Is This Right? (Game Performance [AMD])

On 4/9/2016 at 11:40 AM, Enhance said:

Envious because I wish the game utilized my GPU (R9 390) to 100% instead of dropping frames with more people on map. 

I'll dump some information on you, so feel free to see what's applicable to your case.

- The game is very CPU-intensive. Your CPU is going to work its hardest and going to determine most of your performance. However, due to how this game is on DX9, it cannot use more than 1 core of your cpu. So this game's performance in regards to CPU is like this:

TwRk5Vn.gif

- 100% gpu usage is normal but might suggest that your GPU is overworking itself, 80%-100% is a healthy load. A bit of a storytime, when I played Devil May Cry I noticed that my GPU is incredibly loud and hot. I checked the FPS and the reason was right there- the game didn't limit my FPS and took everything available so I was running at 650 FPS. Limiting the frame rate solved it.

I have i7-6700K cpu and R9 390 videocard, my settings are these:

4bSskX7.jpg

Running 60 FPS everywhere except crowded areas like Grand Harvest Square, where it drops to 15-30 (and crashes).

If you wanna overclock something, overclock your CPU, perhaps with your motherboard automatic tools (I don't recommend using some random software for it, especially not ASUS software)

Also, as you're using Radeon, I can recommend a tool called RadeonPro which lets you set things like vsync/frame rate control/AA/etc outside of games' settings. You could play around and see if anything helps your case. I'm currently using it to limit game's FPS to 60 (in-game limit is set to 80). But of course, use it at your own discretion and at own risk, it's not affiliated with AMD/ATI blabla yadayada.

-- P.S.

Despite what vsync should be doing, enabling vsync in game increased my performance during early stages after release. It might've been some sort of bug, not sure if it's still there, but try doing that as well - won't hurt.

I ve noticed something like this too when i turned my settings down i actually got LESS FPS and when i put em all up to max i got MORE FPS IDK y, im not SUPER familiar with this kinda stuff but maybe increasing the settings make it use more of ur GPU power?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

Personally i do yes. I have VSR enabled and just about every MMO i play i set the in game graphics to 1440p resolution and let the GPU scale it back down to 1080p. I also do a clean WIndows install every 6 months and a reinstall of drivers and games. I think it keeps everything running well.  Overkill by some people I am sure, but that is what i do.  I'll post a copy of my in -game setting so you can see for your self as well as my system hardware. 

@Tupac Shakur

14y7nfs.jpg

egzpja.jpg

My Current hardware is :

MSI 970 Gaming motherboard

AMD FX 8350 Turbo disabled and oc'd on air to 4.2 across all cores 

Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler Single fan

MSI R7 370 2gb Gaming GPU at the setting I have already posted in screen shot with +20% power limiter- has the Twin Frozer Cooling system on it. 

10 gb of DDR3 1600 Ram 2 sticks of 8 gb and a stick of 2gb

Windows 10 Pro and game installed on the same SSD

Display is a 55" Insignia HDTV hooked to PC with DVI to HDMI cable 

Antec 850 watt High Current Gaming Psu

Case is a DIYPC Gamermax- White with 5 fans 2 intake 3 exhaust 

Nothing extra ordinary or special about the hardware is just a computer IMO 

5240907849.png

From My home near Memphis,TN to where i think the game servers are  located....

Nice, thanks. Damn, I notice that there's a lot of things I've gotta learn about when it comes to technology... I barely know anything lol nice setup though for sure

So I logged in just to say that nobody asked if the GPU was even clocking up (from the images it doesn't look like it is).

I have some questions that may help lead to the actual problem.

What is your GPU core clock rate when you are playing the game vs when you are idling at the desktop?

What is the size of your power supply?

Do you do any CPU, GPU, or memory overclocking?

And since I don't know if this game does deferred texture loading, what is your HDD speed

@bk5115545 Hey. I'll post some screenshots to hopefully better explain that for you, but one question... to determine the size of my power supply, I must open the PC's case to look at the sticker, right? as I haven't done that yet since I'm not so sure if that's what you mean or not. :P To answer your other questions for now;

What is your GPU core clock rate when you are playing the game vs when you are idling at the desktop?

