Giant Hole in the Gaming Community

Kamne

Dear Ladies and Gentleman's

Today I want to talk about B&S security system and Hole in the gaming community. As you all know nowadays almost %35 percent of the population in servers are bot. That means 3 out of every 10 people who creates new character is a bot. I think that's the biggest problem at the moment because that's kill the competition between players. It's even effect market prices in the game. Bots killing bosses farming gold  and collecting drops now they even duel so bots killing bots in the arena. You can't even tag match with real players. Like all the MMORPG gamers we love the fair competition. I know it's difficult and frustrating but we love the pleasure of the accomplishment.  So why is this happening and what we can do to stop this.

Yes we need to STOP this. You can ask yourself why should I bother it doesn't affect me but it does. For example let's say an ordinary player who want to play unfair have hacking programs and using bot. So this player every day collects some items value let's say 5 gold and earn 100.000 exp. Then here comes the fair player for exp : he login 4 hours a day and earn 3 gold and 50.000 exp with daily quest etc. Who do you think have some advantage.

There is thousands of MMORPG  games available in the market but what makes an MMORPG game special. Ladies and gentleman's it is a fair competition. Well yes sometimes concept of  the game or the story can be attractive but in the long term we all want have fun and compete each other.

Moral of a fable is if we don't  stand against these people  and see no evil hear no evil speak no evil then there will be no more B&S in the future. This is not just about B&S likewise all the MMORPG will be lost in time. Well you can change games but that's not it and that's not how should it be. We are not just gamers we are the community we have to watch our backs.

When the developers design a character there is a story behind it and every game has different story to tell you different worlds to discover When I watch the B&S anime that fires me to play this game but now it's just sad that people just ignore bots or block rather than report them.

Thank you so much for reading and please feel free write down below your opinions good or bad about the topic and do not forget to report bots happy hunting.

OP NOTE: All assumptions are made using realistic data from Angler's Watch server.

Question : What is the probability of the bots in the Angler's Watch server in B&S ?

Solution : Let's say bots number in the Angler's Watch server is b.

P(b) = Obtained data/Estimated Data  = 0.35 x 100    P(b) = 35%. Probability of bot's in Angler's Watch.

Cheers,

Kamne

all these problems ncsoft has known about and have continued to ignore the real playerbase, so just do like what one of the others stated in a different forum which was along the lines of "since ncsoft continues to ignore us we ourselves should just ignore them" which i've pretty much done, everytime i log on to see the forums i see the problems which are still consistent and that turns me off from even pressing play now on the Blade and Soul launcher, in fact my wife renamed my blade and soul shortcut to Blade and Suck or Bot and Soul since that's pretty much the jist of the game now, incoming server merges by the summer, i think i'll stick to moba's since ncsoft has left a bad taste in my mouth since i played both aion and this game by them, both of which have shown they have no management in regards to account security and bots, gold sellers and cheaters which are among the worst i've seen in all the mmo's i've played

6 minutes ago, Azachi said:

Thatall these problems ncsoft has known about and have continued to ignore the real playerbase, so just do like what one of the others stated in a different forum which was along the lines of "since ncsoft continues to ignore us we ourselves should just ignore them" which i've pretty much done, everytime i log on to see the forums i see the problems which are still consistent and that turns me off from even pressing play now on the Blade and Soul launcher, in fact my wife renamed my blade and soul shortcut to Blade and Suck or Bot and Soul since that's pretty much the jist of the game now, incoming server merges by the summer, i think i'll stick to moba's since ncsoft has left a bad taste in my mouth since i played both aion and this game by them, both of which have shown they have no management in regards to account security and bots, gold sellers and cheaters which are among the worst i've seen in all the mmo's i've played

That's true but problem is not from the staff problem comes from the higher positions I understand them you know because it's really hard manage a MMORPG games these days who is going to pay staff's salary if nobody purchase NCcoin. Then company starts to loss and there will be time they will shut down the game and this is not only about Ncsoft other MMORPG companies also having difficulties to keep on. So we need mutual agreement at some point.

7 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Just curious. How did you come up with the 35% bot rate?

Are you just mocking me O.o well I not going to tell my source but you can check reddit I sure you can find somethings ^.^ ( Where is the fun in that if I tel you )

While not everyone reports, people ARE reporting. Problem is that when they report, little, or nothing, seems to happen. They still see a bunch of bots running around ruining the game, and the player's other solution lies in their wallets. So while I encourage reporting, if nothing seems to be happening, we will feel disheartened. And that's when people leave and the game withers. Sure. Nobody has a perfect solution to combat cheating (which is all this is about in the end), but when you see various levels of success varying between the game making companies, people tend to flock to those with more success.

As for the percentage thing. Nobody is mocking the OP. BUT, we all do wonder whens someone pulls rather precise numbers and is not a member of the dev team. I'm personally not curious about that since I don't care about percentages. Only that the problem is quite visible in game.

