Ok, it's very evident; something fishy is going on.

Speras

Either the moderators running this game are just mean or heartless, don't give a flying nyerk, or maybe both together.

The "Obligatory Gameguard Thread" has reached almost 12 pages of people BEGGING NCSOFT to remove the Gameguard, alongside the occasional White Knight saying "Everything's fine. shut up and play xDDDDDD." I think NCSOFT has this innate hankering to look for these White Knights and base all company decisions on their suggestions, while ignoring all's legitimate concerns.

I still have faith that the moderators and those in charge of running this game were gamers themselves at one point, and have a healthy, functional brain; when 12 pages of people are begging for a failing anti-hack device that "has provided us with a fair amount of Data against hackers." (Hime... *ahem* *ahem*), and previous mods state "Your feedback is very important to us! We dearly appreciate it!" bla bla bla, we expect that our concerns be heard. You see, the healthy, rational being would look at this state "Hmmm, perhaps this gameguard thing just isn't worth it you guys- Let's just drop it and stop people's complaints. I mean, bots will be bots, yeah?" Whereas NCOSFT's decision is "No, screw you, the money you've put in and your premium time that's slowly dwindling down- We'll (I bet she's giggling while writing this) further improve and update Gameguard..." 

And then silence... What silence? The silence of the moderators who would seemingly rather go through so much rather than answer our concerns legitimately.... But you see? No.

I want to have faith that people at NCSOFT know their piece of crap software FAILGU- Sorry, Gameguard, is indeed not working, and that something is holding them back from removing it..

At least have the decency to tell your community what's holding you back from removing Gameguard altogether. Or you know, just do your usual NCSOFT magic and ignore us.

And you know, perhaps rub it onto your legitimate playerbase that's trying to help by having them gaze at a twirling Namsoyoo stating that everything's fine and new COSTUMES ARE COMING OUT! HOLY CRAP THIS GAME GOT SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE HAD OTHER IMPORTANT PROBLEMS AT HAND! 

Or you know, have the dreaded happy cat state that's things are being investigated and drop their usual ":P, ^.^, =D" for that white knight that seems to misprioritize the importance of things to be addressed in a game that many want the best for.

So dear NCSOFT,

No, we're not interested in new costumes...

No, we don't want more costumes...

No, we don't want new content just yet, or a new class...

We'd like some communication- Some words of explanation as to why crap is the way it is... Some kind of compensation for your premium members who can't log in and are losing the money they worked hard for and put into a game they enjoy, and of course, the biggest impossibility (harder than doing bosses in SSP as melee), a simple apology...

But of course, that's just wishful thinking...

What are the chances they respond to me anyways? I'm just another flamer and QQ'r- This game's fine... Everything's alright... New costumes will save us, right?   

• Moderators

Dear all, 

The reason Game Guard thread got so big is because we were merging lots of small threads into a general one, so that it would be easier to get feedback from one place. As you understand, we have read through all the threads related to this particular issue and have reported the feedback. 

Please, be assured that no voice is left unheard.

Best wishes.

I hope they see your topic or atleast make a post and give you response. I pretty much had my last days of enjoyment, now im just tired of gameguard because it never did its job, back in 2011 when I played Dragonball online TW, we had lag spikes and even that it didnt prevent hacks nor did it fix the bot problem. 

Im just sitting tied looking for another decent game as im writing this. +1 I like your thread

1 hour ago, IMat said:

Dear all, 

The reason Game Guard thread got so big is because we were merging lots of small threads into a general one, so that it would be easier to get feedback from one place. As you understand, we have read through all the threads related to this particular issue and have reported the feedback. 

Best wishes.

Thank you having the decency to respond to me, moderator. I appreciate that, and I appreciate the fact you're one of the more active mods present on forums, so again thank you so much for that. 

If our voices are left unheard, and the majority of the voices are begging the moderators, begging them with all their hearts, to remove a piece of software that's affecting their gameplay, and for some, preventing them from logging into the game... Why is the best course of action to further update the software and not remove it? 

No offence moderator, that's like saying a big "**** you" to all those people... I mean, put yourself in our positions- We want to play... we want to give you our time... We just want to log in and have fun with our friends, and we can't do that because... Gameguard... How do you want us to respond? How exactly do you want to react?

You think that's fair, moderator? We want to play the game too...

:(

41 minutes ago, IMat said:

Dear all, 

Best wishes.

that thing has to go away. it has been proven that it messes up the game for a lot of people, and since hackers and bots still playing, that means it offers 0 protection. even Aion removed game guard cause it was causing problems etc

33 minutes ago, IMat said:

Dear all, 

Best wishes.

