Leave a reply in this topic if you like Gameguard and wish for it to stay in the game.

fjnley

Related topic: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/201081-leave-a-reply-in-this-topic-if-you-do-not-like-gameguard-and-wish-for-it-to-be-removed-from-the-game/

if you're against Game Guard, please visit the link above.

As someone mentioned in another thread, it would be better to see how many people in the community actually are for and against Game guard. This topic is a work around for a poll thread (since there is no option to input a poll), this topic is the "for Game Guard" option. Please only post once, duplicate posts will not be counted. The tally will be marked and edited into the original post.

Simply leave a 1-3 sentence followed by a statement that you are for Gameguard and would like to stay in Blade and Soul.

E.g. Game Guard is good. I, xxJohnDoexx, like Game Guard and wish for it to remain.

Tally count for Game Guard: 5

You may wish to check the forum rules & code of conduct ~

Besides that, there's already ample discussion on the forums about gameguard and creating several new threads about it'll only fragment the conversation and bury other relevant threads.

@Eimi

These two topics do not conflict with the previous game guard topic nor do they conflict with any of the forum rules and code of conduct. It's a legitimate pseudo poll topic as there is no option to implement a poll when starting a topic.

Instead of spamming the forum with TWO topics where as one would have been redundant enough, you could at least just have opened a straw poll since people are going to reply without stating their opinion on GG, or are going to reply with the opposing opinion in the wrong thread, making the post count completely meaningless. 

@Yamyatos

Rather than going to a 3rd party website, it's better for every topic and post to be allocated on the main official websites. I understand it may seem redundant, but it adds authenticity. Furthermore, 3rd party websites such as straw poll could be easily altered or pulled down altogether. The best solution to that is simply making 2 threads functioning as a pseudo poll thread, one for and another against. This isn't spamming, as it is in fact a functioning pseudo "poll-thread".

27 minutes ago, fjnley said:

@Yamyatos

Rather than going to a 3rd party website, it's better for every topic and post to be allocated on the main official websites. I understand it may seem redundant, but it adds authenticity. Furthermore, 3rd party websites such as straw poll could be easily altered or pulled down altogether. The best solution to that is simply making 2 threads functioning as a pseudo poll thread, one for and another against. This isn't spamming, as it is in fact a functioning pseudo "poll-thread".

I can see how well it works. /sarcasm off

Out of the (including this one) 9 posts in this thread, only ONE of them actually said he wants it to stay. With a quote of success this low, how does one thread having twice as many replies as the other have any value lol. It doesnt. It's meaningless. 

The rate of the opposing thread is higher, but unless you would have 100% in both threads, counting posts is just pointless. A page like strawpoll or anything similar would be way better for the job. Or, it would be usefull for this kind of job at all. Nobody cares if the link doesnt work anymore in half a year or so. 

Edit: Oh and of course ncsoft wont change anything just because >50% of the community believe it's better. If they dont think it's nessecarry, they wont change it even if 100% of the community would agree that GG is crap and needs to go.

19 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Out of the (including this one) 9 posts in this thread, only ONE of them actually said he wants it to stay. With a quote of success this low, how does one thread having twice as many replies as the other have any value lol. It doesnt. It's meaningless. 

The rate of the opposing thread is higher, but unless you would have 100% in both threads, counting posts is just pointless. A page like strawpoll or anything similar would be way better for the job. Or, it would be usefull for this kind of job at all. Nobody cares if the link doesnt work anymore in half a year or so. 

Edit: Oh and of course ncsoft wont change anything just because >50% of the community believe it's better. If they dont think it's nessecarry, they wont change it even if 100% of the community would agree that GG is crap and needs to go.

What exactly are you basing this on? The thread against game guard has 12 pages. Now at an average of 20 posts a page that's a total of 240 posts in that thread. Even if all those 240 posts were by separate individuals (which they are not) who were all against gameguard (which the aren't), 240 people against gameguard does not equal >50% of the community. Unless you think there are less than 480 people playing the game across NA and EU servers.

Most only go to the forums when they have a problem. The vast majority of people who are happily playing the game with no problems at all, don't come to the forums so judging the scale of a problem based on posts in a thread is a complete waste of time.

I personally have no problems with gameguard. Runs fine on my computer and doesn't affect my game play.

