Summoners so bad @ yeti

Yeti303

13 minutes ago, TofuChicken said:

nah k 30 sec dunno where i got the 45 from ^^ but indeed it isnt waistable bcs its also the only skill to unfreeze ur cat if FM´s randomly cast group freeze so jeah if E is on CD that would mean u are dead as its definition. and the Dragonblood sentences should be a hint that im doing this instance only in 4man mode since a while ;)

So jeah u can use ur frames otherwhise but that would mean u cant carry anyways. If u have to carry with sum u just cant use E for cat save ore smt just use q as much as possible to prevent jump dmg but never have it on cd either on heat jumps to be able to CC and and and .. im making my rota just without "including an FM who carry me with ice block" ^^

Yeah I stopped wondering if FM in party is going to Sheath or not in pugs, I just use my AoE Shroud if I can to save people in case they couldn't get their iframe on.

But most farm in 6 man yeti first for soulshields and those that are still getting used to the dungeon mechanics should still take them, hence the dragonblood reference.

Like you said, 4 man's a different story xD

My whole point was that it's not just the class that sucks, but depends on the player playing that class :l

A lot of derpy people out there...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016/4/11 at 2:12 AM, vita said:

Me and my partner summoner rotate taunt Yeti at 4-man, we can keep Yeti almost stationary the whole time, so that our FM and DES doesn't have to chase Yeti too much.

We don't root Yeti, spec out of it for quite sometime.

Though I do agree about bad summoner, always see them when I decide to use LFP, like 5 summoner including me and my cat is the only one tanking.

When cat tanks summoners lose a lot of dps. When I duo with my summoner partner he never spec cat taunt because I as a FM can tank with 0 dps loss.

8 hours ago, Vivien said:

I did it on the first big jump but party was doing dmg too fast and 2nd heat phase came a bit too soon and by the time next big jump was gonna happen, my AoE Seed Shroud was still on cd so I couldn't use it, I used my other iframe instead to save myself.

I don't know what you mean by dragonblood not working, do you mean like you can't get them from the pillar or it's not working as intended during the boss fight after you get them?

I've had dragonblood work just fine on 6 man runs to farm soulshields, until 1 run couple days ago when it ate 2 of my hearts from just 1 jump. It's odd, but it never happened until that time. Never happened again since then anyways.

It's still safe and better than nothing to get them when it can save your life couple times if things go bad and you get frozen.

The heatphases come in 90%, 70% and 50% - Cold phase at 40%. There is no such thing as too fast.

The only time where something comes too fast, is when players don´t stop dps at 33% and 20% to give time to destroy ice circles to reduce the frozen cruxes.

Not so sound elite... but I don´t understand why people talk about dragon blood. Yeti is all about 4mans ... 6mans is not worth the time and so easy that there shouldn´t be forum threads about it all.

2 hours ago, Smilence said:

When cat tanks summoners lose a lot of dps. When I duo with my summoner partner he never spec cat taunt because I as a FM can tank with 0 dps loss.

cat does little dmg, is is nothing compared to the dps you lose if the yeti cc you with a forward aoe or jump stun.

Taunting cat with 2 summoners or having a BM/KFM to tank, is the best way. It gets messy real easy, if a FM is kiting the boss around.

1 minute ago, Victorion said:

The heatphases come in 90%, 70% and 50% - Cold phase at 40%. There is no such thing as too fast.

The only time where something comes too fast, is when players don´t stop dps at 33% and 20% to give time to destroy ice circles to reduce the frozen cruxes.

Not so sound elite... but I don´t understand why people talk about dragon blood. Yeti is all about 4mans ... 6mans is not worth the time and so easy that there shouldn´t be forum threads about it all.

For those that want the Yeti soul shields instead of using full scorpion or staying with laby, they need do 6 mans (unless they're spending some money on this current Treasure Trove event).

4 mans don't give you soul shields, you should know that since you seem to do 4 man quite often.

And yeah I know about those % but there have been many times with party full of 500+ AP where we hit those intervals too fast for me to recast my AoE Seed Shroud again after the first. Cooldown on it would still be left in 3~5 seconds by the time 2nd one is about to happen (and this is the heat phase).

Dragonblood comes in handy for the people who are still trying to figure out how to do the dungeon or just suck in general on how to avoid things.

I'm recommending to take them for those that are not confident till they're used to the mechanics.

Just now, Vivien said:

For those that want the Yeti soul shields instead of using full scorpion or staying with laby, they need do 6 mans (unless they're spending some money on this current Treasure Trove event).

4 mans don't give you soul shields, you should know that since you seem to do 4 man quite often.

