Droprate owerhaul - we need it!

Mallior

Hi eveyone,

I am an european working guy with full time job. Means daily 8 hour work, rest is playing, housework, etc. :) Usually have around 3-4 hour minimum gameplay daily. And i like BnS so when i heard that Ncsoft will publish a NA/EU version, and they said- "we will make it to na/eu players" i though -"yeay, better droprate faster upgrades on my wep/acc". But after 2 month playing, no. Its the worst. Overall we had the worst droprate in JP/TW/ RU version.

So,

-i dont care the bots,

-i dont care the lags,

-i dont care the unblanaced casts,

-i dont care the bugs, (favourite is combat bug<3)

-and finaly i dont care the toxic community that bns usually has :P

But i do care the drops :) mostly costumes and upgrade materials. (in the past weeks we farmed the 4 man dungeons and...omg...i though my rage about costume drops was real but this? :D its must be a joke, not even talking about that Poha/BSH drop nerf...)

These 2 is the rarest in our version, but without reason. They pushing the contents so fast, maybe they forget to increase the drops...who knows? :)

So thanks the playtime, it was fun. I am also "leaving" as a lot of player did.

I wrote this because i already posted about my costume farming things which did not end up well :)   <- spending a lot of time without any success feels not good.

These are my words but not only my thoughts :(

So everyone who read this, feel free to comment about your droprate experience, maybe one or two forum moderator will read it and do against something. (hopefully not deleting my post:P)

truly, I'd like a system using achievements like marvel heroes has

eg: run a dungeon 200 times gives you the guaranteed drop (there faster dungeons require a higher number of runs than the big ones)

that could at least work for costumes.

anyway last few days doing beastbog and not a single shield drop since maintenance....

2 hours ago, Mallior said:

Hi eveyone,

I am an european working guy with full time job. Means daily 8 hour work, rest is playing, housework, etc. :) Usually have around 3-4 hour minimum gameplay daily. And i like BnS so when i heard that Ncsoft will publish a NA/EU version, and they said- "we will make it to na/eu players" i though -"yeay, better droprate faster upgrades on my wep/acc". But after 2 month playing, no. Its the worst. Overall we had the worst droprate in JP/TW/ RU version.

So,

-i dont care the bots,

-i dont care the lags,

But i do care the drops :) mostly costumes and upgrade materials. (in the past weeks we farmed the 4 man dungeons and...omg...i though my rage about costume drops was real but this? :D its must be a joke, not even talking about that Poha/BSH drop nerf...)

These 2 is the rarest in our version, but without reason. They pushing the contents so fast, maybe they forget to increase the drops...who knows? :)

I wrote this because i already posted about my costume farming things which did not end up well :)   <- spending a lot of time without any success feels not good.

So everyone who read this, feel free to comment about your droprate experience, maybe one or two forum moderator will read it and do against something. (hopefully not deleting my post:P)

If people are able to play 1 - 2 hours a day and still progress, so can you.

Look at how you manage your time in game, that is he most important thing.

The drops are purposely weighted in a way to promote farming because " korea " i really wish was a better explanation but there really isn't... fact of the matter is Korean players and asians typically (but not always) love farming, is only so much they can change for the states. Good news is we have keys to alleviate some of that grind and with currency exchange its a bit easier then before. As for costumes i think only thing i'd like is the costumes added in for marks, even if its a high amount, that way we can get those rare costumes if we play often enough. Or just add them to hongmoon store... are some costumes i'd love but i dont have the drive to farm them...

13 hours ago, Dotimus said:

truly, I'd like a system using achievements like marvel heroes has

eg: run a dungeon 200 times gives you the guaranteed drop (there faster dungeons require a higher number of runs than the big ones)

that could at least work for costumes.

anyway last few days doing beastbog and not a single shield drop since maintenance....

This is actually a very good idea, we already talked about it in other forum topic. So achievement system working, there are already dungeon achievements, like 100 run, now they only had to add a costume to it, and it would be great if they add all the dropping costume to achievement as well. I dont know the reason why not?.....if we farming at least we will get it for sure (i defenetly play more time to get all the costumes, i already bought all from ncoin), BUT we cant trade, cant give to an alt, and as i see NCsoft wont make the regular dropping costume as tradable(they talked about it in their steam), so the only solution is to get rid off the 50% of raging droprate topics to make the ingame costumes as achivement. (the achievement vendor guy has a very low collection from costumes :S )

Ncsoft wont lose money, wont lose raging player about costume droprate. If you ask what if we accidentaly get two costume(1 drop and 1 from achievement???) so what, we just sell it for 1 copper as we already did with junghado's clothes. 100+ run no hat :P

For the record: this is my second topic, im not really "butthurt", but i read a lot about bad luck players, you can find in every page in the forum. And yeah, Devs or Mods are reading this....usually...they read my last topic about Daily Dash, 70% of the player agreed that the last Daily infinite spin was not so good :S we wanted costume from it, and? they give it.