@Yamyatos

Indeed, but that's just people being people and does not disproves what I've stated previously. A poll simply requires more than one option, and as I've previously stated, this forum doesn't have a poll function. I would gladly make a single thread with a poll, but that is not possible. Would you like me to make a single thread without a poll then?-- that would make collecting data on the player community rather inefficient and sloppy. Rather the better alternative would be making two related topics, one for and another against, as I've previously stated. Unfortunately, I can not be the arbiter of people's judgement, if they wish to troll like I've said, that's just people being people.

On topic: Tally for Game Guard: 1

13 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

What exactly are you basing this on? The thread against game guard has 12 pages. Now at an average of 20 posts a page that's a total of 240 posts in that thread. Even if all those 240 posts were by separate individuals (which they are not) who were all against gameguard (which the aren't), 240 people against gameguard does not equal >50% of the community. Unless you think there are less than 480 people playing the game across NA and EU servers.

Most only go to the forums when they have a problem. The vast majority of people who are happily playing the game with no problems at all, don't come to the forums so judging the scale of a problem based on posts in a thread is a complete waste of time.

I personally have no problems with gameguard. Runs fine on my computer and doesn't affect my game play.

Most actually don't even bother going to the forums when they encounter a problem, assuming they're aware the forums even exist.  Everyone that I play BnS with don't bother with going to the forums because they know its pointless.  Others just don't care.  I've noticed that every time Gameguard is activated faction chat becomes significantly less active and world event areas have less people.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but its a pattern I've noticed.

Why people keep blaming all problems in gameguard? There are always tons of reasons things don't work properly, and ways to fix it.

Yes gameguard can't stop ALL the bots and ALL the hackers, but does i's work with many. We would have 3 times the hackers we have now if it was off. It only takes a small google search to see them talking in their shady forums, and u can even see some complaining about getting banned.

NCSOFT will KEEP GG, so deal with it.

I had several issues to get the game to run many times, all solved and GG still running. So it's perfectly fine. I only wish they would find YET ANOTHER backup security for those SHÏTTY hackers with no life that SUCK SO BAD they need to cheat in a game to win something, the only reason GG can't find some of them is because they BYPASS IT. 

48 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Maybe my english just sucks, but that's basically the same i wrote, isnt it^^

Doing a poll by counting posts in two threads is not a good way. Even if we were to assume that every person who responds, is actually doing so in the correct thread and that every post is "a vote" - even then it's not as clear as an actual poll would be.

I did never talk about the forums being very populated either. There's probably 1% or less of the player base actually writing in the forum, everything we say or spamm in threads has no meaning at all if what we want to do is some kind of "majority ruling" lol. But that wasnt the point of my post, my point was that a poll in two threads has no meaning at all and is pretty pointless considering that the number of posts a thread contains does not have any value considering that there will be people posting more than one time, people that post the "wrong" opinion (based on the thread) or people that post something completely different (like i am right now).

To the people who "don't have any problems with it" : wait untill one day you start having those so called problems (had a friend who didn't have any issues with GG untill they re implemented it last week; now his game is a fcking slideshot too), you're gonna cry so much...

Fact is : it's causing problems to a BUNCHLOAD of people while solving almost NOTHING (wow gratz on the 0.1% dumb enough people you'll catch since this crap can be EASILY bypassed).

53 minutes ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

To the people who "don't have any problems with it" : wait untill one day you start having those so called problems (had a friend who didn't have any issues with GG untill they re implemented it last week; now his game is a fcking slideshot too), you're gonna cry so much...

Fact is : it's causing problems to a BUNCHLOAD of people while solving almost NOTHING (wow gratz on the 0.1% dumb enough people you'll catch since this crap can be EASILY bypassed).

Again, how do you know the issues are directly related to GG and not something else they change in the client?

6 minutes ago, weaponzero said:

I have no issues with GameGuard whatsoever on my system. If it helps reducing the amount of exploiters and cheaters, i shall welcome it.

The problem is, it doesn't; not very well at least. 

For most, its just an added headache of cpu usage, and others have it even worse. The game reportedly ran far better with gg off than on, even if you don't necessarily have problems with it. 

If not performance,  gg has a tendancy to kick you from the game. In my experience, my disconnection rate spiked after gg restarted.

As a whole, its better if ncsoft stopped using this cheap temp solution and created their own detection system. 

Archived