F>LMB cancel interrupts

PeePor

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and my ping to the server is usually 190ms. I'm feeling I lose a lot of DPS already because i can't spam flicker or sunder as fast (at best 2 flickers or 2 sunders a second with max boost and attk training). I try to overcome this by cancelling F>LMB, as i feel it's not as bad, however, when I do I encounter a problem. Whenever an additional electric focus is received, the lightning flash icon seems to have a yellow brim to it on the screen, and at that moment no matter how many times I press F lightning flash just won't cast. This only last for like half a second or so, but enough to hinder smooth cancelling and, again, affect my dps.

P/s: the only moment I know I can do smooth cancelling is when lightning surge runs out and I still have 2 or 3 electric focuses left. This is when I can cancel smoothly because no additional electric focus will be received (either thru critical flicker or flaming scourge).

My question is, how can I overcome this? Is it a common problem and I just have to put up with it? Can I somehow overcome the "unable to cast F" window?

Again, I hope it is not my ping doing this, because I CAN do smooth cancelling at times (like above). If it really still is because of the ping, I might just quit blade dancer and move onto another class that is not as ping dependant.

To be honest, really honest. Blade Dancer is not high ping friendly. It relies on a very steady and low ping (lower the better) to pull off smooth animation cancelling and boost.

The reason it mostly likely doesn't light up is due to ping as i don't have an issue with it ever (have 12-18ms - EU). You may also find your LMB doesn't get used as well due to ping which means you have to wait for the F animation to finish before you can use the skill again, resulting in a failed animation cancel. If this is the case, you could practice on a dummy finding the best point to use animation canceling with your ping (most likely a little bit earlier with the LMB).

Haha, definitely not lower. You may get lower ping on the Asian servers however the clients and such are not in english. Your best bet would be either to just stick with it and grit your teeth or try out a more ping friendly class.

Archived