Is This Right? (Game Performance [AMD])

4 minutes ago, Bruce Chi said:

So your first post was deceptive (whether intentional or otherwise).

Blackwyrm/Terrors/SSP/Harvest? If you maintain min 45FPS during those scenarios (and don't play on ghosttownsville server) you need to make a thread desbribing your exact setup/settings to be able to achieve such magic, as I'm sure many would love to be able to hit those figures.

I posted in attempt to help the OP figure out why he is having a issue with diminishing frame drops  while staring at the wall. MSI Afterburner, the only setting he needs to worry about is the power limiter switch ..  No reason to side track the thread because your dealing with bad Internet and high server congestion. IF he logs in at 45 FPS and over time he drops to 20 that sounds like the CPU is getting to hot and being down clocked. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Thanks, as clueless as I am with technical jargen in general, that kinda makes sense so I'll give it a go. :D

Your welcome, Hope you get it figured out by adjusting a few settings or turning off some of the other programs on your system.

4 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

I posted in attempt to help the OP figure out why he is having a issue with diminishing frame drops  while staring at the wall. MSI Afterburner, the only setting he needs to worry about is the power limiter switch ..  No reason to side track the thread because your dealing with bad Internet and high server congestion. IF he logs in at 45 FPS and over time he drops to 20 that sounds like the CPU is getting to hot and being down clocked. 

How exactly am I sidetracking the thread, he described having problems with fps in those scenarios (and in general) and you seem to have otherwise (unlike the hundreds of threads/posts from people that say otherwise). Asking you to help by providing how you achieve that is derailing in your eyes; I'd call it seeking truth.

Increasing the power limit to his GPU isn't going to stop it tanking to unplayable.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I can recommend a tool called RadeonPro which lets you set things like vsync/frame rate control/AA/etc outside of games' settings. 

I just installed that today as I was following a guide on reddit which seemed promising - people were saying that they went from 20 fps to a stable 70+ fps so I had to try it and it didn't exactly work.... I'm kinda afraid to mess with things I don't understand, despite me unlocking the OverDrive and trying out a few things in there, hmm... 

But yeah, I guess I'll never manage to get over 60 FPS on this game...

Now I know WoW's optimization is different but it's weird because I used to get 80-105 FPS on WoW and now I get around 50 on it, but that's another story - just saying. 

Thanks for trying to help @OneYouHate, @Bruce Chi and @Enhance...

This is why I created this topic After 7+ hours of trying out things to increase my FPS and game performance in general, I thought I'd head into Misty Woods since people were fighting a Terror and my game went crazy when I got close. This is on Optimized Combat with characters hidden, so if that can't help me, I don't know what can but I am done - I'll just avoid the areas completely. 

3 minutes ago, Hail0 said:

chances of overclocking your gpu gonna give you more fps in this game is less than %1 unless you're using  something like from 2005s

Yeah I'm not going to bother with the overclocking stuff now - I've come to the conclusion that it makes no difference for me, personally... t's definitely something else. It could even be something system-related which is easy to fix, yet I haven't found it yet because... what can I say, computer technology isn't my strong point lol

2 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Yeah I'm not going to bother with the overclocking stuff now - I've come to the conclusion that it makes no difference for me, personally... t's definitely something else. It could even be something system-related which is easy to fix, yet I haven't found it yet because... what can I say, computer technology isn't my strong point lol

you can have a gtx 980 ti but if you have an old cpu or something like amd with 6-8 cores , ur fps will be still bad.
this game doesnt need a good graphics card only cpu.

Just now, Hail0 said:

you can have a gtx 980 ti but if you have an old cpu or something like amd with 6-8 cores , ur fps will be still bad.
this game doesnt need a good graphics card only cpu.