If we give feedback, they can improve the game, and i think they try it, and i know they already have a lot problem with bots and hackers right now.

The path from T Profane > T Siren needs to be made easier / cheaper. T Siren seems to be level 50's version of T Profane, but it is SO much harder to obtain than T Profane ever was and a lot of new players just are not making it from TP to TS. Not to mention my own selfish alt reasons for wanting this change (;p), it really does need adjustment. Accessory drop rate / ability to obtain breakthrough items needs immediate attention (like take down servers and patch it in now attention).

Frozen Venom Darts, you already know. 

As someone who most likely has the most failed attempts at Infinite Challenge on the NA server, I am ok with outfits being difficult to obtain. Outfits should be ncs largest revenue source and making in game outfits to easy to obtain would cut into that. Not to mention, difficulty to obtain means exclusive / desirable / worth farming hours of your life away for.

KatHead,

You are right in everything, but really.

And what Dotimus said above, 100 run in dungeon to get the that costume that dropping there....yeah it takes a LOT farming. For example Infinite Costume: takes around 15 min to complete the dung-> 15min x 100 times = 25 hour farming....that is not much, double it...so achivement should be around 200 run to get it...but...i can agree this and the Wig hair costume should be the 2 rearest ingame....but i am thinking about the unlucky ones, becasue what if a player not get it in the 400th run? Yeah, rage quit, and i can understand when someone else got it on the 1st run. These things not make the game easier, these are costumes, and yeah we will still buy any new costume comes out in hongmoon store, because we are collecting them.

And dont afraid, people wont run around in the same costume, as usually, like right now :) everyone in the same new hongmoon costume :D even bots wearing it xD

@Mallior

You assume you´re automatically entitled to every single drop that you desire if you put a little effort into it.

You´re not!

Some drops are meant to be rare and exclusive. And there´s nothing exclusive or rare, if you could get it easily - nor much satisfaction from an easy archievement. It´s the same in all major mmo´s and if that´s your reason for leaving, you should probably pick a whole different genre of gaming.

NB: lookin up your character (http://eu-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=Mallior&s=205)

Mallior

Attack Power : 383

HP: 41283

Piercing : 487

Accuracy: 817

Critical Hit: 1972

Critical Dmg: 1195

I doubt there´s alot of players that will run 4 mans with you. Without being an elitist, I´d really not like to run any of the new 4mans dungeons with you.

I´d have no problem doing any 6man dungeon with you, but 4mans... no thank you. You´d be dying too easily, especially as a sin and with little dmg to contribute with. The only thing that is going for you, is the buff you could provide and party stealth to make runs go a little faster. But I doubt you´d be able to solo the miniboss in Yeti, or solo an orb in awakened necro  - or help much on the enrage timer on the lairs totem-boss.

Final note: alot of players exaggerate the numbers when they complain about RNG. I.e. they´ll say "i´ve done 250 naryu runs and never seen the fujin uniform" - but in reality they are just pulling the number out their "#!sses and in reality they only did 20 runs total. Personally, I´ve done alot of runs and a time I solod brightstone all the time for the tears. However, looking up in my archievement records, I only did 51 brightstone runs, where I thought I had done at least a 100.

1 minute ago, Boscodash said:

nah we dont, 100 percent weapon evolution rate is good enough imo, if they were going to overhaul rng drop rate for 1 ITEM, they might as well give us rng evolutions that can fail like bns 1.0

ouch that would hurt like crazy. My next weapon upgrade is true breeze and will cost me around 700G.

7 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

i played that hell, it was not fun. 

played a different game, where you´d upgrade your weapon much like bns - however when the upgrade failed, the entire weapon dissappeared, and you´re back at scratch. I feel with you ~

29 minutes ago, Victorion said:

@Mallior

You assume you´re automatically entitled to every single drop that you desire if you put a little effort into it.

You´re not!

Some drops are meant to be rare and exclusive. And there´s nothing exclusive or rare, if you could get it easily - nor much satisfaction from an easy archievement. It´s the same in all major mmo´s and if that´s your reason for leaving, you should probably pick a whole different genre of gaming.

NB: lookin up your character (http://eu-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=Mallior&s=205)

Mallior

Attack Power : 383

HP: 41283

Piercing : 487

Accuracy: 817

Critical Hit: 1972

Critical Dmg: 1195

I doubt there´s alot of players that will run 4 mans with you. Without being an elitist, I´d really not like to run any of the new 4mans dungeons with you.

