Summoners so bad @ yeti

Yeti303

Seriously.. is it me? I've seen summoners with 500+AP get rekt in yeti 6man. I dont understand how. They literally have a button that makes them invincible.. and if that dont work.. isnt it their job to try and survive (by stepping on ice pools etc). But noooo.. all they do.. is shoot that damm sunflower.. and when yeti does 6 stacks.. they just freeze and die. Like they dont even try to learn it.. i feel like to them.. its just "imma do what i do best, shoot and shoot and shoot, everything else.. idgaf" Jesus fking christ.. and it is only the summonerrs.... i've watched Laguna stream 4 man yetis all the time.. and summoners are ALWAYS the first one to die first. (it was funny watching him rage on stream). But i'm sure many of you get the point i am trying to make. WHY ARE SUMMONERS SO EFFING BAD.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen summoners duo yeti. I also am the one doing the majority of the damage/carrying people through mechanics in yeti on mine. The problem is these new dungeons aren't one you can just sic your cat in and spam without paying attention (which does terrible damage anyway)and actually require the char themselves to pay attention to things. Alot of summoner players skated by cause of the nature of the class and have no idea how to play as other classes without pets to soak up the danger for them do.

1 minute ago, Hire De Lune said:

I've seen summoners trio yeti, do I guess it depends on the player.

I kid you not. I've seen many games.. and have been in many games.. Majority of summoners just die constantly. I guess there are the exceptional few that really make an effort to learn the mechanics. I am not bashing on the class... more of bashing on the people that are playing these cancers. They think that summoners are like this little easy mode cancer cells that just rekts all shit with their cats and sunflowers that its ok for them to not learn any mechanics. Or shuld i say.. they just cant be bothered to do so because they are rolling a summoner.

3 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

I've seen summoners duo yeti. I also am the one doing the majority of the damage/carrying people through mechanics in yeti on mine. The problem is these new dungeons aren't one you can just sic your cat in and spam without paying attention (which does terrible damage anyway)and actually require the char themselves to pay attention to things. Alot of summoner players skated by cause of the nature of the class and have no idea how to play as other classes without pets to soak up the danger for them do.

^this... and the fact.. they loveeeeee to fking rooot during the yeti jumps.. and *cricket*s up everyone. I guess these bad summoner players are so spoilt by the easiness of the class that they dont bother to learn any mechanics whatsoever.

I did notice that trend too on TW that even high level summoners were usually the first ones to eat floor. But I think while they are easy in up to the current content, later on it requires dodging from everyone and summoners while they do have good defensive options don't really have many short cooldown dodges like alot of other classes do so it really requires planning out your frames. It's kind of a complete 180 from what people are used to and many simply haven't adjusted yet. 

1. Maybe needs to learn the mechanics.
2. 1 iframe mistake or "true friend(resist all attack in 5 secs)" mistake or pet being knockdown hence not to be able to use "true friend" properly might cause it.
3. There is only one intuitive iframe which is the SS. 4 Button Skill(dandellion) can be timed wrongly due to maybe point #1.
4. Constantly pulling aggro because of high dps and DOTs hence burning iframes or overwhelmed which can also be pointed to #1.
5. Used to cat taunting everything hence lack of class potential familiarity making them inefficient in clutch situations like yeti.

The reason why summoners are having hard time with it is that Advanced Seed Shroud does not work against most of the boss AoE. The true friend iFrame is only helpful vs the stomp. So we´re pretty much left with backstep and an extremely unreliable beckon iframe.

I´ve done yeti 4mans alot of times, and if the team doesn´t do it right (mess up the cc i.e.) , you´re sometimes just out of way to iframe.

It´s not that the players aren´t good enough - its that the class rely alot of teamwork and experience from the rest of the party.

Before sins were dying more than any other classes in dungeons, and they were the least wanted class in dungeons (before lvl 50). They died alot too before, and I never thought that they simply sucked and relied on stealth too much - it´s simply that bosses that does front attacks and aoe constantly, makes it difficult for a sin to not periodically take dmg, and with a low base hp, you get bad odds.

Me and my partner summoner rotate taunt Yeti at 4-man, we can keep Yeti almost stationary the whole time, so that our FM and DES doesn't have to chase Yeti too much.

We don't root Yeti, spec out of it for quite sometime.

Though I do agree about bad summoner, always see them when I decide to use LFP, like 5 summoner including me and my cat is the only one tanking.

Guys.. I am sorry. Lemme rephrase. Mainly talking about pug summoners who don't seem to have a clue on what going on. And mainly talking about them summoners without a FM partner to freeze them through all 8 stacks of ice.