And yeah I know about those % but there have been many times with party full of 500+ AP where we hit those intervals too fast for me to recast my AoE Seed Shroud again after the first. Cooldown on it would still be left in 3~5 seconds by the time 2nd one is about to happen (and this is the heat phase).

Dragonblood comes in handy for the people who are still trying to figure out how to do the dungeon or just suck in general on how to avoid things.

I'm recommending to take them for those that are not confident till they're used to the mechanics.

Yeti #2 is the only piece that really is better than Naryu/Scorpions. You could argue the 5th piece as well, due to higher crit - but the rest has less crit/hp than maxed rolled naryu and Scorpio#1. Currently sitting on full naryu with 50% crit rate, which is enough.

About the enhanced seed shroud. you don´t need to do it at the heatphases... you just control you cat, and taunt the cat to let it take the jump dmg, double daze the boss right after the bars go black and then move into the lava - done job. We´re using the enhanced seed shroud on the 2nd jump, but mainly so everybody is at the lava spot immediately to pickup the 5stacks of heat buff. There is no such thing as too early on heat phases.

Dragon blood is easy mode. 50% more players thus 50% more dps in 6mans, and practically 3 lives vs 1. There should be no reason to talk about yeti 6 mans, in the forums. as it´s so easy that anybody with no clue can survive it, as long you don´t die in the heatphases. 

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

Yeti #2 is the only piece that really is better than Naryu/Scorpions. You could argue the 5th piece as well, due to higher crit - but the rest has less crit/hp than maxed rolled naryu and Scorpio#1. Currently sitting on full naryu with 50% crit rate, which is enough.

About the enhanced seed shroud. you don´t need to do it at the heatphases... you just control you cat, and taunt the cat to let it take the jump dmg, double daze the boss right after the bars go black and then move into the lava - done job. We´re using the enhanced seed shroud on the 2nd jump, but mainly so everybody is at the lava spot immediately to pickup the 5stacks of heat buff. There is no such thing as too early on heat phases.

Dragon blood is easy mode. 50% more players thus 50% more dps in 6mans, and practically 3 lives vs 1. There should be no reason to talk about yeti 6 mans, in the forums. as it´s so easy that anybody with no clue can survive it, as long you don´t die in the heatphases. 

If in preformed parties, sure things can go nicely as you mention.

But when you end up running in pugs for whatever reasons it may be, sometimes it's hard to pull off what you want to do especially if someone tries to put in other cc instead of you trying to daze into 2nd jump to keep him from jumping.

I just shroud to help the people who derp and can't stay alive (which half the time it happens).

If I'm in a preformed party with BM/KFM that actually wants to tank, then I don't taunt on my cat to mess up their flow because they know what they're doing.

And it's up to own's opinion on which is better to use, like I said, people who WANTS those Yeti pieces will need to do 6 man to get them, reason why they discuss about the specific dungeon here.

Also, I'll take Yeti's slightly lower HP over Naryu pieces, I'd like to boost my accuracy up for upcoming dungeons.

I can still do just fine with 52k hp with 6 Yeti pieces, 1 Naryu and 1 Scorp, don't need 65k+ hp. I have 5k crit and 1300+ accuracy, getting ready for Asura runs (still would like to work on getting that last 200 more accuracy).

It's not just about HP and Crit rate anymore in future contents to come, you need to boost other stats as well.

If you're worried about losing some HP stats from ditching laby pieces, then you probably shouldn't use Asura pieces later on as you'll lose hp when switching out to the new best PvE set.

I'll say it again, having to repeat this over and over again.

Dragonblood is a useful mechanic for those that are trying to learn the dungeon's mechanics and get used to them.

Not everyone knows how to do it right off the bat for the first time, so if you're queuing in and still learning, pick up a couple to stay alive.

Going into 4 man without knowing how the dungeon works is like a suicide, so learn it and get used to doing it from 6 man then move onto the next one.

No need to tell others to not take them at all or even say 6 man is not even worth mentioning, it's a forum and people can discuss things.

This is a sub-forum about dungeons, why can't people talk about whatever they want to discuss regarding to the dungeons?

I've seen people die even with taking 2 dragonbloods on them, so it's definitely not a dungeon that someone who doesn't know what to do or how to survive it, can survive (honestly players at that point are just kind of bad unless it's their good honest 1st time of the dungeon).

