Summoners so bad @ yeti

Yeti303

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.4.2016 at 9:28 AM, bns newb said:

ye you shouldnt generalize, plus its 6-man...full of nabs that refuse to take the time to learn mechanics and just leave if they die LOL

but as a summoner myself, i tend to run into more melee classes that have the ability to iframe atleast 6-7 circles yet refuse too and just rely on seed shroud to save their ass =.=

I can say an argument to this that it doesn't matter a shit if you know the mechanism if the player *cricket*s up one timing. I know the mechanics to the core by now but my timing still is off for some parts. Of course if the player doesn't know mechanism at all then it's the different matter but still some know it and just simply iframe 1 second too early or 1 second too late and then it's hell loose because "why the *cricket* you noob don't know the mechanism".

@Vivien It could be that I've been spoiled by clan runs, exp. players and 4men party. But I rarely frost sheath during heat phase in 6men. There's a few reasons for that. 1) Ppl already know the fight well enough to save their i-frames for it. 2) For range class, if I frost sheath and you are far from Yeti to run for the heat buff in time, you freeze for 10s+ and that's time lost in dps. 3) With good dps, Yeti can go into 3rd heat phase b4 some classes' i-frame cd is over after 2nd heat phase. That's when I would frost sheath.

But more often then not, it is during cold phase that many ppl have a harder time i-frame that first AoE freeze, I save up my frost sheath for that. If I am running 4men, I can't remember the last time I frost sheath during heat phase.

I am curious as if ppl really rather have frost sheath or not. I used to frost sheath during heat phase, but everyone was able to dodge that attack themselves and I end it up using it myself and then I am too far from heat buff and freeze out for 10+sec. Makes me feel silly by doing it.

If my first and so far only Yeti run is anything to go by, it's cold phase that's the most dangerous, even more so if people aren't good/quick enough to deal with ice pools before the Yeti AOE(s). Individual iframes should be good enough for heat phase. Save group-oriented ones for cold phase.

7 hours ago, Mistia said:

@Vivien It could be that I've been spoiled by clan runs, exp. players and 4men party. But I rarely frost sheath during heat phase in 6men. There's a few reasons for that. 1) Ppl already know the fight well enough to save their i-frames for it. 2) For range class, if I frost sheath and you are far from Yeti to run for the heat buff in time, you freeze for 10s+ and that's time lost in dps. 3) With good dps, Yeti can go into 3rd heat phase b4 some classes' i-frame cd is over after 2nd heat phase. That's when I would frost sheath.

But more often then not, it is during cold phase that many ppl have a harder time i-frame that first AoE freeze, I save up my frost sheath for that. If I am running 4men, I can't remember the last time I frost sheath during heat phase.

I am curious as if ppl really rather have frost sheath or not. I used to frost sheath during heat phase, but everyone was able to dodge that attack themselves and I end it up using it myself and then I am too far from heat buff and freeze out for 10+sec. Makes me feel silly by doing it.

It's easier to just skip through and dps those phases if you're in a preformed party and 4 men (which people know the mechanics very well by now).

I was mostly talking about the ones in 6 men pugs.

Archived