Hmm makes sense. so, if I have Skype and iTunes open while playing, it will.. obviously cause performance issues in-game? I'm used to having them open from the days of playing WoW and other games, so I'm thinking that maybe it actually is a bad idea to have them in the background :P

35 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Hmm makes sense. so, if I have Skype and iTunes open while playing, it will.. obviously cause performance issues in-game? I'm used to having them open from the days of playing WoW and other games, so I'm thinking that maybe it actually is a bad idea to have them in the background :P

as long as you have enough ram, skype and itunes wouldn't effect ur fps i think.

what is the max resolution of your monitor? 

are  you running a single monitor setup?

right click your Windows Desktop, click graphics properties and change the resolution to 720p, load Blade and Soul make sure it is set to the native resolution of your monitor and see if you have an increase in frame rates inside of the game. It doesn't always work with every game, but on some, it frees enough system resources to make a game semi-playable.

If you're the type of person that has 500 program icons on your desktop, each one of those use system resources.Clean desktop is the best Desktop IMO. Look at the screen shot of mine I posted for you yesterday.

Skype and I tunes can effect your bandwidth and in turn that can effect how  your game runs. depending on how much available bandwidth you have.

Which version of Windows are you running? Disable all the Live Tiles, they tend to chew system resources up as well. Eliminate everything possible that can take away from your gaming experience, Once done then you know it is hardware related.

7 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

what is the max resolution of your monitor? 

are  you running a single monitor setup?

right click your Windows Desktop, click graphics properties and change the resolution to 720p, load Blade and Soul make sure it is set to the native resolution of your monitor and see if you have an increase in frame rates inside of the game. It doesn't always work with every game, but on some, it frees enough system resources to make a game semi-playable.

If you're the type of person that has 500 program icons on your desktop, each one of those use system resources.Clean desktop is the best Desktop IMO. Look at the screen shot of mine I posted for you yesterday.

Skype and I tunes can effect your bandwidth and in turn that can effect how  your game runs. depending on how much available bandwidth you have.

Which version of Windows are you running? Disable all the Live Tiles, they tend to chew system resources up as well. Eliminate everything possible that can take away from your gaming experience, Once done then you know it is hardware related.

I'm running a single one, yes - my monitor is a Generic PnP 60Hz 32 bit and my display resolution is 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) though I may give that a shot and see how it's like on 720p instead. 

I barely have any icons (29) on my desktop and toolbar (12) and my internet is pretty fast I guess;

DOWNLOAD

Download: 102.79Mb/s

Upload: 6.31Mb/s

Ping: 32 ms

So it is pretty confusing. I'm thinking that maybe I have messed up with updating my drivers... I used the 'auto detect latest version' tool quite a few times and I'm not even sure if it's related to that but maybe I should do a clean re-installment of them. 

@OneYouHate Question... do you use GPU Scaling? the option on AMD Radeon Crimson, Display?

Personally i do yes. I have VSR enabled and just about every MMO i play i set the in game graphics to 1440p resolution and let the GPU scale it back down to 1080p. I also do a clean WIndows install every 6 months and a reinstall of drivers and games. I think it keeps everything running well.  Overkill by some people I am sure, but that is what i do.  I'll post a copy of my in -game setting so you can see for your self as well as my system hardware. 

@Tupac Shakur

14y7nfs.jpg

egzpja.jpg

My Current hardware is :

MSI 970 Gaming motherboard

AMD FX 8350 Turbo disabled and oc'd on air to 4.2 across all cores 

Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler Single fan

MSI R7 370 2gb Gaming GPU at the setting I have already posted in screen shot with +20% power limiter- has the Twin Frozer Cooling system on it. 

10 gb of DDR3 1600 Ram 2 sticks of 8 gb and a stick of 2gb

Windows 10 Pro and game installed on the same SSD

Display is a 55" Insignia HDTV hooked to PC with DVI to HDMI cable 

Antec 850 watt High Current Gaming Psu

Case is a DIYPC Gamermax- White with 5 fans 2 intake 3 exhaust 

Nothing extra ordinary or special about the hardware is just a computer IMO 

5240907849.png

From My home near Memphis,TN to where i think the game servers are  located....

Archived