11 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

While not everyone reports, people ARE reporting. Problem is that when they report, little, or nothing, seems to happen. They still see a bunch of bots running around ruining the game, and the player's other solution lies in their wallets. So while I encourage reporting, if nothing seems to be happening, we will feel disheartened. And that's when people leave and the game withers. Sure. Nobody has a perfect solution to combat cheating (which is all this is about in the end), but when you see various levels of success varying between the game making companies, people tend to flock to those with more success.

As for the percentage thing. Nobody is mocking the OP. BUT, we all do wonder whens someone pulls rather precise numbers and is not a member of the dev team. I'm personally not curious about that since I don't care about percentages. Only that the problem is quite visible in game.

True I hope they fix this issue or servers will be dead soon. ( if people really wonder why %35 I will explain mathematically even you can calculate your self )

47 minutes ago, Kamne said:

Are you just mocking me O.o well I not going to tell my source but you can check reddit I sure you can find somethings ^.^ ( Where is the fun in that if I tel you )

Oh, so you dont have a proper source then. Wasnt expecting anything else anyway :)

%35 percent of the population in servers are bot. That means 3 out of every 10 people who creates new character is a bot

I'd like to know where this stat came from, because there is NO WAY in the time I have been here (since alpha,) that I have seen that many bots. (that many being 3 for every 10 people) in the zones I am in there is usually a few bots, not many. Maybe there are a few areas where there are "a lot " as they grind a area. But luckily I stay away from that, or haven't been "blessed" with seeing it. Either way... idk I hope the bot issue stops :)  mainly the spamming... but then again I don't see too much for that either.

On 10.4.2016 at 4:51 PM, Kitzu said:

rRealyI'd like to know where this stat came from, because there is NO WAY in the time I have been here (since alpha,) that I have seen that many bots. (that many being 3 for every 10 people) in the zones I am in there is usually a few bots, not many. Maybe there are a few areas where there are "a lot " as they grind a area. But luckily I stay away from that, or haven't been "blessed" with seeing it. Either way... idk I hope the bot issue stops :)  mainly the spamming... but then again I don't see too much for that either.

Really last time I checked there was too  much bot well of course my statistics based on Angler's watch server but I sure other servers is also the same.I think some people ask wrong question. Question should be how can we stop this as gamers. Answer is keep reporting bot's etc. so that we may have a chance to fair play and have fun. 

11 hours ago, Kamne said:

Dear Ladies and Gentleman's

Today I want to talk about B&S security system and Hole in the gaming community. As you all know nowadays almost %35 percent of the population in servers are bot.

Stopped reading here because unless you have proof, not interested and most of what you say is likely to be false.

Sadly im rooting for the bots to plunder the market that mean cheaper items for me right? But yeah i do agree that they are ruining the game but NCsoft has done noting since launch. So when i say i hope this game fails in the long run i mean it. Cause NCsoft is a company that only Believes in Profit,  They dont care about what there players say and have done little to noting about the bots and gold sellers, when they start losings players and money thats when i bet you they'll fix it and buy that time it will be to late,  Sure they'll still have there true player how many that maybe >_>  But the casual players will be  gone playing other games

Blade & Soul. good game. Terrible owners

4 hours ago, Kealuo said:

Sadly im rooting for the bots to plunder the market that mean cheaper items for me right?

Blade & Soul. good game. Terrible owners

Actually, no. If you pay attention you'll notice that every time there's a ban wave, prices drop for a day or two. When the bot army builds up again, prices climb again.

I feel that the bots do not hurt me, but the anti-bot measures do. I am not a great player, and I am undergeared and underfunded, so the game guard, the small dragon certificates, no EZ wins in the arenas, and high market prices are all negative consequences to my trying to make my way through the game.

I do not see any benefits to me personally if the bots are eliminated.

However, I think it is symptomatic of the game problems with the degree of grindiness that the botting is profitable. If we could obtain a decent income on a casual basis in a non-RL destroying amount of time, botting would be pointless. And, no matter what the gurus say, a regular player can manage very little on a couple of hours a day, providing the huge spread of odds and ends required for everything that comes from completing very different venues each of which is pretty much 2 hr commitment.

Of course, making the game more friendly to the rest of us will create the group of those who have gotten it all real fast and they will grow bored. But this is forever a trade-off.

I'd rather the game supported a new player, player that goes and does a few low to medium difficulty quests at random, a player that alts than the dedicated main that plays 4 hrs a day min in a dedicated playgroup farming the super-hard content on a precise daily schedule.

I think the game was a lot more fun if you could chose to do whatever you want to do that day and don't feel like you are now totally screwed because you did not run X instead. Seriously, I can't be the only one who hates an Activity X, but cannot see the way out of it and it poisons my otherwise happy BnS experience.

