FM LB vs Orbits?

dmoe33

So im torn on either burn dmg or orbit stacks from HM LB cause with da dmg ur LMB hits REALLY hard but with orbits u get orbit stacks duel drags and dragon blaze ive heard the burn one is better but im still torn cause the dmg increase it gets is pretty ridiculous but at the same time the dmg boost from dragonblaze and AOE and dmg of duel drags gets sacked. Yes i know fire fury but i NEVER wanna use dat useless skill. Any insight? Any idea what they use in KR? Wanting to test it myself but dont have HM lb

Replies appreciated  

I think with the hongmoon skill the burn option will be better because it's a huge dmg boost for your no cost skill. If you don't have it, I prefer using the orbs. dragonblaze deals more damage than blazing beam and has no costs + it reduces cd of Meteor. Also, as you said, you are able to use double dragons without using fire fury.

I'm not sure what Version (without hongmoon skill) is better and I don't think the damage will differ a lot. It depends mostly on the player. With orb you have to use more skills while you don#t have to care about that with the burn version.

5 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

I think with the hongmoon skill the burn option will be better because it's a huge dmg boost for your no cost skill. If you don't have it, I prefer using the orbs. dragonblaze deals more damage than blazing beam and has no costs + it reduces cd of Meteor. Also, as you said, you are able to use double dragons without using fire fury.

I'm not sure what Version (without hongmoon skill) is better and I don't think the damage will differ a lot. It depends mostly on the player. With orb you have to use more skills while you don#t have to care about that with the burn version.

I know dragonblaze does more dmg but the main reason for using it is the dmg boost FOR blazing beam as well as meteor inferno etc. but what i wanna know is the dmg worth it? Ive heard someone say burn is better but dont wanna use da godforsaken fire fury also considering ele dmg accs which well get soon maybe that case burn will be better? this is why im so torn lol

Well, to get accurate facts you must test it at the dummy for a while. ;D

At the moment I just can you give one fact. Recently I tested the damage of LMB. The dummy has burned. My stats are 502 AP and 211% cdmg. I checked only crits and burn spec dealed up to 1000 damage more per hit. I'm not sure how often you can use that exactly but I think every second. So you can think of maybe around 20.000-30.000 damage more from LMB within 30 seconds. This has to be compared with:

- dmg loss while using fire fury

-dmg increase from dragon blaze compared with blazing beam

- reduced cd for meteor (of course only important for fights longer than 20-25 seconds)

I can't really give you more Information because I haven't tested it more, yet. To get the dmg buff from dragon blaze you don't have to use firy fury very often so the dmg loss might not be so high. So the only things to compare is the dmg of Dragon blaze compared with blazing beam and the additional dmg from meteor which depends on your crits and how often you can use dragon blaze.

17 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Well, to get accurate facts you must test it at the dummy for a while. ;D

At the moment I just can you give one fact. Recently I tested the damage of LMB. The dummy has burned. My stats are 502 AP and 211% cdmg. I checked only crits and burn spec dealed up to 1000 damage more per hit. I'm not sure how often you can use that exactly but I think every second. So you can think of maybe around 20.000-30.000 damage more from LMB within 30 seconds. This has to be compared with:

- dmg loss while using fire fury

-dmg increase from dragon blaze compared with blazing beam

- reduced cd for meteor (of course only important for fights longer than 20-25 seconds)

I can't really give you more Information because I haven't tested it more, yet. To get the dmg buff from dragon blaze you don't have to use firy fury very often so the dmg loss might not be so high. So the only things to compare is the dmg of Dragon blaze compared with blazing beam and the additional dmg from meteor which depends on your crits and how often you can use dragon blaze.

Yea the tooltip for it says its about 1k or so increase but also forgot to mention wanna see how it compares with the BB HM when it comes out the -1s CD on BB crit, overall i still kinda think the orbits are better but at the same time with ele gear+burnLB im thinking itll outdmg Drags but its the dragonblaze buff thats still complicating things im not sure what the boosts are for ele gears and if they make the boost from it negligible or if they make it so it makes a little difference so i guess well have to see

Just now, Teffy said:

My HM burn LB crit for 6.5-7k.The orbit one for 4k.You do the math.Fire fury if crit is around 9-10k.And you use it every 18 sec anyway.Not much of dps loss.

true but im trying to consider the future with things like ele gears HM Blaze beam pts etc. Since den ive taken a look at the numbers and im probably missing something (havent tested anything yet) but the boost is very small from dragonblaze unless it dosent show u straight up the boosts cause i think its the case. From what i can infer is right now the differences in dps arent that far apart although i dont have HM LB yet so i cant say 100% for sure just part theory part experimentation 

Due to medical reasons , I am able to play with only 2 fingers on my right hand so LB>RB ani-cancelling is very difficult (almost impossible) for me 

So normally I would use only LB or RB ( if am pvping or ice build) and spam LB + blazing beam and using F when the dragon blaze is up making sure that burn is up all the time . 

See decent dps numbers, but in no way the best that can be done . Unfortunately that is the best I can do, and so far the results have been sort of satisfying . 

Archived