I´d have no problem doing any 6man dungeon with you, but 4mans... no thank you. You´d be dying too easily, especially as a sin and with little dmg to contribute with. The only thing that is going for you, is the buff you could provide and party stealth to make runs go a little faster. But I doubt you´d be able to solo the miniboss in Yeti, or solo an orb in awakened necro  - or help much on the enrage timer on the lairs totem-boss.

Final note: alot of players exaggerate the numbers when they complain about RNG. I.e. they´ll say "i´ve done 250 naryu runs and never seen the fujin uniform" - but in reality they are just pulling the number out their "#!sses and in reality they only did 20 runs total. Personally, I´ve done alot of runs and a time I solod brightstone all the time for the tears. However, looking up in my archievement records, I only did 51 brightstone runs, where I thought I had done at least a 100.

You're assuming that the character you linked is the OP's main. One, plenty of people have forum handles that are different from their main character names. Second, that character doesn't look like it's been played since Naryu Lab was released, considering it's using a full set of Endless Tower and is only 45 HM3, whereas anyone who's done a decent amount of Silverfrost content will at least be lvl 46..

On 9.4.2016 at 1:47 AM, Mallior said:

Hi eveyone,

So,

-i dont care the bots,

-i dont care the lags,

The last days i farmed the whole day BSH but not one good drop - nothing. And you must always carry Noobs who don't even know the way with you.

No Skins, no skills. What you want with this shit? Only cash-crap?

Agreed with the drop rate. I had to farm ShadowStrike for weeks to get 1 of the 3 items to drop. It's just STUPID what they make players go through to keep them coming back and putting time into doing something that will result in diminishing returns in terms of enjoyment (or lack there of since stuff doesn't drop).

Another thing NCSoft needs to look at is the the upgrades and crafting. Even at 50, people are still having trouble upgrading their weapon and accessories with Moonwater Transformation stones and the gold it costs to upgrade it. It takes too many Soulstones and quartz just to craft one, and the price on the market is just stupid high (On Mushin at least). Then there's the spawn timers for people farming (and bots running) for quartz. The rich deposits that spawn every 3 hours and about 10+ people hovering over the spawn location, hoping their ping is low enough to tick the pickaxe farming animation.

NCSoft--we get you're trying to have us farm over and over with your ridiculously low RNG on drop items, but in the long run, it's just going to *cricket* people off and make them turn to a different game that's more sensible. Like the OP, not everyone has hours and hours of time to sit around, repeating dungeons and hope something drops. In the end, they're just going to say: "F this, I'm done!" You folks need to look at your crafting system and play the live game yourself (as an end-user/customer) and see how much time it takes for you to level, upgrade, and go through crafting/gathering. 

11 hours ago, Taemek said:

Biggest load of crap I have ever read.

Level 50's don't have issues buying Moonwater Transformation Stones champ.

Just so you know, Marketplace is game wide, not isolated to the server you are on.

Nice first troll post though, 1/10.

Then you try crafting the transformation stones required to upgrade and see how that goes. And it's not trolling, champ, it's frustration with how this game is designed compared to others. The people I've talked to in-game that try to craft and upgrade are just as frustrated--that ones that don't have the time or money to buy NCoins or have low ping to farm quartz they need to craft them--I speak for them too; people from S.America, Brazil, and Argentina. I've played with them and talked to them. 

If what I said is a load a crap, why are you responding to it?

Hi again,

Few things;

@Victorion  - :( it's not my character, i moved from other BnS to here later in january, and seems a sin took my name, and as i saw he already left the game. But thanks the research. Actully i am around 510ap/55% crit/195% crit dmg and true breeze weapon next. And when i said "leaving" the game, thats mean moving back to :) other BnS, and waiting for patch here :P they have to make one in the near future, every 2nd player is a bot right now :)

@DragonAlex  - if you asking me at the end of your post: I want better droprate in some evolving material, acc, wep, etc. and want a system where player get a costume IF they making enough effort to get it, like running a dungeon 100-200-500 times and its fix to drop even from achievement or from a vendor who can exchange your dungeon drop for a costume. Second question: HELL NO :D .....ncsoft pushing that cashshop thing too much, you already can buy pirate emblem, warrior token there, its pay to win, they will push more i thing but its NOT COOL, man. :( and if you asking this from ncsoft :) well......:P

@Unsane  - that is an opinion, same as mine, same as a lot other player. BUT its defenetly not a " Biggest load of crap " as Taemek said. As my starter post have a line: we do have a toxic community :) 

Bye the way, i have no problem with the current upgrade costs, YES they are expensive.....but come on, this is kind a 'endgame' thing. THe problem IS,  we didnt get any better droprate on the previous 'endgame evolution' mats as you said, hard to get the moonwater stuffs :S . AT least we really dont have RNG evo :D oh the pain from beta, nah i dont want to remember.