6 hours ago, Victorion said:

5 hours ago, Victorion said:

You don't need to worry about being sounding elite because the misinformation you're giving makes you look anything but. Talking about how the heat waves never come too quickly shows that you've never run in a high dps party. It's not surprising that enhanced seed shroud might still be on cooldown when the yeti does two heat phases right after each other. Also the part about stopping dps at 33% and 20% is once again for inexperienced parties/pugs that want to go with the safe route. Having an fm in the party automatically means that you don't need to worry about the cold waves at all. The most annoying part of the cold phase is when the icicles knock me into an ice circle which slows down dps. In well geared parties you can actually kill yeti before icicles even fall.

As for what you said about soul shields... the only times people have calculated a combination of naryu/yeti/scorpion to be more crit than full yeti is when they neglect to factor in the crit bonus given for having full set yeti. Naryu pieces do give more hp, but hp is more of a crutch because proper dodging ensures you take little to no damage. In any case, failing to dodge major mechanics will likely lead to you death no matter what hp you have (yeti's big jump, scorpion's nightmare wave, etc) so the hp really isn't that important. Also 50% crit chance is fairly mediocre and can be gotten with little to no effort (as evidenced by your poor soulshield setup) so it isn't much to be proud of.

u can even burst over all phases without an FM in ur group. Just jump into 2-3 ice fields to clear them and then burst him down.

6 hours ago, Victorion said:

The Yeti#2 is the sadly baddest piece of yeti set. It´s the one which everyone has filled with scorpion until they have the rest of yeti with suitable stats. If ur just looking for max HP i can congratulate u, u already have the best one with ur Naryu build for a long long while, only ur dmg will drop rapidly in new dungeons and new tower stages ... so good luck to u. Also u have forgot a few parts of yeti mechanics but im sure u´l learn it in a few more 6man runs while ur farming ur yeti SS in 2 weeks ;)

Inb4 summoner bots designed to screw parties over.

I have people hidden from view, but I do see a lot of summoners either die, mount the boss during heat phase, or just simply not use party dandelion at all, even in 4-man.

Did my 1st yeti6 on my smn alt today.

The double daze when yeti doesn't pick up tank was sweet and convenient.

If smns are dying in heat phase they dunno debuff mechanic i guess.

If they die in cold phase aoes they probs don't realise that true freind should be specced for 5 sec resist, not heal, and probably don't have 4(f) specced either.

yeti on smn is brainless and craptastically facedesk easy, but if they dunno their stuff it aint hapening....like any other class really?

It's the players not the class, all classes are given skills and utility to handle any situation some maybe better than others. If the players doesn't know how to use it, they will die regardless of the class they play.

there isn't 1 fine day you guys cant fcking leave summoners out of any topic. Just because they have an extra pet to tank/dps/daze you guys throw all kind of accusation towards them. From pvp( you called them too op but yet the top 100 ladders have so many kfm/fm/bd/sin), dungeon runs( you called them useless because they cant iframe properly while if you ever try to play summoner class you would know they only hav 2 useful iframe skill not incld. seedshroud) and lastly overall you said they needed to be nerf for watever reason because you think the cat is too overpowered add-on. Well if you think they are that great of a deal, why not try playing as a summoner instead of bitching n being all jelly over their cat. In yeti, not only summoners but infact so many people of other classes know shit about yeti mechanics. When i asked them to watch the youtube videos, they said mehh lazy, busy, no time and etc ( some even said do we need to learn from other ppl how to play a game? ). But when yeti froze the whole party and gave a 1hit ko slam, the entire party started the blaming game and you can see people started leaving the party. 

It's not about classes here, it's about the players'mentality and commitment. 

35 minutes ago, nichii said:

there isn't 1 fine day you guys cant fcking leave summoners out of any topic. Just because they have an extra pet to tank/dps/daze you guys throw all kind of accusation towards them. From pvp( you called them too op but yet the top 100 ladders have so many kfm/fm/bd/sin), dungeon runs( you called them useless because they cant iframe properly while if you ever try to play summoner class you would know they only hav 2 useful iframe skill not incld. seedshroud) and lastly overall you said they needed to be nerf for watever reason because you think the cat is too overpowered add-on. Well if you think they are that great of a deal, why not try playing as a summoner instead of bitching n being all jelly over their cat. In yeti, not only summoners but infact so many people of other classes know shit about yeti mechanics. When i asked them to watch the youtube videos, they said mehh lazy, busy, no time and etc ( some even said do we need to learn from other ppl how to play a game? ). But when yeti froze the whole party and gave a 1hit ko slam, the entire party started the blaming game and you can see people started leaving the party. 

It's not about classes here, it's about the players'mentality and commitment. 