12 hours ago, Yeti303 said:

Guys.. I am sorry. Lemme rephrase. Mainly talking about pug summoners who don't seem to have a clue on what going on. And mainly talking about them summoners without a FM partner to freeze them through all 8 stacks of ice.

All those summoners are ppl who shout "summoners are op and easy to play" and rerolled and they can't handle the game play.  Anyway...idk about you but when I do runs we don't even have 8 waves of freeze lol so figure out how to do the dungeon right :p

On 4/10/2016 at 2:22 AM, Victorion said:

The reason why summoners are having hard time with it is that Advanced Seed Shroud does not work against most of the boss AoE. The true friend iFrame is only helpful vs the stomp. So we´re pretty much left with backstep and an extremely unreliable beckon iframe.

I´ve done yeti 4mans alot of times, and if the team doesn´t do it right (mess up the cc i.e.) , you´re sometimes just out of way to iframe.

It´s not that the players aren´t good enough - its that the class rely alot of teamwork and experience from the rest of the party.

Before sins were dying more than any other classes in dungeons, and they were the least wanted class in dungeons (before lvl 50). They died alot too before, and I never thought that they simply sucked and relied on stealth too much - it´s simply that bosses that does front attacks and aoe constantly, makes it difficult for a sin to not periodically take dmg, and with a low base hp, you get bad odds.

i am sorry but i do not agree with you at all.i have 35-40 4man yeti runs and i can tell you  as summoner if i had the dmg to kill the yeti before timer  i can solo it very easy.

the main problem is people dont know  when to taunt with the cat,when to CC and when to iframe.

as for iframe there is  nothing complicated   here that can make you fail.on heat phase you dont let him grab, for example  if you taunt with your cat when heat phase start she will resist the  grab and not only that but yeti will jump over her so there is no danger for any of party members. then you simple daze and move into his ass so you remove the freezing debuff,then you can seed or SS or press X so many thing to stay alive.

on COLD phase summoner is your best friend ever.he SS the when yeti freeze and seed the whole group when he does his AOE so even people who cant iframe dont die.make sure you clear the ice fields  intime and thats it.there is no room at all for summoner to die in this fight and if he does then he is simple bad player or he dont know how yeti boss works.

I'm a summy.i returned to the game few days ago.Reached 50. I have few explanations about this boss yet i struggle to understand them-each party i went with says smth confusing mostly.I also have the damn lags +15 sec freeze since this amazing update. I see still in the forums the hate is real against summoners. 

Moving slowly to Tera ,i see theres no freezes .

Hopefully here ppl can be more friendly tho.Good Gaming all.

9 hours ago, Windy said:

I'm a summy.i returned to the game few days ago.Reached 50. I have few explanations about this boss yet i struggle to understand them-each party i went with says smth confusing mostly.I also have the damn lags +15 sec freeze since this amazing update. I see still in the forums the hate is real against summoners. 

Moving slowly to Tera ,i see theres no freezes .

Hopefully here ppl can be more friendly tho.Good Gaming all.

If you are not sure or do not understand a boss mechanics did you actually read up a guide or watch a video of it instead of simply relying on other players information. Certain bosses have different way to handle the mechanics and not every players does it the same way. Never had freeze before or after the update.

I played Tera, I can tell you beside the freeze there is probably not much difference in terms of grind or how the player base is. LFP is full of +15 gears speed run, if they see undergear or not so awesomely gear players in instant matching they just leave the party. New to the dungeons, no one will explain stuff to you. The best way to really get things done is to join a good guild that will help you otherwise, it's pretty much grind all the way to get the gears you need. Oh gears needs to be enchanted and masterwork, and both can fail, so you spend most of your time farming materials for it, and then pray it doesn't fail. You can buy gears as well but it will cost you, the latest +15 gear probably cost a few millions, while something from the previous patch 350k-450k for weapon alone.

On 11.4.2016 at 8:08 AM, VirtuoZzzo said:

Tell me, am I? 

Jeah u are bad, u were not able to dodge a single attack by urself, not even try to "save up" CCs and the FM has saved ur ass over and over again. Atleast the last one was pure luck u only have to read ur group chat to know that nobody knew what to do. To give u something to think about would you not accidentally SS into 1 Ice field the boss would have killed u.