18 hours ago, AmaliaIronheart said:

I really do not think that you should talk about moral values when you say that.
Beside that...

...I am standing up to you because women are not things to grab and ditch for your own selfish sexual interest and it truly is my opinion that you shouldnt be talking about social issues without making sure that your social attitude is correct, people will not take somebody that seems hypocritical serious.

So gives a metaphor you don't like is a reason someone is wrong? o.O  That's just stupid.  :p

This isn't to say the OP is right, just that to say someone is wrong because you don't care for the metaphor they gave, doesn't make them wrong, it just makes you ignorant for thinking they're wrong because of it.

4 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

lmao, still waiting for a thread that actually gives a good solution to eradicating bots in a f2p game. 

ban them.

Ppl are creating them . ppl manage them . you need ppl to ban them. if 1 ppl out of 10 that respond to ticket got ban power and ingame check power bot may decrease alot (also hackers .....) . And it cost same price for the compagny . If you'r afraid about mistakes , plz .. autobanwaves are just worst.

As stated in another post, if you do nothing , it's easy for bot/hackers to proliferate, if you do something , it's harder.

atm , NC do nothing and it becomce worse. 

They have to start something now and then think about a long term solution.

Plus they still have huge security hole with that email change for account (Confirmation for change are send to the new email LOL) this kind of things make account easier to  steal/hack , and plz it's not hard to change.

1 suggestion by another player: remove stats from non-upgradable weapons and equipments. -> bots forced to upgrade hongmoon.

my 2 suggestions:

- more weapon-based zone in the game -> bots forced to upgrade weapons

- banhammer team that runs trought servers banning bots. -> bots forced to rerun a new account

5 minutes ago, Shukran said:

1 suggestion by another player: remove stats from non-upgradable weapons and equipments. -> bots forced to upgrade hongmoon.

my 2 suggestions:

- more weapon-based zone in the game -> bots forced to upgrade weapons

- banhammer team that runs trought servers banning bots. -> bots forced to rerun a new account

Great, another way to make my life harder. I am playing with 3 Oathbreaker accessories right now, while trying to raise gold to upgrade the weapon and the accessories. Seriously, enough is enough. The life of the new and undergeared is hard as is. The real players suffer much more than the bots. It's like pouring chemicals down to kill the dandelions. Sure, the bots are irritating, but they are no big deal....

Again, address the root cause, and that's the grind and excessive demand on the playtime, and there will be no bots left.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Great, another way to make my life harder. I am playing with 3 Oathbreaker accessories right now, while trying to raise gold to upgrade the weapon and the accessories. Seriously, enough is enough. The life of the new and undergeared is hard as is. The real players suffer much more than the bots. It's like pouring chemicals down to kill the dandelions. Sure, the bots are irritating, but they are no big deal....

Again, address the root cause, and that's the grind and excessive demand on the playtime, and there will be no bots left.

oh wow, suggest then a way , cheap, that avoid bots from the game. 

never satisfied players are the main problem in bot's fight.

Bots are there because there is a demand. The demand is there because the game pushes the player into the non-fun territory too aggressively.

All the actions taken so far to make the bots’ lives harder make the real players’ lives even harder, so it creates more demand for bots’ services in turn.

If the game views a Successful Player as a very bot-like, running and rerunning the content in the most efficient way for as many hours per day as possible, we will continue to have bots. I, the human being, with a couple of hours per day, and my likes and dislikes in the game. I am a cottage industry kindda player, but the game wants me to become a factory worker.

The main problem is that the end-game is not flexible enough to be fun. You do not outsource that which is fun for you to do. If gearing was easier, gods see, there is enough things to pick and chose from that you WANT to do in the end game, not that you HAVE to for months to get gear.

My solutions would be: 

1.       Reduce the amount of materials required for each upgrade of the weapon by the factor of 5. Getting one Transformation stone, 10 soulstones or 6 Poharan Perfumes is reasonable, but getting 5-10x that is just too too much for basic end level gear

2.       All purple dungeons are taken off the Cross-server queues, and provide mats for improving the basic gear. Then the leets can go on and run the 6M and 4M to get their perfect gear and go do solo or whatnot. And the rest of us play what they want in the ‘good enough’ gear and level alts, and have fun, and know that they are not dead-ending because of it and will be provided the way to upgrade the basic gear again with the next installment.

OR

3.       Introduce additional drops for the subscribers for doing dailies in the dungeons with a decent amount of the crafting and upgrade mats.  In other words, give subs tangible benefits and turn the game into Subscription model game.

4.       (Optional) Collapse the crafting to fewer professions. Food and Silver Cauldron can be amalgamated, and so are the Earthseers and the Blacksmith. Crafting needs serious revisions, because the way it is now it’s the circle of doom where you never have the supplies to craft anything. Either eliminating or equalizing the OW nodes will be a great idea as well.

Archived