We dont have any Suggestion topic or Player's feedback main forum topic, it would be great, but  we dont have, so that is why i made this topic. Thanks for replies, and dont fight with each other, just give what you think, because as you can see Mods really reading this. (Or at least they watching our behavior :P noone want to be on the Naughty list)

1 hour ago, Mallior said:

Hi again,

@Unsane  - that is an opinion, same as mine, same as a lot other player. BUT its defenetly not a " Biggest load of crap " as Taemek said. As my starter post have a line: we do have a toxic community :) 

Bye the way, i have no problem with the current upgrade costs, YES they are expensive.....but come on, this is kind a 'endgame' thing. THe problem IS,  we didnt get any better droprate on the previous 'endgame evolution' mats as you said, hard to get the moonwater stuffs :S . AT least we really dont have RNG evo :D oh the pain from beta, nah i dont want to remember.

We dont have any Suggestion topic or Player's feedback main forum topic, it would be great, but  we dont have, so that is why i made this topic. Thanks for replies, and dont fight with each other, just give what you think, because as you can see Mods really reading this. (Or at least they watching our behavior :P noone want to be on the Naughty list)

@Mallior - First off, I simply stated my opinion and feedback from my experience + many other players'. The other person made it his business to say "it's a load of crap", so the toxicity didn't start with me calling people and their post derogatory names. I've mentioned no names of any players or say anything negative to anyone, just my frustration. Tell the other person to keep things to himself if he can't say anything civil.

Many people I've talked to said the game was fine/good up until level 45. But at 50 now, it's very expensive (time needed and gold or real cash-money) needed to upgrade gear. Endgame, yes; I've played many games to their endgame states. This one just feels like you need to spend a lot (again, time & gold) to even begin get materials to upgrade. Attempting to craft and get gathering materials with bots running around has also made it so cut-throat that the fun factor is just diminishing. You're right--at least there's no chance of fails on upgrading weapons; reminds me of other games that did the same.

Correct, it would be nice to have a section for give feedback and see if NCSoft reacts and apply changes based on those suggestions. As of now, the only way is to make new characters and write feedback every 2 levels.

18 hours ago, Unsane said:

Then you try crafting the transformation stones required to upgrade and see how that goes. And it's not trolling, champ, it's frustration with how this game is designed compared to others. The people I've talked to in-game that try to craft and upgrade are just as frustrated--that ones that don't have the time or money to buy NCoins or have low ping to farm quartz they need to craft them--I speak for them too; people from S.America, Brazil, and Argentina. I've played with them and talked to them. 

If what I said is a load a crap, why are you responding to it?

Level 50 players do not have trouble crafting or buying Moonstone Transformation Stones, sorry but that's a fact.

1 purple 6 man dungeon gives you enough gold reward to buy 1 transformation stone daily, and that's doing nothing else, so you are either flat out lying or haven't done any research on how to maximise your gold earning potential for your time spent playing.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

So i last 2 weeks: drops from 4 man dungeon even get worst, 2-3 stinger with weapons usually, and some rare 1 honorary fragmant or a very rare ~10 stinger drop.

Ridiculus.

After i decided to wait until Asura patch to get better drops, i started farming again Poha/BSH for costumes......................ARE YOU FUKKING ME? 0 drop after 40-50 run. Yes i heared other random partys got drop, still they got rarely. But NOONE SAW the HAIR WIG from bsh....and i didnt see any costume when i were in with very low geared people, i were not even mad, i just carry them. (i only saw one cat costume from poha -_-)

So what i feel....material price goes up, bad drops, FUKING HACKERS AND BOTS EVERYWHERE.....rly....they name are the same in the last 3 weeks xD

AM i Butthurt? ....dont know...yes, new event, is the best "PAY TO MAYBE WIN" event ever.

Oh and if any dev or moderator reading this. PLEASE CREATE A DAMN TOPIC FOR IDEAS TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER! Thank you.

-> upgrade the achivement vendor: put every dropable costume in, i am over 2300 achivement point....(yes...i were bored)....and i am over 98 costume in wardrobe, STILL MISSING some that i coudnt get it.////junghado's hat-> for warrior token maybe?, ///infinite challange costume for dreadtide token?///// yehara mirage-obsidian serpent, cap, veil-> rare droprate without reason....maybe put them into achivement vendor////// pale stalker raiment, hat, charm from tower-> again for warrior token maybe?)

->beastbog treasure hunt : 2nd map piece drop rate is awful from boxes....do something...getting the dragon raiment costume from there is........very hard....

Thanks the game. I be back at Asura. Waiting for a miracle.  o/

Archived