So combined in one sentence, i would like to take a Quote

On 10.4.2016 at 6:13 PM, Yeti303 said:

"imma do what i do best, shoot and shoot and shoot, everything else.. idgaf" 

but congratz u already learnd ur E resist :)

On 12/4/2016 at 0:00 AM, SkoobyDoo said:

make sure you clear the ice fields  intime and thats it.there is no room at all for summoner to die in this fight and if he does then he is simple bad player or he dont know how yeti boss works.

And this depends on the party. if your party doesn´t stop dmg at 33% and the phase just after, to get rid of ice circles, you´re gonna have to iframe 7 cruxes + boss aoe. And you´re just out of iframes - unless you´ve got FM party ice or BM hongmoon party block.

Yeti dungeon mechanics aren´t rocket science - but timings can be tricky to get right everytime, and even the players that done it plenty of times, often still mess up a bit.

Like your cat is stunned when you really want to cc or simply out of range, or you backstepped to avoid a boss attack, and now he´s jumping at you again, and you need to save that backstep for upcoming boss aoe etc.

At least 4mans version, where we´re talking no dragon blood. Not including revival charms and cats farewell or other types of ress obviously.

On 14.04.2016 at 5:34 AM, vita said:

I played Tera, I can tell you beside the freeze there is probably not much difference in terms of grind or how the player base is. LFP is full of +15 gears speed run, if they see undergear or not so awesomely gear players in instant matching they just leave the party. New to the dungeons, no one will explain stuff to you. The best way to really get things done is to join a good guild that will help you otherwise, it's pretty much grind all the way to get the gears you need. Oh gears needs to be enchanted and masterwork, and both can fail, so you spend most of your time farming materials for it, and then pray it doesn't fail. You can buy gears as well but it will cost you, the latest +15 gear probably cost a few millions, while something from the previous patch 350k-450k for weapon alone.

I don't know how it is for Tera NA, but Tera EU doesn't have grind and elitist players requiring you to have +15 gear. 

As for Yeti, I have no idea how to dodge his jumps so I don't really do that dungeon :D

On 4/15/2016 at 9:35 AM, TofuChicken said:

Jeah u are bad, u were not able to dodge a single attack by urself, not even try to "save up" CCs and the FM has saved ur ass over and over again. Atleast the last one was pure luck u only have to read ur group chat to know that nobody knew what to do. To give u something to think about would you not accidentally SS into 1 Ice field the boss would have killed u.

So combined in one sentence, i would like to take a Quote

but congratz u already learnd ur E resist :)

Savage burn.

To me, I always have AoE Seed Shroud ready for my party for the Yeti runs.

I do them every time (except for the 3rd heat suction) unless party dd's too fast and my AoE Shroud's not finished in cd, then people need to SS out of it.

What I notice in pugs instead is FMs not using Frost Sheath to help out...

They just do Tab to freeze themselves or whichever iframe they want to use BUT Frost Sheath. WHY???

There were so many times that I've run into FMs in pugs, on the first heat suction I'll do my AoE Shroud just in case FM doesn't Sheath party (because you also get people who will not SS and wait for FM or Summoner to Sheath/Shroud for you every time and if somehow FM/Summoner couldn't save you, they just stay frozen).

If I see FM Sheathing us on that first suction (I've already put in my Shroud but doesn't matter on the first part), then I'll let FM do their Sheaths first after that and use my AoE Shroud on the ones after Sheath if it happens again too fast from high dps.

But more than half of the pug FMs I meet will not Sheath and just do whatever to save themselves only...

I've only met few FMs that know how to do Tab+Sheath combo during Yeti's Cold freezing moments after he sucks in the ice circles (if party is bad and ignores circles or requested by FM to just dps and they will save us).

But then again, I've also met Summoners who absolutely don't know about staying close to the tank (if grabbed during heat) or boss (not grabbed) and get themselves frozen every time, and doesn't E back their cat from being stomped on by Yeti (if they choose to not Taunt to not mess up designated tank's aggro, usually BM or KFM).

Your cat will take lots of damage from those jump-stomps (before freezes) so you want to E them back so they don't get hit when you see the boss jumping to somewhere, so the cat doesn't rush to follow the boss and get stomped on.

Or you could also just Q to save your cat if you spec out of taunt if tank doesn't want any aggro pingpongs.

You can't use your X to iframe when needed with your cat dead so it's good to keep your cat alive if possible, but I've seen many Summoners that end up killing their cats from not doing this.

If the cat died from unfortunate event of being frozen, then not much you can do about that. But all other times you can E your cat back to keep them alive and you won't have to waste time on trying to heal your cat with Z when its HP goes down to like 10% from being stomped with every jumps.

So yeah there are many players out there that doesn't really know what to do for this dungeon or still doesn't know how to use some of their skills, not just Summoners though.