This would probably be best being rolled into the Failguard megathread but it's important to realise that the pressure isnt gonna go away. Obviously atm the whole situation is to wait and see but the fact is GG has caused nothing but trouble, its the same as 2009 with aion the best course is to remove it all it does is annoy people. When your own support recommends disabling your antivirus at the same time your seeing a massive jump in account jackings you REALLY look bad there.

Yea. I hate it. It doesnt chop up my game play 100% but there is noticeable decrease in performance. I could run efleet, nightshade and bloodshade without any jitter on boss fights. After they turned back on gey guard i seriously have stutters, when doing bosses in these dungeons...or anywhere for that matter. Gey guard took my fps down by a whole 10. 

When I went to do lab last night and we finally met the thunder brothers...the game hit 0 fps for abut 5 seconds....I was in utter disbelief. Never happened again since but i still get the stuttering and freezing when doing the bosses. 

1 hour ago, IMat said:

Dear all, 

Best wishes.

You want us to rest assured that no voice is left unheard?

Well then, let's make our voices loud and clear. 

Start a simple forum post, moderator... A very simple post asking your users to vote-

1) That you disable Gameguard permanently

2) You "update" Gameguard and "increase its compatibility with other systems" (Yea right)

3) Keep Gameguard.

And I assure you the results will speak for themselves- but you know what? Chances are that 1 will get 99% of the vote, and that is as clear as hearing our voices can be, and you know what NCOSFT's resolution will be? 
Let's implement two and three...  

59 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Not being a white knight here, but have you ever contacted the CIA and ask them on how they do their security related details? 

What you are asking here is for NCS to publicly announce to the hackers how their security system works (or don't in this case), so the hackers can have an even easier way to go around the system.

Keep asking and you will keep getting ignored.

Dearie, I don't think NSOFT is compromising their security by merely telling their player-base that they (maybe) have a contract with gameguard, and that's why they can't discontinue it for the meanwhile... 

I'm not asking them to compromise their security or anything...

Heck, they're the ones asking me to disable firewalls and turning off anti-virus to allow gameguard to work... 

1 hour ago, Speras said:

And then silence... What silence? The silence of the moderators who would seemingly rather go through so much rather than answer our concerns legitimately.... But you see? No.

I want to have faith that people at NCSOFT know their piece of crap software FAILGU- Sorry, Gameguard, is indeed not working, and that something is holding them back from removing it..

At least have the decency to tell your community what's holding you back from removing Gameguard altogether. Or you know, just do your usual NCSOFT magic and ignore us.

Not being a white knight here, but have you ever contacted the CIA and ask them on how they do their security related details? 

What you are asking here is for NCS to publicly announce to the hackers how their security system works (or don't in this case), so the hackers can have an even easier way to go around the system.

Keep asking and you will keep getting ignored.

No, we're not interested in new costumes...

No, we don't want more costumes...

... but... I want new...and more costumes!!!!

But, anyway I'd prefer for things to be looked into, I understand some details aren't able to be shared, but maybe a general idea. I just have a funny feeling though the bots will just work around, create new accounts, etc... and find ways to get around EVERYTHING almost every MMO... in fact maybe 98% of all the mmo's I have gone on, played on etc.. had bots... Even a few pay to play ones...

I would like to see more community interaction though IN GAME (maybe a fun hide and seek event etc...)

The forums is awesome and everything, but at the same time, I'd also like to see it in game. Maybe every other week a GM come on, and hear a few complaints out (however this can also pose issues with people spamming the chat etc....) so that could/Could not work. IDK.

I can't speak for the game guard issue as I have had no issues with it, haven't noticed anything different when it wasn't there, and was there etc...

I also think the community does  A LOT of complaining with no input. it is all just "fix this" "fix that" but with no solid ideas, with the "i could do this better then you" mentality, NOT SAYING ANYONE HERE IS DOING THIS I am just saying in general that is what I see A LOT of. anyway, there is things I like that NCsoft does, and things that I DON'T like, unfortunately no company has ever 100% pleased me, and some people simply WONT be pleased ever. But, anyway I wish the best in the battle of facing the bots and hackers... that to me is the biggest problem!

7 hours ago, IMat said:

Dear all,

Best wishes.

Did you seriously imply that the only reason my thread got so big is because you have been merging threads together (I don't understand why the forum says its created by someone else now either)?  Isn't that ignoring the fact that there are 290 individual posts in that thread, most of which are people complaining how Gameguard negatively impacts their gaming experience?  I cannot play your game right now because of how seriously stuttery its become.  I tried doing my dailies yesterday and I just can't.  It gives me a headache.  My premium is going to waste.

6 hours ago, Speras said:

Thank you having the decency to respond to me, moderator. I appreciate that, and I appreciate the fact you're one of the more active mods present on forums, so again thank you so much for that.

Most active moderator at 23 posts.  Kinda tells you something, doesn't it?

Archived