Omg someone who finally speaks the truth. It's summoner here and summoner there all day everyday. Even hackers are targeting summoners too. You guys need to turn your kid loving jerk off tendencies to the other areas of the Internet and preferably confined to your own room

I saw so bad destro, bd, bm, assasin, lock, fm, that dont even know how to avoid freeze and die at first jump at yeti 4, but its fine cause i'm summoner and save their life with my seed shourd or idk how is this skill called, so yeah, its not about class

On 4/18/2016 at 10:59 PM, Victorion said:

Pretends to be elite but thinks you should take time to do ice puddles. Cute. 

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Why has NO ONE ever said this when assassins were getting bashed left and right?

Because people defend best what they know best. How many besides you know Sins well enough to defend the class well?

Although you should tone down the Sin victim complex a bit. It's starting to get old. Your class isn't alone on getting flak and isn't even the one this topic is about, you know.

5 hours ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Well, shouldn't we? How about actual arguments against it instead of being snide for a change?

On 20/4/2016 at 11:06 AM, 876605_1452550437 said:

How else would you do it with 2 summoners and 1 sin? Not every run is with a FM or BM that has HM block. And breaking ice puddles doesn´t take much more time than the 7-8 cruxes that you just get frozen in and lose dps. We do the runs fine without FM or BM+HM block. The runs in my clan, I usually tank the Yeti tauntless to keep the bleed effect on, and even if someone misses a backstep timing, we still pull through everytime.

It pretty much sounds to me that most people expect everyone to be able to solo the whole dungeon. It is teamplay tbh and if someone is about to fail there is chance that someone else can protect the whole group and so the run doesn't fail. I don't get why people make it sound like summoner HAS to be able to basically solo the thing when there are also others to rely on.

The yesterday I actually had the pleasure of being in my most efficient yeti killing party yet. The makeup was kfm, 2x smn and myself as wl. Our average atk was around 520 and our kills were ranging from 2:40-3:05 left on yeti rage timer. This was a pickup that I joined after they wiped at yeti so no idea who was dragging them down before. A few things I learned from that fight about mechanics I have never seen posted anywhere else is that if you root yeti after his cold waves he just sits there like an idiot until they wear off. This allows WL and SMN to save people that mess up their iframes. Much like an FM, HOWEVER you can dps the entire time instead of wasting time while you sit in the iceblock for 5 sec or more if you never learned to iframe properly.

On our runs I ended up being the tank because I assume the smn nerfed their damage in favor of cc (I had a smn friend explain to me that for these smn to have their root and dazes like this they need to nerf their sunflower shotgun dps or something, I don't know as I don't play the class.)  This worked out fantastic because you can chain cc the yeti so he never hits anything and more dps is able to be done because you don't need to avoid his attacks. This also makes sure everyone's Iframes are up for when he does cold waves. We just burned through his cold waves and on every run he always did 5-6 waves depending on how many orbs we left up. Sometimes someone might have messed up an Iframe for a wave. However it wasn't a big deal in the slightest. As I would either ss the 6th wave or ss right after the 5th to snare him onto the ground, followed by a smn snare, followed by my 2, and another smn snare, and my ss again. By the time he actually jumped he was on the ground sitting there doing absolutely nothing for 12-15 seconds so even if someone did get frozen due to a misplay they would be unfrozen and still dpsing the boss for at least 6-7 seconds before he even gets to jump.

It all boils down to player skill/mentality more than anything. Most players are all about mememe and more dps for me. The give up core mechanics of the fight in favor of a bit more damage for themselves. Personally given the chance I would party with those two smn and kfm for every yeti run I do, however they spoke very broken english so our communication was pretty much non-existant other than me complimenting them on how much of an awesome job they were doing, so no chance in forming a static with them being on another server. What I would love to see is more smn adopting their mentality of nerfing their dps slightly to adopt a much more party friendly setup. Just keep in mind the only reason any of you ever get SB is because a wl is not using timewarp to increase their own dps at the expense of everyone else. The smn were also spamming daze + kitty sit on the yeti for more long cc which I never see any other pick up smn doing.

I felt bad for the kfm because he was apologizing for not holding aggro, but tbh I don't know how its even possible for kfm to hold aggro when for the first 15 or so seconds of the fight you cast 10 dragoncalls for 31k each. While also spamming rmb and wingstorm crits. These runs were probably my only fun time as tanking because these smn and kfm made me feel like I was doing my job just as perfectly as they were.

ye you shouldnt generalize, plus its 6-man...full of nabs that refuse to take the time to learn mechanics and just leave if they die LOL

but as a summoner myself, i tend to run into more melee classes that have the ability to iframe atleast 6-7 circles yet refuse too and just rely on seed shroud to save their ass =.=

Archived