Leave a reply in this topic if you do not like Gameguard and wish for it to be removed from the game.

fjnley

Related topic: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/201080-leave-a-reply-in-this-topic-if-you-like-gameguard-and-wish-for-it-to-stay-in-the-game/

If you're for Game Guard, please visit the link above.

As someone mentioned in another thread, it would be better to see how many people in the community actually are for and against Game guard. This topic is a work around for a poll thread (since there is no option to input a poll), this topic is the "against Game Guard" option. Please only post once, duplicate posts will not be counted. The tally will be marked and edited into the original post.

Simply leave a 1-3 sentence followed by a statement that you are against Gameguard and would like for it to be removed from Blade and Soul.

E.g. Game Guard is bad. I, xxJaneDoexx, dislike like Game Guard and wish for it to be removed from the game.

Tally count against Game Guard: 25

Guess I'll get this ball rolling.

Ever since the patch update, I've been crashing every 3-4 matches in the Arena and the same send error window would display. Sometime even more, and not even in PvP, even in X-dungeons I've been CTD at an average of 2-3 per hour. Suffice it to say it's not my rig, and the only thing that changed is the inclusion of Game Guard.

Simple point, I've noticed a decrease in performance from my computer ever since Game Guard has been activated, and ever since I've only played an average of 1 hour as the constant CTD is really hampering my game play. This is me, fjnley, stating I dislike Game Guard and wish for it to be deactivated and removed from the game.

I'd like get it removed aswell.

All the weeks without Gameguard the game was running smooth without any FPS stutters. Now with the GG back on, I'm getting stutters every 3-4sec which makes the game almost unplayable. Without GG i was able to do havrest and SSP without any problems. With GG on, those micro stutters are getting longer, the more people are there.

We are a bunch of people and like 50% are having major problems with GG.

I am not sure if it was the Gameguard BUT:

The day before this patch, I used to have decent ping and smooth game play, after that the spikes were real. So I asked people on faction if they were having strange lags as well, a lot of people told me they just turned on GameGuard and the performance went shit again. I donno if this was a coincidence but the time they turned it on and the the time I start to have constant spikes are the same. 

And yeah I agree on removing it just to see if it's really GG's problem. 

I would also like to add this : I rarely come on forum, I keep up with the news and understands the game by myself, have 3 lvl 45 chars before 50 patch. This thing is really bothering me because it ruined my PVP quite much, not really having good fighting results recently and I wouldn't dare touch my 2100 KFM anymore coz I'm afraid I might get pissed when losing due to spikes.

I would want Gameguard to be removed for the following reason:-

I have 3 slots left to get my regium Corvus, and wheel of fate is about to expire in a few more days...

I get error 4049 when I try to enter my game, and it's frustrating when I can't play the game I love.

When I accessed the game from outside my university, game was literally unplayable, and when I attempted my daily Mushin's, my computer felt like it had opened the ninth circle of hell, and that the almighty wanted to drag me down... 

I have friends on my server (Spirit's rest) and I enjoy my conversing with my faction and putting on a good mood for everyone. 

FPS Stutters are near unbearable, and I've disconnected 3 times over the course of 2 hours... and no, don't point the finger on the internet...

Because all of the above (except daily spin) were caused after Gameguard were introduced...

Since moderators claim that no voice is left unheard, here is my voice being put out there loud and clear.

I, Speras, do not want Gameguard present in my Blade and Soul, and I never consented to the download of third party software when downloading Blade and Soul. 

While its odd theres another seperate thread for it I'd be one to say I'd rather see it gone myself.

I've first hand experience of the grief it caused from the aion beta 7 years ago in which I ended up having to disable it on my end just to pkay the game (it was disabling my G13 joypad amongst other things) and a GPU that burnt out because of GG screwing with it in another game. I just dont trust the program even today because its completely unpredictable. I'd rather see it removed because while my systems are top end systems capable for compensating for most of the problems GG causes even I've noticed some glitches since its reactivation. The program does nothing against the bots IMO and is only counterproductive as well as unreliable and not fit for the western market as these things could be easily done from server end detection which is far superior and doesnt impact the user end game experience unlike GG. Most top modern MMOs dont use the kind of intrusive rootkit GG is and even WOWs warden doesnt cause trouble on peoples computers and terminates completely with the game shutdown unlike GG which still affects system stability without a restart.

Just remove GG as I dont want to have to go to the trouble of hunting down antigg ddls to remove its disruptive influence on my systems in the event of a dodgy update.

i'm also against it. huge fps drops(20ish fps on low+ctrl-F with i5 3570k oc at 4.4ghz, 7970 oc), ping issues, ctd/dc, and ping issues. before you spew the "call your ISP" candy like a wannabe smartass that has nothing else to say, my ISP is fine. i have lower than 70ms in every game i play that the server is located in EU. even on TW version i have more stable ping. the "hack prevention" on bottom right when you start the game is hilarious

Get rid of it. Disable it, remove it, destroy it, replace it. If Aion had enough sense to not put up with that worthless junkware, then there's no reason for Blade and Soul to put up with it. It does not work, and it hinders actual players, even those with good computers. Gameguard has to go away for good and never return.

I'd like to see GameGuard removed. I've been having multiple problems with it every time it has been re-enabled since launch and when it was disabled everything was totally fine. The number of bots and hackers however never changed and even seems to be increasing over time regardless the presence of GameGuard.

I'll state my opinion here

Everybody's PC is different, so if it doesn't cause somebody trouble, doesn't mean it is working for the others.

I experience a huge different before and after the system got applied --> FPS drop every 3-5s at the moment, very annoying

I started doing faction dailies in ssp couple days ago, and I have to set the setting to "optimize for low end PC" even though I have a very strong PC

Please remove it or change it in a way we can still play the game

I lost all hopes  they will ever remove it, but as other stated it causes lower performance in-game, out the game, eats up internet bandwidth, and I have to restart my god-damn PC everytime after I quit b&s cause it keeps client.exe, awesomium, and gameguard running ...

In all the years I've been playing MMORPGs of all kinds, every time a MMO used GameGuard, it was reliably overrun by hackers and the like.

Get rid of that trash. GameGuard is the worst excuse for a hack shield ever, and it's honestly sad that NCSoft decided to use this piece of garbage. Were they not paying attention at all?

Archived