Seen plenty of other classes that doesn't know how to do this boss or just sucks at not getting hit.

Oh and those that are being cheap and not getting 2 dragonbloods when you know your own limits and that yourself will have trouble surviving this boss, just don't queue up at all -.-

21 hours ago, Victorion said:

And this depends on the party. if your party doesn´t stop dmg at 33% and the phase just after, to get rid of ice circles, you´re gonna have to iframe 7 cruxes + boss aoe. And you´re just out of iframes - unless you´ve got FM party ice or BM hongmoon party block.

Yeti dungeon mechanics aren´t rocket science - but timings can be tricky to get right everytime, and even the players that done it plenty of times, often still mess up a bit.

Like your cat is stunned when you really want to cc or simply out of range, or you backstepped to avoid a boss attack, and now he´s jumping at you again, and you need to save that backstep for upcoming boss aoe etc.

At least 4mans version, where we´re talking no dragon blood. Not including revival charms and cats farewell or other types of ress obviously.

well as summoner you can iframe alot.SS first one use x and resist next 3 then E and  you still have seed.so you can resist 5 w/o FM or HM block and still keep your seed to save other frozen member of the group.i have saved the day as summoner so many time.in other words if you dont wanna stop pre 30%  just clean 3 fields and summoner can carry.ofc if you have hm block or fm  game become way more easy however this is topic about summoner   so lets focus on this class and what we can do alone.

as for having aggro as summoner i never had problems tanking  the yeti as sum.simple use your SS to avoid his jumps and no yoou dont need SS all the time for his AOE you have  many other iframes.

13 hours ago, Vivien said:

To me, I always have AoE Seed Shroud ready for my party for the Yeti runs.

I do them every time (except for the 3rd heat suction) unless party dd's too fast and my AoE Shroud's not finished in cd, then people need to SS out of it.

What I notice in pugs instead is FMs not using Frost Sheath to help out...

They just do Tab to freeze themselves or whichever iframe they want to use BUT Frost Sheath. WHY???

There were so many times that I've run into FMs in pugs, on the first heat suction I'll do my AoE Shroud just in case FM doesn't Sheath party (because you also get people who will not SS and wait for FM or Summoner to Sheath/Shroud for you every time and if somehow FM/Summoner couldn't save you, they just stay frozen).

If I see FM Sheathing us on that first suction (I've already put in my Shroud but doesn't matter on the first part), then I'll let FM do their Sheaths first after that and use my AoE Shroud on the ones after Sheath if it happens again too fast from high dps.

But more than half of the pug FMs I meet will not Sheath and just do whatever to save themselves only...

I've only met few FMs that know how to do Tab+Sheath combo during Yeti's Cold freezing moments after he sucks in the ice circles (if party is bad and ignores circles or requested by FM to just dps and they will save us).

But then again, I've also met Summoners who absolutely don't know about staying close to the tank (if grabbed during heat) or boss (not grabbed) and get themselves frozen every time, and doesn't E back their cat from being stomped on by Yeti (if they choose to not Taunt to not mess up designated tank's aggro, usually BM or KFM).

Your cat will take lots of damage from those jump-stomps (before freezes) so you want to E them back so they don't get hit when you see the boss jumping to somewhere, so the cat doesn't rush to follow the boss and get stomped on.

Or you could also just Q to save your cat if you spec out of taunt if tank doesn't want any aggro pingpongs.

You can't use your X to iframe when needed with your cat dead so it's good to keep your cat alive if possible, but I've seen many Summoners that end up killing their cats from not doing this.

If the cat died from unfortunate event of being frozen, then not much you can do about that. But all other times you can E your cat back to keep them alive and you won't have to waste time on trying to heal your cat with Z when its HP goes down to like 10% from being stomped with every jumps.

So yeah there are many players out there that doesn't really know what to do for this dungeon or still doesn't know how to use some of their skills, not just Summoners though.

Seen plenty of other classes that doesn't know how to do this boss or just sucks at not getting hit.

Oh and those that are being cheap and not getting 2 dragonbloods when you know your own limits and that yourself will have trouble surviving this boss, just don't queue up at all -.-

U cant just "waste" ur E as it is an resist with 45 sec CD, u can use Q ofcourse its more a problem that most of sums dont know how to tank or more kite an boss without cat taunt. Nah a few will learn howto as dots like bleed get more important in further content. 

A few of ur arguments are not even related to summoners as alot ppl with every class mess up with heat phases.

