Leave a reply in this topic if you do not like Gameguard and wish for it to be removed from the game.

fjnley

So... GameGuard doesn't seem to be injecting itself into user processes anymore. It's also ok with my AV and AntiSpyware.

: )

How do I know this? I have software that protects processes and what not from other things that may want to inject themselves into those processes.

I also don't really see any performance impact, but I have a nice PC.

The scanning sucks, but hey, that's what pretty much all of the anti-cheat software does. Warden from Blizzard does this too.

While I have not experienced the same issues as others have, I have noticed FPS losses and general slowdown that were not present during the deactivated period we had. In addition, there is a possible legal issue with Gameguard: Not a single one of us agreed to have it. There is no EULA to agree to. NCSoft has failed their legally required duty as well to inform all users of its usage. Sony was sued years back...and NCSoft may be in a similar position.

Spamming, Trolling, or Topic Bumping 
These forums are an excellent tool for us to collect feedback and keep up with issues that are important to the community. Being intentionally disruptive, derailing threads, creating threads meant to act as ‘votes’ or petitions instead of discussion points and creating posts or threads intended to cause unrest in the forums are not behaviours conducive to this goal.
This includes, but is not limited to, bumping threads (except for guild recruitment) and posting memetic images or phrases that add nothing to the discussion.

read the CoC mate

Yeah, let's all follow the forum rules to the letter because the forum rules are all-important, as opposed to the in-game rules which get broken en-masse on a daily basis by endless hordes of bots and hackers GameGuard doesn't stop. How dare we voice our frustrations, concerns or objections in this manner.

Seriously, the problems of this game are so out of hand that you could at least leave the nitpicking about forum rules to the mods, I think.

@VodkaSteve

I've read the CoC. And thank you for bringing it up again. As I mentioned previously to another member as well as in the original post, these two threads are a work around poll thread. It's entire purpose is to help "collect feedback and keep up with issues that are important to the community." Rather than combining posts into one single megathread and simply waiting for the storm to pass. I've simply made a two part pseudo poll thread to help both the community here and NCStaff gauge their feelings on the topic that is Game Guard.

Rather than words with no actions (as is done with the megathread), at the very least a devised organized tally will help get the word and message across.

This has nothing with being intentionally disruptive and or derailment of threads. This can be seen as a vote/petition but this does have a main clear discussion point and that is: whether or not you as a playing individual believe in Game Guard. As I've not done anything mentioned in the last sentence of the paragraph, i.e. adding nothing of real potential value, I fail to see what it is that you wish for me infer from the CoC.

If by chance this as well as its sister thread becomes locked or merged. It just proves one thing, that NCsoft does not value input and that the forum is one big hoax made solely for PR damage control. And if that is the case, than this is a Titanic that's already past the half way mark to the iceberg.

dunno why but ever since GG is back.. everytime on contested areas like GHS and SSP im getting freeze stuter every 3-5 secs.. this never happened before gg was back.. kinda anoying seeing as its already anoying as hell doing those stuff and now with the stuters..

21 hours ago, fjnley said:

If you're for Game Guard, please visit the link above.

Simply leave a 1-3 sentence followed by a statement that you are against Gameguard and would like for it to be removed from Blade and Soul.

Remove it and replace it with what? More BOTs and hackers? Yes, I like to see it remove, but not w/o it being replaced with a better hack prevention SW.

I cant play without Wtfast, and wtf +game guard always causing my clan and faction chat Channel broken .. 

Remove it please.

Are you 120% certain of this? Because I have been using WTFast since CBT1.

Remove it. It doesn't stop bots, heck, there seemed to be more of them after they reactivated it, so maybe some bots even rely on GG being there to work properly, or something. Like many others have said various places, client side preventative measures just don't work. Then as with many others I find I have more performance issues with the game when it's active, than when it's not, including more disconnects.

For the science, I was looking for a way to disable GameGuard to test if hackers can bypass it. Setting it to "Idle" (priority), BnS is running without GameGuard fine and I can use not allowed programs, probably such as hacking tools.

So, with GameGuard, cheaters continue to cheat as before without any problem and legit players have crashs, FPS drop or lag.

Devs, we know that GameGuard DOES NOT change anything about cheat and hacking. Disable it and go fix exploits.

• Ooneka locked this topic
  • NCSOFT

Greetings,

There is no doubt that any feedback concerning Blade and Soul is important. However, there is already a thread which is entirely devoted to Gameguard and also monitored by our Community Managers:

By creating duplicate threads, you are not only violating the forums Code of Conduct, but you are making harder for anyone to get properly informed about this particular topic.

To add any constructive contribution about Gameguard, please use the thread mentioned above. This thread is now closed.

Team Blade and Soul.

Archived