my Moonwater Trans-stones) to upgrade the ring to Siren #1, for which I have all the mats.

Meanwhile, my storage is overflowing with a 1001 items (but NOT the ONE item I COULD use, the Fiend Staff!) that I need for breakthroughs and evolutions (half of which I don't even know if I will ever get to use, 'cause seriously, a thinggie that evolves bracelet? I don't even have an evolvable one). I grind my 13 SS per day like a good girl, try to fit in a dungeon and a bit of gold-bringing dailies, and I never have time to hit the arenas or do anything but swap pathetically slow level 1 crafting on alts or run a Lakeside cache. If I have a chicken ready on my main, there is never a mail outlet handy to send it over to make a dumpling on an alt.

When it comes to Machismos, I pretend that I am Scarlette O'Hara, and try to think about it tomorrow... or never, really, because if I let it register just how many I need, and how hard it's going to be to get that brutal quantity, I am afraid I am going to start weeping.

Being in this sort of dire straights for a few days is fun and exciting, but missing something from somewhere to get rid of at least one breakthrough, let alone an evolution for weeks drives me up the wall due to... storage. I have some outfits and items I can't even throw away, 'cause the game won't let me. I have items I have no idea if they are crucial ingredient in a stage of a weapon development 10 stages from now.

It's just nuts. I know the game wants you to do content, and it's fine and good, but, boy, that's too too much requiring 3+ different categories in quantities over 10 (and by the look of it over 100 at some point).

Seriously, how we could possibly have a concern about not having anything to do in NA/EU if the updates jump at us at a speed unheard of in the history of MMOs? Besides, if gearing a character was easier, people could play alts and actually like develop crafting.... which is right now is a part of your pension plan, because getting to it prior to retirement is not gonna happen.

Archived