When I'm idling in the desktop with just Google Chrome and iTunes open for about 5 minutes, this is what it looks like (I'm not sure if you meant judging by Afterburner or not)

SEnPCLY.png

------------------------------------------

When I'm in-game for about 4 minutes with around 14-24 FPS in a NPC-crowded quest area:

yxlTitk.png

------------------------------------------------------

Do you do any CPU, GPU, or memory overclocking?

Not exactly - I'm very new to all of that, so I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm doing and don't want to cause damage or anything, if you know what I mean... although I did try increasing these SLIGHTLY from the defaults, and the power tune control to 15, which didn't make any difference in-game really after 2 days of having it minimized in the background after opening it via Admin and applying the settings - tried with Triple-buffering on and Force tripple-buffering (OpenGL) on, still no difference really and I also did a clean uninstall of my AMD drivers and reinstalled the latest for my system, that didn't exactly make my game any different either. I've also uninstalled the client.exe and the launcher for BnS then reinstalled them/file repaired; no difference in-game with performance... 

ax2YXeK.png

--------------------------------------------------------

And since I don't know if this game does deferred texture loading, what is your HDD speed

I've never looked into this before, so I just did some searching for you and found out my HDD model and speed;

Apparently it may be this model, I'm not 100% sure but the model name ( ST1000DM003 ) 1TB is correct, so I assume it's that, anyway after using a program to look at my HDD's speed...

EDEZqLy.png

And the speed test showed:

YEMFmUN.png

Hopefully that's enough info for you, thanks for asking questions. Note: I've also tried lowering my PC's display resolution and in-game resolution; not much of a big difference either performance/FPS-wise. 

And if you're wondering what my RPM is, it's always 1000 RPM according to the little real-time interface on my PC case which also shows the tempature (usually cool, around 25°C -31°C

AMd R9 380strix, FX6300CPU, 8G ram, in solo 60fps everywhere, and when i go to faction quest at silverfrost or Grand harvest raid, i think  need hide the players. thats the best if you dont want big FPs drops( i use the FPS limiter)

On ‎9‎.‎4‎.‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Enhance said:

Envious because I wish the game utilized my GPU (R9 390) to 100% instead of dropping frames with more people on map. 

I'll dump some information on you, so feel free to see what's applicable to your case.

- The game is very CPU-intensive. Your CPU is going to work its hardest and going to determine most of your performance. However, due to how this game is on DX9, it cannot use more than 1 core of your cpu. So this game's performance in regards to CPU is like this:

TwRk5Vn.gif

- 100% gpu usage is normal but might suggest that your GPU is overworking itself, 80%-100% is a healthy load. A bit of a storytime, when I played Devil May Cry I noticed that my GPU is incredibly loud and hot. I checked the FPS and the reason was right there- the game didn't limit my FPS and took everything available so I was running at 650 FPS. Limiting the frame rate solved it.

I have i7-6700K cpu and R9 390 videocard, my settings are these:

4bSskX7.jpg

Running 60 FPS everywhere except crowded areas like Grand Harvest Square, where it drops to 15-30 (and crashes).

If you wanna overclock something, overclock your CPU, perhaps with your motherboard automatic tools (I don't recommend using some random software for it, especially not ASUS software)

Also, as you're using Radeon, I can recommend a tool called RadeonPro which lets you set things like vsync/frame rate control/AA/etc outside of games' settings. You could play around and see if anything helps your case. I'm currently using it to limit game's FPS to 60 (in-game limit is set to 80). But of course, use it at your own discretion and at own risk, it's not affiliated with AMD/ATI blabla yadayada.

-- P.S.

Despite what vsync should be doing, enabling vsync in game increased my performance during early stages after release. It might've been some sort of bug, not sure if it's still there, but try doing that as well - won't hurt.

That gif is so accurate it makes me literally lol

Archived