Dragonblood? I´ve heard about that Mysterious drug but that pillar dont wanna work in my runs dont matter how many coins i have with me :/ ;)

12 hours ago, TofuChicken said:

U cant just "waste" ur E as it is an resist with 45 sec CD, u can use Q ofcourse its more a problem that most of sums dont know how to tank or more kite an boss without cat taunt. Nah a few will learn howto as dots like bleed get more important in further content. 

A few of ur arguments are not even related to summoners as alot ppl with every class mess up with heat phases.

Dragonblood? I´ve heard about that Mysterious drug but that pillar dont wanna work in my runs dont matter how many coins i have with me :/ ;)

You have other iframes to use to save yourself so E isn't too big of a problem to use it as iframe most of the time, heck I get by fine with just X, SS, and AoE Seed Shroud.

But some of my arguments such as the heat one, as you pointed out, were yes indeed about FMs and I guess you didn't see my point there.

Reason I said that is because OP was targetting specifically at the Summoners saying all Summoners are bad and always are the one to die first.

I was trying to say it's not just the Summoners that are bad in these runs :P

Other classes can be just as bad when they don't know what to do/lazy and relies on FM/Summoner for every big jump.

I've actually had someone who bitched at me for not AoE Seed Shrouding them on the 2nd big jump.

I did it on the first big jump but party was doing dmg too fast and 2nd heat phase came a bit too soon and by the time next big jump was gonna happen, my AoE Seed Shroud was still on cd so I couldn't use it, I used my other iframe instead to save myself.

KFM in party bitched at me about not saving them, while they have many iframes they can use on their own if needed.

I don't know what you mean by dragonblood not working, do you mean like you can't get them from the pillar or it's not working as intended during the boss fight after you get them?

I've had dragonblood work just fine on 6 man runs to farm soulshields, until 1 run couple days ago when it ate 2 of my hearts from just 1 jump. It's odd, but it never happened until that time. Never happened again since then anyways.

It's still safe and better than nothing to get them when it can save your life couple times if things go bad and you get frozen.

Doesn't matter in 4 man runs though I guess.

Also, 45 sec cd on E? ._.

It's 30 sec cd for iframe use on any points you put in and becomes 60 sec only when used while you're cced down...

Are you thinking about X which is the one with 45 sec cd?

1 hour ago, Vivien said:

You have other iframes to use to save yourself so E isn't too big of a problem to use it as iframe most of the time, heck I get by fine with just X, SS, and AoE Seed Shroud.

But some of my arguments such as the heat one, as you pointed out, were yes indeed about FMs and I guess you didn't see my point there.

Reason I said that is because OP was targetting specifically at the Summoners saying all Summoners are bad and always are the one to die first.

I was trying to say it's not just the Summoners that are bad in these runs :P

Other classes can be just as bad when they don't know what to do/lazy and relies on FM/Summoner for every big jump.

I've actually had someone who bitched at me for not AoE Seed Shrouding them on the 2nd big jump.

I did it on the first big jump but party was doing dmg too fast and 2nd heat phase came a bit too soon and by the time next big jump was gonna happen, my AoE Seed Shroud was still on cd so I couldn't use it, I used my other iframe instead to save myself.

KFM in party bitched at me about not saving them, while they have many iframes they can use on their own if needed.

I don't know what you mean by dragonblood not working, do you mean like you can't get them from the pillar or it's not working as intended during the boss fight after you get them?

I've had dragonblood work just fine on 6 man runs to farm soulshields, until 1 run couple days ago when it ate 2 of my hearts from just 1 jump. It's odd, but it never happened until that time. Never happened again since then anyways.

It's still safe and better than nothing to get them when it can save your life couple times if things go bad and you get frozen.

Doesn't matter in 4 man runs though I guess.

Also, 45 sec cd on E? ._.

It's 30 sec cd for iframe use on any points you put in and becomes 60 sec only when used while you're cced down...

Are you thinking about X which is the one with 45 sec cd?

nah k 30 sec dunno where i got the 45 from ^^ but indeed it isnt waistable bcs its also the only skill to unfreeze ur cat if FM´s randomly cast group freeze so jeah if E is on CD that would mean u are dead as its definition. and the Dragonblood sentences should be a hint that im doing this instance only in 4man mode since a while ;)

So jeah u can use ur frames otherwhise but that would mean u cant carry anyways. If u have to carry with sum u just cant use E for cat save ore smt just use q as much as possible to prevent jump dmg but never have it on cd either on heat jumps to be able to CC and and and .. im making my rota just without "including an FM who carry me with ice block" ^^

Archived